Register Tags

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 20:05

Male from Canada
Yourredness is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
pros and cons of oxyneo

afwnm has got about 2 weeks to decide if he wants is doctor to switch him to oxyneo or another opiate/opioid he started out with fenanyl that didn't work ,then he was perscribed morphine which was a little better then fetanyl patch but the doctor would not rise him above 400mg a day so he put him on oxycontin which did finally work after along time suffering daily chronic pain now due to the abuse of oxycontin him plus thousands more are going to have this working opiate taken from them.can anyone you as tried oxyneo please tell me what the pros or cons of taken oxyneo are also if there is another medication as good as or better then oxyneo.my friend suffers daily chronic pain from failed back surgery and chronic headaches he's tired of the needles in his head just wants a medication that will work ,so please post any advice you can give
Thank you
Old 07-05-2012, 14:34
Silver Member

Female from Canada
LostControl is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: pros and cons of oxyneo

You're in the same boat as many of us.
I started years ago for a chronic pain problem with morphine, but the drowsiness was too intense, so switched to oxycontin. It worked very well, until it was taken off the market in February. Now I've been scrambling for something to take it's place.

OxyNeo works well - I find it works just as well as OxyContin did - but gives me some stomach cramping (I'm very prone to this). Hydromorph contin didn't give the same relief that OxyContin did - I still had a lot of pain, even on equivalent doses. Also, didn't digest the tiny pellets inside the HMC capsule, and got a very raw ass from all the tiny pellets coming out.

So far, the thing that's worked best has been OxyIR. It's the quick release form of Oxycodone - so same effects as OxyContin. You have to take it more often - my problem is that it should be lasting 4-6 hours, but I find I want to re-dose after 3-4 hours. Right now I'm taking OxyIR during the day, and OxyNeo at night (that way the stomach cramps don't bother me, because I'm sleeping, and I don't wake up in withdrawl from no oxycodone in my system).

Good luck finding something that works!

Share this on:

Tags
opiate comparison, oxycontin op, oxyneo