Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 09-08-2004, 07:49

The Kid is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
I smoke crystal meth pretty often, recently it's been almost daily. I love the effects of the meth except for the not being able to sleep part. I have always had a thing about being the only one awake in the house without anyone to talk to, and the later it gets the more anxious and depressed I feel. sometimes I just tough out the night but often I take an ambien or a valium to go to sleep. I heard that frequently switching from uppers to downers can be exceptionally hard on your heart since your heart rate fluctuates frequently. I was just wondering if this is in fact true, so if anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:19

24 y/o Male
The Half Unlit should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: Mixing meth and downers frequently

It all depends on the dose my tweeker friend... 10mg-20mg of Valium should work well for my cat only if hes smoking meth that night. He takes that dose about 4-5 hours of smoking crystal and is totally fine. Now going on binges is a different story, think about it, you have had multiple days without sleep. That is your your body's natural way of getting back to "normal", might require more downers but as long as you have them get some alcohol/benadryl (if you don't drink) and pound em down. Get at least 4 hours of sleep even if you still got more shit. Going on anything more than a 2-3 day meth binge will fuck your brain/perception up, forget about your heart bc that might be fucked already too. I just wouldnt suggest mixing the two all the time. Valium definitely helps but meth is something you must use in moderation, same with the downers.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:03
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female from Afghanistan
RQ_user is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 163, Level: 2 Points: 163, Level: 2 Points: 163, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

definetly bad on the heart. SWIM has just been to the doctor because SWIMs heart is fucked. SWIM will find out how bad it is tomorrow. SWIM frequently as in every day uses speed all day then valium and seroquel to get some sleep and on friday nights SWIM binges and stays up till early monday morning before taking downers. It can do damage, if SWIM is concerned get to a doctor asap and get things checked out.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:21

Female from United States
Clayapeach is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Half Unlit View Post
It all depends on the dose my tweeker friend... 10mg-20mg of Valium should work well for my cat only if hes smoking meth that night. He takes that dose about 4-5 hours of smoking crystal and is totally fine. Now going on binges is a different story, think about it, you have had multiple days without sleep. That is your your body's natural way of getting back to "normal", might require more downers but as long as you have them get some alcohol/benadryl (if you don't drink) and pound em down. Get at least 4 hours of sleep even if you still got more shit. Going on anything more than a 2-3 day meth binge will fuck your brain/perception up, forget about your heart bc that might be fucked already too. I just wouldnt suggest mixing the two all the time. Valium definitely helps but meth is something you must use in moderation, same with the downers.
Hi. I've read the mixing Benzos and antihistamine is deadly.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:39
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
ebkstlouis is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayapeach View Post
Hi. I've read the mixing Benzos and antihistamine is deadly.
Welcome to the forum! To answer your question; they are both central nervous system depressants so it's generally a bad idea to mix the two as they both cause respiratory depression. Large doses of the mix can (and will) lead to respiratory failure. So yes, it is indeed deadly however there are plenty of people on this forum alone that have done it and

ebkstlouis added 2 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Er.. stupid phone..anyway as I was saying... There are plenty of people on this forum alone that have done it and lived, however the experience was almost always a bad one.

Last edited by ebkstlouis; 07-04-2013 at 09:39. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-04-2013, 10:54
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
oc85 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

This is actually a big misconception. There is no inherent danger with "mixing signals" to your heart by taking meth and benzos (what do you think happens constantly as as sympathetic and parasympathetic balance each other?) That is not to say that there is no potential danger in the combo. Where people really run into problems has to do with drug half lives and perceived effect. If someone is twacked out and coming down, they may be tempted to take a MUCH larger dose of benzos than would ordinarily be used therapeutically. Problem is, as the meth is wearing off, the benzo effect is either still rising or still going strong. Is as if the body's sympathetic input suddenly turned off, so you start to see OD side effects of the benzo, which were not perceptible earlier because the meth was keeping you up.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:10
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
ebkstlouis is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

Right. Meth + benzos are alright used responsibly. Benzos + antihistamine you're better off not risking it.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:57
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Earth
3GalofCrazy/2GalBucket is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

It is AFOAF's understanding that rapid switching from uppers to downers is less of a heart concern and more of a psychiatric one. AFOAF has heard from a substance abuse counselor and a psychiatrist that yanking the brain up and then back down again will quickly lead to a state of psychosis.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:33

Male from Australia
bebo998 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Mixing meth and anti phsycotics should be avoided IMO. Seroquel made me sleep yeah but I also slept walk due to using meth then using seroquel to sleep. Benzo's are probably your best bet but using a heavy stim like meth daily as you say you are asking for a enormous amount of trouble.

I found the best "downer" for stims (cocaine) was oxycontin. Really good , no comedown but due to the price of oxy it is rarely done these days. Do not use beta blockers to slow down the heart after or during meth use , asking for trouble.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:22
Silver Member

Male from United States
Sagerox99 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

I have been doing this combo for over a year now and my heart and bloodwork is always excellent, even while tweaking. It may take longer than normal for the benzo to kick in, once I decided I needed another to sleep after a 3 day binge and couldn't be woken up for nearly 48 hours. I was told my breathing was dangerously slow. I guess it comes down to your ability to control your use, and be honest with yourself even if you aren't with anyone else; it's so easy to lie to myself I don't always realize it. It sneaks up on you, both meth and downers. Especially if you enjoy the combo. Meth may not be physically addicting, but some of these meds like benzos sure the hell are.
Old 08-04-2013, 16:04
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
oc85 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagerox99 View Post
Meth may not be physically addicting, but some of these meds like benzos sure the hell are.
Definitely a point to remember. Another is that some benzos are FAR more physically addicting than others. If someone is going to take this combo, I would definitely recommend going with diazepam (Valium) at typical therapeutic doses, which usually tops out at 10mg 3-4 times per day (doesn't mean its a good idea to take 30mg at once unless you know your tolerance level well). Anything higher than that is usually reserved for serious emergency conditions (status epilepticus, cardioversion, etc) The reason for this is that diazepam is the least physically addicting of the major benzos and is often used to ween physcially dependent people off....sort of like the methadone of benzodiazepines. Also has relatively high muscle relaxant properties for that class of drug. To top it all off, it tends to raise the seizure threshold more than other benzos, which is why it is the drug of choice when treating acute alcohol withdrawal. Only thing to really keep in mind is that the half life is LOOOOOOONG (20-80 hours), so even if the obvious therapeutic effects only last for a few hours, after taking high doses (strongly recommend against) the more subtle after-effects are going to be with you for possibly days.

Share this on:

» New Threads
Inspire
Last post by bignose1
0 Replies, 1 Views
My phenibut trials. Non-responder?
Last post by batman12
12 Replies, 382 Views
Codeine Vs Tramadol
Last post by Trying Again
3 Replies, 64 Views
ive finally jumped from 20 year...