Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 19:27
Silver Member

40 y/o Female from United States
Ketamina is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: How to IM inject Ketamine

SWIM has been doing IM K for about 16 years. She always injects it in the glutes because swim is much less likely to hit a nerve. Also needle size isn't that big of a deal when used in the glutes.

However swim disagrees with the OP on one point. Hitting a vein can be very dangerous. The K can hit you so fast that you can loose consciousness before you know what is happening. SWIM has been injured from falling a couple times when this has happened. Also it is more likely you will enter a state of mind where you are unaware of what is going on but you can still walk around. People have died while in that condition do to drowning, falling down stairs etc.

SWIM agrees the IM is by far the best way to do K. Although swim has never tried ingesting it.

Post Quality Evaluations:
thanks for making members aware of this...
Old 21-08-2010, 17:36
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

54 y/o Female from Denmark
bigfun4all should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Hi,

Well Beltane has that just about bang on and in great detail, well done.
Only thing I would add is buy 2.5ml syringes and 1 inch pins are fine.
I find the butt the easiest place just check for air bubbles jab and shoot, fear of hitting bloodvessels in that area is low. The hit I get from pure Special K is pretty much seconds.
As for IV no way stay away from that.
There are easy sources 4 pins etc in the UK.
Oh my advice if trying for the first time dont jump in at 100mg, take it slow and easy and see how you go ie 25mg,50mg etc - far safer.
Just my advice.
Can anyone tell me where I can upload a cool avatar from please,

Thanks and play safe,

Regards,

Jack
Old 24-09-2010, 20:41
Palladium Member

28 y/o Male from Luxembourg
C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.
Points: 3,635, Level: 8 Points: 3,635, Level: 8 Points: 3,635, Level: 8
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

hello there..

bobbin has a question, or rather several questions, concerning intramuscular injection, and he thought this would be an appropriate place for him to have me ask these questions.

it's not so much about the actual technique, but about the equipment. he has never injected anything anywhere into his body, so he has to first of all understand what material he will be needing. for intramuscular injection of a ketamine solution, there is no need to dilute the product, right? i.e. he won't have to mix it with injectable water or something? in that case, a syringe with a content of 1ml would be good. possibly, 2ml might be better, but 1ml ones seem to be much more common, and at least for the start that will be sufficient. from what he has seen and found online, insulin syringes do meet this requirement. however, and this is his main question, insulin is of course to be injected subcutaneously. are there specific needles for IM use (i.e. with a different tip than for IV, SC, etc.) ? or is the difference only in gauge and needle length? what is a good gauge for IM injections? in IM instructions on the general, it is recommended to use something around 23G, while people on here seem to use gauges up to 30. is there no downside to using gauges as high as that? and what's generally considered to be a good needle length?

bobbin would be very grateful if someone could help him out. he has spent quite some time looking through online shops, syringe & needle basics on erowid, etc., but he still isn't quite sure he got it all right. if someone could give him a brand name and specifications of the kind of syringe he'd need, he would appreciate it very much.

bobbin says thanks!
Old 25-09-2010, 07:20

Male from Afghanistan
Simple-Name is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2

Swims advice for IMing K, the side of the shoulder is a nice part, soft and always hits fast, the butt is the easiest but swim finds the come-on to take longer and it never is as intenst for some odd reason? who knows...

He also likes the area around the Triceps though it makes his arm sore to move for a minute... the upper arms is his fav spot... though sore arms can be a bit annoying :P

P.S ALWAYS do a backpull to make sure you didn't hit a vein... swim did IV once a small amount and it was MUCH more intense and came on almost instantly... he was already on about 3 shots at that point and didn't expect it to be so intense
Old 08-01-2011, 18:29

52 y/o Male from United States
Straighty is an unknown quantity at this point

SWIM informs me that they moments ago experienced their first IM Ketamine high.

SWIM informs me that this was the most stupid, most strangest high he had ever had. All recreational drugs are recreational because there is something pleasant or fun about the high; this K high, I'm told, was a trip into stupidity and unpleasantness. Nothing fun about it, it wasn't scary either, just dumb and weird. "Plastic," oddly, is an apt word to describe it.

None of the posts SWIM found on the subject of K mentioned vomiting, but on the tail-end of the high, he practically vomited his guts out. This, he said, was extremely strange because of the lack of taste in his mouth and the difficulty he had in getting off the bed and making his way to the toilet (he felt like a plastic crab crawling along the floor).

Weird, unpleasant, stupid high, SWIM said.
Old 09-01-2011, 13:23
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

What dose did SWIY take? It may have been too much. Vomiting on K usually happens because the stomach is too full. It better to leave at least an hour after eating. K can be quite weird!
Old 09-01-2011, 18:14

52 y/o Male from United States
Straighty is an unknown quantity at this point

75mg, SWIM said. Was about 2 hours after breakfast. Though, he doesn't plan to do it again. In fact, since he kicked meth about 20 years ago this was the first time he's done anything...and the last. Life for SWIM has been very good without drugs, he's going to keep it that way.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:26
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14

That all sounds OK. Maybe its not for SWIY! Not everyone likes K and it nothing at all like meth.
Old 19-03-2011, 20:19

Male from United Kingdom
monkeyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

a donkey i don't know uses 29G insulin syringes. it hasn't had noticed any needle breakage. it also said using ketamax soln. is less sore than when using re hydrated crystals in propylene glycol
Old 21-03-2011, 15:33
Silver Member

Male from Earth
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
To turn crystal Ketamine into liquid, add 1 gram of powder (hopefully pure) to 10 ml of distilled water (in the most sterile conditions SWIY can set up.) This will yield 10ml of liquid. This liquid now contains 100mg Ketamine per ml; that's 100mg/ml. Now 1CC = 1ml = 100mg, which in SWIM's opinion is the perfect IM dose.
SWIM gets his ketamine in vial. Anyone who buys ketamine in form of powder is risking doing K cut with something else, or not even K at all.
Old 22-09-2011, 22:50

37 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Boxer2quick is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1

Are the insulin needles big enough to penetrate the muscle properly ? they are very small
Old 24-09-2011, 10:50

Female from Romania
skinnylove is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, they are, if injected in a low body fat spot (e.g. upper arm)
Old 29-10-2011, 16:33

23 y/o Female from United Kingdom
WIMM is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
For I.M. injection of liquid Ketamine, SWIM suggests 28 gauge (29 will work but are a little delicate,) 1 CC insulin syringe.
Hi Beltane,

My young cat is very interested in IM'ing Ketamine, however, she is a little confused on the needle size as many internet sites suggest that the needle should be long 1- 1.5 inches and a higher gauge 20/22G. I guess this could be because muscle is fairly tough?

Basically thank you for your advice, but she just wanted to enquire if you ever find any problems with using the 28/29G needles at all? (bending or anything?) As she despises needles and would much prefer to go by your advice, as it's slightly thinner, but needs to make sure it's the right decision. Also is 1 - 1.5 inches the length you would normally go for?

Any advice from a Ketamine IM'er would be welcome

Ta guys

WIMM added 8 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Apologies, how rude of me.
I have just read all of the previous posts properly and realised that my cat's questions have basically been answered so thank you.

One thing though, does the length go up with the gauge on needles, or do you choose them both seperately?

Last edited by WIMM; 29-10-2011 at 16:33. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-06-2012, 22:20

Male from United States
LdSmDt is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

Can one acquire needles at a local drugstore? And if so, what would one ask for? Just normal insulin needles? Are you able to specify gauge/ length of needle when buying from drug store? And what are some brands of syringes? How large of syringes are used? 2ml? or more? Thank you so much, this is a wonderful thread.
Old 06-09-2012, 20:28
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from Czech Republic
FistyCuffs is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1

With regards gauge and length, they're usually seperate

SWIM's preferred needle is 26G (brown), half inch length. Bigger wider gauge needles are generally used for IM, but these work fine. SWIM likes to minimize the damage to his flesh by keeping them small, cos if ur gonna be stabbing urself up 10-20+ times in a session, legs can get a bit sore!

SWIM, being a bit of a drugs geek, hopes to write up a complete guide to injecting k at somepoint in the future.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:57
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Xanahalf is a decent psychonaut.Xanahalf is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

26 gauge seem huge to me. I use strictly 30s... I got a 3ml syringe that was 25G and got gf to inject it into my bum cheek because i was too afraid to put it in my thigh. It hurt lots more in my opinion but maybe im just a wuss :P the 30s i use are super short too, sometime i accidentally do subcutaneous and get a little bubble of liquid - slightly more noticeable injection site but 100% indistinguishable effects to IM.

IV gets are harsher rap than it deserves. IV ketamine is kinda interest and in my experience takes 30-60seconds to kick in - more than enough time to remove and safely store a needle! I only bother with IV on a tail end of a binge when 200mg IM doesnt feel like anything.... I find I have never exactly k-holed with IV just get near instant POWERFUl ketamine effects - similar to taking bumps of ketamine almost once you have a huge tolerance haha.
Old 04-02-2014, 13:40

37 y/o Male from United Kingdom
biobod is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

SWIM knows a guy who has serious bladder problems from ket, does IM reduce the damage to the bladder?
this guy has to pee constantly, he looks skinny and ill from snorting large amounts of k. will changing from snorting to IM prevent the buildup in the bladder?
any help appreciated

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306

Share this on:

Tags
anesthetic, dissociative, injection, injection techniques, intramuscular use, ketalar, ketanest, ketaset, psychedelic