Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > Drug News > Health (News)
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Health (News) News about drug research, treatment, and health issues.

Old 16-06-2012, 23:26
Mercury Member

Male from Canada
Pain Hurts needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
The Puridone Program - A Breakthrough for Painkiller Addiction?

Normally used in clinical settings, Puridone has been recently released to the general public online as a 60-day "in home" treatment to help those dealing with opiate dependency and painkiller addiction. In clinical studies conducted in 2012, Puridone demonstrated a remarkable increase in energy, sleep and sex drive, while simultaneously lowering withdrawal symptoms, anxiety and depression scores.

From: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/6/prweb9607340.htm

Post Quality Evaluations:
Should post news story in thread and then provide source
Good to see.would never hav heard otherwise, so cheers!
Old 16-06-2012, 23:44
Silver Member

33 y/o Female from United States
FunkyNotAJunky is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: The Puridone Program - A Breakthrough for Painkiller Addiction?

just curious if this has been approved by the FDA? i read your link but it doesn't appear to be.

my psychiatrist told me that unless a drug has been FDA approved he is not allowed to prescribe it. (we were talking about melatonin btw).

so when i read about these doctors using it 'clinically' which means they must be prescribing it....

just seems kind of shady.

but don't get me wrong; i am not questioning your sincerity! i would try it if it was free to see for myself.

but until then i'll stick with subs.
Old 17-06-2012, 00:37
Mercury Member

Male from Canada
Pain Hurts needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

? not sure, just know as much as the article says, and I am in Canada.

I just thought it would spark some additional feedback and since it was not already posted perhaps someone might know more and tell us?

I have not heard of it up here either. I always look out for potential Opiate news as I require meds for my scoliosis and honestly regret ever starting a few years back. I was at 300+ mg Old Oxy and now under 160mg Neo / day ... but my overall life sucks, the value of life that is, I had to leave work and lost most social networks, etc.. the same ol story .. so any potential product that might help people like me get off opiates (when they decide) , see I just cannot stop as I really do require pain treatment and legit pain caught up to me at this age. But I still would prefer not taking any.

I am not sure but maybe as wee hear more of this product it might help others out there in the U.S?
I hope so.

Thanks,
Old 26-09-2012, 04:30
Banned

Female from Australia
Twizal probably knows what they are talking about.Twizal probably knows what they are talking about.Twizal probably knows what they are talking about.Twizal probably knows what they are talking about.

I hope this helps I'm just a little sceptical of a product marketed by its makers and not written up anywhere else. Plus the catchy ' done ' in the title why link it to methadone etc.? .I can't help feeling its the Gruen transfer at play here.. However ANYTHING that helps is good and I guess if you don't try it you never know. Please keep us informed.
I remember a while back an ex-addict put a formula of herbs and vitamins for the same use....haven't heard much about that in a while...was called ' withdrawal ease' I think? Maybe he sold the formula?
P.s any of the threads on DF that detail how to wd always include taking a good mineral and vit supplement as well as protein drinks and something like ' Hydrolite' to help prevent de-hydration. Just checked the ingredients and the same are listed in the protein drink my mate uses.the herbs however aren't in the mix!
Didn't see the cost anywhere either .

Last edited by Twizal; 26-09-2012 at 04:47. Reason: Extra info
Old 26-09-2012, 06:11
Titanium Member

Male from Finland
Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 460, Level: 3 Points: 460, Level: 3 Points: 460, Level: 3
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%

According to the clinical study at the company's website (www.puridone.com/study.pdf) one daily dose includes (in addition to the vitamins and what-nots) a 1500mg mix of the following herbs and essences: Eleuthero Root, Green Tea, Ginger Root, Milk Thistle Seed, Skullcap Flower, Gotu Kola Root, Passion Flower, Essences of: Chamomille Flower, St. John’s Wort, Red and White Chestnut, Walnut, Morning Glory Flower.

I'm also pretty skeptical about this product (haven't read through the study though but also have doubts about its claimed independency). Well, at least it doesn't actually contain opioids (Kratom) as some previous remedy did.
Old 28-10-2012, 19:11

Male from United States
DesertDude is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Hi there, I found this thread though Google search. Im not much on introductions, and rater not bore you with my personal life,

But here is my first post and response to this topic.

I am currently attempting to get off pain killers, I will not use a third party to hide behind, I see a word here used a lot, I rather just lay my cards out, you cant see my real name anyhow

I just ordered the Puridone Program, After much looking at internet articles and such. Its a gamble. $400 gamble as opposed to an in patient treatment for 5 grand. I realize this product is just a cocktail of vitamins and herbs, to be honest, I could never even fathom to replicate this recipe and turn it into a liquid form. Im not a chemist.

It appears to be a new product with good results. I am seeking support, Im sorry I dont have anything to contribute as far as advise ...so far, I was born with an addictive personality, both parents smoked and drank. I drank heavy for 10 years and it put me in the hospital 12 years ago, so I quit that. I moved on to something to replace the alcohol, and I found Vicodine, Progressing to prescribed Norco for chronic back pain. I got pretty deep into these things, so I started seeing a second doctor to keep my levels comfortable.

Well, I got caught, got my butt chewed, and both Docs cut me off, I spoke to a lawyer to see if I had any rights voilated, He told me I could get tossed in jail for what I did. So Im cut off, have a bit left, and down to 2 a day

I tried to quit cold turkey a couple of weeks ago, sat on the couch for 3 days, a darn near got riger-mortum sitting there so long in a fog. So I started to regulate myself to 2 a day to function

Puridone Program is a taper off program from what I was told over the phone that will replace the energy lost I get from Norco, So that is my plan. I need to continue to work or lose everything. So I am putting my faith and gambling on this $400 program.

Wish me luck, If anybody wants reports if this work, I will gladly post them here

Thanks for hearing me out

Approve because I find it refreshing to read a post that seems fresh and honest...
Old 28-10-2012, 22:25
Basoodler Basoodler is nu online
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu
Basoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,046, Level: 11 Points: 6,046, Level: 11 Points: 6,046, Level: 11
Activity: 17.1% Activity: 17.1% Activity: 17.1%

welcome to Drugs-forums!

If you ever need advice, help or just to chit chat to get your mind off of things the people here are great for all of that. Myself when dealing with with withdrawals I found a fair amount of peace here in reading the stories, trying help people out (even in a small way) and gaining more knowledge on what I was facing ahead.

Its defiantly a good place

I am sure other members would appreciate your report on this. Many here are too struggling and reports like that can help more than you think.

again welcome to DF!
Old 29-10-2012, 01:47

Male from United States

Much Thanks, For somebody here to understand, Not like you can just confide this info with just anybody, even close family members dont know of this problem, its an easy one to hide.

I anxiously await the package to arrive and start recovery process discreetly
Old 03-11-2012, 21:43
Silver Member

Male from United States
Rob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline Medline
Points: 5,015, Level: 10 Points: 5,015, Level: 10 Points: 5,015, Level: 10
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

The website link is from a site dedicated to advertising products (check the root directory of the site). The ingredient list looks to be all stuff you could purchase at your local drugstore, to be honest. This _does not_ look like a long-term solution to me; more like a waste of money.

The most shameful thing is that Yahoo News! is shilling this and masquerading it as one of their news articles: http://news.yahoo.com/puridone-might...090153108.html

I would stay very far away. It stinks on ice from here.

Also, I notice that the two posters in this thread trying to talk up the product (other than the OP and his initial inquiry) have less than 5 posts together on DF. Really makes me think 'shill' here.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:54

Male from United States

No shill here, I have not even given a report as to whether or not this stuff works or not, im just into 3 full days of using this product. I found this web board though self research, I was drawn by content, I have no affiliation with the manufacture of this. They are saying it starts to really take effect on day 4-5

I was looking for answers, not criticism, I can go elsewhere if I want feel the need to bicker with someone

Have a nice weekend, I wish I felt as good as you at this point in my life
Old 15-11-2012, 02:21

Female from United States
aneez33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

hello, so did it work? i really need something to help
Old 15-11-2012, 02:34
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,439, Level: 19 Points: 18,439, Level: 19 Points: 18,439, Level: 19
Activity: 95.6% Activity: 95.6% Activity: 95.6%

The fact that we have had a thread critical of this program that hasn't attracted an employee to set up an account and post flimsy defenses that eventually lead to threats of lawsuits, would, in my mind, indicate that they aren't a total scam. When we've had threads covering less savory outfits, they have seen goons to come and be all butthurt, the first indication their program can't stand up to scrutiny.

This is actually a very good observation. We have seen even decent size vendors come on and defend dodgy products
Old 16-11-2012, 06:34
Palladium Member

24 y/o Female from United States
runnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medline
Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Here's the article:

The Puridone Program is an incredible new proprietary formula with patent-pending technology that gives hope to anyone dealing with the stress and discomfort of withdrawing from painkillers and opiates. The Physicians for Responsible Opioid Prescribing report that 25% of those on opioid medication (routinely prescribed after surgeries or injuries) meet criteria for addiction. Through no fault of their own, individuals can find themselves physically addicted to these commonly used medications, wreaking havoc on their health and mental well-being, as well as their family and work life.

The only way to heal from painkiller addiction is to stop using them, but dependence can happen after even a short time. Once a person has begun coping with uncomfortable feelings and sensations by using opiates, attempting to come off of these medications can often be fraught with difficult and intensely uncomfortable side effects, including:
*Agitation *Anxiety *Constipation *Loss of sex drive *Cravings *Depression *Fatigue *Muscle aches *Increased tearing *Insomnia *Sweating

Puridone was designed for this exact purpose, and unlike offsite detox programs, Puridone can be safely used in the comfort of your own home. Puridone eases these symptoms, allowing the body to achieve a successful recovery. Containing a synergistic blend of 14 herbs, and 23 vitamins and minerals, Puridone has been specifically designed to both increase overall health and combat the very symptoms of opiate withdrawal that make it so hard for people to quit.

Puridone’s unique formula, which contains B-Vitamins, Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin-C, and Choline, all work together with herbs such as Skullcap, Gotu Kola, Eleuthero, and Passion Flower to help the body achieve mental and physical balance. Individuals taking Puridone have demonstrated improved energy and mental alertness as well as better sleep, lower anxiety and increase sex drive. Puridone helps accomplish this without the use of stimulants.

Nearly a decade of research has gone into this groundbreaking formula, but even the best solution can’t provide benefit if it can’t be effectively absorbed by the body. Puridone enables its incredible rates of absorption and efficacy by using a nano-encapsulation delivery system that reduces the particle size of the ingredients, dramatically increasing absorption rates by up to 400%.

Molecules of the active compounds are separated and enveloped in all-natural encapsulation material, maintaining the compounds’ nano-size for the most efficient use by the body. Unlike many other encapsulating materials, Puridone uses all natural plant lipids, which are a food grade material. There is no danger of any adverse response from the body, the material delivers its payload and then is completely metabolized just like any other food based particles would be.

In a third-party study verifying the efficacy of Puridone, study participants showed dramatic improvement in levels of anxiety and depression, as well as increased mental alertness, decreased levels of stress, increased energy and improvements in quality of sleep. Dr. Stewart Alan Kauffman from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine reports, “In my pain management practice I work with professionals, sports figures, medical students, and even young people at my children’s high school - all suffering from opiate addiction. I can safely and confidently recommend the Puridone Program to anyone dealing with painkiller dependency.”

For finding and posting this
Old 16-11-2012, 18:31
Silver Member

Male from United States
Rob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline Medline

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerupbeautyqueen View Post
Here's the article:

Containing a synergistic blend of 14 herbs, and 23 vitamins and minerals, Puridone has been specifically designed to both increase overall health and combat the very symptoms of opiate withdrawal that make it so hard for people to quit.

Puridone’s unique formula, which contains B-Vitamins, Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin-C, and Choline, all work together with herbs such as Skullcap, Gotu Kola, Eleuthero, and Passion Flower to help the body achieve mental and physical balance.
That 'unique formula' isn't anything you couldn't assemble yourself from a drugstore or even some dollar stores, frankly. Unless there's something else in there they aren't mentioning (which I doubt).

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerupbeautyqueen View Post
In a third-party study verifying the efficacy of Puridone, study participants showed dramatic improvement in levels of anxiety and depression, as well as increased mental alertness, decreased levels of stress, increased energy and improvements in quality of sleep. Dr. Stewart Alan Kauffman from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine reports, “In my pain management practice I work with professionals, sports figures, medical students, and even young people at my children’s high school - all suffering from opiate addiction. I can safely and confidently recommend the Puridone Program to anyone dealing with painkiller dependency.”
Their "third-party study" wasn't conducted by Dr. Kauffman, was it? BTW, he's a real person that deals with 'pain management' according to Google; I guess if one was interested one could call him [his phone # is online] or check him out to see if he's the real deal or just a quack. According to the "Rate My Doctor" website he has a 3.0 rating (out of 5); there are a couple of positive reviews that are really short in nature and then there are 2 that are 1.0 and negative in nature:

'Prescribes medication that he knows little about, including knowing very little about what the disease entails that he is prescribing for. The staff is actually pretty wonderful. I rated the staff poorly based on interaction with Chrissy, the Dr.'s wife, who is out of her gourd borderline crazy. She drops her baby off with the wonderful staff as I they're her nannies and treats them as if they her personal assistants. The Dr. Is constantly threatening to leave his practice in front of his patients(I eyewitnessed) and their bringing their personal issues, and there are many, into the office has made me leave. The Dr. can and was good. But the interference he allows from his wife is just too much and incredibly unprofessional. She's actually called me on te phone ranting about him, then cursing me out, an I am a patient and have been for a while! No more. If he allows her to run his established practice into the ground bc of crazy Chrissy, who knows what else he'll do. A true shame.'

All of this still smells of 'homeopathic' stuff (which I really have doubts about, but that's another topic) with OTC vitamins. To me, anyway.

Has anyone actually tried this stuff? I still have yet to see any established reviews from somebody with actual posting experience on here.

good research
Good job uncovering the bullshit.

Last edited by Rob Cypher; 17-11-2012 at 04:58.
Old 16-11-2012, 19:36
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu
Basoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

I can think of 3 scenarios for that review

1) she came in seeking an opiate fix and he gave her the stuff he invented instead

2) she was fucking the Dr. But he chose to stay with the wife. This bitch loses her shit and tries to ruin his rep. That would also explain his wife calling.. and her apparent issue with the Dr.'s wife

3) a combination of 1) and 2)

Either way that complaint doesn't sound kind of sketchy.. I wouldn't judge the product on it.

He must have decent funding just going by the advertising. They are full page and on yahoo's main page. The probably takes some corporate support

He claims that it relieves specific symptoms of withdrawal on his web page. At least on the official site those are the only things covered.. it doesn't kill pain or anything else.

I guess he says you will no longer be dependant after 60 days.. which is accomplished without his product and in much less time by simply not taking opiates.

no energy
depression
constipation
lack of alertness
anxiety
muscle aches
sleeplessness
night sweats
headaches
itching
mood changes
swelling
weakness
loss of appetite

I would assume the clinical trials were based on people saying they had "some improvement" in any of those areas. I mean any improvement however small. You can't really go by how much improvement was realized because its subjective .

Even without a miracle pill you will have days where your symptoms are terrible and others where they may seem improved.

It would be more dependant on when you asked the question. I also don't see why those herbs wouldn't provide some improvement on that list.. hell he has energy level listed atleast twice maybe more depending on how you view mood etc ,mood/depression twice.. itching is a symptom from taking the drug.. once you stop itching improves.. I mean its not that much of a reach to tackle his list.

Based on his website, the ads, product packaging I would almost wonder if he was hired to be the figurehead doctor for a cooperate product.. that complaint did say he wanted out!

Last edited by Basoodler; 16-11-2012 at 20:18.
Old 16-11-2012, 20:23
Silver Member

44 y/o Male from USA - Massachusetts
profesor is on the way upprofesor is on the way upprofesor is on the way up

The review (Prescribes medication that he knows little about...) does sound legit to me because she gives verifiable details. If I went into his office (yeah, right) and I saw the kids running around, a busybody wife, and/or the doctor threatening to leave, that would confirm the review enough for me. I have seen a lot of doctors, and I've seen that type.
I think Rob has it spot on. Not only could one get all those individual ingredients, there are a lot of supplement pills/preparations with the same combination, in fact I think a lot of energy drinks have that combination along with caffeine and taurine. Plus with all those different ingredients, how could a legitimate researcher untangle just what is synergetic and in what amounts?

Also don't underestimate the power of placebos. I wouldn't be surprised if there are one or two junkies out there who have got clean with the stuff. That is the power of faith. I noticed they don't give any percentages or stats of how many have had any success or even progress, much less how it compares to placebos. This should be available with the most basic of studies.

At least it doesn't look like it could do much harm either.

Last edited by profesor; 16-11-2012 at 20:28. Reason: garbage pasted in
Old 16-11-2012, 22:47
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

@profesor
Quote:
Also don't underestimate the power of placebos. I wouldn't be surprised if there are one or two junkies out there who have got clean with the stuff. That is the power of faith. I noticed they don't give any percentages or stats of how many have had any success or even progress, much less how it compares to placebos. This should be available with the most basic of studies.
like I said his list of symptoms is not all that aggressive and could easily be placebo

the plan is an extremely conservative taper... which I am sure helps matters more

here is the caption broken down

Quote:
During the first 4 days (even while taking your medication) Puridone™ begins by helping your body substantially decrease the side effects and severe withdrawal symptoms you normally feel if you stopped taking your opiates.
that is because you have not stopped taking any opiates... so for two weeks I guess you are preloading

Quote:
The Puridone™ Program encourages you to gradually reduce your opiates usage at approximately 20% per week for the first 4-5 weeks. The following two weeks you simply taper off the remaining 20% of your pain meds - at 10% per week
this taper will in itself relieve symptoms of withdrawal.
Quote:

This allows your body time to more successfully detox from the opiates, helps avoid the terrible withdrawals making you more comfortable during the program, while fostering a reduction in your cravings for opiates, and ultimately helping to prevent relapse.
Notice there are no claims of Puridone doing anything after you start a taper..

from the clinical study (that appears to also be an advertisement)

Quote:
I think that Puridone, coupled with proper lifestyle help, can offer a strong possibility that reliance on opiates can be tapered back to eventually eliminate the need at all(this was echoed by many of the people in the study).
again with taper

this part I find interesting

Quote:
Setting and Design

We conducted a multi-center, 30 day, open label study of Puridone on a group of 66 volunteers enrolled in outpatient treatment programs in Philadelphia & Chester, PA.

The majority of patients had been addicted to Vicodin, Oxycontin, Percocet, Heroin, Oxycodone, Methadone, Roxicodone, Darvocet, Dilaudid, Xanax, Zanax, Lorcet, Opana, Hydrocodone, Midazolam, Norco, or a combination of these.

Each subject was required to sign in on a daily basis and received a daily supervised administration of one ounce of Puridone for a total of 30 consecutive days.

The study took place between February 2011 and May 2012.

66 out of the 75 patients who originally signed up went on to complete the study.

Results and Discussion

Each subject had a CMP blood test drawn just prior to the first dose of PuriDone and just after the thirtieth dose. Each subject was also asked to complete a baseline BDI (Beck Depression Inventory) at the start of the study and follow-up BDI upon completion of the study. Each subject also completed an exit interview at the completion of the study.

No participant was asked to modify their currently taken medications, supplements or diet in any way.
I guess that means if a part of the existing treatment plan included bupe, suboxone or methadone the subjects continued to take it.

I guess it is somewhat fair to compare symptom's people have while taking those.

the results are based on a BDI evaluation (Beck Depression Inventory)

I found this tidbit of knowledge about the results of multiple BDI tests

Quote:
The purpose of this study is to examine the multiple test-retest reliability of the BDI in a presumably nonclinical sample. Results show a 40% decline in BDI scores over 8 weeks, a main effect that accounts for approximately 10% of the variance. We achieved a 40% decrease in self-reported symptoms of depression due to repeated measurement alone, not due to any intervention
Is the Beck Depression Inventory Reliable Over Time? An Evaluation of Multiple Test-Retest Reliability in a Nonclinical College Student Sample
Journal of Personality Assessment DOI: 10.1207/s15327752jpa7002_3Glen Wolfner Ahava & Christen Iannone
pages 222-231

then the interview questions

49 out of 66 participants reported increased mental alertness, a 75% increase.
46 out of 66 reported decreases in levels of stress, a 70% improvement.
54 out of 66 experienced increased energy levels, an 81% improvement.
42 out of 66 reported improvements in sleep, a 64% improvement.

it is feasible that a person who has poor nutrition because of a drug problem will see those improvements from taking the vitamins alone.

they show it causes better caffeine uptake (not sure how that is overly related)

Quote:
The results suggest that the technology-enhanced drinks exhibited a more rapid uptake of caffeine than the free-form caffeine alone. In addition the results of the drink containing the 200 nm particles suggest an enhanced serum concentration of caffeine for the duration of the study
The pdf does make good points on proper nutrition during withdrawal to reduce symptoms. which I think is the "magic" of Puridone. Nutrition and a gradual taper.

it also may be a positive mental placebo, where if one believes it is making a difference, then in turn the person has a more positive outlook on the process. Just believing that you have been relieved of symptoms can be powerful in maintaining a positive outlook. positive outlook is what most people lack when quitting drugs and a big reason its so hard to quit.

excellent and relevant information
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chart_proof.jpg (98.1 KB, 171 views)

Last edited by Basoodler; 16-11-2012 at 23:10.
Old 17-11-2012, 04:54
Silver Member

Male from United States

It would be better off selling itself as an add-on to detox therapy, not as the default detox therapy. Seems like the literature is promoting itself as a viable alternative to suboxone treatment...just the impression I got. Not trying to throw salt in their 'game' or whatever but be more honest.
Old 17-11-2012, 20:43
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

I don't think they are really all that dishonest compared to other placebo "infomercial" drugs.

at the bottom on the web page they covered their asses nicely (I always look there first)

Quote:
© 2012 by Puridone LLC. All Rights Reserved.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Results may not be typical. Individual results may vary.
The claims about the drink are mostly about nutrient absorption

Quote:
This nano- encapsulation is a patent-pending technology that comes in every packet of Puridone™. N2 causes your body to absorb up to 400% more of the nutrients found in the formulation giving you the maximum benefit from what you ingest
they are careful to tie results in with the "program" which is the 60 day taper..

Quote:
Now, the Puridone Program is available to the public as the first ever scientifically proven, in-home painkiller addiction program. The 60-day treatment is now available for home use, keeping you comfortable and making it more affordable

They succeeded in making me laugh

Quote:
Puridone™ has been used successfully in controlled clinical settings for a number of years by Gastroenterologists, Pain Management Doctors, and Addiction Specialists ranging from Pennsylvania to Ohio

(to be fair the company is located just north of Philly and not near the border.. )

The program would be a better way to quit opiates than stringing yourself out on suboxone.. But you are paying $400 for a taper program that is readily displayed for free on the website and some vitamins with supercharged caffeine. That have N20

this is where I think they may be full of shit in a big way. (below)

Then I looked up the info in this quote and found some information on the clinical trials and similar things these Dr.'s are testing

Quote:
conducted under the medical supervision of Dr. Domenick Braccia in conjunction with Dr. Richard Goldfarb, Medical Director of Buck's County Clinical Research (BCCR).
PuriPhyte -err...a similar drug involving Dr. Domenick Braccia and Dr. Richard Goldfarb..

Quote:
Why PuriPhyte is essential to withdrawal success

http://puriphyte.com/clinical-trial-info/

Quote:
Setting and Design:

We conducted a 30 day, open label administration of PuriPhyte to a group of 10 volunteers enrolled in an outpatient treatment program in Chester, PA. Each subject was required to sign in on a daily basis and received a daily supervised administration of one ounce of PuriPhyte along with their daily Methadone dose for a total of 30 consecutive days. The study took place between February and April 2011. Nine out of 10 patients went on to complete the study.

Each subject had a CMP blood test drawn just prior to the first dose of PuriPhyte and just after the thirtieth dose. Each subject was also asked to complete a baseline BDI at the start of the study and follow-up BDI upon completion of the study. Each subject also completed an exit interview at the completion of the study. No participant was asked to modify their currently taken medications, supplements or diet in any way
sound familiar?

if you click the home link on the ^ this drug web site it now redirects to http://www.puridone.com/

the PuriPhyte website credits RKL Nutraceuticals as a developer

It is owned by Rob Lunny who has released other miracle cures such as The Rob Lunny Weight Loss Transformation which is apparently is PuriPhyte repacked. (which is now known as The Puridone Program) (the contents seem to be the same on both)

http://weightlossmaven.com/rob-lunny/
This is a fake blog I assume where he claims to be using it and links to the site as advice.
Its got an array of scammy element.. like a link leading to unrelated celebrity weight loss stories.. links to unrelated products.. claims that it is an established blog .. despite very little blogging..etc

He says it cured his food addiction.. which has very little in common with chemical dependency.. and discredits the whole opiate angle imho

Rob Lunny is a body builder /watch?v=faIrgHEQaQI (paste that after the youtube part)
in the video he is winning an all natural body building contest

the video has an interesting comment

Quote:
He should have this award taken back. I heard he did not follow the rules=we know the truth. its not a "natural win" Rob. .. get over yourself.. Pleasssse!!!!
and two more deleted comments
Quote:
Comment removed
Author withheld
so someone thinks he may have been dishonest...

there is also another youtube video of Mr. Luney and Domenick Braccia to confirm his identity

I can't find a web page for RKL Nutraceuticals

that's all I got

(This is where Potter's wish may come true and someone swoops in to defend)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg usa-states-map.jpg (168.8 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by Basoodler; 17-11-2012 at 21:15.
Old 17-11-2012, 21:18
Silver Member

44 y/o Male from USA - Massachusetts
profesor is on the way upprofesor is on the way upprofesor is on the way up

That was outstanding work, Basoodler! I'm a little disappointed that I didn't catch this:
Quote:
We conducted a multi-center, 30 day, open label study of Puridone on a group of 66 volunteers enrolled in outpatient treatment programs in Philadelphia & Chester, PA

Apparently they did track the progress of a group of 66, after all. They didn't totally make it up claims from nothing. I think this is more than many nutritional supplement products can say. Still, no control group, no comparison to subjects taking placebos. I wouldn't accept results of a study without a control group for comparison.
Old 17-11-2012, 21:28
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by profesor View Post
That was outstanding work, Basoodler! I'm a little disappointed that I didn't catch this:

Apparently they did track the progress of a group of 66, after all. They didn't totally make it up claims from nothing. I think this is more than many nutritional supplement products can say. Still, no control group, no comparison to subjects taking placebos. I wouldn't accept results of a study without a control group for comparison.
Not to mention that it was a group of 66 addicts, that they didn't bother drug tested throughout the program, nor did they stop taking stuff like suboxone..

They covered their bases well tbh , like a lawyer wrote the ads and reports.

Last edited by Basoodler; 18-11-2012 at 00:33.
Old 18-11-2012, 00:36
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

the more I pry and dig into the details, the stranger this thing gets.. for example the facebook page for PuriPhyte seems to have only information about Dr. Domenick Braccia, who is conducted the "3rd part trial" for both drugs.. He is also featured in a lot of the videos (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Puriphyte/166345550094325?sk=info)

youtube username ---> stopyouraddictionnow just put that name in the search

also works at a suboxone clinic (when not indirectly selling vitamins).. which explains how they could pull off the clinical trials and also could hand pick patients (I am not sure if they did it as his clinic)

but it gets weirder

why the fuck patent the name PuriPhyte in June 2011, and create a facebook and about 10 videos on youtube then ditch the company name from RKL Nutraceuticals to Puridone LLC and the name name of the product to re-release it?

then you have the the guy listed as the co-owner Steve Kushner, PhD the Nutritional Formulator (he is also working with Mr. Lunney on)

The Two run this lab http://www.puricorp.com/about/ .. Oddly enough on the Puridone website it presents Puricorp as a 3rd party that decided to package puridone based on its merits

Quote:
Since most clients are unable to take off work or leave their children at home to go through an inpatient treatment, Puricorp Labs decided to package Puridone™ as a 60-day at-home program.

I found a press release from less than a year ago of another mystery supplement he worked on for a company called So-Vim that described themselves as

Quote:
So-Vim, Inc., founded by experienced network marketing professionals, has the mission to create the most powerful, personal care products and dietary supplement company in the world. The company philosophy is simply, “Boundless Opportunities.”
http://biz.prlog.org/So-Vim/

the press release is for another miracle supplement called "SomaLean" http://www.prlog.org/11412814-direct-sales-company-is-the-first-to-offer-safe-diet-for-the-entire-family.html

Quote:
SomaLean is being launched today as a means of gaining economic independence and a healthier lifestyle for weight loss without relying on drugs or any dietary supplements.
Quote:
John Neubauer, CEO of the company, So-Vim, Inc., sees this diet as the answer to the public debate over safe diets for everyone in the family. “That it is an answer to US’ public policy on obesity in children, and all others, makes the company’s growth potential phenomenal,” said Neubauer, “I see this as supplanting products that produce no weight loss but result in weight gain, and in reorganizing the diet market to our advantage. Consumers are far smarter now when making choices and we welcome that.”

All web pages are gone and I couldn't find any of the products listed available.

so-vim is tied to another company that seems to not exist called Direct sales company...

He develops for a company called Nuvilex and does have at least one product that is available in stores. And so does
Quote:
Richard Goldfarb M.D., FACS Director, Chairman of Medical Ethics & Oversight Committee, Member of Compensation Committee and President of MedElite Inc, Nuvilex, Inc.
√edit.. Steve Kushner, PhD (the partner) is involved with a msm promotion/work from home/aggressive marketing firm called livethesource.com that touts the nano technology , they also offer a service for an aggressive in line marketing campaign called Market disruption .. its a legit business but looks just as sketch as the rest..offers 3 liquid supplements with the same n2 technology. ..

Never the less the company is called out as a scam -->. http://www.sequenceinc.com/fraudfile...rent-mlm-name/ and this site seems to be on its way here http://scamxposer.com/business-submi...ve-the-source/

http://www.ripoffreport.com/live-the...rida-4a840.htm

on the site their premier product is RECELLERATOR

The trademark is no longer valid (less than a year after it was trademarked)

Quote:
On Friday, September 30, 2011, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for RECELLERATOR by livethesource, Inc., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301. The USPTO has given the RECELLERATOR trademark serial number of 85436255. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED-FAILURE TO RESPOND OR LATE RESPONSE.
http://www.trademarkia.com/recellerator-85436255.html

in fact they own no valid trademarks --> http://www.trademarkia.com/company-l...74922-page-1-2

they also had a proprietary blend trademarked called PROTHIOLAN (expired) It is a blend that touts scotch white pine cone extract and stuff

Quote:
and a patented LPC108 White Scotch Pine Cone extract (Proligna®),

one of nature’s most potent immune system boosters
Quote:
Thioctic acid – a sulfur containing fatty acid compound that promotes liver health, elevates the level of glutathione (GSH), and relieves oxidative stress, optimizing cellular oxygen utilization.

Thioctic acid is essential for life and aerobic metabolism, i.e. cellular energy production
(fatty acids will tie in in the bottom portion)

But in looking up the trademark for the Proligna® http://www.trademarkia.com/proligna-78813852.html

its a valid trade mark for white scotch pine cone extract.. but the trademark is not for a supplement

Quote:
Primary Class: Chemicals used in industry, science and photography, as well as in agriculture, horticulture and forestry; unprocessed artificial resins; unprocessed plastics; manures; fire extinguishing compositions; tempering and soldering preparations; chemical substances for preserving foodstuffs; tanning substances; adhesives used in industry.
it was trademarked by Allera health (head quarted near Live the source)... under the name Imunexra.. they got in a little trouble misleading ads directed at people who were worried about the swine flu a few years ago..

the FDA responded

Quote:
TO: Allera Health Products, Inc. / www.immunextra.com
RE: Unapproved/Uncleared/Unauthorized Products Related to the H1N1 Flu Virus

DATE: July 10, 2009

WARNING LETTER

This is to advise you that the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviewed your website at the Internet address www.immunextra.com on June 26, 2009. The FDA has determined that your website offers a product for sale that is intended to diagnose, mitigate, prevent, treat or cure the H1N1 Flu Virus in people. This product has not been approved, cleared, or otherwise authorized by FDA for use in the diagnosis, mitigation, prevention, treatment, or cure of the H1N1 Flu Virus. This product is Immunextra. The marketing of this
product violates the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDC Act) 21 U.S.C. §§ 331, 351, 352. We request that you immediately cease marketing unapproved, uncleared, or unauthorized products for the diagnosis, mitigation, prevention, treatment, or cure of the H1 N1 Flu Virus.

Some examples of the claims on your website include:

• ASK THE DOCTOR ... CAN IMMUNEXTRA BE HELPFUL AGAINST INFLUENZA?
YES. The influenze [sic] ("flu") virus first enters cells in your respiratory tract, killing
many of your cells as they go.... READ MORE[.]"
• Clicking on the "READ MORE" link quoted above takes visitors to another page on your
website, which states, in part, "Ask The Doctor ... Can Immunextra® Be Helpful Against
Flu? Any flu that is spreading around the world is a cause for considerable concern. Just
like any flu, the H1N1 flu strain first enters cells in your respiratory tract and converts the
cells into 'virus factories' that make millions of copies of the flu virus within several hours.
. . . In most cases, your immune system can help to fight this and eventually clears the
virus from your body. Unfortunately, the 'swine' flu virus is a relative stranger to us ...
We also recommend taking products that strengthen the immune system, such as
Immunextra pinecone extract. Scientists have shown that Immunextra helps build the
army of immune cells (dendritic cells) that clear infected cells from the body."

The Secretary of Health and Human Services, under section 319 of the Public Health Service Act, 42 U.S.C. § 247d, has determined that a public health emergency exists nationwide involving the H1 N1 Flu Virus that affects or has the significant potential to affect national security. Following this determination and in response to requests from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, FDA issued letters authorizing the emergency use of certain unapproved and uncleared products or unapproved or uncleared uses of approved or cleared products, provided certain criteria are met, under 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3. The marketing and sale of unapproved or uncleared H1N1 Flu Virus-related products that are not authorized by and used in accordance with the conditions of an Emergency Use Authorization, is a potentially significant threat to the public health. Therefore, FDA is taking urgent measures to protect consumers from products that, without approval or authorization by FDA, claim to diagnose, mitigate, prevent, treat or cure H1N1 Flu Virus in people.

You should take immediate action to ensure that your firm is not marketing, and does not market in the future, products intended to diagnose, mitigate, prevent, treat or cure the H1N1 Flu Virus that have not been approved, cleared, or authorized by the FDA. The above is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of violations. It is your responsibility to ensure that the products you market are in compliance with the FFDC Act and FDA's implementing regulations. We advise you to review your websites, product labels, and other labeling and promotional materials to ensure that the claims you make for your products do not adulterate or misbrand the products in violation of the FFDC Act. 21 U.S.C. §§ 331, 351, 352. Within 48 hours. please send an email to(FDA EMAIL) describing the actions that you have taken or plan to take to address your firm's violations. If your firm fails to take corrective action immediately, FDA may take enforcement action, such as seizure or injunction for violations of the FFDC Act without further notice. Firms that fail to take corrective action may also be referred to FDA's Office of Criminal Investigations for possible criminal prosecution for violations of the FFDC Act and other federal laws.

FDA is advising consumers not to purchase or use H1N1 Flu Virus-related products offered for sale that have not been approved, cleared, or authorized by FDA. Your firm will be added to a published list on FDA's website of firms and websites that have received warning letters from FDA concerning marketing unapproved, uncleared, and unauthorized H1N1 Flu Virus-related products in violation of the FFDC Act. This list can be found at www(dot)accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/h1n1flu. Once the violative claims and/or products have been removed from your website, and these corrective actions have been confirmed by the FDA, the published list will be updated to indicate that your firm has taken appropriate corrective action.

If you are not located in the United States, please note that unapproved, uncleared, or unauthorized products intended to diagnose, mitigate, prevent, treat, or cure the H1N1 Flu Virus offered for importation into the United States are subject to detention and refusal of admission. We will advise the appropriate regulatory or law enforcement officials in the country from which you operate that FDA considers your product listed above to be an unapproved, uncleared, or unauthorized product that cannot be legally sold to consumers in the United States.

Please direct any inquiries concerning this letter to FDA at FDA EMAIL or by contacting Standra Purnell at 301-436-1613.

Sincerely,
/S/
Roberta Wagner
Director
Office of Compliance
Center for Food Safety
and Applied Nutrition
Other than that .. I guess they seem like a legit company.. aside from selling one product that's main active was trademarked as "Chemicals used in industry, science and photography, as well as in agriculture, horticulture and forestry;"

(below is could be unrelated..but really seems to tie in to the whole thing..)

The clinic that Dr. Domenick Braccia is the director of was investigated for employing a fake dr. who misinformed terminally ill people about their condition to get them to but expensive treatments.
http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/v...hp?f=12&t=3824 may 2012

The alleged fake Dr. is named Patricia Kane

these are heartbreaking accusations btw.. ripping off people who are looking for anything to provide a shred of hope .. they have ALS
http://www.als.net/forum/yaf_postst4...er.aspx#291656

Quote:
Patricia Kane specializes in treating metabolic disorders and lipid disturbances with targeted nutritional intervention. (There is a lack of information about the area in which Kane earned her Ph.D.) She and her husband, Edward Kane, promote their New Jersey-based business, BodyBio, which provides nutritional diagnostic reports to healthcare providers. The company also manufactures and sells vitamins, minerals, and supplements to providers and consumers. Information on this site states that Kane's primary interest is in fatty acids, nutritional biochemistry, cell membrane function, and neurological disturbances and that she has long been interested in seizure disorders, autism, traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis (MS), ALS, Parkinson's, CFIDS, and heavy metal toxicity
http://www.naturalstandard.com/index...ane%20protocol

her company Body-bio sells liquid mineral supplements
http://www.bodybio.com/storecategory110.aspx

even though she has books about "detoxing" and says repeatedly she is a PHD (just google). She has published peer reviewed documents as a PhD and has pioneered the treatment for ALS called PK . She seems to be on a mission to find a miracle cure

Quote:
Kane is not a medical doctor. When treating children with autism, she says, she works in concert with the child's physician, who supervises treatment.
She said she holds a doctorate in nutrition that was issued by Columbia Pacific University, an unaccredited institution that was shut down after a lengthy court battle with the state of California. An administrative law judge in 1997 found that the school awarded excessive credit for prior experiential learning, failed to employ qualified faculty and didn't meet requirements for issuing degrees.
Quote:
Kane said Columbia Pacific granted her a doctorate after the school "consolidated my work," which Kane described as "clinical work" and continuing medical education courses for doctors. Her doctorate is valid, she said, because it was issued before the university ran into problems with the state.
Last year she was the subject of a television news investigation about her work with patients with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. The disease, which affects motor neurons, is a death sentence.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ous-disorder/3

^ could explain the change in company name, product name, and lack of information available on the companies associated. She is all over alternative treatments, nutrition.. and according to reports she left the clinic that puridone basically originated from after a "TV news investigation".. but it doesn't say on what terms she left

Really fantastic and thourogh research.
Your dedication to uncovering the truth in this situation is admirable.

Last edited by Basoodler; 19-11-2012 at 00:24.
Old 19-11-2012, 04:20

Male from United States

Have not stopped in lately, the comments here are not very encouraging. Honest reply to all this, I am personally not feeling the desire to taper down under 2-4 a day,Im kinda stuck. This has been a personal battle for a bit. Positive note, even with the negative comments in this thread, I am feeling a bit more energized and alert as the product claims. But the tough part is telling your self you need to taper down, Quite frankly I have no choice, I am running out of pain killers. I have been really stretching them this past month. Some days I take 2, others I take 4. You have to understand, I was taking 10-15 a day 2 months ago, It really got me in trouble. I may have to go back to my DR and beg him for a short fill, I am going to try to quit again on the holiday, I will take 4 days and see if I can do it, last time I tried, I failed, But I had not done any research on how to stop and did not have any plan.

I honestly still dont know If this product will help or not. But it seems to be carrying me on a positive path, Maybe it is a placebo head fuck, so say what you like, this is 100% of what I am going through.
Old 27-11-2012, 18:52

Male from United States

Last post here, Tired of waiting for this stuff to work,.... Its not

Great cocktail of vitamins, I will still take it until it runs out, but not a "break though cure" for addiction

Going in to addiction center for treatment this week

Laters

Thank you for the update, and sorry to hear that it isn't what its claimed to be.
Old 27-11-2012, 19:11
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

Good call mate

I wish you all the luck in the world.

Btw you should report these guy to scam reporting sites , like rip off report.. save somebody else from buying into it.

Judging by their history they will probably scrap puridone and puricorp labs just in time to avoid backlash and repackage it as something other miracle cure. If you notice puridone LLC isn't attached to any names

My guess is the core group of investors or possible corporate investors have a business model that uses heavy online advertising and seemingly even TV to manufacture excitement enough to have a good initial wave of sales.. once a timeframe or sales goal is met you liquidate and start over.

Each new product has a new distributor and company name once the product is done those businesses disappear! So any flack from the FDA or bad review stick with the now liquidated company name. The investors can start fresh without burdens of past FDA infractions or scam reports.

I may be wrong, but that is what I took from my research. Hell they are tied to the lady whose docterate was granted from a now closed school, who at about the same time lost its ability to grant doctorates because they were giving huge amounts of credit for past "work".. I'd assume she is as much a Dr. As I am.. to make things worse.. there is no record of her degree

Anyway her M.O. when not selling liquid supplements was to scam people suffering from Lou gerigs (sp) disease into expensive "miracle" treatments.. that would be profiting from others pain.. she may as well had killed them in my eyes.. not only that.. she told them they were cured!

^ allegedly .. it never went to court..

Last edited by Basoodler; 27-11-2012 at 19:56.

Share this on: