Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 13-11-2012, 01:48
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United States
cloud_nine is a decent psychonaut.cloud_nine is a decent psychonaut.
Chest pain?

I have a few questions for you guys..

Does anyone get chest pain during continuous meth use?
Anyone have problems with their joints needing to be cracked all the time?
Anyone crack their chest/sternum(when you stretch it makes a popping noise and relieves it)?

I don't smoke as much as i used to but when i do lately ive been getting chest pains and i need to stretch and my sternum with crack.I need to do this even when im not high but doesn't bother me as much as when i am high.This has been caused by my meth use I believe.
Old 13-11-2012, 03:36

23 y/o Male from USA - California
AboveDaInfluence is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 413, Level: 3 Points: 413, Level: 3 Points: 413, Level: 3
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Re: Chest pain?

Yes I go through this all the time but it doesnt bother me that much. The chest pain goes away after I get some sleep, the joints I have no solution for those it just doesn't seem to go away. But I stretch instead of cracking, if you research online you can find some good stretches. As far as cracking the chest, I never heard of anyone doing that.
Old 13-11-2012, 04:12
Banned

Male from United States
Tripped Out O.o is heading for the Darwin Award.Tripped Out O.o is heading for the Darwin Award.

Overdosed on some adderall and chest pains up the ass almost every day since than. As for the crack thing,,, honestly I thought I was just insane.. ya that shit happens and idk what it is... I guess i got used to it?
Old 13-11-2012, 06:48
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United States
cloud_nine is a decent psychonaut.cloud_nine is a decent psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveDaInfluence View Post
Yes I go through this all the time but it doesnt bother me that much. The chest pain goes away after I get some sleep, the joints I have no solution for those it just doesn't seem to go away. But I stretch instead of cracking, if you research online you can find some good stretches. As far as cracking the chest, I never heard of anyone doing that.
I do yoga and it does help with sore joints.
Old 20-04-2013, 02:52

20 y/o Male from Earth
FriendOfAnotherFriend should review received reputation comments.
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

As for the chest crack. I've been doing that before I smoked. So I don't think it has anything related to the usage. It kind of feels like your chest is getting tight? Then I put my chest forward and stretch my arms back to stretch my chest and it cracks. Smoking or not, I don't realise needing to crack my chest more or less.m
Old 20-04-2013, 06:40
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
SilverStars is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

I've had the mild chest pain..I attributed it to my too much use in a short time as well as anxiety mapping the pain up.
Old 20-04-2013, 23:34

22 y/o Male from United States
gmaster needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 10.6% Activity: 10.6% Activity: 10.6%

In my experience in life, chest pain is almost always caused by gastrointestinal issues and anxiety. I know it's not my heart if stick my fingers under my rib cage and push up in there if it is painful then thats your intestines

Post Quality Evaluations:
Dangerous Information: Chest pain associated with Meth use is much more likely to be cardiac than GI in nature. Also your intestines are not up under your ribcage they are below it.
Old 21-04-2013, 00:22
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.
Points: 1,653, Level: 6 Points: 1,653, Level: 6 Points: 1,653, Level: 6
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster View Post
In my experience in life, chest pain is almost always caused by gastrointestinal issues and anxiety. I know it's not my heart if stick my fingers under my rib cage and push up in there if it is painful then thats your intestines
This is wrong and potentially hazardous misinformation. While gmaster's chest pain could very well be from GI issues (stomach if there is epigastric pain when you press in the epigastric region, your intestines are not covered by the ribs) chest pain associated with methamphetamine use is much, much more likely to be cardiac (heart) in nature. Methamphetamine use leads to an increased risk of arrhythmias (irregular heart beat), high blood pressure, increased heart rate, and other things that all increase the risk of heart attack and heart failure.

Just chest tightness by itself relieved by "cracking" your sternum (breastbone) is completely harmless. Little bubbles of gas build-up within the fluid that lubricates these joints. This can cause the feeling of tightness by increased pressure in those joints. The crack you here is that gas bubble being released. It is not associated with any pain.

The sensation of chest tightness AND pain is the classic presentation of cardiac chest pain from decreased oxygen in the heart muscle tissue. This is a pretty serious sign of heart trouble. If you are having pain in your chest that feels like crushing, tightness, squeezing, etc... then you need to go see a doctor.

Sorry if I am being a buzzkill, but just wanted to make sure that people know the difference between the skeletal-based and cardiac-based chest tightness. One is completely normal and safe, while the other is very serious.

Stay safe,
--Dr.Evil
Old 21-04-2013, 01:39

22 y/o Male from United States
gmaster needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 10.6% Activity: 10.6% Activity: 10.6%

No no you're right my post alone is irresponsible but yours + mine = informative
I experienced the squeezing last night in the middle of my chest like someone was pinching it ... that is bad but also given the substance you don't want to make your paranoia worse. So what you do is take a small dose of a benzo (like 1.25mg valium) and see if "it gets better" you may have just been trippin. Now IF IT STILL HURTS I would get my ass to the ER asap.

note: I have had an OD not very long ago and I will tell you it is very very apparent that you need a hospital on an OD. I had been on a few days and I ate some for the grand finale, about 10 minutes later I BROKE into a sweat HARD and was hyperventilating uncontrollably as in when I wiped my forehead my hand was soaked. In the car on the way I was getting spinning lightheaded and convulsions of a sort like my leg just spazzing constantly my breathing rate for the next 2 hours was like I had just ran a mile which gave me symptoms of high oxygen in the blood like numb arms. So from someone who knows, when you need to panic... you will know it like 'HEY YOUR GONNA DIE BITCH'! That's when you trip but mostly your just another paranoid guy (me too ) on this forum and you will be fine.

Share this on:

Tags
meth, methamphetamine