Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Deliriant antihistamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Deliriant antihistamines Diphenhydramine, cyclizine and other antihistamines.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:29

24 y/o Male from United States
LaMotaVerde should review received reputation comments.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
First Time Benadryl Trip tips?

So today I picked up a bottle of the store brand Allergy medicine, and plan to get "high" of them.
Currently I have messed with DXM, Cannabis and synthetic cannabinoids, but never really Hallucinated. Except for one instance at school in guitar class after smoking a bowl of Synthetic Marijuana and saw Jimmy Hendrix lol.... Anyways I was wondering how much I should take to reach a state of mild-medium hallucinations.
I have made sure the only active ingredient is Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride. I am 180 lbs 5'10 with a semi-muscular built. Also what would you guys advise to do while on the trip?
Thank you, and sorry for going off-topic, this is my first post.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:26

21 y/o Male from United States
MeSH should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: First Time Benadryl Trip tips?

The dosage varies from person to person and from trip to trip. In my experience, from what I understand you to mean, I would recommend a 300 mg dose. When I dose 300, I get a "stoning" feel, as well as visual distortions, mild hallucinations, and I hear sounds. It is quite enjoyable for me, and it is a good starter dose.

As for things to do while tripping, I recommend doing things you normally enjoy. Personally, I will play video games, watch movies, or just browse the internet. I recommend staying away from people who may discourage drug use, as you will act very strange.
Old 04-04-2013, 14:24

LaMotaVerde should review received reputation comments.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSH View Post
The dosage varies from person to person and from trip to trip. In my experience, from what I understand you to mean, I would recommend a 300 mg dose. When I dose 300, I get a "stoning" feel, as well as visual distortions, mild hallucinations, and I hear sounds. It is quite enjoyable for me, and it is a good starter dose.

As for things to do while tripping, I recommend doing things you normally enjoy. Personally, I will play video games, watch movies, or just browse the internet. I recommend staying away from people who may discourage drug use, as you will act very strange.
Thanks for responding, and it's quite ironic; since I didn't get a fast enough response, I dosed 300 mgs. But only to be dissapointed. I felt drunk and I struggled to move my leg and jaw muscles, I had slurred speech. But no visuals, only light colors in my peripherals. I heard dogs barking which I thought was great. I fell asleep and had dreams about spiders I WAS Terrified, but nothing Really special.. Would you suggest I increase my dose next time? If so by how much?
Old 06-04-2013, 19:11
Silver Member

Male from United States
PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.
Points: 1,084, Level: 5 Points: 1,084, Level: 5 Points: 1,084, Level: 5
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

You shouldn't post things that are time sensitive. It can take a while before someone sees your question. If you are going to ask for advice on what to do, you should wait for the advice first. Nothing happened this time, but what if you had decided to take 600mg and it ended up being way to crazy. In this hypothetical situation, a bad experience could have been avoided if you just waited for a response.

Anyway, 300mg is often a disappointing experience if you are intent on experiencing hallucination and delirium. But it is a good starting dose. Dosing for DPH generally is not affected by body weight but it can vary greatly from person to person based on unknown factors possibly related to neurochemistry. But dosing DPH is somewhat consistent with regards to weight. 300mg will produce similar effects in most people and 600mg will produce similar effects in most people, etc.

Having said this, many people find that the effects of DPH are not always consistent for the same dose. I have heard of people using 600mg and not experiencing many hallucinations even though they usually hallucinate at that dose and then one day using 450mg and getting tons of hallucinations.

I have found that for me there are minimum doses below which I won't experience a particular effect. The most prominent minimums for me are the minimum needed for hallucinations and the minimum necessary to produce uncontrollable delirium.

The only thing that I have ever found to be totally dose dependent is the level of delirium. The visual effects, auditory, paranoia and other effects can vary. Perhaps if you were to try 300mg again, you might get strong visuals or otherwise better effects. But if you want to try for a higher dose, then I would recommend slowly working up.

Maybe try 400mg or 450mg next time. If you are really adventurous, you could go to 600mg. But I would definitely NOT recommend this. 600mg is generally a "safe" dose, but it could end up being a very bad experience if you are not prepared or if it turns out that you don't really like delirium. In this dose range, many experience hallucinations that are both terrifying and inseparable from reality. You could be in for a really unfun night. And it is always a good idea to have a sitter present if possible, especially for deliriants and especially if you are inexperienced.

And my final bit of advice is that you only use this drug very rarely. Try to keep it at a maximum of once a month for recreational doses. DPH can be a very enjoyable drug for some people and it is possible to become addicted despite what the medical community says. DPH can also really mess with you brain. Even one use can have cognitive and other side effects that can last for a week after the trip. Regular use will surely destroy your cognitive abilities and memory and could easily make you delusional or psychotic.

For these reasons, I limit my recreational DPH use to once every three months. This kind of infrequent use is much less likely to affect you health.

Last edited by PowerfulMedicine; 10-04-2013 at 20:09.
Old 06-04-2013, 19:55

PIPEMACGYVER is an unknown quantity at this point

Diphenhydramine is not fun in my opinion. It's a struggle to stay awake long enough to really trip, and even if you do all you get is a few hours of drowsy delirium and maybe see a few spiders. Interesting enough to try once but not recreational.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Opinion duly noted, but this comment doesn't add anything to the discussion. The OP asked for tips and advice not criticisms of the DPH.
Good, solid, advice. DPH is hardly recreational and should not be used as such. Good advice.
He was looking for tips and advice, not your lousy opinion.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:23
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

20 y/o Male from United States
PurpleBlunts should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPEMACGYVER View Post
Diphenhydramine is not fun in my opinion. It's a struggle to stay awake long enough to really trip, and even if you do all you get is a few hours of drowsy delirium and maybe see a few spiders. Interesting enough to try once but not recreational.
You've obviously never taken enough. Tell me looking in the mirror while sitting in a chair, and seeing yourself also on the couch with a demons head and then falling to the floor and having to sneak around your friends house while never leaving your chair isn't interesting.
Old 10-04-2013, 18:17
Silver Member

Male from Earth
Drugfreekid is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 156, Level: 2 Points: 156, Level: 2 Points: 156, Level: 2
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

To be really honest none. I think you should just leave it as it is and use it as medicine. I once by accident tripped as i was drinking the swiss equivalent of sizzurp with a friend. The stuff has dihydrocodeie amd diphenydramine. At first i was drinking and was feeling good. Friend went to sleep whilst i the insomniac went outside to smoke a try full of kief sprinkled on some potent weed. Half way through i was walking up to random figures asking "uo man whats up" only to find that they were now on the otherside of the street. I walked there. Again they teleported. Meanwhile i kept smoking and decided that id have a psychtoic attack. It was a diphenydramine trip and it was awful. I feel that youre simply using to use something and not really thinking about what it is. Smoke a joint or something man if you feel compelled to use but please dont do diphenydramine its not recreational. Either way if you choose to use then read up on dosages and find a safe enviournment.

Sign out.
Old 10-04-2013, 20:31
Silver Member

Male from United States
PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.
Points: 1,084, Level: 5 Points: 1,084, Level: 5 Points: 1,084, Level: 5
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

^Drugfreekid, DPH can easily produce a psychotic type of trip, but adding Dihydrocodeine and Cannabis to the mix surely didn't help.

Cannabis can cause paranoia and anxiety by itself as well as delusional thinking and in extreme case hallucinations. I have heard quite a few stories of people mixing DPH and Cannabis and experiencing terrifying anxiety attacks based on very delusional thoughts, such as the belief that their heart has stopped.

Then there is the fact that Dihydrocodeine is metabolized by the same enzymes as DPH. This means that it will increase the effects of the DPH and the DPH will weaken the effects of the Dihydrocodeine since it will slow the conversion to Dihydromorphine.

Also, Dihydrocodeine and Dihydromorphine probably can have psychotomimetic effects just like Codeine and Morphine. This means that they can cause psychotic behavior on their own as well.

So by taking this combination, you were just asking for trouble, especially if you are unexperienced with deliriants. And from the looks of it (correct me if I'm wrong), you probably didn't even know the exact doses you were taking. This is a big no-no for DPH and drugs in general. No wonder you had a bad experience.

Your experience really says nothing about the effects of a responsibly planned DPH trip. DPH tends to be more enjoyable when used as responsibly as possible. This definitely doesn't mean that it will be enjoyable to all people even when used responsibly though. I just wanted to point out that you can't really judge DPH fairly unless you take it by itself and enact the necessary precautions.
Old 11-04-2013, 19:28
Silver Member

Male from United States
Sovereignty is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Depending on how high you're looking to get, I'd highly recommend having a trip sitter. Hallucinations caused by anticholinergic drugs are VERY different from those produced by serotonergic drugs or NMDA-antagonists. They look a lot more real.

The visual hallucinations are one thing but the audio hallucinations are something. I remember taking DPH once and the dose put me out, until a few hours later when I shot out of bed to the sound of thunder and rain. The storm kept me up all night until I finally passed back out around dawn. When I went outside the next day the ground was completely dry. I'd hallucinated the entire storm for at least three hours.

DPH is more like datura than any other hallucinogen, and for most people it's just a one-time thing.

Some people recommend using caffeine to stay awake for the trip, but I think this would just increase the chances of a panic attack.

Good harm reduction and good suggestion for having a trip sitter. Please have one if you decide on a trip dose!
Old 24-04-2013, 20:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleBlunts View Post
You've obviously never taken enough. Tell me looking in the mirror while sitting in a chair, and seeing yourself also on the couch with a demons head and then falling to the floor and having to sneak around your friends house while never leaving your chair isn't interesting.
I believe i said it was interesting, but not what i would call a fun time. Its a deleriant after all, and id say delerium pretty much sums up the experience.

Good point, not everyone finds certain drugs fun
Old 24-04-2013, 21:03

Quote:
I believe i said it was interesting, but not what i would call a fun time. Its a deleriant after all, and id say delerium pretty much sums up the experience.
It is what you make it. It you have negative perceptions going into it, you probably won't enjoy it. But I've never had a negative experience with it, because of that reason. It is delirium, and temporary psychosis. Which, if you have willpower and make it fun, it will be fun. Just because a drug doesn't give you euphoria, doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. It's all about how you think about it.
Old 24-04-2013, 21:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleBlunts View Post
It is what you make it. It you have negative perceptions going into it, you probably won't enjoy it. But I've never had a negative experience with it, because of that reason. It is delirium, and temporary psychosis. Which, if you have willpower and make it fun, it will be fun. Just because a drug doesn't give you euphoria, doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. It's all about how you think about it.
I understand what you mean. i enjoy dxm although its considered unpleasant by many. DPH has a much smaller fan base so to speak, and its effects are certainly an aquired taste to put it lightly. It can be a semi enjoyable experience under the right circumstances, ill give you that, but theres really nothing to be gained from a trip like that. Not to mention the side effects are pretty bad (nausea, unshakeable drowsiness, significant loss of motor skills, blurred vision) and it can cause some real wear and tear on your liver and kidneys.
Old 24-04-2013, 23:50

Quote:
I understand what you mean. i enjoy dxm although its considered unpleasant by many. DPH has a much smaller fan base so to speak, and its effects are certainly an aquired taste to put it lightly. It can be a semi enjoyable experience under the right circumstances, ill give you that, but theres really nothing to be gained from a trip like that. Not to mention the side effects are pretty bad (nausea, unshakeable drowsiness, significant loss of motor skills, blurred vision) and it can cause some real wear and tear on your liver and kidneys.
True that it's an acquired taste, but I think some of it has to do with how mentally prepared you are. And I didn't know people got nausea from DPH. I never got nausea from taking it. Only from the anticipation of taking it. But never from the actual substance. Also, would be care to share your proof that it damages your kidneys or liver? I've been looking for studies on the effects it has on organs, but can't find anything more than hearsay. And yeah, the body load is very unpleasant, and that's what drives even people that enjoy the effects away. The hangover is nothing like a DXM afterglow, which is enjoyable. It's more like a semi-tired, confused, heavy, easily aggravated hangover.

Share this on:

Tags
diphenhydramine