Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Ethnobotanicals Psychedelic plants, Iboga, Calea, Blue lotus, Ephedra, Sinicuichi, Betel nut, etc.

Old 04-05-2012, 17:13

Male from Netherlands
Kannandstuff is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Sceleticum Tortuosum/ Kanna; how much does one ~1,5cm twig approximatly weigh?

I want to use this herbal drug for depression, I am not in possesion of a precise weighing scale right now and just got my hands on 50 grams of fermented (if it is as stated, color is brown) Sceleticum Toruosum.

I am afraid to overdose and I figured someone on here might have a clue.

Question again: how much does one ~1,5cm twig approximatly weigh.
Or any other way I can approximatly indicate the wieght of Kanna.

All help and info is appreciated!
Old 04-05-2012, 17:31
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Re: Sceleticum Tortuosum/ Kanna; how much does one ~1,5cm twig approximatly weigh?

Depents on how fine it is, depends on how fresh/dried it is.
Its impossible to eyeball a dose. Buy a scale, they are inexpensive and essential for anyone concerned with the weight of drugs.
Old 04-05-2012, 17:42
Titanium Member

Female from United States
Karmageddon is captain of the psychonauts.Karmageddon is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 255, Level: 2 Points: 255, Level: 2 Points: 255, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: Sceleticum Tortuosum/ Kanna; how much does one ~1,5cm twig approximatly weigh?

I don't think kanna is the type of thing you need to worry about ODing on. I asked a similar question a while back and was just told to try "a pinch". I've chewed a stem about the same size that you indicated (1.5 cm) without issues - and without effect actually. I ended up adding a bit more after 20-30 minutes. Remember, it's a plant so potency varies depending upon who grew it, when it was harvested, etc. Also ROA is important with kanna - I'm guessing you're going buccal or with chewing gum? Or possibly smoking it? Remember that straight up ingestion requires a much larger dose than either of the aforementioned. It's pretty mild as far as I remember, but start small if you're concerned. I'm interested in hearing what you think about it. It's an interesting plant. I've been sidetracked by my love of kava so I haven't tried it in a while.

Last edited by Karmageddon; 04-05-2012 at 18:54.
Old 04-05-2012, 17:48
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

OD is not that much of an issue with Kanna, thats for sure. But if someone wants to use it for its antidepressant properties, or anything else for that matter, then i do think that using a set dose is important.
Too or too much and you throw your tolerance off and also the effects.
I know that is not a big deal to most people, but as someone with anxiety/depression, im pretty strict with myself when it comes to finding the right dose and sticking to it.

Anyway, digital scales are so inexpensive these days, every home should have one.
Old 04-05-2012, 18:08

Male from Netherlands

I'm going to buy a scale later on but I am not that patient. The salter 1250 catched my eye, does it ring a bell? I will be smoking this for now, because I want to feel the effects immediatly. I've decided to put two twigs in my shag. I'll report when I am finished.

The Kanna is pretty dried up.

Thanks for the replies!

Kannandstuff added 13 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

I just smoked it and don't feel a single thing, though maybe I am a little more forgetful then usual, but that might just be my ADD. I should feel the effects of smoking immediately right? I'll try it sublingualy now.

Last edited by Kannandstuff; 04-05-2012 at 18:08. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-05-2012, 19:34
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United Kingdom
RClover is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 249, Level: 2 Points: 249, Level: 2 Points: 249, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I have smoked/eaten/chewed Kanna and enjoyed every single experience with it!

It is very subtle in effects but they can be noticed, Can I ask how much you smoked? When I smoked kanna, which I assumed was good quality as it was from a very long relationship, trusted vendor, I experienced a quick onset of a head rush which quickly vanished and was followed by a general feeling of feeling good, I would not say euphoria as it is not the same as the euphoria associated with other drugs but it defiantly was there for me.

I also noticed that I had appetite suppression whilst on Kanna which for me was a downside as I love my big appetite as I do alot of weight training etc.

I would also add that it is said that Kanna has a good synergy with cannabis, although I am not recommending you start smoking cannabis, However if you are a user then maybe try mixing it with the kanna?

Anyways I hope you find a solution Message me back if there's anything else you wanted to know
Old 04-05-2012, 20:04
Titanium Member

Karmageddon is captain of the psychonauts.Karmageddon is captain of the psychonauts.

Am I correct in thinking that kanna may be one of those herbs with a reverse tolerance? If I remember correctly, it may take a few tries on different days to really become accustomed to the effects. As RClover says, it is very subtle. My limited experience with it was that it gave me that feeling of springtime in the dead of winter. Not euphoria, but more of a feeling of hope and possibilities, like bad stuff could just roll off like water off a duck's back . Never tried with cannabis although I have read that it is a very good potentiator.

Been hesitant to try lately since I really enjoy kava and I know that kava is a very mild MAOI-B and sceletium is rumored to have mild SSRI properties (although this is still disputed and the mechanism is still somewhat unknown). I'm probably being overly cautious though and would try the two if others have done it with no ill effects. I mean, I've got this kava spray that has St. John's Wort (mild SSRI?) and Passionflower (mild MOAI-B) in it and haven't had any issues so far. Anyone combine kava and kanna with good (or bad) results?

Sorry this is slightly off topic. Don't want to hijack your thread, kannandstuff, but since we're discussing sceletium...
Old 04-05-2012, 20:29

Male from Netherlands

I smoked three twigs and some leaves this time.
"My limited experience with it was that it gave me that feeling of springtime in the dead of winter. Not euphoria, but more of a feeling of hope and possibilities, like bad stuff could just roll off like water off a duck's back ."

I noticed something this time, I felt kind of mellow, but nothing really enjoyable. Maybe I just got a bad batch or this reverse tolerance thing is true I'll have to see.
Also I don't smoke cannabis because it could make me psychotic.

And yeah you could go off topic, no problem. I'll do that as well then. Is it safe to mix methylphenidate with Kanna? Or has SWIY had any experience with mixing the two? (Methylphenidate does not make me psychotic).
Old 04-05-2012, 21:54
Titanium Member

Sorry, Kannandstuff. I have no idea about methylphenidate with kanna. What I've found seems ambiguous as to whether or not it has a direct affect on serotonin.

"Methylphenidate has both DAT and NET binding affinity, with the dextromethylphenidate enantiomers displaying a prominent affinity for the norepinephrine transporter. Both the dextro- and levorotary enantiomers displayed receptor affinity for the serotonergic 5HT1A and 5HT2B subtypes, though direct binding to the serotonin transporter was not observed."

I would exercise caution and probably try to avoid combining the two, but I have no firsthand experience and am not a chemist. Maybe someone else has a more in-depth knowledge of this stuff?
Old 05-05-2012, 11:48

Male from Netherlands

I think the effect on serotonin of methylphenidate is close to negligeble though I'm not sure since I heard Kanna has stimulant as well as sedative (or calming) properties I figured it might do some more then just hinder the reuptake of serotonin or agonize serotonin. However I might have to make a different thread for that since the title doesn't really help with getting this information.

I appreciate your research.

On a side note, today I snorted, smoked and took the Kanna orally, no effects are noted still, though I would have to wait another half hour or so for the oral dose to take effect. I'm kind of dissappointed in this substance but I might just have got a bad batch. Or should I just keep going regardless? If anybody knows a good source please pm me or leave a comment here, though I'm not sure if this is allowed, if it isn't please delete this part. But I figured since this substance is legal and all...

Share this on:

Sitelinks: Information: