Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Codeine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 18:05
Silver Member

47 y/o Female from United Kingdom
humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.
Points: 398, Level: 3 Points: 398, Level: 3 Points: 398, Level: 3
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%
Dihydrocodeine query please

Hi

As there is no forum for dihydrocodeine I thought this codeine forum was the best place to put my query.

I take dihydrocodieine recreationally, but not often enough to get addicted. I never take it for more than a few days. Even though I have been doing this since about a year ago, I have not become physically addicted.

My question is, on the days I am off dihydrocodeine my anxiety comes back.
I suffer anxiety as a side efffect of a tranquiliser reduction programme I am on with my doctor.

Although I am not physcially addicted could the dihydrocodeine be making my anxiety worse?

Thanks
Old 08-05-2012, 01:23

27 y/o Male from United Kingdom
mrstabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Dihydrocodeine query please

You may be suffering from mild PAWS which could manifest itself as worse anxiety
Old 08-05-2012, 02:14
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
no eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way up
Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My personal experience abusing dihydrocodeine (DHC) tells me that it was not an attractive drug to abuse. The side effects like sweating/itching/nausea were very pronounced for me even at what I considered low (recreational) doses of 100-200mg. I sometimes couldn't tell if I was high or going into withdrawal, either way it was not a lot of fun. My experimenting with DHC only lasted a couple months as a result.

I have no idea if my experience is especially unique or common, but there it is.

If you plan to use DHC to get high I recommend the instant release formulations over the extrended release ones. Taking 120mg in the form of 4x30mg IR-tabs produced a much better experience than popping a single 120mg xr tab.
Old 08-05-2012, 13:59
Silver Member

humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstabby View Post
You may be suffering from mild PAWS which could manifest itself as worse anxiety
Hi Thanks

But I don't have a physical addiction to it?

humdroid added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by no eff eks View Post
My personal experience abusing dihydrocodeine (DHC) tells me that it was not an attractive drug to abuse. The side effects like sweating/itching/nausea were very pronounced for me even at what I considered low (recreational) doses of 100-200mg. I sometimes couldn't tell if I was high or going into withdrawal, either way it was not a lot of fun. My experimenting with DHC only lasted a couple months as a result.

I have no idea if my experience is especially unique or common, but there it is.

If you plan to use DHC to get high I recommend the instant release formulations over the extrended release ones. Taking 120mg in the form of 4x30mg IR-tabs produced a much better experience than popping a single 120mg xr tab.
Hi

Thanks for this.
Yeah, I use the non extended release ones.

Take care.

Last edited by humdroid; 08-05-2012 at 13:59. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-05-2012, 14:59
Potter Potter is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,275, Level: 20 Points: 19,275, Level: 20 Points: 19,275, Level: 20
Activity: 59.5% Activity: 59.5% Activity: 59.5%

it sounds like an addiction.... Physical or mental does it really matter?
Old 09-05-2012, 03:41
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
it sounds like an addiction.... Physical or mental does it really matter?
Yes it does, of course.
Old 12-05-2012, 15:12
Potter Potter is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,275, Level: 20 Points: 19,275, Level: 20 Points: 19,275, Level: 20
Activity: 59.5% Activity: 59.5% Activity: 59.5%

how so then? I would find both concerning in myself.
Old 12-05-2012, 20:15
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
how so then? I would find both concerning in myself.
Yes, I agree, they are both concerning. I now understand, sorry for the confusion.

Share this on: