Register Tags

Notices

Old 22-02-2013, 01:50

Female from United States
GP60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
How to reduce chances of vomiting after using Tramadol

Good day to you. My pet Yorkie enjoys very high doses of Tramadol about once or twice a week. However last time, while taking his dose of 1,400MG, his normal dose, he vomited maybe an our after taking it. He realizes this is a pretty normal side affect, especially at those high doses, but he has never experienced this before. He has felt nauseous many a time, but the vomit has always been kept at bay. He hopes this was just a one time thing and that no more hard to come by Tramadol is wasted, but just in case it isn't, what are some ways to decrease the chances of vomiting while on Tramadol.
Old 22-02-2013, 02:07
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,432, Level: 19 Points: 18,432, Level: 19 Points: 18,432, Level: 19
Activity: 93.8% Activity: 93.8% Activity: 93.8%
Re: How to reduce chances of vomiting after using Tramadol

Don't give drugs to animals, it is illegal and unethical. Please speak like an adult.

1600mg is insane, like time to seek re-hab insane. How you have managed to not end up in seizures is mystifying. taking more then 400mg of tramadol is dangerous.

Nausea is the least of your issues.

Get some proper opiates, heroin even, tramadol is simply too dangerous at this level.
Old 22-02-2013, 02:18

[QUOTE=Potter;1258104]
Nausea is the least of your issues.
[QUOTE]

No, it's the main one. Do you not read?

Can anyone offer any real advice/solutions or is it just gonna be folks playing Oprah?
Old 22-02-2013, 02:24
Silver Member

Male from Canada
TurboGolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

really not sure, been in simliar situations with my lavender.. at times, would take tums or things for nauseau and sometimes it'd help, sometimes not, but 1 hour your lucky.. wait til you vomit 3 times a day , breakfast, lunch and dinner.. for a week straight , its not fun
Old 22-02-2013, 02:34
Silver Member

Male from USA - New York
babalooj is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%

Well Potter is just trying to inform you on the safety issues with what you are doing. Tramadol does carry a very real and high risk of seizures, especially at such doses.

Anyway, do you smoke pot? When i used to have access to (low doses) of Tramadol, i would usually come close to or actually vomiting. It was horrible. But pot usually helped this and added to the tramadol high.
Also, as tramadol would make me very itchy, i would take some diphenhydramine to counteract this, which also (slighty, imo) helped reduce nasuea
Old 22-02-2013, 03:36

Thanks for the response. But no, I don't have any access to pot. If i did, I might not bother with the Tramadol. I guess I could try some diphenhydramine, as i still have a bottle and a half from when i used to take it for sleep.

And has anyone here taking Tramadol ever actually had a seizure? I'm no scientist or expert, but I think that risk is a bit over stated. I've been at these high doses for a while as my tolerance builds very VERY rapidly, and i haven't had as much as an involuntary leg twitch.
Old 22-02-2013, 04:55
Titanium Member

Male from Finland
Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 460, Level: 3 Points: 460, Level: 3 Points: 460, Level: 3
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP60 View Post
And has anyone here taking Tramadol ever actually had a seizure? I'm no scientist or expert, but I think that risk is a bit over stated. I've been at these high doses for a while as my tolerance builds very VERY rapidly, and i haven't had as much as an involuntary leg twitch.
It is in no way overstated, a friend of mine had a seizure with less than 1 gram. Please understand that it is a very real risk and might leave you with a permanent brain damage, tramadol high just isn't worth that. But if you are hell bent on doing it anyway, I would suggest you take some antiemetic as in a motion sickness pill (in here those contain cyclizine which actually also boosts the effects so you could at least lower your insane dosage).

Share this on:

Tags
nausea, tramadol, tramadol abuse, tramadol effects, tramadol side effects, ultram