Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 28-04-2012, 17:30
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from South Africa
blight12 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Kratom Issues

2 questions:

1. Any idea why the fuck I (not my dog, my rat, my lego, my sisters cousins friends uncle etc) need to eat min 20 grams of Kratom to even feeling anything even though I have no opiate tolerance (never touched an opiate ever in my life) and ive only done Kratom 3 times. Note, i know the product is good, there is no doubt in that respect. So far ive tested 3 vendors same shit.

2. I have no idea what opiate euphoria is supposed to feel like but i get nothing more then what i co,uld compare to 1 tiny line of shit coke.
Even when consuming amounts that result in an inability to walk and itches everywhere (no nausea ever but nothing gives me nausea).

I was so amped about Kratom but instead im going nuts with frustration. Im now tempted to do the harder opiates just to determine what its supposed to feel like. Maybe im just expecting to much?

The most I have got is a comfortable body sensation which indirectly influences my mood, however im certain there is more to an opiate euphoria then that otherwise people wouldnt bother with opiates. I am expecting a mood altering high, a pleasurable feeling, something along those lines. If somebody could attempt to explain opiate euphoria in comparison to coke euphoria, that would really help to identify if its occurring or not.

Obviously there is know way to know for certain if my product is good, but i can tell when i have had a big dose due to other effects like weak muscles, trembling, crazy itching, inability to see straight etc

Plus i have heard experience reports of serious euphoria, nodding etc from Kratom, many go as far as to say its better then pharma opiates.

Again i think if somebody could attempt to explain what opiate euphoria feels like, it would really help.

1 thing though my first experience 4 days back i was eyeballing doses and ended up eating a big amount, prob 35g's or so, couldnt focus on anything, walking was hard, it was as if every muscle felt like i had gymed the day before, any exertion on any muscle would result in trembling, weakness, shaking, dizziness etc. I am wondering if that first OD experience has perhaps killed my tolerance for the next 3 attempts the following 3 days.
From what I have read though it doesn't work this way and takes longer to build a tolerance.

Ok to be thorough, I have had H once 2 years back when a dealer accidentally supplied me a G of Thai White instead of coke. Suffice to say hitting a fat line of H while driving did not work out very well. I also did not experience any euphoria from this experience either but i put that down to freaking out not knowing wtf was going on.

Ive honestly wanted to experience an opiate high for years but never willing to do the real thing. Kratom seemed like the perfect way to experience it but alas... Its killing me!
Old 28-04-2012, 17:40
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 374, Level: 3 Points: 374, Level: 3 Points: 374, Level: 3
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%
Re: Kratom Issues

After consuming 4-8 grams of unknown headshop Kratom, I get a very buzzy, enjoyable, opiate high.

Then the next day I puke my guts out and feel overly sensitive to things.

Goes without saying that I've only tried this a couple times, and the after-effects sucked. Nobody can tell you why you aren't feeling anything from it. Bad batches, tolerance, and brain chemistry could all have factors involved.

Common sense would tell you to just stop if it isn't giving you what you want.
Old 28-04-2012, 17:45
Silver Member

Not the answer i wanted but i good one nonetheless thanks.
Old 30-04-2012, 16:00

Male from Czech Republic
Guarra is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

You compared your experience to line of coke so SWIM think you had speedy effects, right? Try Kratom from Bali. SWIM had tea from 10g of Bali Kratom and had best opiate experience in my life, better effects then poppy pod tea, codeine, dihydrocodeine, hydromorphone and oxy. It was so intense, it was scary, SWIM was melting to couch in blissfully euphoria. Bali Kratom is more sedating, other kratoms are more speedy.
Old 30-04-2012, 18:26
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Canada
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.

It can be frustrating, I know. From my circle of friends, only 2 of us get extremely pleasant effects. A lot of other people however don't feel the euphoria like we do. I do it daily (addicted... *sigh) and get amazing effects from just 3-4 grams. Anything over 6 is TOO MUCH, despite doing it for years. Kratom is one of the FEW herbal legal drugs that is 100% legit (unlike bs like wild dagga/blue lotus/kanna/etc).

Everyone is different brother, no need to stress about it. Kratom just isn't hitting the opiod receptors in your body. I don't advise trying harder opiates to catch a buzz. My friends who don't feel anything off kratom don't feel anything off codeine either (codeine is OTC in Canada). If 20g is your required dosage than do other substances, kratom isn't worth it (finacially that is way too much for a "maybe" placebo effect).
Old 30-04-2012, 19:29
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,640, Level: 20 Points: 19,640, Level: 20 Points: 19,640, Level: 20
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoManSavage View Post
Kratom is one of the FEW herbal legal drugs that is 100% legit (unlike bs like wild dagga/blue lotus/kanna/etc)
How do you mean its 100% Legit?
Do you mean it works? Not always, depending on where you buy it. There are plenty of bunk products on the market.

Why do you feal that dagga, blue lotus and kanna are not legit?
Because you do not get any effect? Many people dont feel anything from kratom either.

@bluelight.
You should not need so much to get effects.
How do you know your vendor is legit? Do you know someone who uses them, and have you had a friend try some of the same batches you get to see if they feel anything?

What sort of vendors are you using, ones that sell just kratom or headshops or 'legal high' type sites?
Old 30-04-2012, 22:42
Silver Member

Male from United States
sweetleaf64 is captain of the psychonauts.sweetleaf64 is captain of the psychonauts.

It seems like you are getting the effects. Itching, relaxed muscles, etc... are part of the effects of kratom.
It's just a really relaxed high, nothing psychadelic. You will still have your mental faculties but you just feel extremely relaxed. I always feel alot less stressed out when i use kratom, and just all-around at peace.
You should also feel warmer than usual, and of course you should have pin-point pupils.

Also, it's been my experience that you can build a kratom tolerance very quickly. I take it about once a week, and find that if I take it twice in a week, it's not as strong. You might have built up a tolerance.

You never said how you used it. I personally find tossing and washing to be the most effective way.

And in my case I don't like messing with plain leaf, I got an ounce of it about 6-7 months back as my introduction to kratom and I never got anything out of it. I gave up until I got a sample of a 30x extract.
One gram of that is really intense.
Old 30-04-2012, 23:04
Titanium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
rawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medlinerawbeer must mainline Medline
Points: 3,205, Level: 8 Points: 3,205, Level: 8 Points: 3,205, Level: 8
Activity: 8.2% Activity: 8.2% Activity: 8.2%

The first few times I did Kratom I felt very little, from a starting dose of 1 gram and working up to 5. It was kinda interesting, but pretty disappointing. Then one time when I was really sore from work I decided to try again, took 7g. After 45 minutes I felt next to nothing so I decided to drink a beer. I figured this would at best help the alkaloids gets absorbed, or at least I'd be on my way to a beer buzz. (Note: all these early experiments were done with the same batch of Kratom, simple "premium powdered leaf.)

Whoa! Something happened because about 10 minutes later I felt GREAT! Since that day Kratom has become one of my favorite drugs. It almost beats out cannabis as my all-time favorite.

Since then I've lowered my dose - I typically take between 2-5 grams, more for analgesia, less for stimulation. About twice a week, seldom more than one dose a day. Zero opiate tolerance by the way.

For me a small amount of alcohol enhances Kratom's effects immensely, and more often than not I drink with it. However I also enjoy it on its own or combined with cannabis. Of course exercise great caution when combining drugs. I have a very high tolerance to alcohol and a pretty decent cannabis tolerance and even for me the synergy is quite powerful.

I would suggest very cautiously combining Kratom with alcohol, once I had done this and become "sensitized" to Kratom I was able to enjoy it on its own. It was like I didn't know where to look, but once I did I loved what I saw! I can't say why. Likewise I take less now than I did to begin with but enjoy it just as much. I also avoid using too often and when I feel any tolerance buildup I wait several days to take more, than when I do I lower my dose. This has allowed me to use small amounts of Kratom about two days weekly for over a year and experience no real tolerance or negative side effects.

Be careful. I can typically feel the synergy of Kratom and alcohol about half way through my first drink, so don't go pounding beers. If one drink doesn't enhance the effects I would not go any further.

And you may just be an unlucky person who doesn't enjoy Kratom. However I suspect that certain other people are like me and somehow need to sensitize themselves to Kratom. Kind of like how some people smoke cannabis or salvia a few times before they notice it. Alcohol worked for me, but if you are going to try this please be very cautious and don't drink more than one normal drink.
Old 01-05-2012, 18:42
Silver Member

Guys thanks for the great responses. appreciate it.

Rawbeer, im syncing with your response below. This is how it has eventually worked for me

Right now I am recovering from a coke binge last night, had about 4 beers, and just dosed about 20g of Kratom and finally I am experiencing some Epic euphoria. Very different from what I expected by very pleasant i must say!

Funny enough my last attempt i had bout 15g and and 2 beers after and it made me feel shit, but somehow drinking before dosing has worked out magically. Very odd.

Seems like you need to put some energy into finding your perfect dose, defintely worth the time and effort though. Peace boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbeer View Post
The first few times I did Kratom I felt very little, from a staring dose of 1 gram and working up to 5. It was kinda interesting, but pretty disappointing. Then one time when I was really sore from work I decided to try again, took 7g. After 45 minutes I felt next to nothing so I decided to drink a beer. I figured this would at best help the alkaloids gets absorbed, or at least I'd be on my way to a beer buzz. (Note: all these early experiments were done with the same batch of Kratom, simple "premium powdered leaf.)

Whoa! Something happened because about 10 minutes later I felt GREAT! Since that day Kratom has become one of my favorite drugs. It almost beats out cannabis as my all-time favorite.

Since then I've lowered my dose - I typically take between 2-5 grams, more for analgesia, less for stimulation. About twice a week, seldom more than one dose a day. Zero opiate tolerance by the way.

For me a small amount of alcohol enhances Kratom's effects immensely, and more often than not I drink with it. However I also enjoy it on its own or combined with cannabis. Of course exercise great caution when combining drugs. I have a very high tolerance to alcohol and a pretty decent cannabis tolerance and even for me the synergy is quite powerful.

I would suggest very cautiously combining Kratom with alcohol, once I had done this and become "sensitized" to Kratom I was able to enjoy it on its own. It was like I didn't know where to look, but once I did I loved what I saw! I can't say why. Likewise I take less now than I did to begin with but enjoy it just as much. I also avoid using too often and when I feel any tolerance buildup I wait several days to take more, than when I do I lower my dose. This has allowed me to use small amounts of Kratom about two days weekly for over a year and experience no real tolerance or negative side effects.

Be careful. I can typically feel the synergy of Kratom and alcohol about half way through my first drink, so don't go pounding beers. If one drink doesn't enhance the effects I would not go any further.

And you may just be an unlucky person who doesn't enjoy Kratom. However I suspect that certain other people are like me and somehow need to sensitize themselves to Kratom. Kind of like how some people smoke cannabis or salvia a few times before they notice it. Alcohol worked for me, but if you are going to try this please be very cautious and don't drink more than one normal drink.
blight12 added 272 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Wow ok today's dose kicked my ass so bad. Hardcore euprhoria, nodding the fuck out for hours. Wow,. Anyways i think what happed with my last tries was the my first massive dose (due to dumbass eyeballing) temprarily spiked my tolerance or some shit for a few days. Now 4 days later shits working epically.

Cheers guys.

Last edited by blight12; 01-05-2012 at 18:42. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-05-2012, 05:05

Male from Canada
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
How do you mean its 100% Legit?
Do you mean it works? Not always, depending on where you buy it. There are plenty of bunk products on the market.

Why do you feal that dagga, blue lotus and kanna are not legit?
Because you do not get any effect? Many people dont feel anything from kratom either.
Yeah, I'm talking solely about myself. However many differing opinions would tend to agree with my statement more often than not.

I realize wild dagga/blue lotus and kanna have some recreational properties, but myself, along with most opinions I've read, shows that these herbs are not that effective.

Kratom, on the otherhand, is overwhelmingly positive. Almost everyone who tries it feels it and enjoys it. It's in the same catogory of smoking marijuana, effects that are apparent more often than not, then being lumped in with blue lotus, which many people don't feel a thing at all.

And the kratom communities on the internet are huge compared to other legal herbs. I'd be hard pressed to find supporters of wild dagga that would save it from being banned, like people did in Lousiana not to long ago to save kratom.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:39
Silver Member

Male from Scotland
Hardstepa is a decent psychonaut.Hardstepa is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 295, Level: 2 Points: 295, Level: 2 Points: 295, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

I think that kratom is the type of drug that you need need to learn to use,if you see what I mean.My first few goes were disapointing but now its probably my favourite substance.Just simple things like doing it on an empty stomach can make a lot of difference[for me anyway].The way you take it as well.It tastes horrible in a tea but it works real quick especially if you make it as strong as possible for a small amount of liquid.Or if you want to take an extract follow the tek on this forum to make your own from good batch of leaf/powder.
Old 02-05-2012, 13:49

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoManSavage View Post

And the kratom communities on the internet are huge compared to other legal herbs. I'd be hard pressed to find supporters of wild dagga that would save it from being banned, like people did in Lousiana not to long ago to save kratom.
The reason for the is pretty obvious. Kratom works like an opiate, kills pain and can cause addiction.
Dagga is very mild, people who like it like it for that very reason. People who dont like it, like yourself were usually looking for something that would hit them harder than it does.

The fact it does not cause addiction, or Withdrawals, and its not very potent when compared to other plants means it might never have the worry of being made illegal. Same goes for blue lotus and kanna which has a antidepressant quality many enjoy.

Many people who complain about them being bunk, do so because they dont know what to expect from them. You dont buy a green tea and then call it bunk or say it does not work when you dont get as much stimulation from it as cocaine. The same is true of these other substances.
Old 02-05-2012, 17:20

Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
The reason for the is pretty obvious. Kratom works like an opiate, kills pain and can cause addiction.
Dagga is very mild, people who like it like it for that very reason. People who dont like it, like yourself were usually looking for something that would hit them harder than it does.

The fact it does not cause addiction, or Withdrawals, and its not very potent when compared to other plants means it might never have the worry of being made illegal. Same goes for blue lotus and kanna which has a antidepressant quality many enjoy.

Many people who complain about them being bunk, do so because they dont know what to expect from them. You dont buy a green tea and then call it bunk or say it does not work when you dont get as much stimulation from it as cocaine. The same is true of these other substances.
I completely agree with you, except the "don't know what to expect" part when taking substances.

When I took Wild Dagga or Blue Lotus, I knew not to be blown away. I think most people knew this. I expected to feel even the slightest "buzz", for lack of a better word. Except I felt nothing, and the only feelings I felt were "well, maybe I do feel it" which 98% of the time translates to it being bunk (to me).

When I bought kratom for the first time all those years ago, it was in a cheesy headshop where I had previously bought wild dagga and blue lotus. I thought it was going to be bunk too. Much to my amazement, you can imagine how overjoyed I was when my body radiated with opiate goodness.

So I went into all these herbs the exact same way... skeptical, but hoping to catch a slight buzz. And apart from kratom, no legal herb (even HWR) has even given me the slightest buzz.
Old 02-05-2012, 18:07

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Perhaps expecting a 'Buzz' is where you are being let down.
I suppose it depends on what your definition of a Buzz is.

If you drink chamomile tea or take valerian root you wont get a Buzz in the sense that you will feel any sort of a high, however if you have mild anxiety and you take them they will relax you in a way that is not very obvious but that will help with the anxiety.

Dagga and blue lotus can work in a similiar was, kanna too.
However when Spice blends were first introduced they contained ingredients like these and they were flaunted as being natural Cannabis alternatives. Headshops sold these plants seperatly and also described them as being cannabis like. Unfortunatly too many people use them expecting to feel like they are smoking cannabis. Thats not how they work.

Kratom is a different kettle of fish, its has very potent opiate effects and like you experienced it does not take someone who is sensitive to any slight changes in their body to know its working

The problem stems from calling them 'legal highs' when most of them are simply old medicinal plants, usually used in teas and not smoked, and used for their calming properties, not for getting stoned which seems to have become the expected result from using them.

Kanna, good kanna, has had some mild effects on my mood in the past, when taken daily. But like dagga its sold as some sort of legal high, which its not.

If you ignore all the headshop talk and the silly claims many people make about these plants and take them not to get high, but to aid with anxiety, or help with sleep, or dreaming, or as mild mood enhancers then they wont be as dissapointing.
If you expect a buzz, or a specific feeling, you might always be let down.
Old 14-08-2012, 11:47
Banned

Male from India
bharatbuk needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Re:Effects of Kratom

Kratom is a rather unique drug in that a low to moderate dose will usually be stimulating, while a high dose is almost always quite sedating.This is apparently because the active alkaloids have both stimulant and sedative effects. Which predominates probably depends both on blood level and individual differences between users.

The stimulant level: At the stimulant level the mind is more alert, physical energy and ability to do hard monotonous physical work may be improved.

The sedative-euphoric-analgesic level: At this dosage you will be less sensitive to physical or emotional pain, feel and look calm, have a general feeling of comfortable pleasure, and may enter a pleasant dreamy reverie.

Post Quality Evaluations:
You are just pasting info from vendor sites.
Old 13-12-2012, 03:15

25 y/o Male from Canada
Legalhighbyby should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Ya tonigh I took a smal amount of maeng da kratom , 3 grams in tea ad then had some yagermesiter and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm fucked up waayyy more than usual. Not so euphoric but very sedated, almost to intense at this point . I took 3 shot of yager after I took the kratom.
Old 14-12-2012, 07:53
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Xanahalf is a decent psychonaut.Xanahalf is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

I have yet to feel any substantial effects from kratom and have tried it from several different sources and in massive quantities. The same kratom seems to have a much stronger effect on my friend. I have a higher opiate (and everything else?) tolerance than my friend but still seems odd to not feel anything from 40 grams of powder than my friend uses 8-10 grams of...
Old 17-12-2012, 16:21
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from United States
spliffy37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

IMO Alcohol (Esp 80 proof ethanol) is a huge potentiator to Kratom. Gives it the kick-start!
Strictly opinion...
Old 17-12-2012, 16:37

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Alcohol, small doses, can indeed synergise well with kratom. Although i would never recomend combing the two in large amounts. Strong alcohol like vodka can be used to make a nice alternative to kratom tea. I mix a couple of shots worth of vodka with powdered kratom in a botthe, and i put this into a larger container of freshly boiled water and allow the heath to speed up the extraction of the alkaloids into the alcohol. Shake the bottle every few minutes to help the extraction further.
When strained and drank, this provides a very nice, slightly more sedating effect.
You can see my method in the second post of this thread. http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=158056
Old 19-12-2012, 04:00

25 y/o Male from Canada
Legalhighbyby should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I just recently tried absinthe which is 67 percent alcohol. I took 5 grams of meant da Kratom with 2 shots of absinthe mixed together. Seems to differ greatly as opposed to mixing wit beer or cheap vodka. The effects were literally amazing. Sedating but euphoric at the same time. My opinion is don't drink to much of that booze with the Kratom, mostly likely make you puke. Although I had pleasant effects, I could tell that If I had 1 or 2 more shots it could of turned bad haha.

Share this on:

Tags
kratom, kratom questions, kratom tolerance