Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Methadone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 18:34
TheBigBadWolf TheBigBadWolf is nu online
holier than thou

48 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,992, Level: 13 Points: 7,992, Level: 13 Points: 7,992, Level: 13
Activity: 40.4% Activity: 40.4% Activity: 40.4%
AW: Injecting methadone

On last wednesday, I exchanged one of my portions of levomethadone with one of my friends, being rac-methadone (10mg/ml), and I injected it.
It kicked in like mine would do, but I had bad burning feeling in my vein whilst injecting. Anyone who says injecting regular methadone oral solution was a bad idea is definately RIGHT.

TBBW

Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 31-01-2012 at 21:21. Reason: date corrected, typo.
Old 13-01-2012, 10:57
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,495, Level: 5 Points: 1,495, Level: 5 Points: 1,495, Level: 5
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Re: AW: Injecting methadone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
On wednesday, I exchanged one of my portions of levomethadone with one of my friends, being rac-methadone (10mg/ml), and I injected it.
It kicked in like mine would do, but I had bad burning feeling in my vein whilst injecting. Anyone who says injecting regular methadone oral solution was a bad idea is definately RIGHT.

TBBW
Levomethadone is what you want, not the racemic methadone because the (let me check this word out) "dextrorotary form" doesn't have opioid activity and according to Wikipedia (accurate enough for me, if you wish to dispute it, present your proof) "the laevorotary form instead of the racemate opioid agonist potency is doubled."

In any case i fully agree that injecting methadone is a very bad idea and the majoirty of people who get methadone with be getting the racemate mixture and not levo-methadone.
Old 13-01-2012, 12:06
Titanium Member

35 y/o Male from Earth
&rew is on the way up&rew is on the way up&rew is on the way up
Re: Injecting methadone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailey_elise View Post
They *DO* make methadone ampoules for injection, although I've never seen them in the USA. I've been told that they do provide these ampoules to people in other countries, however. I've also been told that other people get a rush from injecting methadone, but again, I've never experienced one. *shrug*
For some guy, when he had good bold vein and had good WDs, injection of ~50mg/ml concentrated solution did something. But call it a rush... then fenthanyl has rush too. what about heroin or iodo-meth rush then? Mega Rushes?

For some guy it was. On 5th second when heroin already unfolding on full speed, almost nothing. Guy became sad, 7th second (heroin will already fully flashed) guy felt something, 10th second this "something" grows into something bigger and speed at which guy gets high only increases with each moment. 15th second guy afraid if he'll get high on that speed a bit more seconds then he'll blackout for sure. But very soon speed of getting high slows down and very soon he stick to stable buzz. Not sure about seconds but it shows dynamic: delay (almost nothing)--frustration--acceleration--panic--relax.

Pretty close reaction on first 'done injection some guy saw on faces of other guys: IV--very sad-sad panda--then panda's brow goes upper and upper -- smile disappears from panda's face, eyes becomes big and rounded -- panda opens mouth to say something -- relax -- dialog: "Wanted to say something?" -- "Never mind".

It was once or two but some guy better call it fast coming buzz than rush. Bad vein (and 'done burns out it fast), no WDs and guy gets nothing at all -- just buzz in 2-3 mins.

Not sure if someone without needle fixation would burn veins for that "rush". There are a lot of ways to destroyed veins with a way better output.

IVing supportive dose or 1mg/ml concentration... well, got high faster but call it a rush... Guess better call it useless waste of health. But who knows... some people inject a way worse substances and live happy (a couple more months).

(almost forgot). For those gifted people who can read between the line and than put their pets and penis into microwave. All that written above is just imagination of some junkie with complete brain freeze. He is lying.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for this experience report. Good explanation, nice advice, helpful follow-up info.

Last edited by &rew; 13-01-2012 at 12:22.
Old 31-01-2012, 21:18
holier than thou

48 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute

Please have a look
here
and consider swallowing.

TBBW
Old 16-03-2013, 21:13

34 y/o Male from United States
BuzzSeeker should review received reputation comments.
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Speaking from experience, there is no reason to inject methadone. there is no rush to it, it was designed by the germans to be absorbed in your guts. If you get sick from injecting this stuff, you deserve to be sick. I have used a needle a lot, cocaine, heroin, oxys, etc etc. I have not used a needle for anything in a long time. The problem is in your mind. Defeat it before it kills you. Cause sooner or later using the needle is going to kill you.

condescending and partly wrong. useless info if not expanded onto
Old 17-03-2013, 11:37
holier than thou

48 y/o Male from Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzSeeker View Post
Speaking from experience, there is no reason to inject methadone. there is no rush to it, it was designed by the germans to be absorbed in your guts. If you get sick from injecting this stuff, you deserve to be sick.
Actually Methadone was designed as a completely 'chemical' opioid as a painkiller which needed no poppy fields to grow it on...
Why would one design a drug that is meant to be "absorbed in your guts", the fact is that there is ( save the receptor sites on Central Nervous System) most of receptors for opioids in the lower intestinies.
This doesnt mean the med was designed for it, it just happens to be that way cause humans are built like that.

Additionally there is i.v. methadone solution around.

Not really sure what you wanted to express with your post, if you wanted to add something substantial it seems to have gone lost between the lines.

BBW
Old 17-03-2013, 14:32

31 y/o Male from Croatia
Miligram should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

I never tried to inject methadone ,I think that's stupid but I know some people who r doing that.They say that u need a lot of liquid methadone to feel the euphoria....I don't know if it's true cuz like I said I never tried it so....maybe it is true what they say to feel the euphoric. But I become my doses in a little bottles mixed with some juice or Peach Ice tea...so there is no way u could fix it.
Old 17-03-2013, 15:21
holier than thou

48 y/o Male from Germany
Injecting methadone

Milligram, that was what I tried to get through all the thread long: normal oral solution that contains sweetener, artifical aroma, color and whatnot, all this along with the superfluous dextromethadon is not a good drug to be injected.
But - amd now comes my point:
The levorotary form as comes from the bottled as manufactured by Aventis pharm co. ( only manfacturer AFAIK) is exactly the same fluid as the injecting ampoules contain - says the users information when compared.
If someone is in the situation to get this med it is not unreasonable to try injecting it.
Even with a waterclear solution of rac- methadone it could be worth trying if someone would be alright with injecting the opioidish useless d-methadone that on top bears the risk of acting on the function of nerves in their heart, concerning heartbeat rhythm.
Which I btw anyways dont understand is why millions are given an imperfect drug with useless or even outright dangerous ingredients, when there's the 'good' stuff outside.
Obviously a 'we dont buy from the Germans when we have our own drug manufactorers' attitude. A shame no one notices and no one cares. I could go on with this but would put the thread further astray.

BBW
Old 29-03-2013, 20:58
Mercury Member

Male from United States
rodneyrdr needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Couldn't have said it better myself. You are absolutely correct, its just not worth it. It really makes u sicker because it's out of your system twice as fast when injected. And if you miss? eewwwweee, lawd have mercy!

rodneyrdr added 18 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

The main thing is to not inject ANYTHING. Its not worth it. so GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!! You're not a street junkie anymore so leave all that stuff behind you. Someday you will probably need the veins you have for genuine medical emergencies. Live a LONG life , Don't shoot up that shit man, come on. You're done with that and good riddance. Take care, buddy.

Last edited by rodneyrdr; 29-03-2013 at 20:58. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-04-2013, 21:58
Titanium Member

35 y/o Male from Earth
&rew is on the way up&rew is on the way up&rew is on the way up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
Please have a look
here
and consider swallowing.

TBBW
Man, I've read your post and wanted to answer but unfortunately the one starts writing only when he feels sick but not too sick so he could type. So sorry for delay.

Pictures you posted look like a common abscess that was ignored for a long time.

One user clearly understands the risk of abscess, and even more: as soon as user removes the hood from the needle user goes under risk of getting an abscess from that needle. One user clearly understands the risk of using clandestine crystal methadone.HCl. Another risk that goes from that `done is a chemical burn `cos of impurity of crystals and he has a black cone that goes deep into his leg `cos of it (sometimes people learn on theirs own mistakes). But one user tries to minimize those risks, he recrystallizes `done in ethanol, uses synergies only once, uses ethanol before and after injection, takes `done only from chemist he knows or done by himself.

That's the choice he did in clear mind <strikeout>and under pressure of needle fixation</strikeout>.

And back to thread: injecting syrup is something absolutely insane for me. What for? To destroy vein and flesh around it? Spend 30 mins searching for vein and than destroy it? Oh, i see, to get more fun while searching for next vein. 2-3 hours of search while feeling sick sounds not so great.
Old 18-04-2013, 14:44
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from Australia
nev il-pinto is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

I've found injecting methadone is quite common in Australia, at least in states where doses are not expanded (in some states methadone doses are 200ml, regardless of the mg doseage)

There are two forms of methadone (commonly) supplied down here, Methadone syrup & Biodone. Both are 5mg/1ml. Methadone syrup is the traditional form of methadone most people on this thread seem to be referring to. This is liquid methdone that also contains many non acting additives. Although still dispensed at many chemists & clinics it appears that it is being phased out in favour of biodone due to the amount of extra ingredients and the problems (real & imaginary) that it causes (rotting teeth etc). Biodone is simply methadone hydrochloride, purified water and a colouring agent. I was wondering if this is what people in this thread are referring to when they talk about methadone supplied for IV use? It is a lot 'thinner' than methdone syrup.

People who chose to IV their done generally prefer biodone as it does not need extra water added to 'thin it out' before injection. There has also been problems with people suffering serious rashes as a result of injecting syrup. Everything i have seen indicates that injecting methadone does provide a more intense 'rush' and a better 'high' (although i don't have any evidence besides experience)

Injection of methadone is normally done with a 'butterfly clip' (needle with a winged clip to hold in place in the vein, connected to the barrel by rubber tubing). These are used so multiple barrels can be used for a single injection

Thought I'd throw this in here. I'd read the thread and couldn't find any mention of butterflies or biodone and was wondering about the references to IV methadone. This is my first proper post on the forum so apologies if i haven't used correct terminology etc.

have a good one
Old 18-04-2013, 15:23
holier than thou

48 y/o Male from Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by nev il-pinto View Post
I was wondering if this is what people in this thread are referring to when they talk about methadone supplied for IV use?
No, when talking about methadone for injection purposes people are talking methadone ampoules for injection.

What I was talking about mainly in my posts is levomethadone, which is to my knowledge only available in Germany - and even of this substance there are three different distributing appearances, it is levomethadone( PolamidonTM) solution (for pain, comes in 20 ml bottles and is 0.5% levomethadone solution), the levomethadone solution for Substitution ( comes in bottles up to 1000 ml, 0.5 5%, and levomethadone for injection, 0.5% comes in ampoules à 2 ml.
If you want to know more about levomethadone, please read up on the net about 'Polamidon'.

BBW
Old 19-04-2013, 13:33
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from Australia
nev il-pinto is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

thanks mr wolf

ive had a quick search for info about Levomethadone/Polamidon but unfortunately the info seems a bit limited (most resources just compare it to methadone). it appears you're right. it is only used in Germany & Austria.

i was wondering what ingredients the methadone ampules for injection contain? (besides methadone hydrocholride obviously)

have a good one
Old 20-04-2013, 02:15
holier than thou

48 y/o Male from Germany

Nev il-pinto,

I had the consumers information of those in my hand, given to me by the pharmacist I have got my L-Pola from for years, the ingrediences in all the three application forms are the same concentration of all substances. This was far before my time here on DF, so sorry for not being able to provide them today.
This does not me it has to be still the same today, receptures might have changed slightly ,..
This does also not mean that it were somehow 'safe' to inject the solution that doesnt come in ampoules. Only these are sterile and made for injection.

In the end sterility is a number .
A number of germs present that might have bad effects when the number is not thought about thoroughly..

BBW
Old 25-11-2013, 13:49

43 y/o Female from Australia
Arcadiance is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My mate has been on a methadone program since 1991...On and off using herion as well...They stopped using heroin in 2001 when there was a herion drought in Australia. Shortly after the war in Afghanistan started, grams went from $150 to $1000 overnight. It was during this time mate started injecting their take away doses. They have been on a dose of 85mls for 10 yrs and they have injected 4 take aways per week for that whole time with no ill effect. That's what they would say, but I can see the toll it has taken on them. They have no energy but on the days they pick up their take away they get a burst of it. They have told me they do get a taste when injecting and go on the nod, especially after having a 85ml dose at the chemist and coming home and having 2 x 85mls of take away doses. So that is 245ml in a day which I am VERY concerned about. What should I do?? Just let them continue or keep trying to make them stop???

Price discussion is against the rules, please read them.
Old 26-11-2013, 04:16
holier than thou

48 y/o Male from Germany

Arcadiance,
these are very high doses which I wouldn't allow my friend to inject - nowadays...
the amount of liquid is not what is bugging me there, this is merely a question of injecting technique and what tools one uses, but the dose of methadone is dangerously near to an overdosing, a triple daily dose could even become fatal if the subject is in a bad health state or has consumed any other CNS-depressants ( other opiates, alcohol, benzodiazepines, barbiturates).

btw it would be 255 ml...

BBW

The post confirmed my fears
Old 02-12-2013, 09:27

43 y/o Female from Australia
Arcadiance is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

BigBadWolf..Thank you for confirming my fears....I realize we have a battle on our hands....Would it be wise of me to approach their drug counselor and doctor? Or should I take a step back and let them keep doing what they do....abusing their methadone doses. I feel like I'm stuffed if I do and stuffed if I don't....And I'm not sure this is the right forum for asking such mundane questions, so apologies in advanced.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:27
Silver Member

Male from Portugal
xoxi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

By now your friend is totally a costumed to that type of use! More than ten years on it!
I wouldn't worry if he doesn't mix with other drugs, specially depressants.
I would be more worried about the health concerns of injecting such large doses of additives like chloroform and others. Even methadone is caustic enough to cause troubles to the circulatory system when injected that way. Methadone isn't supposed to be injected on concentrations greater than 5mg / 2 ml
Old 04-12-2013, 18:17

33 y/o Male from United States
IVinsane is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

dont report to they program. getting cut from that much meth would be like dying
Old 10-12-2013, 18:34
holier than thou

48 y/o Male from Germany

I am of the same opinion as ivinsane above, reporting your friend would mean they could be thrown out of the program,- it istheir own life, let them do what they like aftr you talked to them about your fears.

BBW

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxi View Post
Even methadone is caustic enough to cause troubles to the circulatory system when injected that way. Methadone isn't supposed to be injected on concentrations greater than 5mg / 2 ml
No.
methadone IS caustic, this is true, but the H+concentrations (pH)you talk about dont appear except when you extract methadone pills. Oral methadone solution (which we talk about here) injected never comes in concentrations like this, the highest concentration for oral use is 1% for rac.methadone, 0.5 % for Levomethadone.
The second mistake is your assumption that methadone wouldnt be meant to be injected in concentration above 5 mg per 2 ml- actually, levomethadone (L-Polamidone) ampoules for injection come in 0.5% solution which is 5 mg per 1 ml.

Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 11-12-2013 at 08:29. Reason: addition.

Share this on:

Tags
addiction, amidone, analgesic, dolophine, euphoria, heptadon, injecting, injecting methadone, injecting pills, intravenous injection, iv methadone, methadone injecting, methadone intravenous use, methadone iv use, methadone maintenance treatment, methadose, mmt, needle fixation, opiates, opioid, oral methadone, physeptone, smack, symoron, uk methadone, wiki