Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Dissociative RC's
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Dissociative RC's Methoxetamine, 3-Meo-PCP, 4-Meo-PCP, 5-Meo-PCP

Old 20-02-2012, 11:34
Titanium Member

29 y/o Female from United Kingdom
misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
methoxetamine side effects

Hey I've noticed a lot of threads being started, including by myself, on the various side effects of methoxetamine so I thought it would be a good idea to compile future reports of adverse effects and damage into a single thread. So:

Please post any methoxetamine related side effects or cumulative damage here

If possible please include:
  1. length of habit
  2. usual dosage
  3. frequency of the side effect
  4. severity of the side effect
  5. recovery duration after ceasing usage

AFOAF has begun having severe depressive episodes while high. Suffice to say they have become bad enough that last night AFOAFs partner had to call members of AFOAFs family round to the house to help control her. Perhaps more alarmingly AFOAF found that her headaches were becoming much more pronounced with usage and also she was speaking very strangely, like an austistic person or like Stephen hawkins electronic voice box very robotic with the stresses of the words in the wrong places/syllables.

AFOAFs habit has been going on for about 12 weeks, persistent usage every day for the last month or so. Her average dosage is 100mg every two hours or so. These side effects have now begun occuring pretty much every day while using and have as stated become fairly severe.

AFOAF has ceased usage today. Headache remains to a much lessened degree but her speech has returned to normal. Her body is currently extremely weak. Does anyone think AFOAF can still use methoxetamine if she cuts her usage down considerably? Or is this a sign that she should stop altogether?

On a side note: AFOAF has been really depressed lately anyway due to an unresolvable problem in her life that isn't drug related. Her heavy usage is in part to dull the pain of this other problem.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thankyou for starting this thread, hope to see more responses
Old 20-02-2012, 11:43
Gold Member

Female from Earth
Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.
Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5
Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9%
Re: methoxetamine side effects

Swia is curious to see how this thread fares, she has some curiosity with ketamine like substances. So will like to see how this goes...
Old 20-02-2012, 17:22

Male from Czech Republic
H2SO4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Her average dosage is 100mg every two hours or so.
Thats enormous dosing :O. Did swiy also notice some antidepressant effects in the beggining of use?
Old 20-02-2012, 18:27
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from Germany
CannaFun is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

100mg every 2 hours sounds really very high, like SWIY would consume 1-2gram everyday (which i don't think she really does).

What was SWIYs average consumption daily?
Old 20-02-2012, 19:21
Titanium Member

misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaFun View Post
100mg every 2 hours sounds really very high, like SWIY would consume 1-2gram everyday (which i don't think she really does).

What was SWIYs average consumption daily?
Actually its half a gram a day, that's 5 doses of 100mg over 10 hours..

AFOAF is usually only awake for 12 hours a day and she doesn't dose right after getting up

misskatie added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

She does a little more on weekends however

Last edited by misskatie; 20-02-2012 at 19:21. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20-02-2012, 20:13
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 615, Level: 3 Points: 615, Level: 3 Points: 615, Level: 3
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Echoing H2SO4's question: what was the depression level like prior to use, and did mxe help with that depression? I suspect that the extremely heavy use of this drug was all about relieving the pain of being human (having a body and mind), which is just classic addictive behavior. I do not know anything about the medical implications of such use of this substance, but they can't possibly be anything other than bad. I also find that it's extremely rare for an addict to use responsibly; any attempt at moderate use inevitably ends up in binges and more problems.

On this and other forums I've been reading a lot of recent posts about people becoming addicted to MXE which is discouraging to me because I, too, know someone who uses regularly, except that he only uses about 10mg a day (1/50th as much as AFOYF.) Still, if it's daily use then the tendency to become dependent is going to be there, indicating that there may be underlying pain (depression, anxiety, ennui) for which he is self-medicating.
Old 20-02-2012, 20:44
Titanium Member

Yes as stated in my original post AFOAF has an unresolvable problem in her life that causes strong depression anyway. And yes her drug use is largely an attempt to live with the pain of this problem. This is not a response to 'normal life' but to a largely devastating and constantly present problem that AFOAF must live with.. its also something not many people can understand or relate to.

Yes in the beginning mxe was very anti depressant and I have actually written another thread about just that. However as AFOAFs tolerance increased and she had to take more each time the general effect became less uplifting in general (though sometimes still achievable) and more dysphoric..

Last edited by misskatie; 20-02-2012 at 20:45. Reason: typo + more info
Old 21-02-2012, 11:32
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from Germany
CannaFun is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

Did YFOAF try to treat her strong depression with meds that are made for this sickness?

If she would get prescribed proper (working) medication for her depression, maybe there wouldn't be the permanent urge to (ab)use MXE.

Sorry if this sounds offensive, it's not meant like that
Old 21-02-2012, 11:40
Titanium Member

Your suggestion is certainly not offensive its a very sensible question to ask so don't worry

No, AFOAFs depression has an underlying cause that sadly it is an absolute battle to get treatment for in the country she lives in. she imports certain medication herself at great cost that are part of the treatment she needs, that has been going on for two years and has created an incredibly difficult financial situation until recently when some small good fortune meant AFOAFs income modestly improved..

For arguments sake let's just say that anti depressant medication would not help in AFOAFs case as her depression stems from a physical problem and other peoples reaction to it rather than a purely psychological problem.

By the way, this is getting off topic now we should probably get back to discussing MXE side effects..
Old 29-02-2012, 23:06

22 y/o Male from United States
Palmer needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech House View Post
Echoing H2SO4's question: what was the depression level like prior to use, and did mxe help with that depression? I suspect that the extremely heavy use of this drug was all about relieving the pain of being human (having a body and mind), which is just classic addictive behavior. I do not know anything about the medical implications of such use of this substance, but they can't possibly be anything other than bad. I also find that it's extremely rare for an addict to use responsibly; any attempt at moderate use inevitably ends up in binges and more problems.

On this and other forums I've been reading a lot of recent posts about people becoming addicted to MXE which is discouraging to me because I, too, know someone who uses regularly, except that he only uses about 10mg a day (1/50th as much as AFOYF.) Still, if it's daily use then the tendency to become dependent is going to be there, indicating that there may be underlying pain (depression, anxiety, ennui) for which he is self-medicating.
Afoyf uses twice a week in small amounts. Depression before is sever&ptsd during use & 12 hours after (for that day) no depression a little euphoria next day self mutilates without ?knowing? got sent home twice from work over 2 weeks because I get in a zone and like fucking harm my legs and arms. So out of character that afoyf have stopped use.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:40
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.

I was able to convince the MXE user mentioned in my last post to dump the final 300mg of his original gram down the sink. He had slowly worked up to using about 30-50 mg a day and was doing increasingly irrational and dangerous things, like mixing moxy with other random substances just to take the effects to weirder levels. He admitted that he felt slightly psychotic and this is what really freaked me out, because he has been institutionalized before and once you've gone psycho then you're much more susceptible to it happening again (same as with seizures.)

I have read a great deal about MXE because I'm a big fan of cosmic insights, mysticism, LSD/psychedelia, parallel realities and infinite universes, you name it. On Erowid there are some EPIC descriptions of MXE trips and they make me want to try the stuff but they also sound terrifying!!! I believe this is a drug that has great potential for good, but I fear that it will mostly cause problems because of the way it is being abused.

My friend who was doing the MXE reported that he didn't even like the effects half the time, yet he felt addicted to it because it was better than the effects of the withdrawal. I guess this is some wicked addictive shit. Sadly, I am almost certain I will never take the voyage into the "m-hole" to see what others have seen, as I have been witness to the insanity that can ensue just from doses far too small to "hole."

Palmer, your story about the self-mutilation and being out of character sounds pretty reasonable as a response to MXE in those who don't have fairly robust mental health. This is exactly why I know I cannot mess with it; I could have taken the 300 mg from my friend and used it for my own experiments but my brain ain't in any condition to handle something so powerfully mind-altering.

Having said all the above, I have hope for MXE to find legitimate use in a manner similar to ayahuasca, in controlled settings with guides and rituals, and with pre-screening of partakers for mental health issues.
Old 24-04-2012, 03:26
Productive insomniac
Administrator

98 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 82,477, Level: 41 Points: 82,477, Level: 41 Points: 82,477, Level: 41
Activity: 46.5% Activity: 46.5% Activity: 46.5%

Have there been any studies into the side effects of methoxetamine use?
Either accute or in relation to frequent use.
Old 24-04-2012, 17:18
Chem|EB|DMT

Male from Earth
Gradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 12,642, Level: 16 Points: 12,642, Level: 16 Points: 12,642, Level: 16
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%

This is a great thread, I'm glad it's already been posted.

Anything from addiction, prolonged effects, mood instability, sensory changes, and aches of any kind can be considered a side-effect.

If you’ve experienced side-effects from methoxetamine, I will highly appreciate it if you post a short description here – and it would be particularly appreciated if you include your body weight, height, gender, and dose(s). If other drugs were consumed at the same time, please include them in your description.
Old 24-04-2012, 18:31
Titanium Member

Male from United States

A report from someone:
Male, 45 yrs, 6 ft. (slightly under 2 meters), ~185 lbs. (~80Kg)
Extensive substance use history but no "hard core abuse" (no IV drugs, no addiction)

MXE experience: obtained 1 gram. Never tried more than 15 mg at one time. Effects first time were interesting, it was noted that this drug has strong potential for "mystical" or philosophical experience and exploration.

Major side effect was detachment from self; there was a sense that consciousness was not related to his body or actions, it was all just pure experience. His first time, he had to drive home after it kicked in. He saw the extreme danger because he didn't feel like anyone was driving the car. His experience was that things were moving past him but there was no particular cause for these events. He could have easily run a red light because of the feeling that nothing really mattered and all physical reality is illusion. However true that may be on a cosmic level, it's an extremely dangerous thing to explore while doing ANYTHING in the physical world that requires careful action and harm prevention.

After the first trial, there was a compulsion to do a small amount (10 to 15 mg) every day for the next couple weeks. During this time, he became withdrawn, confused and detached. His moods changed a lot. He was unwilling to be social and stopped going out. It was hard for him just to shop for groceries. He could not stop using it even though it was dysphoric.

At these tiny doses it's hard to conclude anything about the hazards of more commonly used higher doses. Psychologically, it appears to be extremely risky to use except on rare and special occasions that are well-planned to minimize danger. Hazards of high-dose MXE experiences are all over the web, including on this site.

Physical side effects for the user in question only involved feelings of fatigue and lethargy, but this may have been primarily psychosomatic in nature. If ketamine provides any lessons regarding serious harm to addicts, it seems to be mainly psychological in nature even for hard core IV users. The worst physical issue I've seen reported in a one-hour special on ketamine abuse involved fatal overdoses by people who were using it in the same way that addicts use heroin.

Thanks for your thorough report; very much appreciated
Old 25-04-2012, 06:32
Silver Member

Male from United States
AmsuJackal is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

yes mxe can be pretty hard on the brain from regular use ive found.

AFOAF has gone through 3 or 4 grams over the past 2 months, using hole or near-hole doses every 4-7 days, sometimes 2 nights in a row. initially it has great antidepressant properties probably from the way it modulates the serotonin system.

With regular use the user seems to become withdrawn, motivationless, introverted, and sort of off and depressed. This is probably because MXE works on both serotonin and dopamine, and the dopamine system has been drained too. i know 5htp works to help the serotonin aspect, but im not aware of an OTC dopamine precursor, i know of L-Dopa/Levodopa, but i think thats perscription only. mxe seems to give the brain a double whammy with these neurotransmitters. MXE seems to heavily drain both of these.

Long term, the user seems to start to recover at 2 weeks and seems to be re-balanced in a month after heavy binges.

AmsuJackal added 3 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

edit: i have also observed that unless the user takes precautions to keep his neurotransmitters up, such as moderation, taking 5htp, etc, after a while, once the neurotransmitters are depleted, the trip turns into just a high and loses most of it's magic

Thanks for the report. It would've been preferable to include your body weight, gender, and doses taken
Good idea to maintain the trips and efectiveness. Also good harm reduction experience commentary.

Last edited by AmsuJackal; 25-04-2012 at 06:32. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-04-2012, 07:21
Chem|EB|DMT

Male from Earth
Gradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 12,642, Level: 16 Points: 12,642, Level: 16 Points: 12,642, Level: 16
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%

I thought it might be valuable to summarize 3 case-studies of methoxetamine-related toxicity. As of now, they're the only published case studies available. As there are zero cellular studies available, these are relatively crude - but provide some insight as to the physiological activity associated with high-dose methoxetamine, as well as some informed speculation as to potential non-neurophysiological related side-effects due to the compound's structural similarity to ketamine.

Methoxetamine is an arylcyclohexylamine derivative of ketamine, developed by a research chemist in the UK to be an alternative to ketamine. Due to the compound's ethylated amine - compared to ketamine's methylated amine - chronic use of the compound has been suggested to present lower risks of inducing urinary tract pathologies associated with chronic use of ketamine. There are no studies that verify this, however.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These case studies are taken from:
Acute toxicity associated with the recreational use of the ketamine derivative methoxetamine

1. 42-year-old male discovered collapsed in street - noted as drowsy, tachycardic (elevated heart rate), hypertensive (high blood pressure), and pyrexic (feverish - 38.2°C, 100.67°F). He was assigned a 6/15 on the Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS), which represents a rather severe state (consistent with severe traumatic brain injury); low numbers indicate low levels of consciousness, while higher numbers indicate functional consciousness. Residue on his nostrils suggested insufflation as the route of administration. The patient self-reported co-administration of alcohol (3 pints), 0.75g of 'benzofury, and 0.5g of methoxetamine. GC-MS revealed 'benzofury' contained 5- or 6-APB. Treatment was 5 mg of diazepam orally, and the patient was discharged the following day with no problematic symptoms.

2. 29-year-old male observed to be catatonic by his mother - exhibiting tremors, visual hallucinations, confusion, and dilated pupils. Upon admittance to the emergency department, the patient was assigned a Glasgow Coma Score of 14/15, was tachycardic and hypertensive. Reflexes were normal (implies no acute neuropathy), and no spontaneous/inducible clonus (muscular spasms). The patient self-reported 200 mg of methoxetamine, dissolved in water, consumed orally. Toxicological screening revealed the presence of diphenhydramine & venlafaxine in blood. Treatment was 5 mg diazepam orally, discharged the following day.

3. 29-year-old male found collapsed in a nightclub bathroom, exhibited aggressive tendencies en route to the emergency department. The patient was assigned a GCS of 10/15, was tachycardic, hypertensive, normal body temperature, and dilated pupils. Residue on nostril suggests insufflation as the ROA, and toxicological screening revealed the presence of midazolam as well as methoxetamine; unfortunately the patient failed to report doses consumed. Treatment was 5 mg midazolam intramuscularly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes & problems with these case studies.

1. All three patients appeared to have co-administered additional drugs, and so symptoms presented can not be definitively attributed to methoxetamine alone.

2. The drug appears to consistently elevate heart rate and increase blood pressure, as well as increase body temperature. Accordingly, combination with stimulants may prove cardiotoxic in some individuals.

3. The Glasgow Coma Scale is a subjective rating system, and thus a patient identified as 6/15 by one clinician may score quite a bit higher by another. Accordingly, the low GCS score designated to the first case should not be used to indicate central nervous system toxicity.

Physiological symptoms to watch for

Due to the structural similarity of methoxetamine to ketamine, it would be unsurprising to observe the following non-neurological symptoms: urinary tract pathologies; haematuria (blood in urine), micturition (accidental urination), and interstitial cystitis (bladder pain).

I'm also quite interested to read about any effects on mood, whether positive or negative, given long-term usage.

Last edited by Gradient; 25-04-2012 at 07:29.
Old 10-01-2013, 13:44
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
5-HT2A probably knows what they are talking about.5-HT2A probably knows what they are talking about.5-HT2A probably knows what they are talking about.5-HT2A probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 741, Level: 4 Points: 741, Level: 4 Points: 741, Level: 4
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

Methoxetamine certainly has a lot of therapeutic potential, but this is a very good thread because it does seem to have very real abuse potential as well, especially for quiet or introverted types of people. Maybe this is related to why it has received little publicity in the U.S, because all the problem users are keeping to themselves.

One thing I would say is that if used several days in a row, even in small amounts (say ~20mg), it will affect short-term memory. I recall going to leave the house and could never recall if I had everything I needed in my pockets, and so was constantly rechecking everything to make sure I was ready. It takes a few days after use for memory to recover to normal levels. Interestingly, it seems as though memories of internal thoughts are easier to keep track of than those that originate due to an external stimuli during the experience itself. Keep an eye on that, it might be important.

There is a characteristic tingle in the head caused by this substance that does not seem to occur elsewhere in the body.

There exists a tendency for this drug to disrupt normal sleep rhythms. I remember winding up getting up at 7pm and going to bed at 10 or 11am for several weeks this time a year ago. It was like I was trapped or something. It is impossible for me to sleep deeply on this substance for some reason. If I do sleep on it I wake up not wanting to go back to sleep but later feel vanquished early that same day and anxious to get a good night's rest. The following day I am generally back to normal.

I feel alcohol, although synergizing well with the effects of the substance, compounds its toxicity and this will be reflected in a somewhat longer recovery period.

I would also say that at higher doses and combined with alcohol, there is a tendency toward grandiose thinking on a dose-dependent basis. However I feel this is likely MXE exaggerating alcohol's GABA +dopamine activity into more extreme realms. By itself, small doses of MXE (0-30mg in my view) greatly enhance critical thinking, at least in some respects, and can be very productive in dealing with personal issues. And so I distinguish between MXE alone use and MXE + something else use. Also, as a side note, I can not understand some people's propensity to up the session's cumulative dose beyond say 50mg. This is really my upper limit for a given session, give or take a small amount, and is not always desirable anyway.

There is often a slight dip in mood and motivation following the "after glow" although with abstinence lasting several weeks between uses these are usually moderate and short lived, not in the same league as say an MDMA hangover with its profound and heavy philosophical depression.

I feel based on a total life time use of 1-2g, with average sessions consisting of 25-50mg, that the side effects are fairly predictable and dissipate with prolonged abstinence. It may be that we have been blessed with a drug that has serious side effects if abused but that is forgiving for most in the long run. But this remains to be seen for certain. This thread really needs more high lifetime consumption posts.

Last edited by 5-HT2A; 28-01-2013 at 12:55.
Old 20-01-2013, 00:49
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Earth
joefear is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Hello,

Afoaf has been using Mxe on and off for the past year quite steadily. Afoaf has noted negative side effects, especially when used along with moderate alcohol consumption.

Such as short term memory impairment, irregularity of vision in higher doses and or prolonged sessions, and some trouble recalling vocabulary.
As previously stated, when consumed more frequently there is a tendency to loose the *magic* that one is allured by in the beginning. It is useful as a short term antidepressant and euphoriant becoming more dysphoric and more of a depressant during long term usage.

There was a break in between use ,for several months, where Afoaf would have really liked to have had said substance, but didn't and thus, was quite OK without it. Ergo, addiction potential.

All in all, when looking back upon the last year, Afoaf's general assessment of Mxe may be regarded as safe when used in moderation with predetermined dosages.

Fair analysis of effects over a year's time. Highlights the moreish aspects of MXE.
Important info, most especially the parts about forgetting vocabulary + moderate alcohol consumption, as I have experienced this as well.
Old 30-01-2013, 04:51
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from United States
JJ1234 is captain of the psychonauts.JJ1234 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Okay I posted in a couple other threads already about this so I will ink them here since this seems like a proper place for them. They both apply to a 100-105kg male at doses above 80-110mg IM'd. I guess you can call this guy a binge user because he gets say 2 to 5 grams and does it daily until gone. Usually about 250mg total for day one then say up to a gram a day by day five. Tolerance is a bitch!

Here are a couple of things noticed then some links to my latest issues with this compound at the high doses above and only with two batches purchased six months apart: Slurred speech and lose of motor control, high pitched "freaky" voice(noted by observer but not user as are many of these effects), total blackouts that are unlike any others as they are like sleepwalking and talking gibberish, and the desire to repeat dose too soon.

These were all observed lately and you should read my following links because they contain the stuff that can happen while pushing the limits. Scary but so much of a great feeling that it is hard to resist!

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=177772 Mine is post seven.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...146555&page=10 Post 239

I can't find or didn't post the one at this forum with the trip to the psych ward. I was in kind of rough shape and GF noticed bizarre behavior over my last binge of 3 grams over 5 days. I did all kinds of stupid shit while blacked out but all I can remember is the good feeling from it. If you have an addictive type of personality you may want to steer clear of this one.

I do plan further research with this stuff only not going to exceed 50mg per dose and no more then 3-4 doses per day. Also only going to get a small amount so I can't go too far overboard. This is honestly one of the best chemicals I have ever felt. Too bad the negative effects can get nasty!
Old 30-01-2013, 08:11
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from Ireland
xiaobendan probably knows what they are talking about.xiaobendan probably knows what they are talking about.xiaobendan probably knows what they are talking about.xiaobendan probably knows what they are talking about.xiaobendan probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

This post has been edited because it was written not long after the events mentioned here in. The author was suffering from some cognitive impairment. Basically it was a difficult post to read.

Background;
Afoaf's dog has recently got back into using MXE in big way over the last month.

He had no issue with it the first couple of times he'd purchased it. Both in the summer of 2011 and in March last year he only used a couple of grams over a few weeks during both binges.

Well since the 26th of December he has sniffed up exactly 7 grams of it, yes a very stupid thing to do. But he's been on his winter holidays from work and has had a lot of time to spare. He just fell into a binge. He’s a very self indulgent person.

The routine; Over the last week or so he's barely taken a day off though, usually using 500mg over the course of a day. A 100kg healthy male, exercises regularly, starts to consume it at 12 noon, doses 200mg insufflated; redoses a 100mg bump every two hours and then lets it wear off for the evening so he can have some form of sleep.

Pushing it too far; So in the last 8days he peaked at using near 4grams. Well the bad headaches on the left side of his brain started to really up in intensity (using dissociatives back to back, day to day will cause this but not usually at this level). The tinnitus in his ears has been constant since he started the binge on the 26th of December. Although he has gotten those symptoms before at low doses back in 2011 and March last year, recently they've become more pronounced and unsettling.

The crack up; Yesterday he started feeling very hot and his palms were very sweaty, considering its winter it was unusual to notice that his kindle had beads of sweat all over it. Later in the day he nearly dosed 5-meo-mipt by accident, he dabbed his finger into a wrap to check if it was MXE or not, there couldn’t have been more than 2mg probably less nothing more. The dissociation had been steadily changing in nature since the start of the binge. He had a weird incident days before that was akin to using slow-mo in the new Dread movie. But on this day his color and perspective started getting sloppy and grainy, not like the sharp and beautiful distortions that he fiends for when he uses dissociatives.

In all honesty MXE had been doing fuck all for him recently even at 500mgs or more. The pressure and pain in his head shifted from the left side to the center of his forehead and around to the right side of his head. In his forehead it felt like pressure on a blood vessel, his left temple had tension. Also, he began to experience a very unusual light headed feeling. His vision became very bright and fuzzy like he was about to go blind or something. He’s been around that block enough with everything from stims, psyches, opiates ,benzos, obscure RC’s etc etc… to know that this wasn’t simply paranoia, something was up.

The symptoms he suffered; He felt numbness in his left foot and he started to walk with a bit of a gait. Then at 1am last night the ringing in his ears went up to an unprecedented high pitch and his head really buzzed like cicadas (more so than what most users usual experience on high doses of dissociatives). But remember this was nearly 6 hours after his last dose. The vibrations and noises usually are on his left side. Now this actually started to scare him. His whole right leg went numb and tingly and his penis was very shriveled (not an effect he usually gets off MXE). The tingling pressure behind his ears and the general feeling of having his brain cooked just added to the terrible mix and mash of symptoms.

So he had to get out of bed, the unusual pressure sensation in his forehead/temple area and the vibrations and cicada like noises on his right side had him thinking he was on the verge of a stroke. He got some hot water and placed his right foot into it thinking that it might be helpful to allow more blood to flow into his foot and leg. He thought the problem in his leg might have been vasoconstriction. But it wasn't, it was neurological. He's done enough uppers to know the difference.

A previous dangerous adventure; A month ago he had done over a gram in one session and had a major trans-dimensional experience where he literally was walking through and feeling new realities not just seeing them like classic psychedelics, something akin to the movie Inception. His mind created worlds and vast cities, his imagination knew no bounds, and everything was experienced as clear and present reality. It was a feeling like being god. He spoke to entities and had a classic NDE, but he knew he wasn't in danger of actually dying. It was just total peak dissociation.

That experience put him off using for 10days because of the powerful ache in his left lob and the over powering tinnitus in his ears that continued for days after. After that ten day break he started using again at only 200-300mg a day. But as said about the last ten day binge peaked with last night’s mini stroke like sensation.

Afterthought; The ringing has gone down in his head and his right leg is not as numb but it still feels unsettling. The head pain is not as strong in his right and left side; however there is still a strange sensation in the front of his forehead. When he does exercise he gets tired easier and a slight ringing starts up, again in his right ear. This is not good for a person who is actually very fit and healthy.

He will bin the last bit of his MXE and call it a day with dissociatives. Although he used Ketamine years ago and had few or no side effects, he feels that MXE is more dangerous. It stays in the system much longer and probably increases whatever damage that dissociatives may cause.

He doesn't know if the tiny bit of 5-meo-mipt played any part in last night’s events. As said above, his blood pressure was way up before and his level of dissociation was eerily high compared to the previous few days. He had gone from days of having minimal effects to suddenly experiencing strong sloppy and grainy dissociation when he had not actually increased his dosing schedule. That was all before the 5-meo-mipt. There must have been a toxic build up in his brain that came to a head after the last few days of back to back binging.

He doesn't even think going to the doctor is worth it. He's in a developing country and has little respect for the local hospitals even in good old Dublin; he doubts they could shed any light on what happened.

Please respect these very new and untested substances, we know little or nothing about their toxicity or side effects.

Last edited by xiaobendan; 03-02-2013 at 16:13. Reason: damn spelling
Old 01-02-2013, 03:10
Titanium Member

39 y/o Male from United States
flowertongue666 is captain of the psychonauts.flowertongue666 is captain of the psychonauts.flowertongue666 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 317, Level: 2 Points: 317, Level: 2 Points: 317, Level: 2

38 y.o. male, 200 lbs, 6', extensive drug history. Long history of DXM abuse. History of heroin addiction. Pod addiction. Currently tapering an approximately 10 yr Clonazepam addiction. Recently stopped Baclofen 30mg/day (for same length of time as Clonazepam use) cold turkey within last 30 days. The klonopin taper may be as responsible for depression/irritability as much as MXE use, but I feel that the MXE use definitely affects the intensity of depression/irritability.

1. Length of habit-

13 months, currently still using

2. Usual dosage-

Unknown. Average about 1 gram per month, route of administration is either sublingual or insufflation. I've been really irresponsible with regards to this compound. With other RC's, I am meticulous about determining weight but have eyeballed doses with MXE after the first few times. When starting, i used approximately 10-15 milligrams at a shot, then would re-dose every hour or two until desired effects were achieved. I would estimate that now I snort 20+ mg hourly until desired effects are achieved. Usage is limited to friday night to sunday night runs. Sometimes high one night, sometimes high throughout entire weekend.

3. Side effect(s) noted:

Depression/Irritability. Short term memory loss. Mania. Obsessive/Compulsive thoughts revolving around MXE use. Inability to articulate thoughts. Impotence/decreased libido.

4. frequency of the side effect

Mania- Only noted when high.
Short term memory impairment- Constant, whether on or off the drug.
Depression/Irritability- 60% of the time when not on drug.
Obsessive/Compulsive/Addictive behaviors- constant, whether on or off the drug. When on the drug it lends itself to lowered inhibitions regarding responsible drug use. I've run the medicine cabinet on this drug, taking almost everything listed as "not to combine" in above posts at one time with massive doses of mxe (tramadol + hydrocodone + alprazolam + clonazepam + cyclobenzaprine + amitriptyline + carisprodol + dimenhydrinate + ephedrine)- because i lived through that, it doesn't make it safe!
Impotence/decreased libido- occurs when on the drug, not off of it- though I do suffer lack of feeling and neuropathic pain as a result of spinal cord damage which contributes to difficulties.
Anhedonia- occurs when not on drug

5. severity of the side effect

Depression/Irritability- extreme mood swings. Manageable, but strong.
Short term memory loss- can't remember details unless i write them down. I'm adhd anyways, but this is not good.
Mania- feel like I could accomplish anything if i set my mind to it, so it's not a danger to myself as these thoughts are centered around long term life goals. But I BELIEVE it so strongly and viscerally it's crazy.
Obsessive/Compulsive thoughts revolving around MXE use- have ended up ordering mxe from sketchy vendors while high. while sober, i count the days before use.
Inability to articulate thoughts - Go on long pointless rambles that confuse others. This has resolved as tolerance increased. Noted only when high.
Impotence/decreased libido - resolved after a good nights sleep and sobering up. Usage on same day as attempts at sex fail 9 out of 10 times

6. recovery duration after ceasing usage -

I listed the general times in the above. Most effects are really pronounced when high and do not occur later.

I've only gone 2 weeks without, and depression/irritability and short-term memory impairment have not had enough time to repair themselves.

I will keep you posted when I eventually stop.

Oh yeah, cross tolerance to DXM and Nitrous- they're pretty useless anymore....

-peace

Nice post, very well presented
Great summary
Old 01-02-2013, 03:13
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Cid Lysergic is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2
Activity: 21.6% Activity: 21.6% Activity: 21.6%

120mg seperated over 4 doses one & only time. No noteable side-effects. Actually one of the cleanest feelings ever. Didn't even hurt to snort, according to my friend.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:45
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from Ireland
xiaobendan probably knows what they are talking about.xiaobendan probably knows what they are talking about.xiaobendan probably knows what they are talking about.xiaobendan probably knows what they are talking about.xiaobendan probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2

Some thoughts on the whole episode;

My friend's rat does agree with the above poster, when he had used it before at reasonable doses and frequency, he had no issues. Side effects were minimal to none. Little bit of tinnitus, but nothing long term to get worried about.

Subjective effects; It felt way smoother and cleaner than the street K he used to get years ago. The trips were so sharp and easy to recall after. They offered real psychedelic insight that K never did. K was always blah blah madness but great fun.

Difference with ketamine; The thing is he had binged solidly on K five or six years back and never suffered any of the above side effects. He's known friends who've been daily users of ketamine for a very long time and again, never suffered mini stroke like sensations.

Possible diagnosis; Tinnitus, balance issues and headaches etc.. happen all the time on ketamine (it’s all part of the fun), usually when the user is high as fuck. But getting those effects and worse after you've come down is not something he's heard about with ketamine, well not amongst the users he's known. He feels that he suffered some form of short term cerebellar ataxia mentioned in the medical extract below. The sensation that you may be entering a stroke is not funny.

Cerebellar ataxia is: a complex motor disturbance, which, can occur as a result of many diseases and presents with symptoms of an inability to coordinate balance, gait, extremity and eye movements. Lesions to the cerebellum can cause dyssynergia, dysmetria, dysdiadochokinesia, dysarthria and ataxia of stance and gait. Deficits are observed with movements on the same side of the body as the lesion (ipsilaterally) Clinicians often use visual observation of people performing motor tasks in order to look for signs of ataxia.

It has recently been mentioned in some scientific research journals. The info can be found in places like erowid. It passes after a few days. But some people might just keep going on with their MXE use until they've actually done long term permanent damage.

His own thoughts and fears; My friend's rat luckily just got the pants scared off him. The Idea of losing the ability to use his right leg or having a total stroke across that side of his body was enough to tell him to flush that shit.

He's not saying that MXE is totally toxic it just seems be when used at persistent high doses. Ketamine appears to be friendlier on the mind; it allows people to dose daily with little or no cognitive toxicity for most users. The issue with long-term ketamine use is bladder issues and of course cognitive impairment from extended and prolonged use.

But afoaf's rat feels that the long lasting level of peak dissociation during MXE trips, the blocking of signals across the brain for such an extended length of time may make MXE a more toxic toy to play with.

Most dissociative freaks hate the way K peaks and ends so quickly. But that’s probably what makes it easier to abuse with out causing toxicity in the brain and creating side effects like cerebellar ataxia。

Moderation is the key. Afoaf's rat has ruined it now with MXE, he can't go back for fear is recreating those side effects or causing more neural damage.

Check out this abstract

Abstract Context. “There have been recent concerns about increasing use and accessibility of methoxetamine, a ketamine derivative. Few data are available to describe the clinical features associated with methoxetamine exposure. We report three cases that presented to hospital with acute neurological toxicity associated with analytically confirmed methoxetamine exposure. Case details. A 19-year-old male presented with severe truncal ataxia, nystagmus, incoordination and reduced conscious level several hours after nasal insufflation of what was initially thought to be ketamine. Features of cerebellar toxicity persisted for 3-4 days before gradual recovery. Two more patients aged 17 and 18 years presented with severe cerebellar ataxia, imbalance and reduced conscious level 40 minutes after nasal insufflation of methoxetamine (MXE). Both had slurred speech, incoordination and cerebellar ataxia that resolved within 24 hours. Serum methoxetamine concentrations were 0.24 mg/L, 0.45 mg/L and 0.16 mg/L, respectively, and no other drugs were identified on an extended toxicological screen. Discussion. Methoxetamine may cause rapid onset of neurological impairment, characterised by acute cerebellar toxicity. Spontaneous recovery was observed, but the duration of recovery may extend to several days. Presentation with an acute cerebellar toxidrome should alert clinicians to the possibility of methoxetamine exposure."

Thanks for the details and perspective.

Last edited by xiaobendan; 03-02-2013 at 16:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-02-2013, 13:13

Male from United States
thedeadlyamanita should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaobendan View Post
Afoaf's dog recently got back into MXE in big way over the last month.

He had no issue with it the first time he had purchased it because he had only used a gram or two over a few weeks.

Well since the 26th of December he has used nearly 9 grams of it, yes a very stupid thing to do. But he's had his winter holidays and has had a lot of time to spare. He just fell into a binge.

Over the last week or so he's barely taken a day off though, usually using 500mg over the course of a day. So in the last 8days he peaked at using near 4grams. Well he started having bad headaches on the right side of his brain. The tinnitus in his ears has been constant. Although he got those symptons at low doses recently they've become more pronounced.

Yesterday he started feeling very hot and his palms were very sweaty, considering its winter it was unusual to notice that his kindle has beads of sweat all over it. Later in the day he nearly dosed 5-meo-mipt by accident, he dabbed his finger into a wrap tasted maybe 2mg or less nothing more. Well he was already having heavy dissociation but it really started to get heavy after. The MXE had been doing fuck all recently even at 500mgs or more. The pressure and pain in his head shifted to the center of his forhead and around to the right of his head. A very unusual light headed feeling as well. His vison became very bright and fuzzy like he was about to go blind or something.

He felt numbness in his left foot and kind of walked with a bit of a gait. Then at 1am last night the ringing in his ears went up to a very high pitch and his head really buzzed like cicadas(more so that he has gotten at high doses). But remember this was nearly 6 hours after his last dose. The vibrations and noised usually are on his left side. Now this actually started to scare him. His whole right leg started to go numb and his penis was very shrivelled(not an effect he usually gets off MXE). The tingling pressure behind his ears and general feeling of ones brain cooking just added terribly to the mix.

So he had to get out of bed, the sensation in his forehead and vibrations and cicada like noise on his right side had him thinking he was on the verge of a stroke. He got some hot water and placed his right foot into it to allow blood flow to his foot and leg. He thought it may have been vasocontraction.

A month ago he had done over a gram in one session and had a major transdimentional experience were he literally was walking and feeling new realities. Creating worlds and vast cities in his imagination that were experienced at clear and present reality. It was a feeling like being god. He spoke to entities and had a classic NDE but he knew he wasn't in danger of actuall dying. It was just peak dissociation.

That experience put him off for using for 10days because of the powerful ache in his left lob and the over powering tinnitus in his ears. After that ten day break he started using again at only 200-300mg a day. But as said about the last ten day binge peaked with last nights stroke like sensation.(Edit; days later now, he feels no tinnitus, numbness in leg or anyheads ached, but he still thinks he pushed it too close to a hospital visit)

The ringing has gone down in his head and his right leg is not so numb. The pain it not strong in his right or left side now however there is a strange sensation in the front of his forehead. However when he does exercise he gets tired easier and a slight ringing starts in his ear.

He will bin his last bit of Mxe and call it a day with dissociatives. Although he used Ketamine years ago and head few or no side effects he feels that MXE in more dangerous. In stays in the system much longer probably increasing whatever damage that short acting dissociatives cause.

He doesn't know if the tiny bit of 5-meo-mipt has any part in last nights events. As said his blood pressure was way up and his level of dissociation was unusual high compared to the last few days. That was all before the 5-meo-mipt. It might have been a toxic build up in the brain after the last few days.

He doesn't even think going to the doctor is worth it. He's in a developing country and has little respect for the local hospitals even in good old Dublin he doubts they could shed any light on what happened.

Please respect these very new and untested subtances, we know no nothing about there toxicity or any side effects they may cause.
holy god man! your friends dog is lucky as all hell after doing 9 grams of the stuf in less than a month.
my own friend has a cat that did 2 grams which lasted a full 10 days of almost complete dissociated bliss/terror. the cat tells me that the only times he left the Mhole were twice to sleep and once to run an important errand of legal matter and even then he says there were significant dissociative symptoms making acting normal a challenge at best... during the first perriod of sleep, <reached with much difficulty>he was awoken suddenly with a VERY uncomfortable body buzzing and really high pitched ringing of the ears. he says that it was as if his whole body was on fire with each nerve screaming in distress while his brain seemed to be having some serious neuro-toxicity signs. almost like his brain was melting. the cat also seems to recall tremors and sweating heavily while freezing his ass off as if in a very HIGH fever. this is not he first time he has had this from prolonged HIGH dose use of dissociative use<the first being from a 4 day run on the fabled DXM's Sigma plateau> but every time this has occured <3 or 4 times i think> were after extreme, prolonged, high dosing and only after having come down and returning to near baseline and finally getting some sleep. he says it is always scary as hell to suddenly awake to the feeling of what seems like dying while somehow quite dissociated when nearly sober at the time of having fallen to sleep shortly before. some food/water was forced and self calming done and the feeling is said to have passed after some degree of time.

as a side note the cat mentioned the strong taste of metal and a feeling of licking a nine volt upon the initial dosing along with the sudden excretion of Very large amounts of really puzzling, thick, sticky and foamy fluid from the lungs following in the first few minutes after IV injection. Can anyone help explain or offer insight to this???

Don't quote a whole post man, no need!
Old 12-02-2013, 09:40
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Earth
joefear is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

in the past few weeks afoaf has been vaping eyeballed amounts with tolerance. this roa is very wasteful. no more than 60mg of vaping at any given session and waiting until effects subside.
afoaf has noticed blurred / tunnel vision with the rush. this is very alluring and makes afoaf want to stop cold Turkey.
if you know a friend that is feeling the attractiveness that mexxy will give, then please, err with caution. these waters are still not very charted. esp with chronic usage.
afoaf has rounded off their 10g baggie at an exponential rate and is now in the process of weening off so to not allow complications to arise from wd's.
afoaf will keep everyone informed on this process....

Share this on:

Tags
drugs, methoxetamine, methoxetamine long term effects, methoxetamine side effects, mxe