Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 23-03-2013, 02:45
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
mikebeatz109 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
Help with being lethargic...tapering kratom

Swim has been using kratom for 2 years. He has only not taken kratom when he had surgery on his appendix, every day he has taken it and become strongly addicted. Idk exactly how much he uses a day but for the last 2-3 months he has gone down from 2 big spoonfuls 2x a day to just once a day for the most part. When he decided to cut down to just once a day because he did not feel the effects anymore and knew he had to do something. he took melitonin at night (6g) and it had been working well with feeling almost refreshed when he woke. This week however he has felt very lethargic and not sleeping as many hrs. This causes swim to be very anxious/bored out of his mind no matter what he does all throughout the day until in the evening when swim takes kratom. This also makes swim want to take the kratom earlier during the day which swim knows is not a good idea. So last night swim took 9g of melitonin and felt worse today. Swim excesses every day because its the only thing really productive he can do when not using.
Swim read last night that someone who had taken kratom for 2 years did away with it in a few short days by just taking a little bit whenever the withdrawals started to kick in. Swim is trying this tonight. Swim has only taken a 1/2 spoonful and is feeling ok right now. Swim is very concerned that he will not be rested in the morning and the hell that was today will be there tomorrow.

Swim is wondering what if any supplements ( 5htp but it was out of stock) he can take to have a better night sleep to feel somewhat rested in the morning. If swim is rested he will be able to go longer during the day w/o kratom and will also use less. Swim already drinks coffee and a pre workout but both do little. Thanks in advance.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Do Not Use "SWIM" On This Website - We Are Trying To Get Rid Of Its Use
Old 23-03-2013, 05:19
Silver Member

Male from United States
PhiPack is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Help with being lethargic...tapering kratom

You can try Valerian Root which is suppose to supply a restful sleep. You may also try to take a sleeping pill. I know it isnt natural but it is not nearly as bad as not getting a good nights rest. I have had the same issues withdrawing from hydrocodone. Fortunately, I have a prescription for Xanaflex to help me sleep although there were times I still had a restless night.

You can also try Kava Kava which is suppose to help with sleep.

You may cut out the coffee, dont drink any alcohol, and also make sure you drink plenty of water. Make sure you pound down a full glass of water right before bed. It will keep your organs hydrated throughout the night. I've read that that is one of the easiest things people can do to help with sleep that most people dont. Your body always needs water and if you get dehydrated during the night, you wont sleep as well.
Old 23-03-2013, 06:57
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from USA - Arkansas
PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.
Points: 4,492, Level: 9 Points: 4,492, Level: 9 Points: 4,492, Level: 9
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

There are a ton of herbs that can help you overcome withdrawals and to help you with sleep, energy, depression and more.

I am going to post a link to one of my threads that could help you out. At the end of the first post in the thread will be links to two other threads. Have a look at them.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...03#post1268903
Old 23-03-2013, 08:02
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPack View Post
You can try Valerian Root which is suppose to supply a restful sleep. You may also try to take a sleeping pill. I know it isnt natural but it is not nearly as bad as not getting a good nights rest. I have had the same issues withdrawing from hydrocodone. Fortunately, I have a prescription for Xanaflex to help me sleep although there were times I still had a restless night.

You can also try Kava Kava which is suppose to help with sleep.

You may cut out the coffee, dont drink any alcohol, and also make sure you drink plenty of water. Make sure you pound down a full glass of water right before bed. It will keep your organs hydrated throughout the night. I've read that that is one of the easiest things people can do to help with sleep that most people dont. Your body always needs water and if you get dehydrated during the night, you wont sleep as well.
Thanks. Swim will try the valerian root. Long ago He had trouble sleeping before He did kratom and all the sleeping pills he's ever taken otc and a sample from the doc made him groggy and not rested at all. Hes stating to drink more water these past couple weeks. And will drink a big glass tonight.
Why no alcohol, coffee? Dehydration? Swim doesn't drink much at all anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillMan View Post
There are a ton of herbs that can help you overcome withdrawals and to help you with sleep, energy, depression and more.

I am going to post a link to one of my threads that could help you out. At the end of the first post in the thread will be links to two other threads. Have a look at them.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...03#post1268903
Thank you for the link. I think Fenugreek was in a sample pre workout supp Hes used but Hes out and waiting for it to come in as that particular supp Hes noticed really helped with my mood during workouts.
Also Bilberry seems like something He should try because of the constent constipation.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 23-03-2013, 19:54
Silver Member

Male from United States

Both coffee and alcohol contribute to problems sleeping. Both contribute to dehydration, coffee has caffeine which can remain active in he body for hours, and alcohol causes all kinds of disruptions in the body that can lead to sleep problems. I would stay away from both until you stop withdrawing. I would also workout has much as possible to wear yourself out so your body seeks a restful sleep.
Old 24-03-2013, 06:22
Silver Member

I will try to reduce coffee but that in itself would be hard for me on its own. I do drink it in the morning and never had issues with it. I got a vitamin shoppe sleeping pill with skullcap and valerian root and hope it helps a bit. Today I got my pre workout supp that made me go hard at the gym. I've been working out regularly for the past 4-5 years and am probably overtraining but it helps me not think about kratom even though I don't feel better after workouts like I used to.. I know its necessary for me. Last night and tonight I had nearly half of my usual kratom and am hoping that if I do that for the next day or two my body will get adjusted to that amount and I can 1/3 or 1/2 that again for 4-5 days.
Old 24-03-2013, 19:44
Silver Member

Male from United States

You can also try Schiandra Fruit supplement which is suppose to help sleep. It is also a CYP3A4 mechanism based inhibitor which does not only inhibit but actually can deactive the enzyme which can help Kratom give be more potent and last longer at lower doses.
Old 25-03-2013, 03:40
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPack View Post
You can also try Schiandra Fruit supplement which is suppose to help sleep. It is also a CYP3A4 mechanism based inhibitor which does not only inhibit but actually can deactive the enzyme which can help Kratom give be more potent and last longer at lower doses.
Thanks! I will look into it. Last night I was reading some of the sups that extended the kratom a effects and thought it would be a good idea to use one of them so I could use less. The sleeping pill w skullcap and Velarien did not work too great. It took me an extra hr or 2 to get to sleep last night and in the morning was ok but kinda tired. The night before I had a sleeping drink that had melitonin, 5htp and GABA and worked pretty well. I got another one for tonight but have read that GABA can be addictive in itself?
Old 29-03-2013, 06:04
Silver Member

Just an update. The sleeping pill without GABA and 5htp was making me just as tired as just melitonin so I got some GABA and 5htp today and will use tonight. My tapering has gone well for the past 3 days. Tonight will be my third night on just 1/4 of what I was using 5 days ago and 1/7 of a little over a week ago. I dose 2x at night, once when I get home around 7 when my back and neck are killing me and my body feels like its about to shut down and once around 11pm for a total of about 4g. Today I tired st Jon's wart and it did not go too well. I will not use again as it made me tired but not less anxious or in a better mood.

Has anyone had success with the supplement sam-e? Tried googling but came up with "same" it's a suggested supp from the detox from opiads section here, did not know if it would be beneficial for kratom w/d
Old 30-03-2013, 08:34
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Melatonin works better in lower doses in my experience. I found .5 grams actually works better than 1g, 1g made me irritated and groggy the next day so I could only imagine what 9g does.

Have you tried theanine? It amplifies GABA which will help you fall asleep faster where as GABA directly consumed cannot cross the blood brain barrier in significant quantities. Picamilon can also increase GABA in the brain which is hydrolyzed GABA and B3 mixed allowing it to pass the blood brain barrier.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:45
Silver Member

I have not tried that yet. I've stopped taking all sleep meds last 2 nights and while tired first in the morning my overal day is better I'm overal relaxed during the day more about the same as when I was when I was first taking 6mg of melitonin. 3 days ago I took 6mg again and felt extremely tired like the night I tired 9mg. I'm thinking/hoping my body got adjusted to the lower dose of kratom and right now it seems my body does not need melitonin. Have not tried stright GABA as worried about nightmares associated with taking GABA the sleeping drink with GABA did not get back to me on how much GABA is in their drink.
Old 02-04-2013, 16:14
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Canada
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.

Congratulations on lowering your dose. How much are you at now? I find that smaller doses actually feel better than larger.

Try phenibut as a supplement. I find it's one of the few legal supps (even though it's more of a drug) that works amazingly well. GABA did nothing for me, and while l theanine did produce a nice calming effect, it was mild next to phenibut.

Remember though, pheni can be addictive, so use sparingly.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:35
Silver Member

Thanks Yeah I've read some on phenibut but heard it can be very addictive. Ill prob give that a shot when I'm at 1/2 of where I'm at now. When I took the sleeping drink aid I found it to be calming. It just had GABA melitonin and 5htp.
Right now for the past three days I've been taking a very small spoonful, prob around a tablespoon once around 6-7pm and a bigger spoonful prob 2.5 as much as the first dose around 10-11pm. I'm noticing that its been harder to go the 4 hrs after I take the first dose but will keep pushing through. For 3 days I was just taking the small spoonful 2x a day but was having trouble with that. All in all 1/2 of where I was at 2 weeks ago and 1/4 of where I was 2 months ago. Tomorrow I'm planing on taking the small spoonful instead of the higher dose and see where I'm at late at night before I go to bed. I tried starfruit and grapefruit to see if it helped prolong the effecs and saw it enhanced the effect at first but the kratom effect did not last as long. I'm thinking of seeing if weed will help at night l since I have my card it might help the time pass but idk, it can make me very paranoid, but whatever will help me get of kratom I will do.
All I try and think about is when I wasn't on kratom and had the energy to go all day and was happy for the most part. How happy I was after a gym sash or after skating. I'm Stressed and bumbed that it can't be fixed right away but i know ill need patience i know with a clear goal in mind I can and I will get through this.

Share this on:

Tags
insomnia, kratom, kratom and sleep, kratom taper, kratom withdrawals