Register Tags

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 06:59

31 y/o Male from United States
Lalaporo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2
Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5%
Black tar the same as #3?

My friend was just reading a book about the conversion of opium to morphine base and then morphine base to #3 herion. It says that this heroin is used for smoking so i was wondering if this #3 heroin is the same as the black tar heroin? I have no experience with heroin so please excuse me
Old 10-05-2012, 08:13
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
Reason4rhyme is on the way upReason4rhyme is on the way upReason4rhyme is on the way upReason4rhyme is on the way up
Points: 568, Level: 3 Points: 568, Level: 3 Points: 568, Level: 3
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%
Re: Black tar the same as #3?

I am not entirely clear on the subject and am trying to go to bed soon so I only read up a little bit... As far as I read (and read about this yourself as well don't just rely on this statement) Heroin #3 is the base form which cannot be snorted and needs to be cooked with citric acid to be injected.. it seems to be good for smoking though. Black tar can be smoked, snorted, and shot without ciric acid (I've belive) which indicates a different form of the heroin (HCl?) in tar. I'm a bit too tired to get into it ATM. I'll revisit the thread tomorrow to see if you've gotten a better response, as I am intersted as well.

-R4R
Old 10-05-2012, 10:40
Silver Member

Male from United States
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaporo View Post
My friend was just reading a book about the conversion of opium to morphine base and then morphine base to #3 herion. It says that this heroin is used for smoking so i was wondering if this #3 heroin is the same as the black tar heroin? I have no experience with heroin so please excuse me
- four major types of heroin: Mexican, South American (mostly Colombian), Southwest Asian (mostly from Afghanistan) and Southeast Asian.

- As reported in the last several issues of Pulse Check, high-purity snortable South American (Colombian) white heroin is the most common type, especially in the Northeast. Mexican black tar, a lower purity, injectable heroin, follows as the most common type and is widely available in most western Pulse Check cities. Southwest Asian heroin is the least available of the types of heroin and is considered widely available only in Chicago and New Orleans. Southeast Asian heroin is considered widely available only in New Orleans, Portland (ME), and Washington, DC.

- HEROIN

Heroin is a semi-synthetic opiate synthesized from morphine.

Description

Four types of South-East Asian heroin can be distinguished:

Heroin No. 1

Crude morphine is sometimes called Heroin No. 1.

Heroin No. 2

Heroin base prior to its conversion to the hydrochloric salt: white to off-white, pale grey or dark brown, solid or powdered.

Heroin No. 3

Smokable form of heroin, not as highly refined as Heroin No.4: hard granular material from light brown to dark grey, sometimes red or pink coloured, containing 25-45% of heroin hydrochloride and other substances such as caffeine, etc.

Heroin No. 4

Injectable form of heroin: white powder with little odour and without adulterants, purity up to 98% heroin hydrochloride.

Brown Heroin

Crude heroin base: medium-brown, hard chunks with vinegar-like odour produced in a process without purification step (purity level, when uncut: 40-60%).

Black Tar Heroin

Crudely processed heroin, mainly of Mexican origin: dark brown to near black material, sticky like roofing tar or hard like coal, with a strong vinegar-like odour (purity level: 30-60% heroin hydrochloride); it appears to "melt" in the presence of heat or humidity.

Read more: Differences of Heroin?? No1, No2... - Drugs Forum that might help you out a bit.
Old 10-05-2012, 18:42

31 y/o Male from United States
Lalaporo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2
Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalReality View Post
- four major types of heroin: Mexican, South American (mostly Colombian), Southwest Asian (mostly from Afghanistan) and Southeast Asian.

- As reported in the last several issues of Pulse Check, high-purity snortable South American (Colombian) white heroin is the most common type, especially in the Northeast. Mexican black tar, a lower purity, injectable heroin, follows as the most common type and is widely available in most western Pulse Check cities. Southwest Asian heroin is the least available of the types of heroin and is considered widely available only in Chicago and New Orleans. Southeast Asian heroin is considered widely available only in New Orleans, Portland (ME), and Washington, DC.

- HEROIN

Heroin is a semi-synthetic opiate synthesized from morphine.

Description

Four types of South-East Asian heroin can be distinguished:

Heroin No. 1

Crude morphine is sometimes called Heroin No. 1.

Heroin No. 2

Heroin base prior to its conversion to the hydrochloric salt: white to off-white, pale grey or dark brown, solid or powdered.

Heroin No. 3

Smokable form of heroin, not as highly refined as Heroin No.4: hard granular material from light brown to dark grey, sometimes red or pink coloured, containing 25-45% of heroin hydrochloride and other substances such as caffeine, etc.

Heroin No. 4

Injectable form of heroin: white powder with little odour and without adulterants, purity up to 98% heroin hydrochloride.

Brown Heroin

Crude heroin base: medium-brown, hard chunks with vinegar-like odour produced in a process without purification step (purity level, when uncut: 40-60%).

Black Tar Heroin

Crudely processed heroin, mainly of Mexican origin: dark brown to near black material, sticky like roofing tar or hard like coal, with a strong vinegar-like odour (purity level: 30-60% heroin hydrochloride); it appears to "melt" in the presence of heat or humidity.

Read more: Differences of Heroin?? No1, No2... - Drugs Forum that might help you out a bit.
Nice detailed answer but i guess no one actually knows what black tar heroin is? Maybe its just a term used to describe poorly processed #4?
Old 10-05-2012, 19:10
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,114, Level: 13 Points: 9,114, Level: 13 Points: 9,114, Level: 13
Activity: 48.3% Activity: 48.3% Activity: 48.3%

Lalaporo,

Far from it. Heroin #4 is pure white crystaly-powdery substance wheras Black tar is a sticky mess of an abominable goo with remains of any alkaloid found in opium. *shudder*

Your assumption sounds astounding to me.

TBBW

Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 10-05-2012 at 19:11. Reason: addition
Old 12-05-2012, 04:46
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from Thailand
chopmow is a decent psychonaut.chopmow is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 238, Level: 2 Points: 238, Level: 2 Points: 238, Level: 2
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaporo View Post
Nice detailed answer but i guess no one actually knows what black tar heroin is? Maybe its just a term used to describe poorly processed #4?
The only thing they really have in common is they are both water soluble.

Mud/Tar is very different, it still contains a lot of organic material due to the fact many stages of refinement that would be used in normal heroin manufacture are ommited. It is refined in a cheap quick process using the Wright-Beckett process. This is a quick easy process that does not require complex lab equipment, it also used acetic acid instead of the higher purity acetic anhydride which is hard to get in mexico.

This process produces more 6 MAM than 3 MAM although both are present.

It can sometimes resemble powder and this tricks people into thinking they have a higher grade product, however this is achieved after cutting with lactose..

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for adding the cut to trick people into believeing they had H #3.
Old 14-05-2012, 13:40
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from United Kingdom
assinomen is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

black tar heroin is made by boiling acetic acid with morphine base this gives you monoacetylmorphine..
brown herion base and no3 and no4 are made by boiling acetic anhydride and morphine base it is then made into a hyrdrochloride salt by the addition of hydrochloric acid(see heroin proccessing in south east asia,and opium cultivation) it gives you diamorphine..the difference is one is mono(1),the other is dia(2)the reason black tar is made is there are difficultys in aquiring acetic anyhydride as is tightly regulated..c e wright the english chemist discovered both ways to do this before bayer.much misunderstanding exsists concerning these two types of heroin.this is the correct answer.answer can be found on wikipedia.

assinomen added 37 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by assinomen View Post
black tar heroin is made by boiling acetic acid with morphine base this gives you monoacetylmorphine..
brown herion base and no3 and no4 are made by boiling acetic anhydride and morphine base it is then made into a hyrdrochloride salt by the addition of hydrochloric acid(see heroin proccessing in south east asia,and opium cultivation) it gives you diamorphine..the difference is one is mono(1),the other is dia(2)the reason black tar is made is there are difficultys in aquiring acetic anyhydride as is tightly regulated..c e wright the english chemist discovered both ways to do this before bayer.much misunderstanding exsists concerning these two types of heroin.this is the correct answer.answer can be found on wikipedia.
what lalaporo said is correct(there is a thread on df "opium poppy cultivation and heroin processing in south east asia dea publications no 20026")the only addition is that black tar is made with acetic acid as opposed to acetic anhydride giving mono and diacetylmorphine respectivley..

Last edited by assinomen; 14-05-2012 at 13:40. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on: