Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Amphetamines addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Amphetamines addiction Support for coping with Amphetamine-, Meth- and Ecstasy- addiction and Amphetamine addiction treatment.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:12
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
molly is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 647, Level: 3 Points: 647, Level: 3 Points: 647, Level: 3
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
advice, purity, cravings, and sleeping on meth

I used/smoked meth for the first/only time recently. Ever since, I swear my e-cig tastes like meth sometimes and triggers cravings. I crave meth even when I don't smoke my e-cig though, so I know its a psychological thing because the taste of meth certainly didn't remind me of e-cigs. It just bothers me that the person who introduced me to the pipe said I wouldn't get cravings the first time using meth. I wasn't particularly fond of the high of meth, it just isn't a feeling that I seek out. I'm sure I would learn to love it though if I continue to use it, but for now the only thing that I seem to want from it is the smoke. I enjoy the process of smoking it too, watching it smoke up in the bubble. Is this how people get addicted?

The first day after smoking, everything triggered cravings. Certain smells remind me of meth, although I don't remember meth having a noticeable smell. The thought of smoking meth gives me cravings. My ecig gives me cravings. I'm a little worried. By the second day, the cravings weren't as intense, or as often, until I think about what it's like to hit the pipe.

Being rather curious, I asked swim a lot of questions because I wanted to try it. A part of me felt it was a bad idea, but when I ran out of questions to ask, I decided I was ready. I remember swim mentioning to me that since it wasn't very pure, it was okay for me to smoke it. The meth was still in crystal form (uncrushed) when swim picked it up though. I'm thinking that maybe he assumed I was worried about it being too strong of a drug or something for me so he told me it was low purity (swim said about 10%). The meth also turns black when smoked. Are shards necessarily the highest purity?

I was awake for about 36 hours before I picked the pipe up. Lack of sleep was one of the influences of my final decision to try it because I really didn't want to go to bed yet. For the first time in a while, I didn't have any responsibilities or worries, so sleep didn't feel important to me. I began smoking around 4am, and smoked my last bowl around 10am. I probably smoked 3-4 bowls. I came home around 1pm. Being almost 48 hours with no sleep, I finally decided I've been awake long enough. I was a little concerned I wouldn't be able to sleep though because I just smoked a bowl three hours prior. Surprisingly, I fell right to sleep and stayed asleep for 6 hours. My first time smoking meth I didn't expect to be able to sleep. I love to sleep, and was looking forward to sleep since before the 24 hour mark, I just had too much going on where I kept putting it off. Meth only made it easier to stay awake, but I felt as if I would be able to sleep the entire time I was under the influence. I've been able to sleep while on adderall probably because I've been using it for the past 4 months. Is this how I'm able to sleep on meth, or was sleep deprivation just a huge influence?

I enjoyed smoking meth, and really want to do it again. If I'm offered meth anytime soon, I don't think I'm going to allow myself to do it because I do want to be able to exercise some sort of self control. I feel as if I'm around people smoking, I'll be lying to myself that I can handle being around it without smoking it, because I know the entire time it's going to be a huge temptation even if I do resist it. It almost seems pointless to not just give in, rather than just torture myself. Yet I enjoy hanging out with these people, and that really has nothing to do with the fact they gave me meth. I'll be honest though, now that I've smoked with them, I enjoy their company even more so than I did before. The only advice I can give myself is to: give myself a quit time before I indulge, remain in an environment where meth is recreation only (contrary to using for study, work, or cleaning my room), move myself to an environment where temptation is minimized immediately when I'm done, and to not stay awake longer than 24-48 hours or use more than once a week. Is there any advice someone can give me? I obviously have no experience with meth, are there any flaws an experienced meth addict can point out in my plans? I really feel like once a week is too much, but a time may come when once a week will feel like its not enough, but its something I will try to force myself to live with if it comes down to it. I feel like an addict for even trying to formulate a plan for usage...but i'd rather have a plan than to dive into something completely unprepared.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Smell is a strong emotional trigger, especially for addicts. A thought provoking post.

Last edited by molly; 10-05-2012 at 11:31.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:47
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,678, Level: 6 Points: 1,678, Level: 6 Points: 1,678, Level: 6
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%
Re: advice, purity, cravings, and sleeping on meth

Gosh, sweetie, you kinda had quite an argument with yourself all through that post.
Can you see where your areas of indecision are, and do you think you can overcome them?

At this point, imo, you aren't addicted to meth, but your internal dialogue and opportunities to use could sure take you down addiction alley whether you want to go, or not.

I cannot fathom how you say it isn't a high you particularly like, yet you fear/crave using, even knowing the potential for addiction?

Idon't know what kind of cravings you had following such an isolated experience, so I can't say that is how people get addicted. Usually the experience you describe, on its own, is highly unlikely to cause addiction in very many.

Please try to think rationally. Even though you are young, you have an opportunity to make a damned responsible choice and proactively prevent your future from becoming bleak.

No, shards are not necessarily the highest purity, shards that look and smoke just like meth can have 0% actual methamphetamine.
And, you can get some very powdery stuff that is out of this world, so appearances are no reliable purity indication.

Good luck with your choices, you are always welcome to vent and bounce your ideas around here.
Old 10-05-2012, 23:01
Silver Member

the word "addiction" is very complex to me. theres no definite way to say i am or im not addicted to anything, no matter how long it's been. I would admit to being addicted to smoking meth, because I fantasize about smoking it, but I wouldn't say I'm addicted to the drug itself, or the high. Addiction can be spur of the moment, or it can be something that happens over a period of time. For example, being addicted to the bag of durritos in front of you, telling yourself you're had your last potato chip and yet you keep grabbing more until you finally put the bag away. addiction doesnt have to be devastating and destructive, and i think thats what makes it hard for people to be willing to admit that they're hooked on cigarettes or meth until its way too late to stop.

I crave the taste of meth, like someone might crave some certain food. I fear addiction, but the people i smoked with have been living productive lives and they have been smoking meth for 15 years. one of them admitted to hitting rock bottom, but only when they were around the wrong types of people who constantly brought around large ammounts, making it easy to use too much. They assured me I wouldn't end up like that as if it couldnt happen to me. they talked very positively about meth. i've also been friends with many other people who pick up the pipe on occassion without it becoming part of their everyday lives. so its hard to say no just because its considered addictive. the addiction of cigarettes didnt stop me from starting those either, and its no different for me.

i feel like meth can be harmless though, yet totally destructive, depending on whos using, their environment, and state of mind.
Old 12-05-2012, 13:32
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly View Post
Is this how people get addicted?
No. People get addicted through continuing to indulge in that 'urge'. Low and behold, that urge can and will turn into a monster craving if you feed it.

Quote:
My ecig gives me cravings. I'm a little worried.
Could you change to a flavoured ecig? If that is a trigger for cravings then you should be smart about it and stop smoking that flavour.

Quote:

The meth was still in crystal form (uncrushed) when swim picked it up though. I'm thinking that maybe he assumed I was worried about it being too strong of a drug or something for me so he told me it was low purity (swim said about 10%). The meth also turns black when smoked. Are shards necessarily the highest purity?
We had this discussion in another thread. You made a post in it the day before you posted this thread and snapped at me that you don't use methamphetamine, remember? Anyway, just like people can use water soluble agents to cut drugs for injecting users; they can also use agents that allow it to be turned back into shards so that it can be smoked. "Pure" methamphetamine definitely does not turn black when smoked.

Quote:

Is this how I'm able to sleep on meth, or was sleep deprivation just a huge influence?
Nobody will ever know the answer to that question. It could very well be because the methamphetamine was shit. You would have stayed awake a lot longer for your first time use if it was pure.

Quote:

The only advice I can give myself is to: give myself a quit time before I indulge, remain in an environment where meth is recreation only (contrary to using for study, work, or cleaning my room), move myself to an environment where temptation is minimized immediately when I'm done, and to not stay awake longer than 24-48 hours or use more than once a week.
Here is your flaw... read on.

Quote:

Is there any advice someone can give me? I obviously have no experience with meth, are there any flaws an experienced meth addict can point out in my plans?
All I am going to say to you is that is how methamphetamine addicts started out. They used once a week on the weekend. Then before you know it the use crept onto weekdays, and before you know it life nose dived south of hell.

Quote:

I feel like an addict for even trying to formulate a plan for usage...but i'd rather have a plan than to dive into something completely unprepared.
Nobody ever comes prepared for a methamphetamine addiction.

well said. this poor guy needs to hear the cold hard truth
Very well put. I wish I'd have spoken to this guy earlier in life!
extremely well-stated. easy to understand breakdown of the issues presented, realistic answers to the OP.
Good post! This woulda helped me before my self-started horrible Adderall addiction... Actually, even if i did read your post, I'd of still justified it being the addict that I am...
Old 12-05-2012, 15:50
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
arrixthelonely is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

You might feel that way about the word 'addiction' now, but trust me man, you WILL know allll too well what it means soon enough if you keep pursuing crystal. It is a fucking TRAP. I seriously wish I'd just never tried it and never had that taste and that experience. Once you have, you're not the same, as you've already noticed. If you're craving the ritual aspect of it like this now, then you will definitely get deeper. I say this not to lecture you or get on this "drugs are bad" tip, but I see a young dude who is standing on the brink of something very very dangerous and very hard to turn back from. Nobody thinks it can happen to them, everyone thinks they're the exception or that they can control it better than everyone else. That's what we all thought. We all feel like the stars of the movie of our own life, and that as the star we're gonna avoid danger and risk unlike the other supporting players. Not so. This is real life, and meth is a MOTHERFUCKER. Please, stop now while you have the chance. It's very hard to let go once you're in it.

Could not have put it better myself. Words that the OP should listen to.
Very well said.
helpful & supportive reply. thanks for sharing your personal experiences to illustrate your points.
First sentence sums it up - period.
Old 13-05-2012, 02:47
Banned

Male from United Arab Emirates
rakeem is an unknown quantity at this point

The only way your going toget over your craving is if you have the mods delete this post and forget all about your experience with it. Smoking meth is the worst way to try it and is the most memorable. The first times hard to forget even at less than 1mg. Your best bet is to not associate with the people in your life that are doing meth ever again. Meth users fume. Yes that's right you will be exposed to meth just by hanging out with them in an enclosed area or if they touch you in any way.

Stay away and forget it and try to let your brain get back to normal. You wont forget though and your just going to go back. this thread was subconciously written warning others that your going to start smoking meth regularly... grow up and fights them...

Concise and correct!
Old 26-05-2012, 05:35
Silver Member

24 y/o Female from United States
madamexmao is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

If I were you I'd walk away. Most of these people are right.

If you didn't enjoy the initial high, as you said, then why do you feel the need to orchestrate a complex plan for how to continuously seek that same high?

I also noticed that you didn't include anything about when you will HAVE to purchase your own. These people are not going to let you smoke for free forever, and you really can't count on this plan to work if you are holding your own bag.

If you are concerned enough about how/when/why you are going to smoke again to need a safety net, and to seek help securing said net, suggests you know it's potential for danger, and in some capacity, are already hooked and somewhat aware that this is the case.

I have had a LOT of experience in this area. It can be an ugly route, and I've heard what you've typed from some outstandingly brilliant people, but not one of them was capable of avoiding the shitstorm. Several of us made it out the other side, some with rehab, some without. We've all relapsed, and not one of us has stopped craving it since we escaped.

I wish you luck, and keep us updated, but be careful. Meth doesn't seem to do much other than jack you up, but it will skew your perception in it's favor.
Old 26-05-2012, 16:05
Silver Member

When I used cocaine, I never bought it, and I never got addicted to it either. I get free meth once, and so far, haven't bought any. So I believe my superior plan to using meth without becoming addicted is to just not spend any money on it, and to never go out of my way to get it. I never consciously formulated a plan for my cocaine usage, but it worked, and I don't see how it won't work for meth, too.

I've had numerous opportunities to buy meth recently. I think I've been doing good, considering I've turned it down every time so far. The fact I have my own bubble pipe and know how to use it, and its cheap doesn't help my temptations. So far I've only smoked DMT with it. I'm not sure how I've made it this far with all the temptation I've been surrounded by. I'm just glad I have the support of my close friends, and this forum. I really want to use meth again, but now is not the time... and that's the way I felt about cocaine the last time I did it and I haven't used that for a few years now.

I've only used meth once. It crosses my mind every day, so many triggers from just one night. For someone who actually became addicted to meth and struggles with it, I couldnt imagine the troubles they face.

I feel like I can control it, and the only reason I'm afraid of losing control is because I've read too many reports of people who have lost it and hit rock bottom. I feel like that some people simply cant control it, while others can find control. I feel like I'm making this more complicated than it should be, and I should either just decide to do it, or not to do it. I should just fucking do it already. I've never used drugs for the sake of doing them, to get it over with though. I just want to stop being afraid of meth. I just want to be able to use it casually, or occassionally. When I learn to say yes, who will be there to tell me no?

I'm not in school. I have no responsibilities. I was plannning on going on a road trip for my summer, which got canceled. When I go back to school, I don't want to have the responsibility of a job, or have to quit one. If I get strung out, I wont need to worry about getting stuck in a loop of needing more meth so I can keep a job or keep up with school, I can just sleep it off. yet having more time on my hands than I know what to do with is a huge reason why i'm afraid of an addiction right now.

i may talk about meth, and dream about meth for the rest of my life. perhaps i've already set myself up for failure, but i think im doing a good job of prolonging it for now.

It's been three and a half weeks since I first tried it. A very long, but yet short three weeks...
Old 26-05-2012, 17:26
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Australia
wrek1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Just a quick reply here if u fell asleep 3 hours after ur last bowl it must have been very average stuff also its not meant to turn black u want it to be clear krystal till its all been smoked, but saying that if u are craving just from that lil bit u had and it being not great quality I would stay away from it, after swim been using meth on and off for 10 years now its a drug where well in my opinion once u try and u like u will most likely keep going back for it. Just be careful and have really strong self control or you can become very messed up very quick off it, iv seen it happen too many times to too many people . That's the prob its such a good high its so addictive, swim says when he gets on its like the pipe keeps calling him back for more till its all gone and then the cravings start big time. Swim finds a few cones and some xanax really help that though, again just be careful and stay in control don't let the pipe control you

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
Old 26-05-2012, 18:01
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
I'm not in school. I have no responsibilities. I was plannning on going on a road trip for my summer, which got canceled. When I go back to school, I don't want to have the responsibility of a job, or have to quit one. If I get strung out, I wont need to worry about getting stuck in a loop of needing more meth so I can keep a job or keep up with school, I can just sleep it off. yet having more time on my hands than I know what to do with is a huge reason why i'm afraid of an addiction right now.
Nah, having no responsibilities now just means you have far more time to smoke meth. Why bother sleeping it off if you have no responsibilities anyway? You can just be high until you go back to school, right?

I mean, I know you don't plan on seeking it out, but I bet you'll begin to meet more users, so that you'll have a decent-sized crew of people to hang out with that'll smoke you up without you hitting up the same people every weekend. And maybe someone will throw you a li'l bag to take home with you. Or someone will leave a little bag at your house when they came over & smoked with you. Fuck, you can get a back for as cheap as $10, right? You have a low tolerance, that'll last you a while, so why not?

Etc etc etc.

Usually when we ask for advice, we already know what the correct answer for us is. You're not likely to find anyone here saying "Yeah! Smoke that meth! Addiction is AWESOME! Don't worry, it's easy to quit - you'll just sleep for a few days! The depression that comes after & takes fucking forever to leave (if it ever does) is nothing major, you can hack it!"

No one can make you do anything, and no one can make your decision for you. But you seem to already be aware that addiction is something that could creep up on you easily. The obsession you're experiencing after ONE USE is highly suggestive of you already having a psychological addiction. And (meth)amphetamines *DO* have a physical addiction as well - it may not be as obviously painful as, say, a physical addiction to opioids, but it's not just a matter of "sleep a couple days & be all set" when it comes to quitting meth.

Good luck.

~Kailey
Old 01-06-2012, 01:27
Silver Member

When I was in school, I was prescribed adderall for adhd. I remember that while I was using adderall, I was more motivated to do things whether it was cleaning my room, playing my guitar, or playing around with fruity loops. It's now my summer break, I've run out of adderall and I don't have the money to see a doctor right now. At first, I didn't notice any depression because I've been hanging out with friends almost constantly since I've been out of school. While I am generally happy with life, my enthusiasm and motivation to do anything is gone. I've even felt somewhat socially withdrawn from people for a little while now.

Realising my depression, my desire to use meth is even stronger. I no longer wish to use meth again for the experience, but to actually give me a boost in life. If I had adderall, I would probably use that to get me where I wanna be right now, but a bag of meth is easier and cheaper to get than a doctors visit at the moment. As much as I would love to smoke meth again though, I think right now is the worst time in my life to do something as crazy as that only because it is the most addictive way to use any substance and this is probably my most vulnerable time for addiction. If I feel this way right now, and I'm not even using meth, I don't want to know what it's like abstain from it afterwards. I feel as if I properly weigh out dosages and consume it orally, it would be more manageable and less risky if I could limit myself to 10-25mg once every morning, skipping the weekends. once I am able to obtain a prescription from my doctor again, I can begin using adderall again. I would abstain from any recreational meth use (snorting, smoking, plugging; partying; binging) and would skip days where production is less necessary (eg. a day at the beach with friends).

is 10-25mg of meth (assuming high quality or medical grade, street product will obviously vary) a reasonable oral dose, compared to 15mg adderall xr? my doctor was suppose to increase the strength of my prescription, but my insurance stopped paying for that doctor so i was forced to instead ration my just-barely-effective-prescription for the whole semester.

Is it realistic to use meth therapeutically like this? is it any more risky than consuming adderall in the same way? A recreational dose of meth from my understanding is at LEAST 50mg, which means a dime bag (100mg, or .1g, and assuming i can even get small quantities like that) should theoretically give me around 5-10 therapeutic doses. is this correct?

If anybody believes I am setting myself up for failure, or justifying use, please justify your answer. Give real life or hypothetical examples and opinions to demonstrate how this could eventually cause a full blown addiction. I honestly believe that the majority of addictions isn't the drug itself (with the exception of drugs which cause physical dependence), but instead the roa.

if i am offered to smoke with my supplier, should I turn it down or would this be a risky/bad idea? From my knowledge, smoking anything causes a spike in tolerance. If I do accept the offer, how long should I wait before I begin self-therapy to ensure maximum benefits (how long should i wait for tolerance to go back down)?

its not meth im seeking, its stims in general. monster enegery drinks dont help me at all, coffee is even more of a joke to me, i dont have any adderall nor would i pay street prices for it, i dont like ritalin (and also wouldnt pay street prices for it), and cocaine is too expensive and isnt very orally active. I was looking into buying some coca tea because it contains other substances that promote energy and good mood. I was thinking also that 5-htp or gaba might be all i need, or maybe some other otc suppliment. meth is just one of my options. exercise might even be all i need to feel the way i want, i just havent had time or motivation to exercise recently.

i just want to feel motivated to live life... motivated to have fun... to be able to actually enjoy whatever it is im doing... i dont have money to experiment with dieting... i dont have the patience to find a diet that lets me live my life... i refuse to take anti-depressants or other medication for depression... i may even be bipolar.. i love my life, i dont feel emotionally depressed at all, but based on what im experiencing right now and what i've read about depression, apparently i am depressed... i blame adhd.

i need both a short term (eg. meth, adderall, coca tea, dietary suppliments, etc) and long term plan (dieting, exercise, etc) to help me with my depression/lack of motivation.

Last edited by molly; 01-06-2012 at 02:36.
Old 02-06-2012, 19:20
Silver Member

Is there any evidence stating that administering meth orally is a high risk for a serious psychological addiction compared to snorting or smoking it?

Any thoughts on why oral consumption of meth may be a bad idea?
Old 15-08-2012, 15:51

27 y/o Male from United States
mountainmanOG is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

sorry i'm late to the party.

I don't know any sources that'll say eating meth to self medicate somehow isn't addictive. 5mg Methamphetamine tabs are rarely prescribed for weight loss and ADHD, I'd imagine under strict supervision. According to wiki dosage is 20-30mg in two doses. I was on dextroamphetamine in similar doses for a long time, it's a much weaker drug. Even at those doses I sure was motivated, I was fuckin CRAZED for the most part.

Almost everything you say is addict speak; cravings and a plan to use without getting hooked (almost always a schedule or a structured procurement of some sort) are CLASSIC humongous, screaming claxon, RED LIGHTS. The moment you think: "okay so I REALLY REALLY WANNA do that again....but it's like satanically addictive....that's cool, not every meth user is a twaked out guy with no skin left....I'll write out a schedule on the calendar only you X every X." you have officially hit the last phase where exerting control will be easy. At this point the cravings are shit...David as a baby. Redose and they'll turn into Goliath, and they'll take twice as long to get lost. At this point little David size "urges" will be gone soon....redose and you're fucked.

This is probably too late, and nothing you haven't gone and figured out. The best way to get away is to move to the North East USA. There is no meth there and people react like you've got three hideous puss-oozing heads when you mention it. Then it's time to practice NOT getting hooked on china white but that's a whole different problem.......

Just don't do it. The downside is worse than the upside and you haven't even forgotten that, but you seem to have stopped giving a shit.

best of luck.
Old 15-08-2012, 19:14
Silver Member

I haven't touched meth for a few months now. My cravings for meth have stopped. My desire to use meth again one day hasn't. My desire to use meth right now is nonexistent for the most part. I'm not looking for a plan to not get "hooked," but rather a less destructive plan that isn't going to destroy me in the end if I could simply stick to it. If prescription meth wasn't so damn expensive, I would be trying to get a prescription for that instead of adderall. If I use meth the same way I've used adderall in the past, I don't see any way I could become super addicted to meth. I just can't comprehend how it can get out of hand. There are many days I wake up and don't feel any need for any stimulant, so I don't use it. Other days I feel so foggy down that I take a small dose of my adderall to give me that extra boost. I don't even take a whole dose most of the time. Sometimes I snort my adderall, but I prefer eating it most of the time because the effects are smoother and last longer for me. Smoking meth seems more like a recreational activity than a productive one, so if I was using it to be productive, I definitely wouldn't wanna smoke it. Also, adderall seems to induce psychosis-like effects much quicker than meth does for me. I don't stay awake for more than 18 hours on most days, and 24-36 hours is usually as far as I will go without sleep even if I have enough drugs to keep me going for a few more days. Usually by day two, if I've been using adderall, I begin to experience psychosis-like effects. I've never experienced this with meth, and as long as I don't binge and over indulge, I haven no reason to believe I will. I am very well aware that meth can put me into psychosis though.

I hate when I'm being judged... I never stopped giving a shit. I'm still here, giving a shit. I'm still clean, giving a shit. I must be an adderall junkie and not give a shit, too because I justify my adderall usage. the downside to adderall can be much worse than the up if used improperly, but this can be applied to ALL drugs. Maybe the downsides for you out weight the ups, but it doesn't apply to every single drug user... im trying to rationalize (as opposed to justify) everything before I ever use meth again. so far I'm still clean and haven't quite decided if i'm fit to use meth properly or not. I have not been exercising addictive behavior with most things I've used so far, and when I realise I do, I force myself to take a break. The break is over once I stop giving a shit about what it was I took a break from. The fact that I'm still talking about it, while not actually doing it, to me, is not addict speak. I used to talk about it and think about it everyday. Now I hardly think about meth at all since deciding I was going to quit, unless its brought up in conversation, in the forums (i hardly browse the forums anymore), or something like a smell reminds me of it. When something triggers my memory of meth, I usually try to move away from the area or do what I can to eliminate the cause of the recurring memories. The only time I cant 100% exercise this practice is when conversating about meth, but that isnt a huge problem for me anyways. I don't give a fuck about meth. I don't give a fuck about adderall. I just need something to help me focus sometimes, and caffeine sometimes works, adderall sometimes works, energy drinks sometimes works, but there isnt ever a cure all drug, but I use what ever i feel is best at the time. I don't even think meth would be the best all the time because there are times I'm stimulated enough without adding more stimulation!

I don't think I'm going to be able to learn anything more about meth unless I actually start doing it again. For now, I have adderall, which is good enough for me. Seriously. I dont wanna risk drug charges on my record and my financial aid. Fuck that. =D
Old 04-01-2014, 02:23
Banned

32 y/o Male from United States
OpiateVoyager should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmanOG View Post
sorry i'm late to the party.
This is probably too late, and nothing you haven't gone and figured out. The best way to get away is to move to the North East USA. There is no meth there and people react like you've got three hideous puss-oozing heads when you mention it. Then it's time to practice NOT getting hooked on china white but that's a whole different problem.......
I don't know what you're talking about. But meth is here on the North East USA. of course it's much more expensive then say california. But in the biggest city of the north east. it's all over the place.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:24
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
Kilomech is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Is there any evidence stating that administering meth orally is a high risk for a serious psychological addiction compared to snorting or smoking it?

Any thoughts on why oral consumption of meth may be a bad idea?
Actually, I have always head that oral consumption actually yields a much lower risk of addiction compared to the other routes of administration. From personal experience alone, that was the ROA that I found the easiest to maintain control of.
Old 06-01-2014, 18:02
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
Diverboone really adds to the discussion.Diverboone really adds to the discussion.Diverboone really adds to the discussion.Diverboone really adds to the discussion.Diverboone really adds to the discussion.Diverboone really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,010, Level: 4 Points: 1,010, Level: 4 Points: 1,010, Level: 4
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%

Clinical Pharmacology of Methamphetamine

The terminal plasma half-life of methamphetamine of approximately 10 hours is similar across administration routes, but with substantial inter-individual variability. Acute effects persist for up to 8 hours following a single moderate dose of 30 mg. Methamphetamine arising from an intravenous dose of 10 mg is typically detectable in plasma for 36–48 hours. An intravenous dose of 30 mg methamphetamine administered over 2 minutes delivers a mean peak plasma concentration of 110 mg/l methamphetamine. Cardiovascular effects may be detected within 2 minutes and subjective effects within 10 minutes of infusion
Via vapour inhalation (smoking), methamphetamine bioavailability ranges from 67% to 90% dependent partly upon smoking technique. Smoking results in the rapid appearance of methamphetamine in the plasma, indicating efficient transfer of the drug from the alveoli into blood. However, peak plasma levels are reached typically 2.5 hours after smoking, which may be due to the slower absorption of the drug retained in the upper respiratory tract.

Methamphetamine is 79% bioavailable via the intranasal route and peak plasma methamphetamine concentration occurs after 4 hours. Nevertheless, peak cardiovascular and subjective effects occur rapidly (within 5–15 minutes). The dissociation between peak plasma concentration and clinical effects indicates acute tolerance, which may reflect rapid molecular processes such as redistribution of vesicular monoamines and internalization of monoamine receptors and transporter

clinical pharmacology of methamphetamine.pdf

thanks for citing these relevant lines from a also relevant paper you loaded up to the Files section.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:42
Silver Member

Just felt like posting an update on how I'm doing since originally posting this.

I haven't used meth 9-10 months. When I did use meth last, it was right after I quit my job and dropped out of school. My grades were suffering, I hated my job, and I just lost all hope in where I wanted to be in life at the time. Since I no longer had responsibilities to take care of, I took advantage of the opportunity to smoke meth. I considered it a "risk free" opportunity because it was my last $20, the stress of school was taken off my shoulders, and I had no source of income to help fuel a new bad habbit. I've had 4 encounters with this drug, totaling about $70.

I'm now in cosmetology school, and work at a restaurant as a host. I quit smoking cigarettes two weeks ago, and have been doing pretty well so far. I feel like a happier person now that I don't smoke cigarettes. I know how addictive cigarettes have been for me, and that it only takes one cigarette to push me to being a full blown smoker again. This is the same motivation that reminds me why I shouldn't use meth, because it is also another substance which is notorious for being highly addictive.

I really love school, every day just gets better. I enjoy learning, I just can't believe I waited so long to do this, and wasted my time in college. I don't regret it though, because I made a lot of stupid decisions between now and then, and have learned quite a bit about myself that I may not have had a chance to learn if it weren't for making those stupid decisions.

I have a friend that told me that I am in the wrong profession to be sober when I told him I quit smoking. I honestly feel like I'm in the wrong profession to be using drugs. I am losing a lot of interest in drugs. I still smoke pot, but even that is beginning to be boring. Alcohol even sucks. The things I have learned that I enjoy the most are doing hair, and spending quality time with my friends. Even though I still like psychedelics, all the confusion they cause me though, it hardly seems worth the 8 hours of complete mindfuck anymore. Most of my trips lately have been quite negative and give me irrational insights. Although it seems irrational (thoughts of the end of the world, etc), I try to look at it metaphorically, and then it makes more sense. The addictive drugs have no place in my life at all though, I just can't rationalize a good reason to use any of them. Passion should come from within, not from a drug, so if I need a drug to feel good, motivated, and alive, then I'm not being true to myself.

I'm not perfect though, you may still see me here talking about doing drugs and such. I certainly feel like I have enough respect for myself and the drugs to make responsible decisions responsibly though. I forget what it's like to get high, because I'm always high on life. Almost anytime I do a drug, although it's fun, it is just a disappointment, because i realize i could have had just as much fun if i were sober, too. I've turned down a lot of free drugs.

I'm just overall feeling quite optimistic about my life, that I have found myself, most of this will soon fade away, and be just a memory to look back on. It is a blessing to have the abundance of resources, such as the erowid, drugs-forum, and the internet in general to help me make more thought out and informed decisions. I probably would be shooting up meth right by now if I had to figure out everything on my own the hard way, because "faces of meth," "montana meth," "intervention," and other anti-drug propaganda certainly didn't stop me from being curious and wanting to do more... What helped me the most is being able to connect with all types of people who have had various experiences of their own that we can each try to relate to.

Ok well I have to go to bed now, rant over, I have school in the morning and I've procrastinated quite a bit already. Goodnight ^_^

Last edited by molly; 07-01-2014 at 06:01.

Share this on:

» New Threads
Should i come off suboxone?
Last post by figgy
4 Replies, 74 Views
Tramadol use after prescribed for...
Last post by detoxin momma
2 Replies, 21 Views
Hallucinations on MDMA comedown?
Last post by Jozi Gold
8 Replies, 280 Views
Stopped for 6 days now