Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 14-03-2013, 04:58
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Canada
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.
How does your significant other feel about kratom?

I'm coming off a break up, heart broken and back into daily kratom consumption. And kratom had a big deal in my break up.

I told my girlfriend last November that I had somewhat of a problem with this legal herb kratom. At first she was okay with it, but as time went on, she heavily pushed me into stopping. It was affecting my mood (I was always tired on kratom) and my sexual performance (it's very difficult for me to maintain strong erections on kratom). I always argued with her, saying "Hey, I don't smoke weed, I don't drink alcohol, I don't do any crazy hard drug, let me consume a harmless dried leaf!". She hated it, and wanted me to quit. Her methods were not to my liking (I think people should give love to addicts, not pressure). However, she did try it once on New Years, and actually enjoyed it (though the nausea did hit her).

I eventually did quit for a good 2 months. She never seemed proud though. However, late Feb, she broke up with me (with kratom, being the cause of many of her complaints). Heartbroken, I started using daily again to cope. 2 weeks later, after me and her were talking again, she came over, and we got into bed. However, under the kratom influence, I could not perform. And I confessed to her I've been taking kratom again.

She broke out crying, telling me I've been lying to her (which I did those 2 weeks). Since then, she found some guy at a club, and has been talking to him daily, with very minor interactions with me. I mainly just meet up with my friend everyday, go buy kratom, and play videogames, in utter depression (which I have).

I'm miserable now, heart broken, and feel like crying nonstop because I allowed kratom to get better of me. Kratom is a wonderful plant which should be legal and available to everyone. But I just let it get the better of me. And it may have cost me a girlfriend.

Now that my sob story is out of the way, I'd love to know how your partners feel about kratom? Do they support it? Do they want you to stop? Do they join you? Do they treat it like a cup of coffee? I'd love to hear, and maybe some people have better stories than mine. That would lift my crippled spirits.

Post Quality Evaluations:
interesting topic
Thanks for sharing this honest story!
great topic based on personal experience - I'm sure you will get many great responses
Thanks for sharing a personal story. Someone always benefits from this.
Old 14-03-2013, 05:37
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada
Li2CO3 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%
Re: How does your significant other feel about kratom?

hey MachoManSavage,

i'm sorry about your breakup. they are (usually) always hard, no matter the reason, but the fact that it's over kratom -- a plant you and I both know is probably one of the better choices as a 'casual drug' in terms of health and safety -- really sucks.......
she obviously meant a lot to you but judging by what you said, she does not seem to be that accepting of a person. perhaps her complaints relating to your use are legitimate (being tired, the sex etc.) . but if you did quit for two months, and she never seemed proud, and then proceeded to break up with you, that is not right at all...

how much kratom do you use daily? if it's a lot - i don't know if you've noticed this, but a lot of the time less is more with kratom. i usually take anywhere from 5-8 grams, but have noticed that even doses as small as 2-3 grams are noticeable and very effective for making you feel good (if you are depressed/in a bad mood).

i've been lucky in terms of my significant other. we both love kratom, but have both been able to keep our use infrequent enough to not let it become a problem...well, to be fair, I'm the one orders the kratom; I give her around an oz at a time to work with and so consequently she ends up using it less often than I do (lately it has been: I use daily for a bit, then take a day or two off, then return to using daily)

before I discovered kratom around two years ago, we used to drink alcohol (moderately to heavily) together as our 'casual drug'. kratom has changed things quite a bit -- we usually use kratom together and maybe have one drink - usually after having sex --i do relate to sometimes not being able to hold an erection. it seems like your timing of dosage was just wrong, man...kratom after sex is the best .

maybe reduce your kratom dosage and if you don't already, try exercising, going for long walks etc..i have found that using kratom sparingly after a good workout feels much more deserved, and much better overall.

don't worry, there are literally billions of other girls out there.

if your girlfriend wasn't willing to help you out with your problem, maybe she wasn't right for you (hate to say it!). i know how hard it is, though...

i wish you the very best!

Smart point about timing being key with the use of Kratom.

Last edited by Li2CO3; 15-03-2013 at 08:41. Reason: One Little Thing
Old 14-03-2013, 06:32
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.
Points: 1,373, Level: 5 Points: 1,373, Level: 5 Points: 1,373, Level: 5
Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3%

You shouldn't beat yourself up so much, you weren't really lying to her since she broke up with you before you started taking Kratom again. Her behavior shows that she doesn't understand addiction and probably isn't the one for you.

Was Kratom inhibiting other parts of your life besides your libido? If you were still getting work done, enjoying your hobbies, and being there for friends and family then there's really not a problem. Don't take your ex-girlfriend's rejection as evidence that your life has fallen apart, people do mean things to others when breaking up. People break up all the time.

Most importantly, don't use Kratom to fill the hole in your life, it simply won't work. You gotta find new hobbies, exercise, and perhaps a new girl. Kratom is a nice lift but it can only do so much.
Old 15-03-2013, 02:25

26 y/o Male from United States
-n2o- is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Yeah, it sounds like she obviously doesnt understand addiction. Did she use drugs of any kind herself?

My girlfriend and i broke up a few months ago. I was using Kratom while i was with her. One time she saw me mixing some dried powder with some oj. She asked me "What is that stuff?" I said "Its a natural herb like tea, it gives you energy and its good for you." She didn't seem to think twice about what i said. She has never used anything but weed, and only used that a couple of times.

She knows i have a history of opiate abuse. A few months later when our relationship turned to shit, she saw me drinking it again. And she asked "WHAT IS THAT SHIT ANYWAY" I said "Kratom!" She then got on her computer and googled it. "An opiate substitute!?!" she yelled at me. I tried to explain how it works, but she just wouldnt get it. She just think "DRUGS ARE BAAAAAD" and thats all she knows because she is uneducated.

In my opinion, kratom is a great daily use drug, like coffee or tea. I dont think "Kratom is getting the best of you" man. I think she is. Don't let her make you feel like a looser because you use Kratom.

-n2o- added 32 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

I blamed myself and beat myself up a lot when i first broke up with my girl. Then i remembered that im a great person and nobody is perfect. And that if she doesn't love me for who i am, i need to forget about her.
And i did. Use Kratom and be proud of it! And if it starts too fuck with your life too much, then cut down, or maybe even quit. But never feel bad or guilty about it.

Hope you feel better man.

A great honest post. :)
great post. It's all too easy to blame yourself, when in fact, it was the other person who had the problem.

Last edited by -n2o-; 15-03-2013 at 02:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-03-2013, 00:03

Male from Canada
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.

I didn't want to make this about myself, but I can't thank you guys enough. I tear up at the genuine advice and knowledge you guys bring.

To answer some questions:

I use very little normally, around 3-4 grams daily. Though a couple of times when I ordered bulk from the internet, I'd use 10-15.

I don't try to use kratom to fill the void, but it just happened and I fell into the cycle. Last month around this time I would scoff at the idea of kratom, now it seems like it's the only thing that can help me. Everyday I take it, regret it, and tell myself at night that tomorrow I won't buy. But it's been happening everyday for the past 2 weeks like this. I hurt so badly emotionally, I regret so much with my girlfriend, and I long after her, meanwhile beating myself up with using kratom.

Does she do drugs? Only caffeine and alcohol, which she considers the normal drugs (she doesn't even refer to them as drugs). Anything outside of that, she knows nothing about, and judges very critically. Hence, I believe she never understood that kratom wasn't very dangerous. I tried having discussions with her to illustrate that her drug of choice (alcohol) is in many, many ways more damaging than my drug of choice.

As for kratom being a great daily drug, I have to disagree with you strongly brother. In my experience, I have very little experience with strong, illegal drugs. I may know very much, but I haven't experienced that much (cocaine and marijuana are the only illegal drugs I've ever ingested). So for someone who may have had a heroin habit, I can see kratom being a good daily drug, to maintain themselves away from much more damaging drugs. However, kratom does have an addiction potential. I remember telling myself in the beginning that it's "my mind thinking it's addicted". But I realized it's addictive, because I never longed for kanna or kava the next day I've used them like I do with kratom. Second, it wasn't a good daily drug for me because I'd get tired and blank minded. I'd ease into the euphoria, and stop relying on having fun, and being productive and social. I'm very animated and crazy sober, I love parties and socializing. But on kratom, I'd be tired and boring, much to the dismay of my girl (well, ex). Also, the sexual dysfunction hurt me, and it took like 4-5 days for my penis to start working well after a long kratom binge.

Anyways, I'd like to get more stories on you guys and your partners with this crazy drug we all love, kratom.

(I just had to point out what incredible guilt I have talking bad about kratom. Even though it's affected me negatively, I always for some reason feel like I have to defend the plant. I don't get it)
Old 16-03-2013, 02:51
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
hungrybearzilla is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

Just out of curiosity did she ever ask why you take Kratom or try and find out the reason to maybe help you?
Old 16-03-2013, 15:08
Titanium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
rawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medline
Points: 3,205, Level: 8 Points: 3,205, Level: 8 Points: 3,205, Level: 8
Activity: 8.2% Activity: 8.2% Activity: 8.2%

I use lower doses of kratom - usually 3g of green malay. I am more interested in the stimulant/euphoric effects than the deep euphoric nod out thing. My job is pretty physical and at the end of the day I'm usually pretty beat, but sometimes my social life calls and if I take a dose of kratom it pretty much eliminates the fatigue and puts me in a good mood to socialize. Also deals with the aches and soreness pretty well.

Anyway, my wife often doesn't even notice that I've taken anything. Sometimes she'll remark that I seem in a better mood than usual. I'll become very talkative and crack a lot of jokes. I love kratom for social settings like this - normally I'd be sitting quitely, stretching my sore muscles and trying not to fall asleep.

So when I've asked my wife about how kratom seems to effect me, she says it doesn't seem to do anything unusual. If I am well-rested and feeling good I act pretty much exactly the same as I do when I'm on kratom. The only times I have experienced sexual disfunction with kratom are times when I've combined it with large amounts of alcohol. It definitely dulls the sex organs...kratom on its own delays orgasm for me, but even with large amounts of booze I'm still able to get it up, although I may not finish ( I think my wife prefers this to her not finishing!). The only times I have experienced erectile disfunction have been with vast amounts of booze - the kratom may be a factor but a bottle of whisky will make me flacid, kratom or no!

So my wife has no problem with it. Sometimes when I hang out with serious stoners she gets annoyed that I'm too stoned, I can't form sentences and eat garbage food I would never otherwise touch. But I usually smoke pretty small amounts of cannabis. Same with booze, I'm usually pretty good at keeping things under control when I'm drinking, and she drinks too so other than the occasional argument that's no problem. The only drug my wife doesn't like being around me when I'm on is LSD, or mushrooms (she thought I was hilarious on mescaline, apparently I was nodding and smiling and saying "yeah" the whole time, and was able to speak coherently) because I ramble about shit that makes no sense and cling to her like a child...she doesn't like psychedelics. She doesn't mind me doing them, and frankly I prefer to be alone on psychedelics.

I am very sorry to hear how this has negatively effected OPs relationship. I really think people need to avoid daily kratom use, every case of negative effects I read on this site involves daily use. While I have used kratom up to three days in a row I try to leave at least 3 days between doses. I've felt tolernace bulding and experienced bad insomnia after my heavier bouts (although I always have insomnia so it's hard to say how much the kratom added to it.) It's easy to tell yourself it's safe - it's a plant, right? But kratom is a powerful drug. At least leave a day between doses unless you have some pain issues or something that really requires you to use it daily.
Old 17-03-2013, 18:02
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
Cousin Merle is captain of the psychonauts.Cousin Merle is captain of the psychonauts.Cousin Merle is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 249, Level: 2 Points: 249, Level: 2 Points: 249, Level: 2
Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0%

Sorry to hear your story. I hope things turn around for you soon!

3 - 4 grams a day is a very low amount, not an amount I would associate with ED. I have experienced ED while on kratom but usually only with larger doses than that. It does tone down my desire for sex regardless of dose, however...

I actually got into kratom through my wife. She knew that I was into different herbs and medicinal plants and remedies. She has a medical condition that has not responded to traditional pharmaceutical treatment, so she asked me to do some research for her. I stumbled across kratom and bought some for her. She took to it like a duck to water, so I had to try some. She only takes it occasionally to relieve her symptoms & pain - maybe 3 or 4 times a month. I take it quite a bit more often than that, to help with anxiety and insomnia, as well as for recreational purposes. She has no problem with me taking it, although I do take it more often than she probably realizes. She is very open to herbal remedies/supplements and more sceptical of traditional medicine due to her past experiences.

I personally wouldn't feel bad about using 3-4 grams of kratom a day. What strain are you using? If only 3 grams is making you lethargic, it sounds like either you are very sensitive to kratom or you are using some very, very sedating variety. I like to mix it up, using energetic strains sometimes and sedating strains at other times. Kratom can make me lazy and lethargic, but only when taking say 8 grams a day or so of sedating varieties. If you use daily, just try to take a few days off on a regular basis. I generally have been taking it 4 - 5 days a week, with 2-3 days off each week. No tolerance or withdrawl issues with this schedule...
Old 17-03-2013, 23:07

Male from Canada

I am extremely sensitive to kratom. Almost three years of usage, and 3 grams get me in an incredible place. Anything past 6 and I want to faint. And even though my main strain is Thai, a stimulating strain, I still feel very sedated.

As for the ED, it happens because I have absolutely no sex drive, and my genitals feel like rubber. At first, I managed to keep it going, but over time, the lack of excitement and feeling have stopped me from performing well on the plant.

Thankfully, after a week clean, my sex drive explodes and I feel 16 again, which is cool.
Old 17-03-2013, 23:22
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
Cousin Merle is captain of the psychonauts.Cousin Merle is captain of the psychonauts.Cousin Merle is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 249, Level: 2 Points: 249, Level: 2 Points: 249, Level: 2
Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0%

Have you tried other strains? I have noticed a wide variety in the effects of kratom based on the strain type and if you combine strains. For example, Maeng Da or a green/white vein combo makes me very talktative and social, whereas a bali or indo makes me quiet, sedated and I prefer to be alone. It sounds like you are very sensitive to it, and maybe react to it different than most other people. It doesn't hurt to experiement some...
Old 17-03-2013, 23:38

Male from Canada

I've had bali, indo, maeng da, thai, maly, and some extracts (which were garbage and didn't produce effects). However, all normal leaves always gave me the same, sedating, euphoric feeling. I was never able to achieve a caffeine-like high with kratom.
Old 26-03-2013, 06:35
Banned

24 y/o Male from United States
Kooderna is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

I am sorry but kratom is NOT the reason she left or broke up, if i had to bet , i would say another man is involved, not necessarily cheating, and kratom is the perfect scapegoat to get out of the relationship to pursue the other man she's interested in. (You'll know this is 100% true if a friend tells you she was with someone and its only been a few weeks since break up. Something else is going on, I'm just going to leave it at that statement, for my duty as a dating coach of 2 years to let the thought entertain. The entire thing is psychological, and if you are interested PM me some more on the story, and I can tell you for sure. For now, think....

She did kratom herself and enjoyed it. Yet she wasnt open enough to see how you've been struggling with something that is legal that her herself enjoyed? Why would you want someone like that anyways? And that isn't even my point, my point on this, is that it's ridiculous and is obviously NOT the case of why she broke up with you.

So wait.. you actually DID quit kratom which was her issue in the relationship correct? So you DID FIX the issue that was bothering her, and you maintained it, and THEN she broke up with you? think man..please..

Most men don't want to hear the truth, but just think for a bit. I really am a dating coach, I really do help lots of men with women and I can tell you with 100% absolute certainty there is another guy in her life, and that kratom had nothing to do with it, YET the kratom remains as a perfect scapegoat for her to use. women need that "plausible deniability" so they feel like it was one sided and they did nothing wrong. It's not a problem, it goes deep to evolutionary female traits and her filtering system. This would hold especially true if you were fighting with her, and YOU brought up something like "is this about me and the kratom thing?" and then her going off saying YES YES etc...etc.. If THAT happened it is also 100% true that kratom was NOT the issue.

PM if you would like some more advice, don't call her, don't chase her she'll go further away.
Old 17-04-2013, 19:48

32 y/o Female from USA - Oregon
MyPetUnicornPeg is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

My pet unicorn's husband is very glad that his mother-in-law mentioned kratom to his wife for unicorn-fibromyalgia. My pet unicorn has went from 300 mg a day to 50 mg a day of tramadol. My unicorn would like to drop that last 50 mg tablet but she gets really bad eye "ticks" if it has been too long since last dose..

Said husband is looking for cuttings on the internet so that kratom can be home grown. Only issue said husband has with kratom is that it is more expensive than tramadol, but health over money...
Old 17-04-2013, 19:55
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,649, Level: 20 Points: 19,649, Level: 20 Points: 19,649, Level: 20
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%

Hi MyPetUnicornPeg, Kratom can be expensive, depending on where you buy it.
If you are currently buying from head shops or online 'legal high' sites then you could save a lot of money by changing to a kratom vendor that sells only kratom.
Have a read of the 'Guide to buying Kratom' http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=200101

Also, avoid extracts and enhanced kratom products and stick to plain leaf.

P.S. you can discuss drug use openly here if you want.

Last edited by ianzombie; 17-04-2013 at 21:53.
Old 17-04-2013, 21:49
Mercury Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Lokiisagod needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

First of all man I'm sorry about your girlfriend. Shit sucks but it happens. My wife is the same way. She thinks its just another legal high but its so much more than that. She doesnt understand but she doesn't really give me shit about it. It's not like I'm doing H or something. Another thing: Wth is with all this talk about ED? On kratom I can fuck twice as long as normal and cum buckets!
Old 17-04-2013, 23:52

32 y/o Female from USA - Oregon
MyPetUnicornPeg is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Sorry if I am heavily relying on the "pet names" but I don't want to end up banned. ianzombie, I have sent a direct message to you since you seem to be a more reputable member with a few questions. I'm kind of naive (if you couldn't tell) when it comes to the use of things of this nature.

Hubby and I buy Peg's Kratom from online Kratom only shops. I have went into an "ethno" herb shop once, and that made me feel a little "naughty".

If it weren't for family members toiling with illegal (but legal in medicinal use with a card) plants I would so be getting a card for Peg, but parental units are at their last straw with illegal plants.
Old 18-04-2013, 14:00
Silver Member

Male from United States
lithilium is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Trying to explain it to someone who doesn't understand addiction, is almost pointless. They just don't get it. Ya know? They'll never know how much of an accomplishment it is to quit. The horror of withdrawal. They'll never know how much better it makes you feel. Pointless.

I quit a 6 month, 6 times a day weed usage for a girl, and I know she didn't really get it. I was having panic attacks that would make me unable to sleep or even look at people, and she got mad that I needed to distract myself during that time.

I had a 'break up' experience about 6 months ago and it still hurts, although I am admittedly forgetting that dumb bitch. I'm sure you have some experience with withdrawal. It's the same shit with a breakup. A big void is open, where something once was. It sucks ass, but you get through it. You just gotta remember that, you'll get through it.

Now, onto your kratom usage. Timing is key! Take it in the morning or something, so by night time your dick works again. Then redose after, if you gotta. Personally, I never had a problem getting an erection on kratom. My problem stems from the fact I couldn't cum if I was screwing my most desired sexual fantasy. Well maybe. But yeah. Timing. Just think about what it'll be like to find a woman who actually supports what you do, and even partakes in it with you. Wouldn't it be so much better than a whiny, boring NO DRUGS FOR YOU, bitch?

Last edited by lithilium; 18-04-2013 at 14:08.
Old 18-04-2013, 14:40
Titanium Member

Female from Earth
thespeedofdark is a decent psychonaut.thespeedofdark is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 208, Level: 2 Points: 208, Level: 2 Points: 208, Level: 2
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

Hmmm... my husband thinks kratom is fine. I explained I got some, that it was a plant native to southeast Asia/Malaysia, and that it was used for a number of things, including providing energy, relieving pain, etc, and that as a chronic pain patient, I wanted to use it to relieve pain and reduce my intake of stuff like hydrocodone (and sometimes use it when I run out of hydrocodone). I also explained to him that frequent usage could lead to addiction. And finally, I explained that it was currently legal in the US except for in the state of Indiana (which we are not in). His response was, "Cool. Can I try it?"

I think he loves it more than I do for a "high" because he was completely opiate naive when he started, whereas, as a pain patient, I've taken craploads of various opiates. However, I still find a great deal of pain relief from kratom even though I am not opiate naive (in fact, I find it better than tramadol for pain), so we both do enjoy it.

We are not really frequent users though, maybe a few times a week and never more than 5 grams each.

Of course, he is absolutely not anti-drug - he just never had the opportunity to try opiates except for the few times I've given him a pill when his shoulder injury has acted up. Both of us have had extensive experience with a number of drugs (him - weed, LSD, mushrooms, MDMA, jimson weed, etc and me - weed, mushrooms, cocaine, crack, benzodiazepines, opioids/opiates including morphine, oxycodone, hydromorphone, fentanyl, methadone, hydrocodone, tramadol). Essentially, between the two of us, heroin and opium (and research chemicals) are the only things we have not tried and neither of us intends to go there. So, because of that, we're both pretty experimental people and we both support experimentation in a responsible way... I am sure that if one of us got out of control with a substance, the other would say something and would support that person's recovery. We've been through our problems, as all married couples have, but we've stayed married for 10 years and both of us has faith that the other will stick around through thick and thin.

SO... my point is, I am sorry about your girlfriend, but perhaps her leaving has a silver lining... it may open up your life to the point that you find someone else, someone who will accept your usage, and support you through the fires of hell if you find you are out of control and need to stop. There are people like that out there and there is one for you... I'm sure.

just the kind of support someone in this situation needs
Old 25-09-2013, 00:49
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Jabbawaya is captain of the psychonauts.Jabbawaya is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 185, Level: 2 Points: 185, Level: 2 Points: 185, Level: 2
Activity: 9.6% Activity: 9.6% Activity: 9.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoManSavage View Post
Second, it wasn't a good daily drug for me because I'd get tired and blank minded. I'd ease into the euphoria, and stop relying on having fun, and being productive and social. I'm very animated and crazy sober, I love parties and socializing. But on kratom, I'd be tired and boring, much to the dismay of my girl (well, ex). Also, the sexual dysfunction hurt me, and it took like 4-5 days for my penis to start working well after a long kratom binge.
That is exactly how kratom affects me, like I could have written that myself. I totally know what you mean, and what you described is why I can't use it daily anymore. I just get too blank, too slow, toocontent with the artificial euphoria to really push myself with anything. With daily kratom use I can't feel pleasure without it.

It's hard to stay away from it because it feels so good. But that contentedness is artificial -- it's coming from a drug, not from a rewarding experience -- the kratom just makes everything feel rewarding, and then when you're off of it, nothing is!

Having been on and off daily kratom a few times, I can definitely say that it's something worth doing only occasionally. Lots of people who know, like ianzombie, say this all the time. Yet for some reason, all of us think we know better than people who have been through it... so we have to learn the hard way.

Moderation is key; good you already understand that!
Old 26-09-2013, 07:12

Male from United States
imafallguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I was addicted to Kratom as a daily user for a few months and didn't know it until I tried to quit cold turkey. I've never been chemically dependent on anything before so I wasn't prepared for what happened and my experience was rather hellish, but again, I have nothing to compare it to. I've heard far worse stories for other substances.

The point is, my girlfriend knew I was on Kratom and totally cool with it. She values the benefits of natural "medications" and has a positive attitude towards it. HOWEVER, I had to explain to her what was going on when I tried to quit cold turkey and experience numerous, obvious symptoms. I expected her to freak out, but instead she was sympathetic and just felt bad for me. She went out of her way to make me comfortable. She is an absolute angel.

I should add that I'm a recovering alcoholic (almost 10 months sober) so while chemical dependence is new to me, addiction is not. My previous fiance broke up with me over my drinking addiction, and rightfully so. She certainly would have had an issue with my Kratom use. Incredibly, my current girlfriend has no addictive predisposition AT ALL and will never "get it" but it able to intellectualize it and be supportive. I hit the jackpot with her.

Side note, she tried 4 grams of Malay once (my dosage recommendation) and spent 6 hours dizzy and puking ever 30 minutes. I still feel irresponsible and guilty about that. She tried it again, only I gave her 1.5 grams this time and she reported zero effects. She would like to find the sweet spot and experience the beneficial side of the plant. I just re-upped my Bali supply and we'll start with 2.5 grams of that on an empty stomach to play it safe and see if it's active for her.
Old 26-09-2013, 08:21
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
Dankfish is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 296, Level: 2 Points: 296, Level: 2 Points: 296, Level: 2
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%

I had a girlfriend recently and we spent a lot of time with each other for the few months we were together. I was a massive alcoholic back then and also heavily addicted to kratom. She seemed cool with the alcohol but the kratom was like some mystery addicting drug to her. She broke up with me out of the blue one day and said that the drug use played a part in it. Not really that big of a deal since most of our time together was spent having sex rather than actually connecting with each other.

My friends take it for what it is, don't like it, but don't really care.

I've explained deeply what it does for me in regards to my parents and they know the research I've gone through and are okay with it.
Old 27-09-2013, 18:34
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
Goinsdisease is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 99, Level: 1 Points: 99, Level: 1 Points: 99, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

My girlfriend (whom I love VERY much) knows that I use kratom but I don't think she knows how often. I try to keep it somewhat under wraps. She has her own herbal medicine that is a bit harder to hide and once in a while we'll dose some kratom together. I don't like to give it to her often, not because I'm stingy but because I don't want her to get a habit like me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Old 27-09-2013, 19:49

Male from USA - Utah
joem597 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

I am one of the lucky ones here, my wife LOVES kratom and we always have some around, she used to be on a script for adderall but due to my vacuum nose she stopped filling it, she complained of chest pains on it and I abused HER script which is fucked up. Luckily she says kratom does the same thing for her ADHD so we always take it, only plain leaf though as to avoid addiction and a bitch of a withdrawal. we take it 4-5 days outta the week and stop 2-3 days outta the week and this keeps w/drawals at bay. She left me over spice and that was painful but luckily i got her back, i know how you are feeling though. its a painful, painful regret to lose a woman to a drug. I feel for you and i am sorry your going through that. you will find someone who is more patient eventually just hold hope =)

Sharing personal stories adds to the thread. Best of luck!
Old 27-09-2013, 20:28
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from USA - Minnesota
honeybadger is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

My husband is 100% okay with it and makes sure I always have some on hand. He uses it at times, he likes bali strains, particularly green bali — he doesn't like high alkaloid strains.

I also like bali strains, but I typically use red bali with a bali related kratom that I'm not sure what my friend (he's my supplier and has what in my experience, the best kratom and I've tried many vendors, I just tried one last order and was disappointed horribly) does or whatever, I just know it's incredibly strong (my husband can't handle it) called "The Golden Gateway" and I keep meaning to ask him how he gets it so potent and other questions, I just forget. I think it's essentially a UEI. He doesn't use it often, once and awhile. As far as my use, I have chronic pain, severe anxiety, Bipolar disorder and he views it almost on the same level as my prescription medications because it treats my pain incredibly well. He has no problem with my use of it, even when I take more than usual to get a nod sometimes.

My husband actually encourages me to buy it in kilograms so I have a good supply which I do since my supplier gives me a friends & family discount which is doubling your order. I order 1kg and get 2kg.

I'm really sorry about what happened I hope things look up for you soon. (Just noticed this is from March so hopefully they are now.)
Old 16-10-2013, 14:32

29 y/o Female from United States
destiny2nv is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%

I just tell my husband that it is vitamins and herbs in my juice. He doesn't pry or care. He doesn't even think twice.... we both give each other lots of space. I don't think he would have a problem if I ever had to explain it to him. I don't spend a lot of money on it and only order once a month or so. Guess I am lucky.

Share this on:

Tags
kratom