Register Tags

Notices

Old 18-05-2012, 20:52

Male from Canada
ryanbobtimjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
pain clinic urine test

swim has been referred to a pain clinic and he has been receiving percocet for the past 3-4 months from his familiy doctor. So swim ran out a bit early this month because swim has been getting really use to the medication. Will swim be urine tested on his first appointment? swim guesses its hard to tell, everyones situation and doctor is different. if swim hasn't been taking it for a week would they know? i plan on telling him that i ran out due to it not working as well. just some tips and insight on what swim is getting into would be great. THANKS!
Old 18-05-2012, 22:37
Titanium Member

40 y/o Male from United States
Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%
I don't know about drug-testing at pain clinics. Did they give you any paperwork explaining their policy?

Wouldn't telling them you decided to take more than prescribed without asking the doctor be the same as telling them you abused it?
Old 18-05-2012, 23:16

Male from Canada
ryanbobtimjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
Re: pain clinic urine test

swim doesn't think so, His bottle says he can take 1 to 2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours. swim can only take 2 if he want them to last a month, sometimes swims pain is worse and he needs to take more. swim doesnt abuse his medication, if i do i go days in pain.

and as for the paper work i dont think swim will be filling any out. in Canada i dont think you have a choice, you are always urine tested because of the high street value of narcotics. Maybe i am wrong though.
Old 19-05-2012, 01:24
Nomen est Omen

51 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline
Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10
Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6%

Not too sure on Canada, but in general, random and scheduled drug tests are a part of just about every pain clinic contract I have ever heard of. Not saying it is true for EVERY one, but probably close. i really do not see the problem. You have a valid prescription for Percs and you will have percs in your system if and when they test you. If you ran out prior to your first clinic visit, just tell them that. Don't volunteer any information that they don't specifically ask for. And yes, they will be able to tell via your drug test if you have not taken them for a week, because there will be nothing in your system and you will be clean!
Old 19-05-2012, 03:09

29 y/o Female from United States
Kara Mia is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"][/COLOR] I for a fact know they will give you a test... I have been through 3 doctors and they have always tested me on the first visit. They will have to test you to know if you are taking any other kind of drug and if you have any in your system. I have failed a test because I don't have any in my system and they cut me off. So always make sure you have them in your system. And remember no second chances.

K

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good advice reguarding no second chances. Doctors are really cracking down on prescription regulations these days!
Old 19-05-2012, 04:20

Male from Earth
magia is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Mia View Post
[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"][/COLOR] I for a fact know they will give you a test... I have been through 3 doctors and they have always tested me on the first visit. They will have to test you to know if you are taking any other kind of drug and if you have any in your system. I have failed a test because I don't have any in my system and they cut me off. So always make sure you have them in your system. And remember no second chances.

K
Can you please clarify why would they not give you a prescription? Because you haven't been taking them??
Old 19-05-2012, 06:47
Titanium Member

40 y/o Male from United States
Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%
Quote:
Originally Posted by magia View Post
Can you please clarify why would they not give you a prescription? Because you haven't been taking them??
Why they would they give you a second prescription if you still hadn't use the first one?
Old 19-05-2012, 14:15
Nomen est Omen

St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline

Quote:
Originally Posted by magia View Post
Actually, a more correct response would be that if you are prescribed a certain drug and you are tested and that drug is NOT in your system, it COULD serve as an indicator that you are involved in drug diversion or sales. IF you say you need a certain drug on a regular basis, and yet it is not present in your system, what are you doing with it? That is how their thinking will go.
Old 19-05-2012, 14:30
Banned

38 y/o Male from Scotland
Aberdonian should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

If what you are saying is true, that you are allowed to take that amount in so much hours there should be enough prescribed to cover that, if not then it not your fult you ran out unless you have been taking too much and ran short, here in uk pm clinic never tests me but if i were u you should always have some in your system and if not, GET some in your system i dont know if this is aginst rules but if you are under prescribed from wjhat u are supposed to take eg take 2 a day for 21 days and they only give u 30 its not your fault so try and make sure you always have enough to show you are taking them before your test so yo dont get kicked off your script? if this is breaking rules please remove mods or let me know so i can edit i dont want anymore infractions and nee to build my rep back up again from 0 ,thanks

Last edited by Aberdonian; 19-05-2012 at 15:02. Reason: bad advice in my post
Old 19-05-2012, 14:38
Nomen est Omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberdonian View Post
If what you are saying is true, that you are allowed to take that amount in so much hours there should be enough prescribed to cover that, if not then it not your fult you ran out unless you have been taking too much and ran short, here in uk pm clinic never tests me but if i were u you should always have some in your system and if not, GET some in your system i dont know if this is aginst rules but if you are under prescribed from wjhat u are supposed to take eg take 2 a day for 21 days and they only give u 30 and have run out surely someone you know could spare even 1 pill you could take the day before your test so yo dont get kicked off your script? if this is breaking rules please remove mods or let me know so i can edit i dont want anymore infractions and nee to build my rep back up again from 0 ,thanks
In general, it is a bad idea to advise someone one in ways to get around a doctors orders regarding prescription meds, but the practicality of the situation is such that this is quite common among those who run out of their meds early, regardless of the reason.
It might be a better idea to go to your doctor and be honest and tell them that you had a flare-up that was fairly severe and you took slightly more than was prescribed, and that this concerns you. Then you can enter into a dialog on achieving adequate pain control and changing the dose or frequency of your meds in an up-front manner, and you will not have to stress about this again.
Old 19-05-2012, 18:51
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from USA - Minnesota
Emin is captain of the psychonauts.Emin is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Pain clinics are no joke. Not something to mess around with. If you mess something up, it will follow you around to other doctors. I've been able to pull the wool over my doctor's eyes and they believe I have some sort of super-human metabolism, therefore making my urine always clean. I have a quick fix for the urine tests so I always 'pass'

Share this on:

Tags
oxycodone