Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 10-05-2012, 08:09

27 y/o Male from USA - New York
JonTheBaptist should review received reputation comments.
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%
Haven'f found this anywhere - sublingual xanax

Could my juvenile bearded dragon allow the xanax 2 mg bar to dissolve in the mouth, swish a few times once melted, then swallow? It may have been chewed just a few times before swallowing to make absorption easier, but the whole thing took after a minute or so. Just want to make sure it didn't need to sit under its tongue for a good 15 minutes before swallowing or spitting out, as lizards rarely spit. I'm hoping my wonderful lizard feels the euphoria he's been searching for.

Please and thank you!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:18
Silver Member

Male from Earth
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%
Re: Haven'f found this anywhere - sublingual xanax

I understand you have to put it under your tongue and let it dissolve, I've heard of people crushing the pills and pouring the powder right below their tongues. It works, if you swallow it then it's not a sublingual administration, although if you chew up the pill and swallow it mixed with saliva you could make it hit you a bit earlier than if you took the whole pill intact.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:26

27 y/o Male from USA - New York
JonTheBaptist should review received reputation comments.
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

I just don't want to lose whatever active chemicals to in the process of chewing, salivating, etc. Would your Boa Python make a suggestion? My lizard is looking for fast and hard. Thanks bud.

JonTheBaptist added 8 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Also how long is the sublingual process? How much longer should my aggravated lizard need to wait before he can swallow it. Until theres virtually nothing left but saliva and good? I couldn't find a time frame or an example as to what it should feel like when the sublingual process is achieved.

Last edited by JonTheBaptist; 10-05-2012 at 09:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-05-2012, 16:04
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
fizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way up
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTheBaptist View Post
I just don't want to lose whatever active chemicals to in the process of chewing, salivating, etc. Would your Boa Python make a suggestion? My lizard is looking for fast and hard. Thanks bud.

Also how long is the sublingual process? How much longer should my aggravated lizard need to wait before he can swallow it. Until theres virtually nothing left but saliva and good? I couldn't find a time frame or an example as to what it should feel like when the sublingual process is achieved.
Depends on the brand. I don't have much experience with alprazolam but do take clonazepam daily and have found that some brands dissolve more efficiently than others. You are not going to "lose whatever active chemicals" unless you throw up or spit it out.

Honestly I just don't understand why one would want to let xanax chill in their mouth for more than a second. It is one of the worst tasting drugs out there. Plus it is a fast acting benzo, even when consumed orally. There really is not too much to gain from sticking it under your tongue.

Just try it and see what you think. No one can say what you should or should not feel. Many people are often let down by the feeling they get from benzos. These things are not opiates; they do not get you high in the typical sense. Try not to have any expectations and you will enjoy it for what it's worth.
Old 12-05-2012, 17:07
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
Kapron is a decent psychonaut.Kapron is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 155, Level: 2 Points: 155, Level: 2 Points: 155, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

When people are having a bad trip and my spider gives them a bar he always tell them to just put it under thier tongue, in my spidera experiance the bar will absorb completely and never be tasted, this method seems to bring the fastest anxiety relief.
Old 12-05-2012, 17:12
Titanium Member

54 y/o Female from United States
ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

my rat takes generic klonopin this way. she chews a bit then sits it under her tongue.

it always works and seems to work quicker this way.

her dbf says xanax works the same way also but she has never tried it.

Share this on:

Tags
benzodiazepines