Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Buprenorphine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 16-05-2012, 02:29
Silver Member

Male from Canada
TurboGolf is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%
Will switchin from Methadone to Suboxone put you into W/Ds?

SLeazy Eyed Jimbo has just completed methadone detox today... 20 mg to 20 mg to 15 mg to 10 mg to 5 mg , 5 days.. and it is now 12 hours since the 5mg dose.. not feelin shitty but tomorrow at 9 AM , there will be minimal W/Ds.. now like everyone else who leaves, it is best interest in Jimbo to just deal with whatever suffering will remain whivch is not a lot.. but since he does have subs on the side.. if he took them after this ordeal.. will he go into the Precipiated W/Ds and feel worse off then not even taking them? That is what research has led him to believe but confirmation from this board would be appreciated since the trust amongst these members are far more up on the scale then other sites.. Thank you.
Old 16-05-2012, 02:53
Nomen est Omen

51 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline
Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10
Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6%
Re: Will switchin from Methadone to Suboxone put you into W/Ds?

Quite a bit will depend on how much time has elapsed from the last time you had methadone to the first time you use the Buprenorphine. Methadone has a crazy long half life, and I believe the recommended wait is something like 5 days. I am not certain about that figure, however you might be able to UTFSE and get a better idea.

Another factor to take into consideration will be the amount of Buprenorphine you start out with at first. In my personal experience, low doses of Buprenorphine (at or below 3 mg.) does not effect the further use of other opiates, nor did it cause precipitated withdrawal syndrome. While I have never taken it with methadone, I have taken it with both Oxycodone and Oxymorphone. Obviously, higher doses will lead to the effect that you are concerned about, but the numbers vary widely. I have seen it indicated that dosages as low as 4 mg. will lead to antagonist effects and have seen others indicate that dosages as high as 32 mg. were taken before such effects occurred. Personally, I would tend to believe the lower number, but I have no information that has been peer-reviewed or which would scientifically prove or support such a belief. It's just a "hunch", if you will. One could probably UTFSE and find further information on this subject.

I would try to hold out as long as possible, with the ultimate goal of not using the subs at all, but then again, I just finished my nightmare!
Old 16-05-2012, 12:52
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from United Kingdom
assinomen is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

its a question of timing i have gone from methadone to subutex three times.after the first time in which i was quite sick wih precipitated w/d,s,i was on quite a high dose 40-50mg and thinking like a user thought more is better.big mistake.the next time i used morphine tablets to allow the methadone out of my system and because it has a shorter half life it went a lot better.anyway the last time i went from methadone to subutex but was still on a dose of 30mg i had some p.w/d,s only a bit of vomiting and chills etc but by the next day i was on my feet a little although still needed rest.the point i would most stress is to take a small dose 1-2mg and leave at least 12 hours allow to build up slowly in the blood plasma,the less the better.as the methadone leaves the receptors the subutex will go in,i got the feeling that when i took too much too soon i sort off caused a big queue of subutex in my brain all jostling to get in(the receptors) and put the brain under stress causing withdrawal symptoms.so this time i took 2mg and waited 12 hours and it went quite smooth.if you have got down to 5mg of methadone you should be okay if you wait as long as you can.i think at such a low dose you cannot cause yourself more w/d than you would get if you did not take subutex.try 1-2 mg every 12hrsfor a day.dont forget there is no point going on to heavy doses if you have got so low.alternately take nothing and if you spend several days without sleep take 1-2 mg that will be plenty and have a rest.dont let me talk you into using if you do not want to only as an option if your crazy and are gonna use something else.i am on 6-8 mg at the moment per day you have to be careful not to let the doses move up.take at set times per day,good luck.

assinomen added 8 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by assinomen View Post
its a question of timing i have gone from methadone to subutex three times.after the first time in which i was quite sick wih precipitated w/d,s,i was on quite a high dose 40-50mg and thinking like a user thought more is better.big mistake.the next time i used morphine tablets to allow the methadone out of my system and because it has a shorter half life it went a lot better.anyway the last time i went from methadone to subutex but was still on a dose of 30mg i had some p.w/d,s only a bit of vomiting and chills etc but by the next day i was on my feet a little although still needed rest.the point i would most stress is to take a small dose 1-2mg and leave at least 12 hours allow to build up slowly in the blood plasma,the less the better.as the methadone leaves the receptors the subutex will go in,i got the feeling that when i took too much too soon i sort off caused a big queue of subutex in my brain all jostling to get in(the receptors) and put the brain under stress causing withdrawal symptoms.so this time i took 2mg and waited 12 hours and it went quite smooth.if you have got down to 5mg of methadone you should be okay if you wait as long as you can.i think at such a low dose you cannot cause yourself more w/d than you would get if you did not take subutex.try 1-2 mg every 12hrsfor a day.dont forget there is no point going on to heavy doses if you have got so low.alternately take nothing and if you spend several days without sleep take 1-2 mg that will be plenty and have a rest.dont let me talk you into using if you do not want to only as an option if your crazy and are gonna use something else.i am on 6-8 mg at the moment per day you have to be careful not to let the doses move up.take at set times per day,good luck.
as i may be in a different country to you i am not sure whether suboxone and buprenorphine are the same thing you should check i think suboxone is a blocker.when in the past when i had a heavy habit i took naloxone by mistake thinking it a sleeping tablet,i was in total full on w/d,s in about 40mins very quick way to get opiates out of the system although not recomended.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Some paragraphs would have made your interesting experience report better readable. And yes, subutex= buprenorphine, suboxone= buprenorphine+naloxone

Last edited by assinomen; 16-05-2012 at 12:52. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17-05-2012, 17:59
Silver Member

Male from Canada
TurboGolf is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

thats ok.. i decoided not to go thru wit it im still in pain and gettin chills n stuff but slowly regaining sgtreghtn, prob wont feel normal for another 2 weeks but each day counts.. either way leave for rehab in a few days and i know they drug test and even though im hurting, only thing i been doin was snortin ambien.. cANT wait til tomorrow i get home and have a secret needle hidden will do a few of these bad boys
Old 17-05-2012, 21:00
Nomen est Omen

51 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline
Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10
Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGolf View Post
thats ok.. i decoided not to go thru wit it im still in pain and gettin chills n stuff but slowly regaining sgtreghtn, prob wont feel normal for another 2 weeks but each day counts.. either way leave for rehab in a few days and i know they drug test and even though im hurting, only thing i been doin was snortin ambien.. cANT wait til tomorrow i get home and have a secret needle hidden will do a few of these bad boys

Man, you are just extending the pain if you break out a rig now. Let it go! You said in your first post that you just got out of rehab, are you going to throw that away?

Share this on: