Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Amphetamine Amphetamine AKA speed

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-10-2012, 17:01
Apocrypha8 Apocrypha8 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 19-07-2011
23 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 76
Apocrypha8 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%
Vyvanse short acting and lazy

Hello all, I(Not using SWIM as I am not doing anything incriminating, I have a prescription for ADHD) was just prescribed Vyvanse 20mg. It usually lasts about four hours, then I get tired. Heres how it goes:


7:00AM: Take Vyvanse and get ready for school

8:00AM: Gym starts, and I feel incredibly tired and lazy, no effects.

9:00AM: I am in Math, and I feel a little talkative with a small dab of energy, but it lasts for only 15 or 20 minutes.

9:45AM: I feel tired and no energy whatsoever.

This drug only lasts for 4 hours on me, even though I heard it is supposed to last 6-12.

Is this common for anyone? Feeling lazy an hour or so after you take it?

Thanks all, and if I am still not allowed to not use SWIM when I am not incriminating myself, please delete the thread and I will repost.
  #2  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:12
PressXForSex PressXForSex is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 31-07-2012
20 y/o Male from Canada
Posts: 67
PressXForSex should review received reputation comments.
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Vyvanse short acting and lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocrypha8 View Post
Hello all, I(Not using SWIM as I am not doing anything incriminating, I have a prescription for ADHD) was just prescribed Vyvanse 20mg. It usually lasts about four hours, then I get
Is this common for anyone? Feeling lazy an hour or so after you take it?

Thanks all, and if I am still not allowed to not use SWIM when I am not incriminating myself, please delete the thread and I will repost.
Well first off you will not feel energized and up seeing as how you have ADHD. 20mg is also a very low dose and it is near impossible for vyvanse to only work for 4 hours.. infact im pretty sure it is impossible. Anyway this is how my day goes when i want to do vyvanse during school i get up and take 2 of my 30mg vyvanse's that are perscribed to me and i have petty severe Add. Im only suppose to take 1 though. i take it at around 8 o clock and by the time 9 30 comes around i definatly feel a difference with myself, almost euphoric and good feeling in a way i really enjoy it it lasts till about 11 30 - 12... Then i become tired but very focused i yawn alot for the rest of the day but very very focused and not fidgety whatsoever which is the point of the ADHD medicine. I also just love sitting in class and giving myself body buzz's i can control giving myself body buzz's on vyvanse its very weird but back to the poin Vyvanse lasts up to 14 hours buddy sooo its deffinatly working and doing it proper job.
  #3  
Old 10-10-2012, 06:24
llamaalex llamaalex is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 07-09-2012
Male from United States
Posts: 5
llamaalex is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Re: Vyvanse short acting and lazy

Have you recently started taking Vyvanse? During my first few days taking it(30mg at that point), at about 4pm-ish(took it at 7:0am), I'd crash. After about a week, I stopped crashing. Just give it some time.

llamaalex added 10 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Also, you won't feel the effects for 2-3 hours(part of the reason I switched to Adderall XR). As for how long it stays in your system, Vyvanse breaks down into down into dextroamphetamine(which is the drug) slowly, so it does last longer than most ADD meds. & 20mg is a pretty low dose, so a higher dose will last longer.

Last edited by llamaalex; 10-10-2012 at 06:24. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #4  
Old 03-11-2012, 16:01
1a000 1a000 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 24-06-2012
Male from Brazil
Posts: 10
1a000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Vyvanse short acting and lazy

Wow, something actually really similar happens to me.
I started taking vyvanse 1 month and a week ago, in the beggining, i was taking 30mg and it lasted from 8 am to 5pm, but rapidly it started to work less and less. in a week, i was crashing at 1pm, so I told my doctor, and he changed me to 50mg. With 50mg i was crashing at about 3pm, but after 2 or 3 days i was crashing at 12am-1pm again (besides feeling much less concentrated during the time it was acting) so i took 200mg of DXM as an NDMA antagonist, and the day after i took 50mg and it worked really well for about 10 hours. The following days, though, the effects slowly became more and more like before i took the DXM. You can call me irresponsible for this, i actually was, but i had exams, couldn't afford not to study, so i took DXM again a week after that and the effects once again lasted more and more effectively.
I will be seeing my doctor this week, and I will tell him about this and maybe suggest using a different NDMA antagonist dialy, such as magnesium or mamantine
  #5  
Old 03-11-2012, 18:06
PressXForSex PressXForSex is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 31-07-2012
20 y/o Male from Canada
Posts: 67
PressXForSex should review received reputation comments.
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Vyvanse short acting and lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1a000 View Post
Wow, something actually really similar happens to me.
I started taking vyvanse 1 month and a week ago, in the beggining, i was taking 30mg and it lasted from 8 am to 5pm, but rapidly it started to work less and less. in a week, i was crashing at 1pm, so I told my doctor, and he changed me to 50mg. With 50mg i was crashing at about 3pm, but after 2 or 3 days i was crashing at 12am-1pm again (besides feeling much less concentrated during the time it was acting) so i took 200mg of DXM as an NDMA antagonist, and the day after i took 50mg and it worked really well for about 10 hours. The following days, though, the effects slowly became more and more like before i took the DXM. You can call me irresponsible for this, i actually was, but i had exams, couldn't afford not to study, so i took DXM again a week after that and the effects once again lasted more and more effectively.
I will be seeing my doctor this week, and I will tell him about this and maybe suggest using a different NDMA antagonist dialy, such as magnesium or mamantine
As like any drug as soon as you've been on your plateau for a bit you will start coming down because your body is tantalizing this no drug will keep its full strength on until you comedown. Vyvanse is suppose to be a soft comedown so you dont crash hard.. So it slowly wears off but the focus aspects are still there so your able to concentrate vyvanse keeps me decently concentrated for about 8-12 hours depends on the day.
  #6  
Old 05-11-2012, 01:47
1a000 1a000 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 24-06-2012
Male from Brazil
Posts: 10
1a000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Vyvanse short acting and lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressXForSex View Post
As like any drug as soon as you've been on your plateau for a bit you will start coming down because your body is tantalizing this no drug will keep its full strength on until you comedown. Vyvanse is suppose to be a soft comedown so you dont crash hard.. So it slowly wears off but the focus aspects are still there so your able to concentrate vyvanse keeps me decently concentrated for about 8-12 hours depends on the day.
That's not what happens to me though, i can usually feel it going down a little bit after 2-3 hours of effect, but after 6 or 7 hours it just goes away completely. I have ADHD, and it's really easy for me to notice, because when this happens i get even more distracted than before using it for a few hours. It's like I'm studying, and after some time (about 5:30-6:00 hours after effects started) I start getting a little distracted then i get really hungry, i go eat something. when I come back I can't concentrate at all.
  #7  
Old 08-11-2012, 23:24
PressXForSex PressXForSex is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 31-07-2012
20 y/o Male from Canada
Posts: 67
PressXForSex should review received reputation comments.
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Vyvanse short acting and lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1a000 View Post
That's not what happens to me though, i can usually feel it going down a little bit after 2-3 hours of effect, but after 6 or 7 hours it just goes away completely. I have ADHD, and it's really easy for me to notice, because when this happens i get even more distracted than before using it for a few hours. It's like I'm studying, and after some time (about 5:30-6:00 hours after effects started) I start getting a little distracted then i get really hungry, i go eat something. when I come back I can't concentrate at all.
6-7 hours is about when mine goes away to its because vyvanse has a half life of around 8 hours. But i find it near impossible that his effects are completly gone withing 3 hours. I find after 2 hours that empathetic love feeling goes away and i stay on a steady plateau for a few more hours, but even later on i find the effects are still there a bit, with a little caffeine i find it brings me back up a bit for when im studying so when i get home i have a cup of tea and t also helps with the upset stomach issues which is a common side effect. I have really bad ADHD to trust me lol, whenever im on it at school which is like 2-3 times a week my friends notice a big difference. But 2-3 hours for complete duration of vyvanse is a bit ridiculous if you ask me,theres a reason why they this drug is so widely given to patients with ADD. Even my girlfriend with a ridiculously fast metabolism feels the effect way longer than this. Lets just say we pop a cap of molly each shes always the first one to come up and start feeling it withing 30 minutes which is pretty quick for a capsule.
  #8  
Old 12-11-2012, 23:01
1a000 1a000 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 24-06-2012
Male from Brazil
Posts: 10
1a000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Vyvanse short acting and lazy

PressX, I don't want to start a personal debate with you here, so I'll just ask you to read my post again, in it's entirety. After you do soo, you will realise you have misunderstood me, since I never said the effects were gone in 3 hours, I it lasted 6 or 7 hours in wich I could concentrate fine. 2-3 hours is the period in wich the effects are stronger, wich, actually, sound a lot like your experience, since you said : "I find after 2 hours that empathetic love feeling goes away and i stay on a steady plateau for a few more hours".

The problem for me is that those 6-7 hours are far from enough, I have to study a lot, and sometimes I have classes for up to 10 hours a day, besides all the homeworks and studying home
  #9  
Old 25-12-2012, 19:33
sickboy81 sickboy81 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 16-12-2012
33 y/o Male from USA - Pennsylvania
Posts: 8
sickboy81 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
Re: Vyvanse short acting and lazy

i too have problem of it wearing off early i also noticed its ok for work i work in meat dept and doesn't require to much concetration but it helps me stay on task. i noticed though if im not working like busy work im tired antsy and feel like i should be fixing somthing or some kind of mindless work. I would like to go to school to learn a trade or somthing i dont see this drug helping as a study aid i am actually very forgetful on it things i should remember i forget like employee id # i punch in daalily and picking kid up at school. Ritalin works better for me but side effects are a bitch is f ocalin any better cause this is to e xpensive and not worth the money for the results that i am gettilng from it i slept like 18 hrs the other day after i took a 20 mg adderall the dr prescribed as a booster it was like i took a trazedone i was so pissed i threw script out it waas teva brand so maybe it was the med was bad.
  #10  
Old 21-11-2013, 12:06
Whiteboy123 Whiteboy123 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 20-12-2012
Male from Canada
Posts: 93
Whiteboy123 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1
Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5%
Re: Vyvanse short acting and lazy

I use vyvanse for recreational usage.
But obviously, if you are taking as prescribed that is great to, I wish you the best of luck.
I take quite a larger amount than you, but it generally lasts the same amount of time. When you are taking larger amounts the effects will last longer, however the real "meat" of the high I would say is around 4 hours. If your doctor increases your dosage over time, which is what many do, because they have to work you up to a dosage which works for you and be safe, and not accidentally get you high and addicted. If you only plan on using vyvanse as prescribed, then I would suggest listening to everything that you doctor says and being careful.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, adhd, amphetamine, l-lysine, vyvanse

Thread Tools


» New Threads
Anyone pass a lab test 48-55 hours...
Last post by dugi187
11 Replies, 441 Views
Heroin Holiday- taking a break
Last post by junkiegirl110
0 Replies, 1 Views
Heroin Holiday?
Last post by junkiegirl110
5 Replies, 181 Views
Interpreting EZtest results
Last post by Ghetto_Chem
10 Replies, 163 Views
dope sick
Last post by Egyaddict
5 Replies, 308 Views
My phenibut trials. Non-responder?
Last post by batman12
14 Replies, 417 Views
Music Production, drugs to take...
Last post by Hipsta
6 Replies, 165 Views
Valium against anxiety (codeine...
Last post by LadySue
3 Replies, 68 Views
Heroin changing color when...
Last post by Egyaddict
0 Replies, 1 Views
What drugs mix the best with...
Last post by noddynodderson
8 Replies, 525 Views
» New Wiki Articles

Sitelinks: Information:

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:28.


Copyright: SIN Foundation 2003 - 2014, All rights reserved
"Wiki" powered by VaultWiki v3.0.20 PL 1.