Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 03-03-2013, 21:23

21 y/o Male from United States
TheVenomInside is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%
kratom re-dosing?

I am trying kratom for the first time tonight, Bali. I am planning to be cautious and not take too much, but if I do that and the effects are not what I desire them to be, is re-dosing a bit more later effective? If so how much should I re dose with? I plan to take 7 grams of the Bali, I have a bit of a tolerance to opiates too, oxycodone. But I haven't taken any in 3 weeks, actually slightly more.

Any advice about anything regarding my upcoming evening would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2013, 00:49
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.
Points: 1,361, Level: 5 Points: 1,361, Level: 5 Points: 1,361, Level: 5
Activity: 9.7% Activity: 9.7% Activity: 9.7%
Re: kratom re-dosing?

7 grams is a good place to start. Effects take 2 hours to fully come on if eaten on an empty stomach, if you're full effects can take an hour or 2 longer to peak and will be weaker. You can and should eat an hour after ingestion though.

So if effects are weak at the 2 hour mark you could dose another 3-5 grams, but I recommend just taking more next time. Re-dosing simply isn't as effective as taking the Kratom all at once, effects won't get much better, just prolonged. Taking more than 15 grams of Kratom per day is not a good idea.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:12

21 y/o Male from United States
TheVenomInside is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

Could you elaborate on why not to take more then 15 grams in a day? I don't plan to do that, im just asking out of curiosity. Aren't some peoples doses way higher then that?
Old 04-03-2013, 03:26
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.
Points: 1,361, Level: 5 Points: 1,361, Level: 5 Points: 1,361, Level: 5
Activity: 9.7% Activity: 9.7% Activity: 9.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVenomInside View Post
Could you elaborate on why not to take more then 15 grams in a day? I don't plan to do that, im just asking out of curiosity. Aren't some peoples doses way higher then that?
With Kratom less is more. If you take high doses tolerance builds and eventually it will become fairly ineffective. If you take the Kratom all at once 10 grams is all you need in a day, if you spread it throughout the day 15 grams is a good balance. 2-5 gram doses can be really nice, the perfect balance of stimulation and opiation. The less times you take it the better, skipping some days really helps keep tolerance low.

Keep in mind that I have a Kratom tolerance, you may only need 5-8 grams for a full experience. Also the potency of Kratom is widely variable, some strains/batches are 2-3 times stronger than others.
Old 05-03-2013, 22:33
Silver Member

Male from United States
Guppe is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2
Activity: 13.4% Activity: 13.4% Activity: 13.4%

I have been taking Kratom (Mitragyna Speciosa) for about 4 months at-least once daily (Usually 2-3 times a day). I have found re-dosing to work very well for me personally after the first initial dose. I do notice tho the first dose to have a slightly stronger effect than re-dosing does, but re-dosing was found to work very well as-well (And I almost always re-dose after the initial).

For me, currently with my tolerance, Kratom kicks in fully in 30 minutes for me on an empty stomach and fades away after about 2 hours. In the beginning of my Kratom usage (Before I began a tolerance to opiates at all) I remember the same on-set as noted above, but the duration was maybe an hour longer.

I currently eat 10-15 grams daily, but I have had my usage go up to 25-30 grams daily before. I only did this for roughly a week and ran into problems with constipation and it was difficult to eat enough food to stay at a healthy level. I also found the effects to be overall much more enjoyable at lower dosages and also much cheaper money-wise.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:32

Male from United States
sacredspirit is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

I just took 2.5 grams about 1-2 hours ago. I feel nothing actually. I ate about 45 minutes after taking it. I have Green Malay. Should I redose?
Old 07-03-2013, 02:07
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,548, Level: 20 Points: 19,548, Level: 20 Points: 19,548, Level: 20
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Presuming you have no opiate tolerance, and you took it on an empty stomach, and you bought it from a good source then you should feel something.
I would recommend waiting until tomorrow before trying again, now that you have eaten.
Try a higher dose, 3-5 grams.
Old 07-03-2013, 20:58

Male from United States

I just took 2 tea spoons in almond milk. Empty stomach with a drop of peppermint in water to kill any nausea that may come into effect.

Is that a decent amount? I bought it online from what I thought was a reputable vendor in Portland, OR.
Old 07-03-2013, 21:42
vervain vervain is nu online
Silver Member

Male from Earth
vervain probably knows what they are talking about.vervain probably knows what they are talking about.vervain probably knows what they are talking about.vervain probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 715, Level: 4 Points: 715, Level: 4 Points: 715, Level: 4
Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredspirit View Post
I just took 2 tea spoons in almond milk. Empty stomach with a drop of peppermint in water to kill any nausea that may come into effect.

Is that a decent amount? I bought it online from what I thought was a reputable vendor in Portland, OR.
As always source discussion is not allowed here, naming the locale is probably a gray area but it probably shouldn't go further than that.

That being said, if we're thinking of the same place it should indeed be quality and two teaspoons on an empty stomach should be enough to feel very noticeable effects. But taking 10 minutes to skim through any of the threads on the first page of this subforum would have told you that 20x over (to say nothing of just waiting an hour and seeing what happens).
Old 08-03-2013, 02:23

Male from United States

I felt NOTHING today.. I'm starting to get discouraged....

Am I doing something wrong? I'm usually very sensitive to any kind of herb or medication.

sacredspirit added 0 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

I think I felt a slight buzz in my chest, but that was very mild and did not last long. That's the only thing I can think I felt.

Last edited by sacredspirit; 08-03-2013 at 02:23. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-03-2013, 02:27
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,548, Level: 20 Points: 19,548, Level: 20 Points: 19,548, Level: 20
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredspirit View Post
I felt NOTHING today.. I'm starting to get discouraged....

Am I doing something wrong? I'm usually very sensitive to any kind of herb or medication.

sacredspirit added 0 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

I think I felt a slight buzz in my chest, but that was very mild and did not last long. That's the only thing I can think I felt.
Did you take my advice?
Can you answer my questions? )
Old 08-03-2013, 10:26

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
Did you take my advice?
Can you answer my questions? )

Yes I did. I took it on a complete empty stomach around 3pm. I was able to down 2 tea spoons with no problem.

sacredspirit added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

I'm not 100% sure (can't name Vendor), but I believe it is a good source..

I also waited a full 24 hours before doing it again.

sacredspirit added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

The Vendor I bought it from also gave me Bali, but I haven't tried that yet.

Last edited by sacredspirit; 08-03-2013 at 10:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-03-2013, 16:22
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

This thread is all about redosing on kratom. it may be helpful.

Share this on:

Tags
kratom, kratom dosage questions