Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Buprenorphine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 21-09-2011, 22:18
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

36 y/o Male from United States
dingleberries should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Been on sobo 4mg for years how long till it's good to take other opiates

I fust tool my last 4mg of sobo 29 hours ago. i do not feel sick yet. I have been told to wait 48hrs of untill you get feeling sick.
would like to do some d8's at the 36hr mark, think they will do ant thing?
or should I wait til my eyes dialate and I feel sick?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please don't use slang terms in your posts, especially in thread titles. Not everyone knows what "sobo" or "d8" means, & those people may just have the answers you need. English is not everyone's 1st language on this international forum. Thanks.
Old 23-09-2011, 15:21
Silver Member

44 y/o Male from United States
evergreen is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Re: Been on sobo 4mg for years how long till it's good to take other opiates

I can tell you from experience that the half-life of suboxone is about 36 hours. That is how long it takes to get about half of it out of your system.
You might not feel WD's until even 60 hours...
You will probably feel the D8 at the 36 hour mark, but.... if you wait until you are feeling withdrawals from the suboxone, you will feel the D a LOT more then.
D is something that doesn't give you much euphoric effect, if there are still much of other opiates in your system.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Well written and informative
Old 24-09-2011, 17:53

42 y/o Male from United States
fizojizo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1

Hi DB,

I've been on subs for about a year and a half and just tampered down to 2 mg last week (Friday 16th) before dropping off. I'm very frustrated at the moment as I've been taking 60 to 90 mg oxycodone doses at once and have barely felt anything except for some sleeplyless. No buzz, no nod, no euforia, etc... Previous to this like I said I was tampering down over the last year and 5 months or so. I started at between 12 to 8 mg a day at the start and have gone down from this over the last year or so. I'm started to think that subs destoyed my receptors !!! At this point, I feel like Im just wasting the oxycodone 30's I got via prescription last week... Hope that helps you, any ideas that you might have as well would be awesome. P.s. I was also prescribed Xanax and that's about the only thing that seems to help me out at the moment. I also thought that maybe I should not take anything for like a week or so to see if this has anything to do with a cross-tolerance thing.

Peace FizoJizo
Old 08-11-2011, 05:55
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

23 y/o Male from United States
billyrafeeky is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1

If you've been on suboxone (or any type of buprenorphine) for over a year, you'll have to wait 3 days (72 hours) before feeling any other opiate decently. You may have only taken 4 mg as your last dose, but because you have been taking it regularly, you have a lot more than 4 mg in your system, and you'll still probably have at least 4 mg left in your system even after 3 days. I know somebody who shot heroin after 6 days of not doing suboxone and he still could hardly feel it...so my advice is, wait 3 days then do whatever you need to do, but you still shouldn't expect it to be as strong as it usually is, and don't be surprised if you hardly feel it at all.

If you want my best advice, wait till you start feeling withdrawals, then take 300 mg of DXM to ease the withdrawals (but DO NOT do any opiate while on the DXM, you can overdose easily as such a large dose of DXM potentates opiates VERY much and adds a great amount of CNS depressant effect). Keep doing this for as long as you can...for me, I was able to use DXM to go 72 hours without doing any opiates, then I couldn't stand it any longer and took 1 mg of suboxone. But the point is, try to go as long as possible without taking anything, and using DXM will help make the withdrawals easier. When you finally decide to try taking your opiate of choice, wait at least 10 hours since your last DXM dose, then do the opiate. The longer you go without doing any opiates, the more you will feel it when you do, and DXM is great at alleviating withdrawal symptoms as well as cravings, so you can use it to go at least 3 days without using.

So lets say this is what you do:

Day 1 - 4 mg suboxone
Day 2 - Nothing
Day 3 - 300 mg DXM
Day 4 - 300 mg DXM
Day 5 - 300 mg DXM
Day 6 - 8 mg Dillaudid

You should feel the Dillaudid, even though it won't be as strong as usual. But if you skip the DXM and do the Dillaudid on Day 3 or 4 instead, you will hardly feel the Dillaudid, if at all. Someone who takes 4 mg suboxone randomly one day doesnt have to wait till day 6, but if you've been taking 4 mg for a year, you definitely need to wait at least 3 days to feel anything, and at least 6 days to feel what I personally would call a proper effect. I've been on suboxone for 6 months, and I stopped for 3 days then took 37.5 mg Vicodin, and I could hardly feel it...so wait as long as possible, and use DXM to help you through the withdrawals.

billyrafeeky added 2 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizojizo View Post
Hi DB,

I've been on subs for about a year and a half and just tampered down to 2 mg last week (Friday 16th) before dropping off. I'm very frustrated at the moment as I've been taking 60 to 90 mg oxycodone doses at once and have barely felt anything except for some sleeplyless. No buzz, no nod, no euforia, etc... Previous to this like I said I was tampering down over the last year and 5 months or so. I started at between 12 to 8 mg a day at the start and have gone down from this over the last year or so. I'm started to think that subs destoyed my receptors !!! At this point, I feel like Im just wasting the oxycodone 30's I got via prescription last week... Hope that helps you, any ideas that you might have as well would be awesome. P.s. I was also prescribed Xanax and that's about the only thing that seems to help me out at the moment. I also thought that maybe I should not take anything for like a week or so to see if this has anything to do with a cross-tolerance thing.

Peace FizoJizo
You did not destroy your receptors...being on suboxone for a year and a half you still have enough in your system, even after a week, that you still have suboxone in your system which will block other opiates, plus you still have a high tolerance as suboxone is very powerful.

Don't do any opiates for another week, then try doing them, and they will be stronger. If they still aren't strong enough, wait yet another week and I'm SURE you will feel them as usual. It takes a long time for a year and a half worth of suboxone to leave your system and your tolerance to go down, but if you keep taking opiates your tolerance will stay sky high, so wait at least another week before trying again.

Last edited by billyrafeeky; 08-11-2011 at 05:55. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-02-2013, 17:24

Male from United States
Alcoholic4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Hello, this is my first post so i didnt want to creat a new thread and this is as close as i can find. Billy slightly covered my question. Bob did 4mg of sub only one time (ever) a day after doing 14 bags over a 4 day period. How long after he took the 4mg of sub should he wait to do another bag?
Old 05-02-2013, 15:07
Silver Member

Female from United States
Catsntats is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

It also depends on an individual's body chemistry. I took 40 mg of methadone 28 hours after my last 2 mg dose of Suboxone and I've been on that dose for years and I was knocked out for three days.

Share this on:

Tags
buprenex, buprenorphine, dillaudid, drug, drug slang, drugs-forum, dxm, heroin, opiate, opiates, opioid, opioid addiction, opioid dependency, oxycodone, suboxone, subutex, temgesic, withdrawal, withdrawals

» New Threads
should I stay or should I go?
Last post by so so sad in vegas
3 Replies, 52 Views
FDA Kratom Import alert!!!
Last post by ianzombie
84 Replies, 5,120 Views
kratom and help on day 5 no opiates
Last post by DepoV
2 Replies, 87 Views
Discontinuing Vyvanse abruptly
Last post by MWP6150