Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 28-04-2012, 16:19
Titanium Member

33 y/o Female from USA - Texas
FluffyPinkElephant is on the way upFluffyPinkElephant is on the way upFluffyPinkElephant is on the way upFluffyPinkElephant is on the way up
Points: 617, Level: 3 Points: 617, Level: 3 Points: 617, Level: 3
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
How is this possible? Meth is a dud when IV'd but seems great when smoked?!?!?

Does this make any sense to any one here? Because I can't understand how this would be possible.

I noticed that this crappy dope that I've been bitching about recently, the one everyone else is all ga ga over how good it is. I have even heard people saying that they thought it to be some of the best in quite some time. I know different ROA produce different effects, but shouldn't slamming always produce a stonger effect and more intense rush than smoking or snorting?

I have to say, that I have smoked the shit a couple times as well, and that was when we discovered that found that it did indeed seem to be more effective when smoked. Pupil dilation, slightly jittery and scalp tingles after only a couple hits...no euphoric rush, but that is to be expected when smoking for us...I have never felt any big "rush" from smoking meth ever. Just high and tweaky.

The effect when slamming this shit is at best comparable to smoking a bowl or so of decent shit but even that would be a stretch. Though at higher doses taken (.70 g) the physical effects were slightly increased and overal duration was slightly longer than at lower doses, over all I found it to be a very short lived 'tweaky' body high, no euphoria or even arousal, no netherregion response either.
Old 30-04-2012, 04:03
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%
Re: How is this possible? Meth is a dud when IV'd but seems great when smoked?!?!?

I never experience this so called euphoric and sudden rush when smoked either. Its more of a gradual come up... I get a body rush "sometimes" when I take a good hit and hold it in deep and long, my heart races, head feels light, eyes throb, and my chest feels warm... But never a mental rush of meth effects...

And Im not an IV user, so I may not be able to provide as good insight as an actual needle user can, but I can at least share with you what I've gathered from my research and what not...

Meth varies from batch to batch so much compared to other drugs. Some certain batches may have more effective ROA's than another batches. Generally speaking, its a good rule of thumb that injected meth produces a more noticeable, distinct, and stronger come up or rush than when smoked... Smoked more so than snorting. This is a rule of thumb however, and while probably true for most batches, doesn't necessarily have to be true. Perhaps your batch is better off smoked. So to answer your question, no I dont believe slamming meth absolutely HAS TO be the best route of administration for every batch of meth. You did mention though that others are "ga ga" over this meth... so...

The individual plays a big role. Some people aren't as affected by certain ROA's as they are others whether with drugs in general, or even uniquely to certain batches. Personally, snorting drugs has never been an effective ROA for me, I'm much better off smoking it. But you seem like you have injected before with positive results, so this might not be an issue with you.

Also, the current mood your in, and the technique you used for injecting could have given you a different outcome than what was expected. Im not saying these WERE factors, you could be a pro injector extraordinaire for all I know :P

All in all I think its the first factor I mentioned.

It's hard to say, and could easily be a reason that I didn't mention, or a combination of several different reasons, and it's gonna be hard for even an IV expert to pin point exactly why that meth seemed to work better smoked for you. If I were you I wouldn't draw any conclusions about the meth based off of that one experience...

Share this on: