Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 28-04-2012, 17:33

36 y/o Male from United Kingdom
timmyuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
really bad off kratom scitophenic depression and anxiety

hi there i bought some kratom last week took 6 grams in a tea i was miss informed about it was told it was a cannabis alternative (sedative) so i thought i would get stoned im currently on medication for schitophrenia depression and anxiety. ive never felt so bad in my life went narly in the head initially could not breath confused very tired and all week have been suffering from nasuea manic depression dissyness and anxiety like somethink real bad was going to happen real scared. im on day 6 since i feal a bit better know but when i spark up a joint i get really really depressed will this go away and how long i wont to smoke a joint again
Old 28-04-2012, 17:36
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 413, Level: 3 Points: 413, Level: 3 Points: 413, Level: 3
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%
Re: really bad off kratom scitophenic depression and anxiety

Kratom doesn't last that long. You need to see a doctor immediately.
Whatever is causing your problems has been causing them for 6 days?
You should be more specific about the length and strength of effects felt.

It is not uncommon for users to experience nausea or a hangover the day after taking Kratom, or the same night.

p.s. It sounds like it's mostly "in your head", but more information is required.
Old 28-04-2012, 17:43

36 y/o Male from United Kingdom
timmyuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

wont it just go away what else can i tell you mate
Old 29-04-2012, 17:20

Male from United States
eebill needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

There's a saying in the kratom world...."less is more"..meaning to start with small amounts of kratom and work your way up. I've used kratom for 3 years and my top end amount is 6-7 grams. I think you just over did it. But like the other poster said, the side effects shouldn't last more than a few hours.

I don't mean to be a Mom..but you're on strong medications for schizophrenia, anxiety and depression yet you still horse around with "cannabis alternatives" without knowing what they really are. Dude, use whatever drugs you want but at least do enough research so you can half way know what to expect.
Grow up, be responsible about your irresponsibilities, have fun and be safe.

Its these scenarios involving "head shop kratom" that is going to get the plant banned.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good point, it's critical to be safe and responsible with use
Old 29-04-2012, 17:51
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
ellisd is captain of the psychonauts.ellisd is captain of the psychonauts.ellisd is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 348, Level: 2 Points: 348, Level: 2 Points: 348, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebill View Post
There's a saying in the kratom world...."less is more"..meaning to start with small amounts of kratom and work your way up. I've used kratom for 3 years and my top end amount is 6-7 grams. I think you just over did it. But like the other poster said, the side effects shouldn't last more than a few hours.
I don't think "less is more" means to start small and work your way up. I believe what people mean by that is > sometime you don't need such a high of does, that some people take, to reach the desired effects. Increasing the dose tends to increase the side effects and doesn't increase the desired effects. So "less is more" simply means that taking less material should still get you desired effects as taking more.

Sometimes the side effects canlast for more than a few hours, especially at higher doses, and still be present the day after as a 'hang over'. Side effects lasting as many days as the OP claims is very uncommon.

The side effects that the OP is feeling doesn't really fit the Kratom profile. The OP should challenge the legitimacy of the product taken or at least do some research on contradictions of taking Kratom with the OP's current medication.

If the OP finds that Kratom did indeed interact with the medication in a negative way, I encourage the OP to post these findings for the sake of harm reduction for others.
Old 30-04-2012, 16:10
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,740, Level: 21 Points: 21,740, Level: 21 Points: 21,740, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

What sort of kratom did you buy?
Was it powdered leaf, an extract, an enhanced product?
What did it look like.
How was it packaged? Did it have anything written on the packet?
Are you sure you did not get some sort of smoking blend instead, because that might account for the effects, im wondering that because you said you bought it as a substitute for cannabis.

6 grams of regular kratom, even to someone with no kratom or opiate tolerence should not cause those efects. I would suggest that if you are still feeling this way that you go to your doctor.

Last edited by ianzombie; 30-04-2012 at 16:33.
Old 30-04-2012, 16:52

Male from Czech Republic
Guarra is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

Dude, if you have a schizophrenia I advise you to don't take ANY drugs besides your drugs for schizophrenia. Wish you luck to feel better.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:05

Male from United States
eebill needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisd View Post
I don't think "less is more" means to start small and work your way up. I believe what people mean by that is > sometime you don't need such a high of does, that some people take, to reach the desired effects. Increasing the dose tends to increase the side effects and doesn't increase the desired effects. So "less is more" simply means that taking less material should still get you desired effects as taking more.

Sometimes the side effects canlast for more than a few hours, especially at higher doses, and still be present the day after as a 'hang over'. Side effects lasting as many days as the OP claims is very uncommon.

The side effects that the OP is feeling doesn't really fit the Kratom profile. The OP should challenge the legitimacy of the product taken or at least do some research on contradictions of taking Kratom with the OP's current medication.

If the OP finds that Kratom did indeed interact with the medication in a negative way, I encourage the OP to post these findings for the sake of harm reduction for others.
You certainly know how to split a hair just to clip someone elses post don't ya. My point was that you start small and work your way up because large doses of kratom usually don't improve the effects. I know that doing that is not called "less is more".. IF I didn't word this post just right, feel free to jump on.
Feel free to criticize it this isn't worded exactly right.

Very childish response. Just because someone disagrees with you it does not mean they are attacking you. Learn to deal with different opinions without being rude.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:39

22 y/o Male from United States
bill23138 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Dont blame your problems on drugs thats what gives them a bad name kratom lasts for like 6 hours not days

This is pretty unhelpful. Try to worry more about people and less about drugs, the OP came looking for help.
Old 07-05-2012, 22:40

Male from Netherlands
Kannandstuff is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1

I think your problem lies more with smoking cannabis then with this single indulgement of Kratom. I would suggest lessening on the cannabis SWIY or quiting it all together if at all possible.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:08
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,740, Level: 21 Points: 21,740, Level: 21 Points: 21,740, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebill View Post
You certainly know how to split a hair just to clip someone elses post don't ya. My point was that you start small and work your way up because large doses of kratom usually don't improve the effects. I know that doing that is not called "less is more".. IF I didn't word this post just right, feel free to jump on.
Feel free to criticize it this isn't worded exactly right.
While it is always advisable to start with low doses, it is also recomended that you keep the dose low and leave days between use to help keep tolerance low.

ellisd is also correct in saying that 'less is more' means that often people who have been taking large doses of kratom have found that taking less has resulted in the same effects they were looking for but with the added benefit of less side effects.

I hope the OP gets back to us soon with an update and some answers, because im not so sure what he took was kratom.

Last edited by ianzombie; 08-05-2012 at 16:43.

Share this on:

Tags
kratom, kratom adverse effects, kratom health concerns