Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 22-09-2012, 02:10
Banned

Female from Australia
Twizal probably knows what they are talking about.Twizal probably knows what they are talking about.Twizal probably knows what they are talking about.Twizal probably knows what they are talking about.
Re: IV virgin, will first shot of heroin take over my life?

Hi mate, here's my 2 cents worth. Firstly don't kid yourself you can use what you have and can't get more. That's addict thinking...you will find it or it will find you. I know folks who have done geographicals and ended up living next door to a dealer. It happens.you are going to do a degree ,if on campus , you'll find it.
Of course people have I V d alone and first time. A few by luck or good judgement do ok. Lots more stuff up badly, lucky if you simply lose your gear. Others end up as you have seen on the pics, or with life threatening emboli,infections etc and don't forget overdose. Even the likely chance of a dirty hit isn't pleasant and very easy to do first time.
Now to get personal, if you self harm in any way( not talking drugs here obviously ,) you go right to first in line to get the needle fixation.
Your original question was " Will the first shot of heroin take over my life." IMHO you are right up there in the ' most probably category'
However, if it does go arse about face we are all here to help , no hassles . Wish you luck, take care ,and welcome with a big hug to DF.;- )
Old 22-09-2012, 20:41
Silver Member

Male from United States
OC Head is an unknown quantity at this point

It is your decision if you want to IV, rather than insufflating. My pet cat used to snort oxycodone 30mg's and after building up quite the tolerance he was running out of money. On the day he decided to IV a 30mg IR oxycodone he only had enough money for a few and he knew he wouldn't get high from snorting.

He was being stupid and he shared a needle. Anyways after he was injected by his friend he knew IV drug use would be his only ROA from then on. And yes, his opioid addiction spiraled out of control then.

Just make sure you use clean needles and make sure you know how to safely inject. There is a good chance that you will not go back to snorting, making IVing your preferred ROA.

In Florida I have had some difficulty trying to obtain syringes and it really was frustrating. But I finally found a mom and pop pharmacy that asked no questions and sold me rigs. I will never share a needle ever again (I only did my first few times). After about 4 months of IVing myself, my left arm (above the bend of my arm) was sore, red and it hurt really bad, it turned out I had an abscess.

I went to a walk-in clinic and they lanced the abscess and I was out on anti-biotics. I had MRSA. While there I took a blood tests for HIV, Hep B and Hep C. When I went back in for another visit they said I had hepatitis C, I was very upset and I cried like a little baby. All I did after leaving was to score and then use, to try and kill the emotional pain I was in.

Think of IVing like this, it's final ROA that is the most efficient. That is more of a bad thing because when your tolerance goes through the roof, there is nothing else you can do. There are no other ROA's that can get you higher.

Stay safe and have fun!

Last edited by OC Head; 22-09-2012 at 20:59.
Old 22-09-2012, 21:23
Silver Member

Male from United States
hamsterdam is a decent psychonaut.hamsterdam is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 488, Level: 3 Points: 488, Level: 3 Points: 488, Level: 3
Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2%

You can also buy syringes + needles online, usually in boxes of 100. It doesn't cost much, you can get 100 setups for less then 50 bucks.
Old 22-09-2012, 23:01
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

22 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Research-Chemist should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

Thanks for sharing oc head, I also used to be an "oc head" that's what started my opiate addiction pretty much....
Old 23-09-2012, 00:09

Female from Spain
PaganGoddess is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

A friend advised me to answer your questions like this:

"There is a very strong possibility that you will become addicted to the needle too, as Hanstara mentioned above. The whole "ritual" of preparing the injection becomes a kind of secondary addiction. So if I were you, I'd steer well clear of it.

I'm also concerned that you plan to do it alone, although I do realize you have no friends who use. What if you OD? As to your question on how much you ought to use, well that is impossible to answer. It all depends on how much heroin you are used to, how often you use (daily or at the weekend, or once or twice a month), the quality of the stuff you intend to inject, your constitution (some people have a very low tolerance to drugs and can easily OD when injecting because of this), and whether you have any other drugs in your system, such as benzos or alcohol (drinking is VERY dangerous when injecting heroin).

Please think hard about this - I believe everyone who has posted here has told you it's not a good idea in one way or another. Once you inject, it's quite likely you'll be unable to revert back to snorting again. One last thing I want to mention is this: the reason you will most likely inject again is that you will be expecting the same feeling you experienced the first time, but you won't ever get it, no matter how many times you try."

That's my friend's take on your situation and she has years of experience with IV drug use. I hope that it helps you make up your mind to do what is best for you. Stay safe, my friend. If you do decide to go ahead with it, please check out the links that fehs supplied about safe. Let us know how things go/went for you.
Old 23-09-2012, 11:50

I hear you thanks for your advice, i am most probably going to stay away from the needle any ways...
I'm doing a degree and setting up and online business... And based on the advice from you all it seems that I physically won't be able to do this whilst being an IV b head.... I'll just stick to snorting it...
I do get this urge to IV every few weeks or so and it usually go's away when I think of a the pros and cons, and the cons overly out weigh the pros....

Thanks df guys and gals
Old 23-09-2012, 20:23
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from England
westie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way up
Points: 575, Level: 3 Points: 575, Level: 3 Points: 575, Level: 3
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

I would say stay away from the needle. Of all the addicts i know none of them have only been able to use the needle once or twice. As you as you get that buzz going back to smoking/snorting it is just not the same.
I find it interesting that you snort it, i've never met one person in England who snorts Heroin. The only time time i have heard of anyone who has was when a lad, who had no connection to heroin, dropped a wrap of powder off with the brother of a friend, who had never touched heroin. He told the lad to give it to his brother, but never said what it was. My friend came home & was given the wrap by his brother, he went upstairs & opened it & thinking it was either coke or speed snorted a couple of lines. He said he was sick as a dog & soon nodded off to sleep.
Old 23-09-2012, 20:52
Palladium Member

40 y/o Female from England
source must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medline
Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Maybe this will help - its a reply I posted to another thread about injecting drugs. Its a very good idea for you to search the forums for other peoples opinions on IV, it might just help you make the right choice... the fact that there are more 'bad' posts about injecting than 'good' ones, proves something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
Personally I have never had just one IV shot and left it at that, not even when I had my first one. If there are drugs left, and loads of time, then there's more shots to have.

The more I have the more sloppy I get, my concentration fails and I start to cut corners.
My priorities change from being safe, clean and low-risk to chasing that first high and not thinking of the risks.
My head is no longer clear; that strong desire to feel the first rush again takes over.

I'll put more drugs into each shot, use the same vein, try other veins like the back of my hand, lumps, redness and bruises start to appear where they are noticeable but I don't care, if a vein isn't working I'll just pull out the needle and move on somewhere else leaving the previous spot as it is.

If I run out of needles I'll re-use the last one, and after more shots the bevel becomes completely blunt and I need to apply a lot more pressure when I inject. It HURTS but I still want to chase that initial rush...

The area where I shoot up then becomes a disgrace, there's blood in the water where I have flushed out my one surviving needle, I don't use sterile wipes on my skin or on my tray because my mind tells me I haven't got time for all that, and the more my veins dissappear the more frustrated I get which is normally when I miss a lot.

Personally, all the pre-checks and cleanliness to begin with is a waste of time purely because of all the drug-induced stupid and risky actions afterwards.

When I'm on drugs, my mind is not the same, its impossible for me to inject myself risk free, its the nature of my habit, of my addiction. I just don't care about anything other than getting high.

I've fucked myself up too many times now, so it's time for me to stop IVing before its too late, if its not already.

I think you can guess my advice for all those wanting to try it, sorry if I'm a little too honest in my post, but as I sit here with big sore lumps, bruises, odd shaped veins and tracks all over my arms and hands I really cannot see the benefit in this RoA anymore.
Original thread: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39760
Old 23-09-2012, 22:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by westie420uk View Post
I would say stay away from the needle. Of all the addicts i know none of them have only been able to use the needle once or twice. As you as you get that buzz going back to smoking/snorting it is just not the same.
I find it interesting that you snort it, i've never met one person in England who snorts Heroin. The only time time i have heard of anyone who has was when a lad, who had no connection to heroin, dropped a wrap of powder off with the brother of a friend, who had never touched heroin. He told the lad to give it to his brother, but never said what it was. My friend came home & was given the wrap by his brother, he went upstairs & opened it & thinking it was either coke or speed snorted a couple of lines. He said he was sick as a dog & soon nodded off to sleep.
Hey thanks for your reply,

Yeah the only reason I snort heroin is because it's my favourite roa with all drugs, and before I took heroin I was bang on the OxyContin 40mgs because I could get em for free... But as the free oxy's dried up I was Catting for opiates so went to the next best thing (which is actually better IMO) And tbh smoking heroin doesn't really appeal to me and I love the smell and taste of heroin in the backdrip you get.... I know people who snort heroin, maybe it depends what part of the uk you come from.... I'm from London what about you??

Ps I don't actually know how to smoke it also, and understand you can end up wasting it if you smoke it wrong...
Old 24-09-2012, 00:44
Joe29 Joe29 is nu online
Silver Member

Male from Australia
Joe29 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

Leave the needle alone, you don't even know how to smoke heroin. Get out why you can mate.
Old 24-09-2012, 01:08
Palladium Member

40 y/o Female from England
source must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medline
Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Research-Chemist View Post
Hey thanks for your reply,

Yeah the only reason I snort heroin is because it's my favourite roa with all drugs, and before I took heroin I was bang on the OxyContin 40mgs because I could get em for free... But as the free oxy's dried up I was Catting for opiates so went to the next best thing (which is actually better IMO) And tbh smoking heroin doesn't really appeal to me and I love the smell and taste of heroin in the backdrip you get.... I know people who snort heroin, maybe it depends what part of the uk you come from.... I'm from London what about you??

Ps I don't actually know how to smoke it also, and understand you can end up wasting it if you smoke it wrong...
Yeah, I agree with Joe29 on this one. Its a massive gap between smoking and injecting heroin, and an even 'bigger' gap from just snorting it.
If snorting is your favourite RoA then why change it. Stick to what you know.
Old 24-09-2012, 19:22
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from USA - Oregon
Mineralzz is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1

Immediately? No. Will you be able to go back to your normal form of use? Yes, but its likely that you won't want to. It will never be the same, never be satisfying. Once you get those pins and needles it changes you as a person. I started shooting when I was 16, maybe it took over so badly because I was so young but I've seen it take over peoples lives of all ages, from all walks of life. I was a very well self-disciplined, wrestler with a good amount of self control, you may think "Oh I'll only shoot up once" any veteran in the game knows thats a joke.
Old 25-09-2012, 00:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe29 View Post
Leave the needle alone, you don't even know how to smoke heroin. Get out why you can mate.
I don't know how to smoke because I only tried it once and tbh I found snorting to be much more me... Smoking it didn't feel great and tbh I find to be a more pleasurable high....
It's not down to lack of experience its down to preference... As I'm sure there are others out there who prefer snorting over smoking......
Old 25-09-2012, 02:33
Joe29 Joe29 is nu online
Silver Member

Male from Australia

Quote:
I don't know how to smoke because I only tried it once and tbh I found snorting to be much more me... Smoking it didn't feel great and tbh I find to be a more pleasurable high....
It's not down to lack of experience its down to preference... As I'm sure there are others out there who prefer snorting over smoking......
Sorry mate im not having a go at you, im just trying to look out for you and give you some advice.

I used to live in the uk and I used to smoke H over there, before I started using the needle, and I can tell you one thing it is the dumbest thing I have ever done mate.

Stick to snorting it if you can, and if you do use the needle make sure you have someone who can show you how to in inject safely. You say you don't know anyone, fair enough. Try and speak to your connect and ask him/her if they can show you or ask them if one of there customers who inject can show you how to inject. You can only ask and it's just a thought mate.
Old 25-09-2012, 03:00

Male from USA - Massachusetts
kenny fn powers should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

once you bang in your veins you wont go back 2 sniffin banging is wayyyy more intense you will love it and wont ever sniff again dont do it cuz its a long f**d up road you will be on trust me i know from experience
Old 25-09-2012, 22:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe29 View Post
Sorry mate im not having a go at you, im just trying to look out for you and give you some advice.

I used to live in the uk and I used to smoke H over there, before I started using the needle, and I can tell you one thing it is the dumbest thing I have ever done mate.

Stick to snorting it if you can, and if you do use the needle make sure you have someone who can show you how to in inject safely. You say you don't know anyone, fair enough. Try and speak to your connect and ask him/her if they can show you or ask them if one of there customers who inject can show you how to inject. You can only ask and it's just a thought mate.
Cool dude, I might give smoking another go soon just to compair to snorting... I'm gonna stay away from the needle at present... Although I might give it a go when I meet my friend who is an ex IV b user.. I'm not sure though I wouldn't want to put the temptation on him..

If I can't I'm just gonna get iv a few grains of it to see if it has any effect, this won't be any time soon though...
Old 26-09-2012, 04:06
Joe29 Joe29 is nu online
Silver Member

Male from Australia

Quote:
Cool dude, I might give smoking another go soon just to compair to snorting... I'm gonna stay away from the needle at present... Although I might give it a go when I meet my friend who is an ex IV b user.. I'm not sure though I wouldn't want to put the temptation on him..

If I can't I'm just gonna get iv a few grains of it to see if it has any effect, this won't be any time soon though...

Yea I would definitely wait for your mate, always be safe brother!
Take care dude!
Joe...............
Old 27-09-2012, 23:10
Silver Member

Male from Australia
MrAsia is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Once you start to iv there's pretty much no turning back, your going to the point of no return. You will start to see that no other ROA is worth it anymore, you will just think that every other ROA is a waste. When you iv any drug, you get a rush which isn't experienced through any other ROA except through the needle and the high hits you the hardest while requiring the least amount of gear needed. But the duration of the high is also the least amount of time, so it wears off quicker then any other ROA.

I ain't stop you from trying to iv, but if your gonna do it don't do it alone for your first time. Have anyone there with you in case something happens, literally anyone. It could be a friend who only smokes it or someone who's been clean for months, it doesn't even need to be an iv expert who's gonna be shooting up with you as well just as long as someone else is there so they can call the ambo if anything bad happens. Get your mum to supervise you if you have to, as long as another person is there to supervise for you first time.

Before you do anything make sure you know how to shoot up before you start doing anything, lol. You wouldn't want to miss your very first shot. Learn what amount of gear to mix and how much water to use. Which veins to use, how to check if its in like pulling back on the plunger to see if any blood comes into the barrel and like just learn some basic iv techniques before you do anything so you don't fuck up any veins or miss.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:23

Female from United States
sam1992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

was recently an IV virgin too. was snorting it for a short time before injecting. it completely takes over your life... you become obsessed with the high and your life will never be the same. became an addict after that and just now getting off of it with the help of some suboxone. IVing took me on a long, dark, expensive road that led nowhere but to me being broke and having my entire family find out. It's unlike anything you've ever experienced and will stay with you forever. hope you know what you're getting yourself into. I would strongly suggest you reconsider if you haven't already done it. your life will NEVER ever be the same and you will never be able to enjoy things you once enjoyed the same way. good luck.
Old 29-11-2012, 17:19

29 y/o Female from United States
judi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

I think I know what your talking about I have been smoking it for a while. My dealer iv'd me on monday and wednesday this morning I cant believe how much I smoked and it doesn't have the same effect At all. My dealer said he won't let me get hooked on the needle he just wanted me to try it. Tomorrow I plan to smoke less.

Share this on:

Tags
heroin, injecting, opiates, oxycontin, shooting heroin, shooting heroin rush, shooting up, snorting heroin