Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 25-12-2009, 02:46
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Does ritalin show on drug test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnizzle View Post
It doesn't speed up the metabolization. Metabolites are excreted in the urine. Drug tests test for metabolite concentrations. Peeing more before the test will help to remove more metabolites. As you might have noticed when you don't drink for a while, your pee is yellow because all the metabolites and other things excreted in the urine are concentrated. That's why they check to see if your urine is too diluted when they test it, the more diluted it is the less concentrated the metabolized drug will be. In addition, if the drug is water soluble, the more water available in the body, the higher the possibility that it is being flushed out with the excess water. Working out will help to remove stores of fat-soluble drugs.

Is it possible that removing the metabolites faster cause a Le-Chatlier's effect resulting in a increase in metabolism?
Old 25-12-2009, 04:25
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from Earth
Nnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline Medline

I'm not exactly familiar with this concept. Are you asking whether drinking excess water will speed up metabolism and therefore increase metabolic concentration in the urine? I read up (only for a minute) on Le Chatelier and it sounds like the concept is basically that changes in temperature, pressure and concentration will have an effect on equilibrium. Forgive me but I'm not sure exactly the idea behind your question. Anyway, filtration of urine is a very complex process. All liquid which eventually ends up in the urine goes through several filtrations and "redilutions". I can't say for sure as my dog has imbibed a bit but he would be quite surprised if drinking of excess water had an effect which resulted in increased metabolism and a resulting increase in concentration of metabolites due to increased metabolism (which he believes is your question). In a bit he will try to answer more thoroughly but for now he believes this is adequate enough.
Old 27-12-2009, 07:12
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10

^ I was referring to the movement of some substance from high concentration to lower concentration. It has an effect on chemical equilibrium such as that demonstrated by enzymes, their subtrates, and their products.

Sorry this is off topic. We should continue such discussion on another thread.
Old 22-06-2011, 17:52
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyhydro View Post
Yes! Ritalin or chemically known as Methylphenidate is a schedule II drug and is very similar chemically to cocaine. There was even a study done where cocaine addicts very given Ritalin and told it was cocaine and most of them could not tell the difference in the high.
The subjective effects of methylphenidate & cocaine have fuckall to do with their detection in a drug test. While methylphenidate is probably the closest thing (subjectively) to "pharmaceutical cocaine" as you'll get (other than, well, actual pharmaceutical cocaine *LOL*), it will NOT trigger a positive for cocaine on a drug test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkitchSkitch View Post
yes it is in fact traced as an amphetamine. The body, as well as drug tests see coke, adderal, meth, ritalin and a few others in the same category.
What on earth does "traced as XYZ" mean? If your body and drug tests all see cocaine, (meth)amphetamine, methylphenidate "and a few others" as the same category...why do they need separate categories on the test, hmm? They even have a separate test for methamphetamine (although methamphetamine will trigger a positive result on an amphetamine test, because one of methamphetamine's metabolites *is* amphetamine).

Cocaine only shows up as cocaine
Amphetamine shows up as amphetamines
Methamphetamine shows up as methamphetamine & amphetamine *depends on the test*
Methylphenidate should only trigger a positive result if methylphenidate is specifically tested for; it does not trigger a positive for cocaine or amphetamine, as they do not share any of the same metabolites.

In the typical SAMHSA-5 (formerly NIDA-5) panel test, methylphenidate will NOT be detected. It *can* specifically be tested for, however - but the specific test needs to be specially requested. It's not on, say, the traditional probation drug testing dip stick or whatever.

False positives to many things happen all the time. Make sure you're not using over the counter nasal inhalers or decongestants (it's not common, but apparently (pseudo)ephedrine has caused false positives for amphetamine; unknown if this was just a false positive that would have happened regardless, however). The Vick's nasal inhaler contains levametafetamine, which is just a way for them to hide what most people would call it: levo-methamphetamine.

Again, unless specifically being tested for, methylphenidate (Ritalin, Methalyn, Focalin, Concerta, etc) will not come up positive as anything else on a drug test.

~Kailey, who knows this is an old thread, but it's so full of incorrect information that she couldn't help replying to it...

Post Quality Evaluations:
for being the only comprehensive answer to OPs question and for "cannot help correcti9ng."
Old 22-06-2011, 21:22

24 y/o Male from USA - Florida
smokeasac needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

Ritalin definitely shows up as amphetamines its happend to me
Old 24-05-2012, 17:10

29 y/o Male from United States
ProUser910 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

dont listen to the post above me thats completely false... i just took a drug test on wednesday and needed to use ritalin on monday cause i was tired and had such a long day and believe it or not coffee or those energy drinks give me the jitters and ritalin doesnt so on monday i took 15mg total ritalin 10 in the morning and 5 at like 4pm and then took a drug test at 8am on wednesday so i dont get how the post above says ritalin shows up on drug tests it never showed up for me ever.... i had to get drug tested every month from my doctor and id do ritalin on the day of the drug test because theres no harm failing in front of my doctor but i was a little nervous to take ritalin i new my color was due to come up but maybe it also didnt show up cause it says its outta ur system in 1-2 days but just cause methylphenidate makes u speedy so does caffiene nicotine guana seed extract and even ephedra which is found on over the counter supplements and none of those show up as amphetamines.... look the only thing showing up as amphetamines on the samsha-5 or 7 or 9 panel test is simple crystal meth, adderal, dexidrine, vyvanse, benzadrine, phentermine
Old 18-05-2013, 05:50

39 y/o Male from United States
rftn10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Ritalin is not usually tested for. However in some of the cheaper urine tests in may have a false positive reaction. Strattera will never show ,, ADDERAL almost always

Share this on:

Tags
blood drug test, drug testing, ritalin