Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 28-04-2013, 03:37
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.
Points: 730, Level: 4 Points: 730, Level: 4 Points: 730, Level: 4
Activity: 8.2% Activity: 8.2% Activity: 8.2%
Kratom and effects of pain management with percocet

Hey guys! I tried doing a search and couldn't yield much helpful information, so maybe someone here is experienced enough and can help me out.

Today I had an unfortunate accident, broke a bone It was immediately very painful so I went to the hospital and they prescribed me percocet. Now I have a couple questions regarding percocet and my kratom use.

First, I have read that one of the alkaloids in kratom has opioid receptor antagonistic properties. If this is true, does anyone know how strong of an effect this has? And will it negatively affect the efficacy of the (and not exaggerating) much needed percocet? I have only taken one so far and a ton of ibuprofen for the swelling. So far its done a decent job for the pain (a 10 down to a 4). I will probably take another half here soon, but want to know if anyone can shed any light on my question above?

Second, this kind of relates to my first question. Say the antagonistic effect of the one kratom alkaloid (cant remember which one) isn't strong enough to keep the percocet from doing its job, could I possibly take the two at the same time (obviously less of both)? Or would it be wise just to use one or the other? Or even further, kratom for the day pain as it is obviously less sedative, and then percocet at night without losing any of the pain killing effects?

Much obliged in advance for any help anyone can give me! It would be great if I am mistaken. Alas, if it comes down to it, possibly have to avoid kratom until the percs are no longer needed.
Old 28-04-2013, 03:51
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.
Points: 1,373, Level: 5 Points: 1,373, Level: 5 Points: 1,373, Level: 5
Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3%
Re: Kratom and effects of pain management with percocet

Corynantheidine is the opioid antagonist alkaloid in Kratom that you're referring to. It's only a minor consitituent of Kratom however, 7-hydroxymitragynine is a strong mu-opioid agonist and is primarily responsible for Kratom's effects (along with a few other agonists). Thus Kratom potentiates Oxycodone since it acts on similar receptors, rather than making Oxycodone weaker like you fear. I can confirm this from personal experience. If you combine them take less of each than you usually would.
Old 28-04-2013, 04:18
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.
Points: 730, Level: 4 Points: 730, Level: 4 Points: 730, Level: 4
Activity: 8.2% Activity: 8.2% Activity: 8.2%

Great news! Yeah I couldnt remember the exact name of it, but I assumed that it must be weak given how well kratom works. Thanks for your quick response
Old 12-05-2013, 20:34

49 y/o Female from United States
fibrogirl101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Will it show up on drug test

Last edited by MrG; 17-05-2013 at 08:04. Reason: Removal of request for source.
Old 12-05-2013, 20:55
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,640, Level: 20 Points: 19,640, Level: 20 Points: 19,640, Level: 20
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%

Source discussion is against the rules. Please read them.
Some places now have tests for kratoms main alkaloids.
Kratom will not give a false positive for other drugs but recently there have been reports of it showing up as methadone, however i have not heard of anyone who reported this having sent some of their batch for lab testing so until that happens it is unknown if the kratom has been adulterated with something else.

When buying kratom read the guide to buying kratom for some advice. http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=200101

Share this on:

Tags
combinations, kratom, kratom and pain management, kratom for pain, opioids, percocet