Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 25-12-2010, 01:39

26 y/o Male from United States
at4r4xis is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Suboxone 7 days+ How many days until you can use oxycodone efficiantly?(more details)

Theres more to this general question;

This isnt exactly the same question asked over and over again- I believe that if you try to take oxycodone while on suboxone that it with screw up the possibility of any effects after stopping the suboxone. In short, it may take longer to achieve desired effects if you keep trying to make the oxy work.

you kind of build a tolerance without any effects while you are trying to stop using suboxone. So far I have found that it is best not to try and push anything and just wait it out until you feel it is right to try and use full agonists efficiantly. short term use of suboxone is not as difficult as the long term use, in terms of trying to make other opiates work but tolerance to it builds quickly. 60 mg of oxycodone was used today unsuccessfully after having taken the last of a 7 day+ 2mg suboxone plan (1mg taken yesterday-18 hours ago) I will post results to show whats going on.
Old 25-12-2010, 02:51
Banned

Male from Mexico
Killa Weigha is on the way upKilla Weigha is on the way upKilla Weigha is on the way up
Re: Suboxone 7 days+ How many days until you can use oxycodone efficiantly?(more deta

Hey, welcome. This thread explains 99% of what your friend wants to know.
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=151237
Basically, subs inhibit uptake by blocking opiate receptors in the brain. You're wasting your good drugs, IMO.

Post Quality Evaluations:
concise answer and a good redirect!
Old 25-12-2010, 02:57

Re: Suboxone 7 days+ How many days until you can use oxycodone efficiantly?(more deta

the alternate receptor docking idea makes a lot of sense. how its a respirtory thing only..very neat. my friend is experimenting with the OP ones to see which method of use is best. i would like results though so that is why I brought it up and will post results of the experience for the triggering of the alternative receptor or whathaveyou.
Old 26-12-2010, 06:03

10am dec 25th,
slight breakthrough. 30-40% effectiveness followed by a strange deep sleep.
again at 10pm, 10-20% effectiveness. each had its itchness as well and dysphoria.
Old 14-01-2011, 01:19
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

Since the half-life is 36 hours, and it builds up in your system, IMO a good 2 to 3 days.

Methadone is different, if one takes 4mg in the AM and about 50mg of methadone at night, one will feel it. That's because methadone competes with the receptors and half way wins. After 2 days the full effect of the long acting opiate can be felt.

Then wait till your a little sick, and according to some, take a Suboxone and you will feel no withdrawals. That is after a 4-5 day binge on any opiate.

salgoud
Old 15-01-2011, 02:50
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male from United States
SyntheticSatori is learning how to become a psychonaut.

SWIM has been on Suboxone for several months now, started taking 16 mg for a few weeks, then down to 8 mg for like 2 months, just cut down to 4 mg/day about 5 days ago. If SWIM waited 48 hours, would a 60 mg IV dose of oxycodone get SWIM high?
Old 15-01-2011, 18:25
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.

People on Suboxone go back and forth all the time. The less Suboxone one takes the shorter the wait. Because of the build up of Sub in the body, I would think one would want to wait until mild withdrawals set in. Of course, it defeats the purpose of Suboxone treatment, but when I see others wanting to feel a real agonist euphoria, 48 hours would be enough, if a person could make it that long. Suboxone W/D's are pretty bad, even jumping off at 2mg. They usually set in 36 hours after the last dose.

salgoud
Old 15-01-2011, 21:42

SWIM knows that on doses of around 2 mg, he barely needs to wait 20-30 hours to get a great rush from a decent IV dose.
Old 16-01-2011, 19:39
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Eden is captain of the psychonauts.Eden is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 255, Level: 2 Points: 255, Level: 2 Points: 255, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

There is no empirical absolute number of hours that one can accurately state as an answer to this question. The one true way of knowing when someone can redose with a full-agonist and BEGIN to experience its full effect is by the level of withdrawal one is in. This varies greatly from person to person. For example, my pet monkey on my back knows from experience from being on his sub treatment for 3.5 yrs once that he has gone up 5 full days after stopping Sub. without needing ANY opiate of any kind to fend of withdrawals. One thing folks do have some control over is the ability to analyze and determine the level of withdrawal one might be in. Some are able to intuit this by knowing their body, others can rely upon scientific systems like the COWS scale:

http://www.naabt.org/documents/cows_...flow_sheet.pdf

NOTE:The COWS scale is generally used the other way around- when determing the correct time to induce Buprenorphine Treatment. However, it is just as accurate the other way around.
Old 17-01-2011, 19:11

SWIM just IV'ed 30 mg of oxycodone an hour ago. He had waited 48 hours since his last 4 mg dose of Suboxone. He got a slight rush, with feelings of warmth and relaxation immediately afterward, but the effects were certainly diminished compared to when he is not on Suboxone.

SWIM has been on Suboxone for 3 months now, a week ago reduced his dosage to 4 mg/day, so he thought he'd be good after 48 hours, but the Suboxone was definitely still blocking his receptors at least a little bit. He had felt just the slightest bit of withdrawals before doing the shot.

SWIM normally does 60 mg IV and did the 30 mg just to test it out so he didn't waste a full 60 mg. He was glad he did that.

SWIM will be IV'ing a full 60 mg of oxy once he reaches the 84 hour mark. That seems reasonable, considering he has only been taking 4 mg for the last week right?

He figures that since he did feel a slight rush and mild euphoria with half his normal dosage, if he gives it another 36 hours for the Suboxone to wear off, and doubles his dosage, he should be good. Is that a safe assumption?

SyntheticSatori added 1365 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Somewhere around 60 hours after my friend's last 4 mg dose of Suboxone, he woke up in the middle of the night with restless legs and watery eyes, yawning incessantly. At this point he proceeded to IV 60 mg of oxy, and got a pretty decent rush.

He has come to the conclusion that the only way to be sure you won't waste your drugs is to wait until you begin to feel withdrawal symptoms.

On a side note, after being on subs for 3 months, and seeing his entire life turn around, SWIM wonders why he needed to get high. It wasn't even that great, after an hour he was back to normal and down $60. This didn't stop him from going out and spending another $175 on oxys. He guesses that it's just the nature of the beast.

Last edited by SyntheticSatori; 17-01-2011 at 19:11. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-01-2011, 03:32
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Eden is captain of the psychonauts.Eden is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 255, Level: 2 Points: 255, Level: 2 Points: 255, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticSatori View Post
On a side note, after being on subs for 3 months, and seeing his entire life turn around, SWIM wonders why he needed to get high. It wasn't even that great, after an hour he was back to normal and down $60. This didn't stop him from going out and spending another $175 on oxys. He guesses that it's just the nature of the beast.

Yes, addiction is just that, a beast. What's that saying that goes something like," What is the definition of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?........"

Crazy isnt it? Even though you yourself have even stated along with myself and many others that you believe that in order for you to be able to experience a rush or high you would need to wait at least until mild withdrawals kicked in you still went ahead and tried it right??In the back of your mind you were thinking ,well maybe I will be different, or maybe everybody, including myself is wrong...hey I man, I've been there more times than I can count lol! Why do you think the OP started this thread?My guess is that at one point the OP was thinking the same thing...

However, without preaching in any way, dont forget that relapse is a part of recovery my friend. You are taking careful measures to reduce the possibility of harming yourself in ways that you may not have understood. That in itself is admirable.

Eden added 54 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by at4r4xis View Post
Theres more to this general question;

This isnt exactly the same question asked over and over again- I believe that if you try to take oxycodone while on suboxone that it will screw up the possibility of any effects after stopping the suboxone. In short, it may take longer to achieve desired effects if you keep trying to make the oxy work. You kind of build a tolerance without any effects while you are trying to stop using suboxone
This is an interesting point, however it is inherently flawed. In fact regardless of the amount of Oxycodone, depending upon how long you are on Suboxone, the exact opposite is quite possible. Please refer to the second page of the link I posted earlier. The reason for this is because Suboxone(Buprenorphine)competes with the receptor sight and has a higher affinity(stronger binding ability)than full agonist opioids and so it actually expels them and blocks others from attaching.

However, because Buprenorphine is a partial agonist it has a limited opioid effect(less intrinsic activity), enough to stop withdrawals but not enough to cause intense euphoria in properly-induced individuals. Because of this property, the receptor is occupied but not fully activated or excited. Over time (24-72hrs) buprenorphine dissipates but still creates a limited opioid effect(enough to prevent withdrawal) and continues to block other opioids from attaching to the opioid receptors. Now, throughout the entire process, it is important to point out the opioid receptors have been receiving only partial stimulation and have only been partially activated.

Not only has there not been any increase in tolerance of the original opiate drug (oxycodone in this example) but it is quite possible that in many cases,dependant upon duration, amount etc of buprenorphine, that the tolerance has actually been decreased.

Last edited by Eden; 18-01-2011 at 03:32. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-01-2011, 14:40
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo

The only time Suboxone should be stopped is if one need surgery. Coordinating this with your Sub doctor is important, so after the surgery, there is no question why one is positve for opiates.

Personally, I feel "no one" should go back and forth to Oxy's then back to Sub, etc. etc. Those on Suboxone are lucky to be on it in the first place. It is the beginning of a normal, "drug free?) life.

Chose one or the other. Suboxone can be the key to sobriety and a productive life. Sure coming on it is somewhat uncomfortable detoxong from it, but there are ways around it also. My friend who was a 38 year opiate users, felt he had an "Epiphany" when inducted. He is doing great, got a job, goes to support meetings, and it himself again.

I feel a break from Suboxone can be done safely once in a great while.

Keep the Faith,
salgoud
Old 23-01-2011, 21:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by salgoud View Post
The only time Suboxone should be stopped is if one need surgery. Coordinating this with your Sub doctor is important, so after the surgery, there is no question why one is positve for opiates.

Personally, I feel "no one" should go back and forth to Oxy's then back to Sub, etc. etc. Those on Suboxone are lucky to be on it in the first place. It is the beginning of a normal, "drug free?) life.

Chose one or the other. Suboxone can be the key to sobriety and a productive life. Sure coming on it is somewhat uncomfortable detoxong from it, but there are ways around it also. My friend who was a 38 year opiate users, felt he had an "Epiphany" when inducted. He is doing great, got a job, goes to support meetings, and it himself again.

I feel a break from Suboxone can be done safely once in a great while.

Keep the Faith,
salgoud
Of course, ideally, one would not switch back and forth. Unfortunately things don't always work out that way. Suboxone is practically a miracle drug in my mind and has given me opportunities I couldn't have had without it. However, there is something inside me that demands to be satisfied every once in a while.
Old 25-01-2011, 00:05
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo

That is the key, Buddy says also, once in awhile. It also depends on what agonist one takes.

Buddy says if he is on 4mg/Suboxone a day, and wait a day and a half, and then does 60mg of methadone, Buddy strips the receptors away with the strong methadone receptor. Or levorphanol. Or even H. Buddy needs two of it.

Buddy says it does take longer, before buprenorphine won't screw with your dose. It mainly shortens it. It maybe intense, but short.

Once a month Buddy does this. Everyone needs a break. Buddy's just not sure what he should say, cause he got a 15 point infraction for self-incrimination. Buddy is my Avatar.

salgoud
Old 26-01-2011, 21:37

suboxone is strange. ive had some weird experiences with it. like, if i wait 3 days after my last dose, everything is fine.BUT if i try to take something 24-48 hours after, i develop this terrible tolerance
Old 27-01-2011, 09:11
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo

Buprenorphine is a strong antagonist. It is somewhat weaker than Naltrexone. It's no wonder one had to wait 72 hours.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:13

Female from United States
mikzemaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1

So if SWIM feels w/d symptoms in the same day of using bupe, does that mean that most of the bupe cleared up already?

Let's say SWIM takes a dose of 10 mg suboxone in the morning and by night he feels the w/d kicking in, would he have to just fight through the w/d symptoms for another 30 plus hours just so that he can start enjoying his DOC again? note: this SWIM's 2nd time taking suboxone...
Old 08-03-2011, 04:04

28 y/o Male from United States
eggs should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikzemaj View Post
So if SWIM feels w/d symptoms in the same day of using bupe, does that mean that most of the bupe cleared up already?

Let's say SWIM takes a dose of 10 mg suboxone in the morning and by night he feels the w/d kicking in, would he have to just fight through the w/d symptoms for another 30 plus hours just so that he can start enjoying his DOC again? note: this SWIM's 2nd time taking suboxone...

hi, not to doubt you, but saw in another thread you made that your friend has been snorting oxycodone and started 3 months ago, having worked up to ~150 mg (correct if i'm wrong)

have a hard time believing your friend starts going into into WD the same day after taking 10 mg of suboxone that morning.. are you sure those doses are correct? (thats a pretty high dose of sub for the oxy use you described, i would think friend would be set for AT LEAST 24 hours)

regardless, if friend is indeed feeling WD's that early than a DOC should work, especially if hes only used suboxone twice, but yeah if he waited 30 hours it would work better.
Old 08-03-2011, 21:51

Female from United States
mikzemaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1

Yes thats correct but i wrote it wrong. My bad..It's 10 mg with 2 different doses. 8mg in the morning and 2mg at night when the w/d symptoms starts to kick in... Now the w/d symptoms aren't severe or anything, they are just very mild but still, there are w/d symptoms present so i assumed that still counts?
Old 09-03-2011, 02:36
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo

What Leo's been doing sparanly works. Suboxone the antagonist/agonist and the 60 mg methadones pure agonist.

So Leo takes 2mg that day, then takes some benzos and goes to bed. Morning time, Leo takes no Suboxone, and he lasts till 12 noon. Now he can do his goodies. People need a break once in a while. Leo has never relaspe from Sub.

salgoud
Old 09-03-2011, 17:35
Silver Member

44 y/o Male from Australia
habi2ual is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by salgoud View Post
What Leo's been doing sparanly works. Suboxone the antagonist/agonist and the 60 mg methadones pure agonist.

So Leo takes 2mg that day, then takes some benzos and goes to bed. Morning time, Leo takes no Suboxone, and he lasts till 12 noon. Now he can do his goodies. People need a break once in a while. Leo has never relaspe from Sub.

salgoud

Wombats concur with Leo insofar as benzo's aiding the journey with opiates to the desired state of mind however, be so so VERY careful when mixing the two.

Most opiate oD's down-under (over 50%, under 68%) where there is a fatality concerned involve benzodiazipines. The actual opiate is not the sole reason for death but in combination with and with a compromised asympathetic muscular execution, a recipe for sadness.

SSRI's (now i should've done my research here) i believe compromise tolerance to opiates.- Another risk involved when bouncing between agonists and antagonists is in the desire to achieve "effect", the dosing one administors to oneself can be fuelled by the knowlege the existing antagonist must be 'overidden' by an increase in size.

Very important point about mixing opiates and benzos - excellent post, well done :)
Old 10-12-2012, 23:29

23 y/o Female from United States
youngandbored1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

have been on 24 mg/day of suboxone for 2 weeks. waited only 12 hours since my last dose to slam 60 mg of oxycodone. it worked but definitely did not get the rush. i then waited an hour to slam 120 mg more oxycodone. got surprisingly high. feels like oxys were wasted a bit but got a good nod so maybe not. i think its different for everyone. suboxone is a tricky drug
Old 30-03-2013, 15:59

44 y/o Male from United States
Jpags70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

I BEEN clean 18 days. With help of suboxene. Been in and out of prison and rehabs my whole life.. It is time 4 me to grow up. Don't agree its a disease. It is nothing but a selfish desire. And ends up out of control. I have lost everything due to my use. Once was a bodybuilder. Now I fight a unseen battle everyday. But Clean today..

Jpags70 added 2 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngandbored1 View Post
have been on 24 mg/day of suboxone for 2 weeks. waited only 12 hours since my last dose to slam 60 mg of oxycodone. it worked but definitely did not get the rush. i then waited an hour to slam 120 mg more oxycodone. got surprisingly high. feels like oxys were wasted a bit but got a good nod so maybe not. i think its different for everyone. suboxone is a tricky drug
Make up ur mind.

Last edited by Jpags70; 30-03-2013 at 15:59. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-04-2013, 06:04
Silver Member

Male from United States
neverfailedtofail is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1

Hi. New here. Awesome and informational forum. Just saw above post about being on 24mg of
Sub is outrageous. At that dose it should have a pretty effective blockade. That however doesn't
mean you can go and shoot crazy doses,yes the euphoria is blocked but other properties like
respiratory depression are not blocked. You can still od. Also te bupe would makeit harder for
the emergency services to saveyou with naloxone. Doctors shouldn't be allowed to prescribe over
8mg per day. Its hard enough to taper from 8mg fuck, 3 times that. On top of that bupe being such
a different opioid at higher doses around 30-32mg supposedly it acts as an antagonist where as
doses around .3-1mg is known to act as more of a full agonist. Swim jumped off sub at 6mg which
was his dose for around 3months, and he will tellyou that wd was almost as bad as coming off 100mg
per day oxy, but for 45+ days. Needless to say he since relapsed and got some sub off the strreet. Two
8mg strips. Age 25,weight 135lbs,doc oxycodone and dillies,roa intranasal, dose 100-200mg per
day oxycodone about 50mg every 4-6hours for a yearish. This time ran out of oxy and had 2 subs.
Waited 15 hours after last pill. Some people take longer so don't fuck around and take sub too soon
you know what that'll bring. He'll just take the COWS test and once he scores a 10 or above, swim take 1mg of
sub and wait an hour and take another mg and so on til he feels better usually at 4mg. That's day one.
Day 2 he wakes up and takes 2mg.that night he takes another 2mg. Day 3 wakes up opens second
strip and takes 1/8 or 1mg. Then another eighth in the after noon and one more mg before bed.
So far that's 3days of detox with only 11mg used and 5mg left. Day 4 wakes up takes 1mg and takes
1mg before bed. Day 5 wakes up eats some cereal or something. He takes 1mg in the early afternoon.
He takes none before bed. Hard to fall asleep but nothing some benadryl won't help. Day 6 two mgs
of sub left. He takes 1mg intranasally by dissolving in water and using a dropper to carefully drip
it in his nose with his head tilted back and holds it in for as long as he can without it dripping into his
throat. He is very suprised with the results,he is fuckin pinnned and its dark now. Day 7 last mg of sub.
He cuts that in half so its .5mg and administers it the same way intrnasally in the morning. Day 8 same
thing, .5mg dripped into nose in as little water as possible. No more sub. He's pinned from that last .5mg

Most of the physical wd will be gone after this method he has found,now its the constant craving and
anxiety to deal with. Cake compared to acute wd though. Sub can be the devil in that the wd is so
long and intense if taken for more than a couple weeks. Its also a lot of doctors fault for putting
patients on over 8mg per day. It can be a miracle is used the way it is meant and that is as an aid to get
through the thick of it. If used the way explained for 10 or less days your body won't become
dependant. Using it for post acute wd is a bad idea especially at 24mg. Swim is gonna try some
kratom for the PAWS but again only for a short time. Sorry for the essay just want to help someone
else get opiate free pretty quick and almost painlessly. One last thing swim used kratom to bridge
the 24 hours before inducting with subs before and took sub only 5hours after kratom and 24 hours
after last oxy ir which is plenty of time for him to wait before sub. And yes swim found out the hard way
that kratom is indeed a sort of opioid. Can you say precipitated wd? 30min after the sub felt weird and
he became very sick,cold,diarehah, and severe tremors. Be fucking careful with buprenorphine. It
can be your best friend and get you through a very hard 7 days of detoxing. Or it can be satan himself
and you can see withdrawals that are almost as bad a methadone but a longer trip. Hope this helps
Peace, love, and marijuana.

Do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306

Share this on:

Tags
drugs forum, half life, opiates, suboxone, withdrawals

» New Threads
Need Help! - Methadone Withdrawal...
Last post by natey7
164 Replies, 24,262 Views
Today I Legally Purchased Cannabis...
Last post by D0pe