Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 23-08-2007, 22:46

28 y/o Male from United States
squaliesquad is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
clonazepam (Klonopin) and temazepam (Restoril)

this is my first post so I hope I do everything all right..

SWIM was prescribed clonazepam .5 mgs a day and temazepam 15 mgs at night, but has been experimenting with different doses of clonazepam a few times, ususally 1-2 milligrams with a couple 40 ounces of steel reserves and SWIM has loved the results. SWIM is currently on 4.75 mgs of clonazepam and is feeling pretty good. is this a usual dose for someone to take recreationally, and what's the range for it?

the second part is about the temazepam, which SWIM is prescribed for sleep at 15 mgs. SWIM hasn't tried to use these recreationally and wonders if there's any use to it (the effects) and what a good starting dose would be?
Old 23-08-2007, 23:39

Re: clonazepam (Klonopin) and temazepam (Restoril)

SWIM just had 3 sam adams and took 30 mgs of temazepam and is about to go smoke a blunt, I'll report back to let everyone know the effects.

thanks to anyone reading this, this is my first time on this site and it looks awesome, all information and stories and no bullshit..
Old 24-08-2007, 00:35
Palladium Member

31 y/o Male from Peru
Nargyle really adds to the discussion.Nargyle really adds to the discussion.Nargyle really adds to the discussion.Nargyle really adds to the discussion.Nargyle really adds to the discussion.Nargyle really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,090, Level: 5 Points: 1,090, Level: 5 Points: 1,090, Level: 5

While benzos can give swiy a really nice feeling, they also have a very big potential for addiction and it can cause physical dependence without one even noticing it, swim is actually in the midst of quitting his benzo addiction and it's a lot of work and no fun at all, so although i don't want to sound like i'm preaching i think swiy should be really careful when playing around with benzos and familiarize oneself with the effects that can be caused by a benzo withdrawal, swim is sure that if he had known the hell benzo withdrawal can be he would have been much more careful with them, that being said i hope swiy looks into this so he can make a more informed decision on wether he wants to play with them or not.
Have fun and be safe kids!
Old 24-08-2007, 03:08

thanks for the advice, I've known a lot of people who have had the same problems as swiy and swim has experimented with a lot already but the only problem they had was a heavy weed habit, which has been decreased by far.

swim is prescribed them and just wanted to try them out on a recreational level, and at this point, although feeling quite well, thinks there's not much recreational value in them for swim

I've heard benzos are the hardest addictions to kick along with alcohol, good luck on the recovery
Old 23-09-2007, 17:07
Gold Member

33 y/o Male from United States
Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.
Points: 1,455, Level: 5 Points: 1,455, Level: 5 Points: 1,455, Level: 5
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

restoril (temazepam) is among SWIM's favorite benzos... SWIM gets 30mg capsules from Dr. Restoril (temazepam) is pretty much unknown about where SWIM lives. It's not nearly as commonly prescribed as alprazolam, diazepam, clonazepam, lorazepam, etc which is probably why many people don't know that it is in fact, one of the better benzos out there for recreation. With all these new Z-drugs it will probably become rarer and rarer.

As far as mixxing benzos with alcohol... SWIM used to do this, when he was many years younger. Occasionally excessive alcohol consumption will cause soemthing bad to happen to SWIM... Excessive benzo consumption caused SWIM to make an ass of himself on an occasion. BUT, alcohol combined with benzos has consistently caused bad things to happen to SWIM. SWIM really only habitually mixxed benzos with alcohol once when he was in emotional distress over lost love...

Benzos are terrific when used for what they are prescribed for, or some other situation such as coming down from a coke binge or whatnot... Recreationally they can be fun sometimes, a great supplement to certain substances that will be left un-named.

SWIM has had years of experience with benzos and has come up with 2 good rules of thumb:
1) Don't mix them with alcohol (bad things tend to happen)
2) Don't let yourself become physically dependant on them (SWIM told me that his is rather unpleasant)
Old 23-09-2007, 23:58
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5

With plenty of experience with opiate withdrawal swim didn't think there could be anything worse,well apparently benzo withdrawal is worse.Swim would advise doing all swiy can to avoid experiencing it.
Old 24-09-2007, 21:52

SWIM has finished doing benzos and has been prescribed other meds to take care of sleep/anxiety.

SWIM is a big guy and occasionally mixed clonazepam with alcohol, and could handle the effects but they were definitely more intense. SWIM experienced more wobbly-ness, walking into things and knocking things over. if SWIM was at a party (he wasn't) and did this his natural reaction without benzos would be to feel like an asshole, however I think the benzos would probably make him not care at all and laugh about it.

anyone reading this, SWIM knows mixing alcohol and benzos is a bad idea, and you shouldn't do it (not trying to be preachy) or be VERY careful. don't take more because you "can't feel it" or anything, if you're mixing it do it SLOWLY because the effects will creep up on you and if you're not careful you'll end up taking the whole bottle, drinking a ton, and either blacking out, passing out, or possibly dying.

benzos are fun but SWIM read on the addiction and I don't want to deal with any of that, if I take them again it will be few and far between.

SWIM wants to thank everyone who posted in here, and to you and anyone reading, be careful and stay safe.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:39
Mercury Member

Male
VSOP~on~tap needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Is there ANY USE TO IT?!??! hahaha man your talking about the most saught after benzodiazepine in the world here. this shit is EUPHORIC, and the combination with klonopin.........it gets no better than that (until you add heroin and meth and pot into the mix
Old 08-02-2009, 03:54

Male from USA - Illinois
RX420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

temazies are my friends fav benzo by far. followed by kpins and xanax.

my friend hopes to get a script for insomnia the next time he goes to his psychiatrist. He gets kpins for anxiety and xanax also.
Old 14-06-2011, 03:55
Silver Member

50 y/o Male from Canada
Hover is a decent psychonaut.Hover is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 119, Level: 1 Points: 119, Level: 1 Points: 119, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid_Suspiria View Post
With plenty of experience with opiate withdrawal swim didn't think there could be anything worse,well apparently benzo withdrawal is worse.Swim would advise doing all swiy can to avoid experiencing it.
Opinions are divided on the matter, perhaps due to the misconception that benzo withdrawal is the same as barbiturate withdrawal, the latter being well-documented as just as potentially life-threatening as alcohol withdrawal As far as SWIM knows benzo withdrawal is most likely a very serious psychological ordeal but does not entail the physical misery induced by abrupt cessation of alcohol or barbiturates. It could perhaps however be compared with quitting long-term oral intake of medium-strength opiate/opiod substances. Maybe not life-threatening but definitely unpleasant.

Hover added 8 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSOP~on~tap View Post
hahaha man your talking about the most saught after benzodiazepine in the world here
In SWIM's experience as a North American this may either refer to clonazepam or temazepam depending on individual preference, but that may just be because legal roofies are not available here. It never ceases to amaze SWIM that some countries will frown on 30mg tem caps yet allow the use of a massively more potent benzo.

Last edited by Hover; 14-06-2011 at 03:55. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19-06-2011, 14:37

24 y/o Male from USA - Texas
moke64916 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaliesquad View Post
this is my first post so I hope I do everything all right..

SWIM was prescribed clonazepam .5 mgs a day and temazepam 15 mgs at night, but has been experimenting with different doses of clonazepam a few times, ususally 1-2 milligrams with a couple 40 ounces of steel reserves and SWIM has loved the results. SWIM is currently on 4.75 mgs of clonazepam and is feeling pretty good. is this a usual dose for someone to take recreationally, and what's the range for it?

the second part is about the temazepam, which SWIM is prescribed for sleep at 15 mgs. SWIM hasn't tried to use these recreationally and wonders if there's any use to it (the effects) and what a good starting dose would be?
Bob was prescribed to 4 mg by the doctors a day. Two 2mg pills. If that's all it takes then stick with that dose. Gradually over time the effectiveness of that dose won't work as well. You'll notice yourself gradually increase your dose. Bob had a doctor prescribe him 10mg of Xanax every day. 5 2mg bars a day. HE eventually had to go into detox because of tolerance. Sometimes bob would take 90 bars throughout one day. Way too much. Bob doesn't recommend doing that. Very dangerious. The withdrawls from that high of a dose most likely will give you seizures. Be careful with benzos. It might feel innocent at first, but that tolerance will be hard to break. Don't ever stop cold turkey. A gradual decrease is key to avoiding withdrawl.
Old 30-06-2011, 20:28

47 y/o Male from United Kingdom
jezz1742 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

My mate recently got some temazepam 30mg caps for first time. Having read in wikipedia that it is the most abused benzo he immediately felt he better try it. He's taken 60mg and waited an hour but not that much happened - sleepier sure but not really a nice warm feeling. If he was going to try a recreational dose (he is well aware of addiction etc warnings so no need to remind him) what would that be. He is aware that temazepam can have a stronger adverse impact on respiritory system so he's not keen just to wade in like he might do with some other benzos. But he would really appreciate thoughts and comments - thanks
Old 22-04-2012, 16:49

Female from United States
Bealite3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nargyle View Post
While benzos can give swiy a really nice feeling, they also have a very big potential for addiction and it can cause physical dependence without one even noticing it, swim is actually in the midst of quitting his benzo addiction and it's a lot of work and no fun at all, so although i don't want to sound like i'm preaching i think swiy should be really careful when playing around with benzos and familiarize oneself with the effects that can be caused by a benzo withdrawal, swim is sure that if he had known the hell benzo withdrawal can be he would have been much more careful with them, that being said i hope swiy looks into this so he can make a more informed decision on wether he wants to play with them or not.
Have fun and be safe kids!
I am so greatful for reply's like yours, I am new here and do suffer with REAL chonic pain. I am not looking for a high, been there done that whole destructive mess and it is hell on earth. I am prescribed xanax but only for a few months, I quite taking just a few days ago because I was put on temazapam for sleep, my Patch side effects is sleep loss and I have a hard time anyway. Will this new benzo help me with xanax withdraw, and will I even have any with the temazapam? Thanks for being one of the few level headed non drug seeking people on here. I appreciate it. Thanks please rely if you know or can advise.-Blessings!
Old 18-10-2012, 07:01

Female from Earth
freeanonaccount is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bealite3 View Post
I am so greatful for reply's like yours, I am new here and do suffer with REAL chonic pain. I am not looking for a high, been there done that whole destructive mess and it is hell on earth. I am prescribed xanax but only for a few months, I quite taking just a few days ago because I was put on temazapam for sleep, my Patch side effects is sleep loss and I have a hard time anyway. Will this new benzo help me with xanax withdraw, and will I even have any with the temazapam? Thanks for being one of the few level headed non drug seeking people on here. I appreciate it. Thanks please rely if you know or can advise.-Blessings!
Dude come on now, your going to injure yourself and suffer from even further chronic pain if you dont slowly and safely step down from off that mile-high horse you are on. I have absolutely no problem flaming you either because i too am a Chronic pain sufferer who relies on my Pain Management doctor to be able to just get by, theres not a second that goes by that i am not in severe pain, and just from the way you phrased your post i feel safe in assuming that my pain is more severe based simply on the meds i must take compared to yours. That being said, whats your problem man, yea i get it, im well aware of it "people like these people are the ones who make our lives hell and make it so hard to get the meds we need from the doctors and so hard to find pharmacies with them in stock and so hard not to get looked at with stigma any time someone hears what medications you have to take. That being said, its not really their fault either, i get it, but the government isn't forced into making the ridiculous regulations they do in response to peoples abuse, people abuse drugs, always have, always will. You are looking for information on the wrong website if you are looking for "untainted, pure and clean" posts only by people who are legitimately prescribed said medication and are taking it as directed as you and I and most pain patients do. Thats not what the majority of this site is, and regardless of your views on it, even people who illegally obtain the meds we have to take and only abuse them & are only looking to get high still deserve websites and places like this to discuss them if for no other reason than for harm reduction and education. I'm not sure what your ailments are, but my best advice to you would be to find the biggest websites dedicated to info about your conditions, go to the forums on said site, & visit the pain management section and there you will be delighted to find people with the exact same condition & be able to discuss & get feedback on meds and side effects etc. At the very least, when going to this site or ones like it, go into the Pain Management sections of the forums so you can only be reading posts by people with legitimate needs for the meds therefore enhancing the value of the input you are seeking, however, currently you are basically walking into a crackhouse and scoffing that all those people are abusing cocaine when u legitimately need it and ur just tired of it, TURN AROUND AND WALK OUT OF THE HOUSE. You are in the wrong place if you will be offended by accounts of people abusing medications.

All that aside, to try and answer your medical question. I would suggest when asking questions of that nature to try and include a little more info, as much info as possible always helps, dosages and frequency of the meds you are inquiring about are needed. You say you are prescribed xanax, but only for a few months (what dose and how often where u taking it) but apparently either the few months is up or you just decided to stop it yourself because you have been given temazepam to aid in sleeping because the fentanyl patches make it difficult for you to sleep.
Not knowing the dosage and frequency makes it hard to answer, but if you were only taking the xanax at night for sleep as well, and have simply switched to temazepam at night to sleep, most conversion charts put 1mg of Xanax as roughly equivalent to 20mg of temazepam, so you can use that to gauge somewhat if the new dose is greater or lesser or if it makes up for the xanax completely or not. If you were taking xanax say twice a day for anxiety or something then, depending on the dose, the temazepam will be less effective in battling any negative effects from cessation of the xanax, however, taking the temazepam at night, will greatly lessen any effects, assuming there isnt a huge difference in dosage, just introducing some amount of benzodiazepine into your system at night will do a great deal and may be enough to stop you from experiencing any ill effects from stopping the xanax, it all depends on dosage. Lastly, if you were supposed to keep taking the xanax for a while longer and you just made the decision to stop it just because you are now taking temazepam for sleep, i strongly urge against doing so, its never wise to just stop a benzo, consult your doctor about it, if you are just doing it as your own decision than you are the ultimate hypocrite after judging all these people for their posts about taking meds other than how they are prescribed. Anyway, if you post your dosages maybe some more exact information can be given for you, i do suggest having your doctor titrate you off the xanax or at least get his blessing in stopping it all at once. Best of luck, i hope you find a way to enjoy many pain free days in the future, without needing meds for it, i know if your anything like me, even if the meds help, they take a little piece of your soul as well, you are never quite yourself when you are dependant on the pain meds to get by, for me, there is no alternative though, myself with no pain meds is bed ridden, not able to move or eat, i tried it recently, and didnt get out of bed or leave the house for a year straight, withrawls are nothing, its easy to stop the meds , its living with the daily pain thats unbearable for me. Good luck

Share this on:

Tags
opiate withdrawal, withdrawals