Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Deliriant antihistamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Deliriant antihistamines Diphenhydramine, cyclizine and other antihistamines.

Old 13-07-2007, 10:29
Banned

Male from United States
Practical_Toker is heading for the Darwin Award.Practical_Toker is heading for the Darwin Award.
Re: Doxylamine succinate for recreation?

i'm an insomniac, missed my shrink appt. so i got no meds.
so i bought some sleep aide.
doxylamine succinate though, i stopped liking diphenhydramine
i was intrigued to find while my nyquil has only 6.25mg of it per serving these pills have 25mg. each
i've read quite a bit about it now, i rather like this drug. some people claim it has recreational potential while others say nay.
personally i think it does. i've read of people taking in excess of 100mg. at once without any harmful side effects.
as with diphenhydramine a doxylamine overdose will cause hallucinations (ones that you think are real) and a delerium comparable to psychosis. (this is if you manage to stay awake. whenever i'd taken a mass amount of diph the hallucinations and forgetting everything every 5 seconds got to be too much and i was thankful that i could just shut it off and go to sleep).
i took 50mg. tonight, think i'll stay awake as long as possible, then sleep as long as possible... should be nice...
Old 13-07-2007, 12:56
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Swim finds that at high doses doxylamine doesn't quite cause the delerium that diphenhydramine does.It has more of a sedative feel,but not anywhere on the level of a benzodiazepine.Swim basically takes doxylamine succinate for not being able to sleep but putting himself "out of it"always has an appeal and if he doesn't have anything more appealing the unisom will have to do.

Practical Toker you should read the rules especially those concerning self incrimination.
Old 13-07-2007, 22:45
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Australia
Tortoise is a decent psychonaut.Tortoise is a decent psychonaut.

Swim finds doxylamine knock his socks off every time for about 18hours. Tired as hell, but not much fun to be had at all.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:53
Banned

Male
sarbanes is a decent psychonaut.

I've tried every anti-histamine under the sun. Pyrilidine maleate B4 it was pulled. Phenothiazine strong types. Hydroxalizine, ect. Now, I have tried all the (supposed) non centrals, including the prototype (Hismanal) brand, B4 it was pulled (safety reasons). Allegra, Claritin, Zertec. Also the more common centrals like diphenhydramine, meclazine, cyclazine, triprolidine, etc. Then there is Doxylamine Succinate, and this boys & girls, stands out above all the others, and EVEN hydroxalizine IMHO. Doxylamine will make me sleep sounder than Ambien or Lunesta, or even valium or temazepam. And it is a super nice junk food type rest/nod. It really feels sort of like the kind of sleep you get when you missed sleep, and the next day, you can't stay awake in class. It is a wonderful sleep. But it lasts way long, and has a pretty bad hangover. But as far as how effective it is - it is absolutely the best. Bet it owuld blend nicely with mU agonist.
Old 21-10-2007, 11:22
Banned

Male from United States
Practical_Toker is heading for the Darwin Award.Practical_Toker is heading for the Darwin Award.

my tolerance to drugs is terrible. caffeine has no effect on me and i was quite dismayed that doxylamine didn't either. i'd take it and not feel anything, take a bunch and just get a stomach ache.
then i found out its intranasal bioavailability and started railing them. it's the only way i can get them to have an effect on me and even then it's hardly sedating. it just helps me sleep. i can stay awake as long as i like or i can lay down and go to sleep. good for when i just need a little coercing to hit the hay.
on the other hand there's diphenhydramine which i find to be much more sedating. this stuff doesn't HELP me sleep it MAKES me sleep. similar to my seroquel but a lot weaker.
i took a dose of diph, then a friend came over to eat my dxm. so i took the dxm, took a caffeine pill, the diph kicked in and boy was it hard to stay awake. the sedation built and built until my eyes started goin cross.
then, suddenly, the sedation completely vanished (the dxm must've kicked in). i felt like i'd accomplished something. it was a struggle but i beat the diph, lol.
oh yea, but this is about doxys... they're nifty, no hangover for me, just a bit too weak. i've been going through these like nothin, snorting one every night for the past few nights. i have about 6 unisoms left and only 2 simply sleep (benadryl). i've been waiting to take those last 2 for a time i feel i really need them. as long as i can get by with doxys i will...
although... i do not like the dreams it gives me. being crazy/depressed all the time like i am my dreams always suck anyway, many times waking up feeling like crying or killing myself, and doxylamine definitely doesn't help.
but it's either deal with depressing dreams or go psycho from sleep deprivation... neither's a very pleasant prospect...
Old 23-05-2009, 03:57

Male from United States
hork is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagognog2 View Post
Doxylamine will knock you flat - that's a given. Hence it's a major ingredient of NyQuil. The product is sold under the premise it will shut you up and make you sleep. See the ads: Barking, coughing miserable husband in bed. Wife can't sleep through his cacophony of a rhino-virus. Feeds hubby some NyQuil. He passes out. Wife sleeps with smile on her face.

Don't play with NyQuil, kids. It also contains a full dose of acetaminophen per dose - 1 gram. You'll sleep - but your liver and kidneys will hate you.

Nyquil Cough only contains doxylamine and DXM, i use it sometimes just as a sleeping aid.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:15

Male from United States
Moeman921 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%
Re: Recreational Use of Doxylamine Succinate?

i quit drinking recently and was having some withdrawls and it definatly took the edge off
Old 31-10-2009, 06:07

30 y/o Male
dnbjedi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

swim be honest, swim suffer from chronic anxiety, ridiculous physical panic attacks... a very haunting problem that keeps him awake at night and has swim working with like 2 hours of sleep,... alot of the symptoms he get make it hard to breathe, and hes been dealing with it for about 7 years now, well this chemical has come through for swim many nights when he couldnt find something ...so called "proper"

all swim can say to me is, its more then just a sleeping aid.

but he caution dont take too much its pretty strong btw....

*sleepy smile*
Old 17-05-2010, 02:08

Male from United States
Jacob420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

I have used doxylamine recreationally many times, this high can work for some people but it comes at the price of physical discomfort(especially in my knees) which is similar to dipenhydramine/dimenhydrinate, there has been some times on this when i just really wanted it to end. It feels kind of like you have been awake for several days. The hallucinations are definately there but they are simple, not seeing things that arent there, just enhanced visuals, like pixelation, morphing objects, tinting, visual disturbances, flashing, etc. i have taken as many as 20 pills and i saw a door knob sink to the bottom of the door, you probably shouldnt try it though.
Old 17-05-2010, 07:38

24 y/o Male
Demon69120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Funny you say this, after swim became a diphenhydramine fanatic and loved the "trip" he was wondering the same thing.

Taking 25mg used to knock swim out, while diph didn't.

He might go experiment for you guys... but I'm almost positive you won't get a trip, only a knock out.

Swim took a bunch of nyquils to get DXM but the dose he had also had roughly 75mg of doxlyamine succinate as well as some acetaminophen which made him a little sick.

Basically, he had 15 nyquils which had that 225mg of DXM and 75 doxy.

In an hour, he just fell out on the couch, more tired than ever before, and it was literally impossible to stay awake. He woke up 4 hours later thinking it was actually 16 hours later high as hell from the dxm (swim is a little over 100 lbs) and had trouble walking he was so dizzy. No hallucinogenic effects, just drunk, and then he passed out again til the next morning he had to stay home because he still felt it. (probably most of this is from the dxm, I believe the 75mg doxy just made me fall asleep, dizzy, and a little confused).

Recreational? No. But if you are one of the people like swim just wanting to escape in what ever way it does a good job making you sleep hard in large doses. Leave it alone recreationally I'd say.
Old 20-05-2010, 11:58
Silver Member

Male from Australia
Midnite_Maniak is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1

Swim has been taking doxy recreationally for about 6 months.

Swim takes about 150mg just to get "spaced out" which is what swim loves, though understands swiy's might not like it.
Swim gets really bad restless legs and joint tremors while coming "up" on doxy which is very annoying but at the same time is good as you know its happening

swim would not go overboard with doxy, and just thinks it should be used for being "knocked out" and being "spacey". It is very strong though so start with 25 mg.

Swim drops 125mg at work (he works in a office) and has a coffee and zones out to music on you tube
Old 29-05-2010, 04:41
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Ego Loss is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Swim tried to use it once as a recreational drug or experiment, swim and his bud took 10 pills = 250mg of doxylamine succinate. Swim did it probably 2 years ago but doesn't remember having any hallucinations, just extreme yawning and sleepiness and trying to stay awake all day. Challenging but not recreational to say the least, or for swim atleast. Compared to taking 1150mg of dramamine/generic benadryl pills 25mg each, that shit destroyed swim as a sane human being. No man should deal with seeing there dead great grandmother come out of the basement floor in the dark, while at your friends house and having your spirit lifted.
Old 22-12-2012, 06:59

29 y/o Male from United States
PoopCoveredVagina is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

To let everyone know... Doxylamine Succinate snorted is definitely better bioavailability than taking it orally. The only thing that sux when you snort this stuff it burns so bad!!! What I used to do was to Crush it up Add about 1cc of water
Stir as much as possible. You will have a cloudy liquid.
Cook the liquid a little not to boiling point but close(just untill you see the powder sink and seperate from the powder...
Then suck it up in a syringe...(Make sure you cut the needle off or remove the needle.)
Use the liquid that is sucked up in syringe as a nasal spray... still burns but much less and easier to stomach.

IV'ing Doxylamine Succinate just makes the injection site irritated and causes red spots and it doesn't get you more sleepy, as to the way I listed above to prepare a nasal spray works much better and causes you to nod and/or pass out...

If your looking for a nod you will! trust me...
Orally BA: is 30%
Nasal BA: is something like 70%
Old 06-01-2013, 06:26
Silver Member

Female from Earth
roo-keeper is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

A little addition - I have been getting very bad leg cramps since back surgery in 2000. Tried everything to relieve them, RX, OTC and old wives tales working with my doctor. She mentioned it to someone at a conference who told her to try doxylamine succinate. I was desperate so I gave it a go. I knocked me out.

Now, 13 years later, it still turns me into a zombie for 24 hours after taking 25mg (I have a very high tolerance to everything else), but it stops the cramps. I limit it to max twice a week as I hate what it does to me the following day.
Old 04-07-2013, 00:17
Silver Member

Male from Spain
lophophora is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

frequent user but use it for insomnia 50 mg and dont notice any hallucinations
Doxylamine is a Antihistamine which causes drowsiness. in the country i live its sold over the counter as sleep medication.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:18
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
Bregowine is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Old thread lol.

It has some recreational value for sure...mostly to zone out if that's your thing. If you want certain things to speed up, like school or work. Kinda like being midded to me. Or if you just want to watch a movie and get into a chill out of it state (personally I think DPH is better for this if you're going for a headspace). The mild delirium is somewhat nice...but again, it's "mild". Definitely different than sober though.

Kind of one of those things you have to cycle every month or so...tolerance takes a while to recede and you don't want to go to high...dat muscle deterioration lol.
Old 26-12-2013, 03:00

Male from United States
theguythatsmokesloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagognog2 View Post
Doxylamine will knock you flat - that's a given. Hence it's a major ingredient of NyQuil. The product is sold under the premise it will shut you up and make you sleep. See the ads: Barking, coughing miserable husband in bed. Wife can't sleep through his cacophony of a rhino-virus. Feeds hubby some NyQuil. He passes out. Wife sleeps with smile on her face.

Don't play with NyQuil, kids. It also contains a full dose of acetaminophen per dose - 1 gram. You'll sleep - but your liver and kidneys will hate you.
Vicks nyquil does not have acetaminophen in it at all I have a bottle right in front of me I read the whole bottle every work 2 times no where on it does it say acetaminophen they would not put a painkiller in a cough syrup.

Share this on:

Tags
delirium, doxylamine, doxylamine succinate, snorting drugs