Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Nootropics
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Nootropics Smartdrugs, Brain boosters & Cognitive enhancers.

Old 30-11-2012, 18:15
Titanium Member

Male from Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Basoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,720, Level: 12 Points: 6,720, Level: 12 Points: 6,720, Level: 12
Activity: 22.9% Activity: 22.9% Activity: 22.9%
Open1: Phenibut sports drink: hmm thats one way to get repeat sales

I got a free coupon in a supplement order for a Phenibut "mood enhancement" energy drink. it shocked me a bit.. so I thought I'd share

OPEN1

Open1 is trademark of Chicago-based Synaptent LLC

About (from Open1's facebook)

Open1 supports feeling relaxed, positive and uplifted. Made with natural plant extracts. 2 refreshing flavors!

Description

Open1 is a healthy, mood-lifting tonic.

It is the first mood-lifting tonic on the market that actually works!

Open1 supports feeling relaxed, positive and uplifted.

Open1 is healthier because it has only 25 calories, 6 grams of sugar and 40 mg of caffeine per serving - less than energy drinks! It is totally alcohol free and is made with natural plant extracts, B-vitamins and stress releasing amino acids

Contents:

side of can.jpg otherside.jpg
  • Phenibut
  • Inositol
  • Gaba
  • Theanine
  • 5-HTP
  • Hordenine,
  • B vitamins.
  • 120 mg caffeine
  • 75 calories
  • 27 grams of carbs
  • 18 grams of sugars.
  • sweetened with cane sugar and Erythritol
comes in a slim 12 oz can that contains 3 servings (probably to keep the phenibut content reasonable per serving)
From what I can read on the back of the can pic attached it says : do not exceed 4oz per serving, 2 cans daily or 6 cans a week.
To ensure a steady flow of repeat customers they have made it available in a 6 pack
552437_370344756390265_1754827061_n.jpg
And to make sure everyone gets a taste: they have in store Samples!
lol.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks this is borderline unethical?

stress releasing amino acid = actually makes phenibut sound healthy

and saying its Made with natural plant extracts.. when the main active clearly is not a plant extract
depending on the phenibut content (id guess under 500mg a can..i hope) a unknowing individual could be hit with withdrawals.

If I find it I will review it.. but my tolerance is so high to phenibut I'd have to drink 4 cans

What cha think? ethical, unethical .. the beginning of the end of phenibut in America?

Post Quality Evaluations:
highly interesting development. Thanks for alerting the community
You bring important news all the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 486304_370343343057073_203768250_n.jpg (14.2 KB, 171 views)

Last edited by Basoodler; 30-11-2012 at 19:04.
Old 02-12-2012, 00:37
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Canada
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.
Re: Open1: Phenibut sports drink: hmm thats one way to get repeat sales

Highly unethical. Highly addictive substances like phenibut should be marked as such.

I am one for phenibut staying legal (I am a twice a week consumer), but hiding it in flashy products isn't right. This reminds me of the kratom alternative,where they place a bunch of weak herbs with kratom, and market it as a "chill drink". If anything will lead to the banning of these helpful drugs, it's this.

Great answer, this is just hurting all the potentially good substances.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:33
Mercury Member

Male from Russia
FS-Phen500 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.FS-Phen500 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Either the marketer doesn't have a clue about the long term effects of frequent phen consumption or they're idiots. I like the commercialization but not the marketing strategy.

Source discussion is only allowed in the sources forum.

Last edited by Mindless; 08-06-2014 at 22:32. Reason: Removed source discussion/request.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:49
Titanium Member

Basoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Yea. .. On amazon.com

Its not cheap! (price removed).

Quote:
Open1 Healthy Mood Lift - Cranberry Dragonfruit 1 Can + Mango Papaya 1 Can

Product Features

• Healthy Mood Lift that Really Works!
  • Just 25 Calories, 6g of Sugar, and 40mg of Caffeine per Serving
  • Made with Natural Plant Extracts and Stress Releasing Amino Acids
  • Totally Alcohol Free, Made with Natural Flavors
  • Delicious and Refreshing Flavors
He does not list phenibut on the ad on amazon

Quote:
Ingredients
Purified Carbonated Water, Cane Sugar, Erythritol, Celevate Blend, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Malic Acid, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Sucralose, Color

At the bottom where it says "Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" The choices are the other 2 sizes of open1 and three packages of Lift mode phinibut

Last edited by Mindless; 08-06-2014 at 22:26. Reason: removed reference to price.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:04

Male from Canada
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS-Phen500 View Post
Either the marketer doesn't have a clue about the long term effects of frequent phen consumption or they're idiots. I like the commercialization but not the marketing strategy. Do they do mail order?
Phenibut shouldn't be commercialized. It's too powerful and effective to be found in drinks that promote relaxation. Plus, it causes pretty big addiction, and ignorant people shouldn't be exposed to that. And the quality probably isn't the best. Nor the amount. Let's not even get into the price if it was commercialized.
Old 09-12-2012, 23:46

38 y/o Male from United States
luvrespectnrg should review received reputation comments.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

those greedy fuckers (the beverage producers) are going to get it banned.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:15
Titanium Member

Its made by what looks like a one man operation.. The company profile gives an address and says its an apartment.

It has to be backed by the same people who sell lift mode phenibut on amazon. The coupon was packaged with the lab results inside the plastic packaging from my last order of lift mode from amazon.

Last edited by Mindless; 08-06-2014 at 21:48. Reason: Removed link to commercial site.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:20
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
Impure157 is on the way upImpure157 is on the way upImpure157 is on the way up
Points: 323, Level: 2 Points: 323, Level: 2 Points: 323, Level: 2
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvrespectnrg View Post
those greedy fuckers (the beverage producers) are going to get it banned.
After reading that review above this is exactly my feeling on the subject. I mean phenibut is about as much of a dietary supplement as gabapentin is so it would not surprise me if this drink was the beginning of the end for phenibut
Old 10-12-2012, 13:13
Titanium Member

He is or was mailing out $30 gift cards to try it.. prepaid visa cards

Quote:
Open1 Earn $30 for trying Open1, our new mood-lifting tonic!

Purchase one can of Open1 at three different retailers, and mail copies of your receipts to open1@open1.com or OPEN1, 47 W. Polk St. STE100-241,Chicago IL60605, along with your mailing address, and we will mail you a$30 gift card!
I am tempted to email the fucker..or flame the shit out of his Facebook..I am torn on the issue.. drawing attention on Facebook may be unwanted attention if you know what I mean

Edit

email sent. Might be a good idea to at least point out the irresponsible marketing, false information etc. I'll update if he replies.

Last edited by Basoodler; 10-12-2012 at 14:19.
Old 10-12-2012, 16:40

Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoodler View Post
He is or was mailing out $30 gift cards to try it.. prepaid visa cards

I am tempted to email the fucker..or flame the shit out of his Facebook..I am torn on the issue.. drawing attention on Facebook may be unwanted attention if you know what I mean

Edit

email sent. Might be a good idea to at least point out the irresponsible marketing, false information etc. I'll update if he replies.
What tone did your email take? Were you aggressive like you planned or did you take more of a civilized approach?

And thank you for alerting him. Sure, he probably won't stop selling it just because one guy emailed him, but phenibut has been so safe legally that it would be a shame if something happened to it. I already stocked up for what seems to be a lifes worth, but many people out there might need.
Old 10-12-2012, 17:03
Titanium Member

A very civil tone. Just asking if he had researched the addiction potential and withdrawals before producing it. I just said it was a warning as this may warrant action from the FDA and I did not want to see anyone get in trouble
Old 10-12-2012, 17:08
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,756, Level: 21 Points: 21,756, Level: 21 Points: 21,756, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Addiction potential of phenibut, and also there is no warnings about anyone taking SSRI medications avoiding it because of the 5HTP content either.
Old 10-12-2012, 17:10
Chem|EB|DMT

Male from Earth
Gradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 12,588, Level: 16 Points: 12,588, Level: 16 Points: 12,588, Level: 16
Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoodler View Post
Its made by what looks like a one man operation.. The company profile gives an address and says its an apartment.

It has to be backed by the same people who sell lift mode phenibut on amazon. The coupon was packaged with the lab results inside the plastic packaging from my last order of lift mode from amazon
It's not necessarily backed by the same people; Lift Mode's certainly one of the more prolific phenibut vendors, and perhaps provides some of the largest bulk amounts. It's possible Open1 is just providing the same COA sheet Lift Mode provides because they're simply obtaining their phenibut from them, and believe it makes the product appear to be more legitimate.

It's indeed interesting that they do provide that sheet, however. Given the product doesn't disclose phenibut on their Amazon pages, but they do provide the COA sheet - the maker(s) know that phenibut is the main ingredient here.

Hope you'll update us on any response you receive.
Old 10-12-2012, 17:33
Titanium Member

I didn't get that it had phenibut from a data sheet.. it clearly said it on an open1 coupon that was packaged with the lift mode data sheet..

It clearly lists phenibut on the can if you look at the ingredient listing in that photo I posted. As well as on the open1 website, the product review does as well.

He just recently took the phenibut mention from his Facebook, and left it out on amazon
Old 10-12-2012, 17:39
Chem|EB|DMT

Male from Earth
Gradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 12,588, Level: 16 Points: 12,588, Level: 16 Points: 12,588, Level: 16
Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3%

Ah I misread your post. You may well be right - barring a deal between the two, Lift Mode may be getting pretty brazen with their products.
Old 10-12-2012, 18:20
Titanium Member

Well I will update if I get a reply.

@Ian, I did think to add the bit about 5htp.. darn it
Old 10-12-2012, 18:33
Titanium Member

22 y/o Female from Earth
Nanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,859, Level: 8 Points: 2,859, Level: 8 Points: 2,859, Level: 8
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

Quote:
and saying its Made with natural plant extracts.. when the main active clearly is not a plant extract.
It doesn't say made with 100% natural plant extracts.
Caffeine and sugar are both natural plant extracts which makes the statement I quoted true.
Old 10-12-2012, 19:57

35 y/o Male from Earth
Tripod79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I keep seeing Phenibut mentioned as a study aid but also that it knocks you out and puts you to sleep? Could someone clarify how it could be both?

Off topic question - please try to stick to the topic so threads don't lose focus
Old 10-12-2012, 20:15
Titanium Member

It doesn't knock you out at all.

About 45 - an hour after taking phenibut you get a very natural mood lift. A boost in focused energy. I feel as though I can think more clearly. It also reduces anxiety similar to a benzo like alazapram (xanax).

It boosts rem sleep and enhances dreams.. it doesn't help me fall asleep.. but it seems to allow me to stay asleep.

The effects seem to differ from person to person.

There are no noticeable bad side effects.. only good ones. For me.. that is if you don't take too much. Taking too much can result in a clearheaded drunk, loss of balance, cold sweat.. and other nasty smtoms

It can cause a person to have withdrawals after a very short term of use. The withdrawals are somewhat severe as far as those go.. and can last a week or more

Quick reply and useful info

Last edited by Basoodler; 10-12-2012 at 20:20.
Old 10-12-2012, 20:30
Palladium Member

38 y/o Female from United Kingdom
una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6
Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9%

Tripod, I had a search around and found these threads:

Mentions addiction & withdrawal
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...light=phenibut

titled guidelines but there is some disagreement, mentions alternatives

phenibut vs benzodiazepines

also, I found included ‘Phenibut causes intense body odor?’, tbh I did not read that one but it stuck out in my mind.

good additions with the links to further reading
Old 10-12-2012, 20:51
Titanium Member

Quote:
also, I found included ‘Phenibut causes intense body odor?’, tbh I did not read that one but it stuck out in my mind.
I've not noticed that myself, but if it infarct boosts HGH.. then I guess it could

Good post C2E! Links are better than my brief dissertation
Old 11-12-2012, 16:27
Titanium Member

We have a reply!

The reply is very detailed and respectful. Thank you open1 for taking the time to address our concerns.
Since he was respectful I sent him a thank you reply and asked if they were kosher with me reposting it here. The beverage maker has been following the thread. I also asked the SSRI question that ian brought up.

Will post when I get confirmation. If not I will summarize as best I can.

Gradient I sent you a pm. (Apparently it did not send correctly, I got the issue figured out )

Basoodler added 168 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Quote:
Border in case of auto merge to separate The section below

In talking with Open1 via email he has agreed to my posting the Q&A verbatim. He is reading the thread and may respond to questions via emailing me (I think)

Q: Phenibut can quickly lead to significant withdrawals after short term use. Have you done enough to warn the consumer of this danger?

A:
Quote:
Open1 does have clear warnings that it must not be consumed above specific daily and weekly intake levels. Open1 also clearly indicates that it contains calming amino acids that may cause drowsiness and that caution should be used when operating a motor vehicle. Open1 also clearly indicates that it should not be combined with alcohol or sedatives. It is clear from the warning statement that Open1 is a highly functional and effective product, and that it must not be consumed to excess.

If a consumer is willing to exceed 240 mg of caffeine per day and 240 mg of 5-HTP per day, the consumer may achieve levels of Phenibut consumption which could potentially cause this issue to become relevant. However, the question I would ask you is as follows: If the consumer does not read the existing label warnings or follow the use directions on the can, why would adding additional warnings on our packaging change this? Also, should we also include warnings that exceeding 240 mg of caffeine per day can also lead to caffeine tolerance and withdrawal?

We currently feel that clear, unambiguous daily and weekly intake guidance on our label is sufficient warning to the consumer, given the level of Phenibut in Open1, and given the level of Phenibut in proportion to the other, highly active ingredients. However, we are open to feedback on this point. If our customer base tells us that stronger and more prominent warnings are in order, or that they do not feel a Phenibut containing tonic is unacceptable at any Phenibut level, we will update our packaging or reformulate accordingly.
Q: Even if addiction/withdrawal is not yet documented in scientific documentation at this time, I and countless others can confirm that this is very real. Why is there no warning on the can or packaging to explain this danger to the consumer?

A:
Quote:
The simple answer is that the level of Phenibut in Open1 is too low, at the directed use levels, to approach the levels that have been discussed as leading to problems with Phenibut addiction and withdrawal. It would require exceeding the label directions, and consuming large amounts of other active ingredients with self-limiting properties (overstimulation from caffeine, nausea from 5-HTP, etc), in order to consume the amounts of Phenibut that have caused reports of addiction and withdrawal.

As mentioned earlier, we currently feel that clear, unambiguous daily and weekly intake guidance on our label is sufficient warning to the consumer, given the level of Phenibut in Open1, and given the level of Phenibut in proportion to the other, highly active ingredients. However, we are open to feedback on this point. If our customer base tells us that stronger and more prominent warnings are in order, or that they do not feel a Phenibut containing tonic is unacceptable at any Phenibut level, we will update our packaging or reformulate accordingly.
Q: Why is phenibut not listed as an ingredient on your amazon(dot)com listing or Open1 facebook?

A:

Quote:
Phenibut is shown on the Amazon.com listing in the large photo of the product. It is listed on both the can supplement facts, and prominently called out on the top panel of the 4-Pack cartons. It is a valid suggestion to update the Amazon product description text to individually list the components of the Celevate blend.

We do not have an ingredient listing on Open1's Facebook page, because there is a low character limit on the page summary. Several posts on our Facebook page show large, high resolution photos of the cans and 4-pack cartons, each of which clearly shows the ingredients. It is a valid suggestion to make a series of Facebook posts going through each of the individual ingredients in the product, discussing what they are, what they do, what risks they might pose, and links to research.
Q: Phenibut would be the main active in the product, unless the content is extremely miniscule.

A:
Quote:
This is not correct. There are seven ingredients in the nutraceutical blend in Open1. Each one is present in substantial and effective amounts, that, on their own, would be quite noticeable even if the Phenibut was not present. I will not list the amounts of each ingredient, but possibly with the exception of Inositol, you would definitely be aware of taking the quantity of each one on its own, whether it is the caffeine, the 5-HTP, the GABA, the hordenine, or the L-Theanine. Removing Phenibut would make it a less helpful product, but absolutely would not render it an ineffective or inactive one.
Q: The reason I bring this up is there are a lot of people who don't want to see FDA action against phenibut or your product.

A:
Quote:
The FDA would have two reasons to take action against Phenibut or Open1.

The first reason is if they determine that Phenibut is not a valid dietary ingredient. The statue defines a dietary ingredient:
'A dietary supplement is a product taken by mouth that contains a "dietary ingredient" intended to supplement the diet. The "dietary ingredients" in these products may include: vitamins, minerals, herbs or other botanicals, amino acids, and substances such as enzymes, organ tissues, glandulars, and metabolites, extracts or concentrates of any of the above.' Phenibut is structurally defined as an amino acid, and thus meets the definition of a dietary ingredient.

The second reason is if they determine that Phenibut is not a safe ingredient.
Open1 does not contain enough Phenibut, compared to the other ingredients, and in light of the cost per Phenibut content, to come close to posing the same risk as is raised simply by making Phenibut available in pure form, as is currently done by most Phenibut sources. Open comes with clear use instructions and warnings that direct the consumer to avoid consumption levels, combination with other substances, or activities which could lead to a determination by the FDA that Phenibut is not a safe ingredient. It is not practical to consume more than 1200 mg of Phenibut by consuming Open1, without being overstimulated by caffeine, nauseated by 5-HTP, and limited by the 15x higher cost of buying Open1 compared to just getting pure Phenibut.
Q: I am in no way bashing your product, I am just worried that people may not fully know of the nature of phenibut before they consume the beverage. Which could lead to Issues.

Quote:
Open1 is currently, and for the foreseeable future, distributed in very limited amounts to a very limited number of stores. There is no advertising or marketing for Open1. Unlike many widely marketed products such as energy drinks and relaxation drinks, Open1's packaging and positioning steers it clearly away from under 18's, being perceived as a substitute for legally restricted substances, or "extreme" users. It is designed to avoid controversy or sensationalism which could trigger FDA attention, and the approach to putting the product on the market will keep this as a foremost priority.

As we get continued feedback from our consumer base, we remain open to updating the product to add more prominent warnings, calling out Phenibut in more places, reducing the can size, and reformulating to further reduce (or even eliminate) Phenibut content.

At this point we do not feel all of these steps are necessary, but we will keep an open mind, be informed by the community discussion on this issue, and remain mindful that Phenibut is a truly helpful supplement for lots of folks, to which many concerned people wish to preserve access

Sincerely,
Mark, Open1
Response to IanZombie

Quote:
Re: 5-HTP warnings:

The warning label specifically and explicitly warns against use of Open1 in conjunction with SSRI, MAOI or antidepressant medication. Each 12 oz container of Open1 includes 120mg of 5-HTP.

Also there is the more general warning to consult a physician before using Open1 if being treated for any medical condition, or taking any prescription or OTC medicine.

Last edited by Basoodler; 11-12-2012 at 17:42. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
phenibut

» New Threads
Drug test expiry matabolites
Last post by williejo
1 Replies, 153 Views
Need help I have to see my P/O...
Last post by williejo
4 Replies, 437 Views
First trip, ±300ug: Extreme...