Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Dissociatives > DXM
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 28-04-2012, 01:14

25 y/o Male from Canada
Kamuix should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 369, Level: 3 Points: 369, Level: 3 Points: 369, Level: 3
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Check this cough syrup out DXM trippers

Ok so at the pharmacy Pharmasave they sell a DXM only cough syrup with the brand name Koffex, it's DXM only, the price matches walmarts equate brand DXM only cough syrup, 250ml, and it actually tastes pretty good, almost as good as Delsym.

than one day one of my friends who works at another department store found 2 leter bottle of the same Koffex brand DXM only cough syrup, apparently it had gotten shipped to there by mistake and he gave it to me, behold:

It's 8 times the size of a 250ML cough syrup containing a total of 6 grams of dextromethorphan, takes pretty good for cough syrup. anyone ever heard of this brand?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Wow good info
Old 27-06-2012, 18:53
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from USA - Massachusetts
Fordun is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 221, Level: 2 Points: 221, Level: 2 Points: 221, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Check this cough syrup out DXM trippers

What country do you live in? And a 2 liter bottle of cough syrup? That doesn't sound right to me. If i had that much Syrup i would do an extraction on it.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good questioning and exposure of thoughts.
great question
Old 28-06-2012, 06:09
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

20 y/o Male from United States
mrcowman needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

If you lived near me id say share lol, 6 grams damn.. Thats like 3 whole trips..
Old 29-06-2012, 01:55
Silver Member

If your taking 2000mg of DXM to trip you have a big problem there. For me 6 grams would equal like 8 2nd plateau trips complete with cool CEV's and the like, And you can get 5 really stronger trips with some cool OEV's and one absolutely mind fucking 1 gram trip.

My favorite dose so far is 300mg because i get really good CEV's and it doesn't put me in a trance like a higher dose would. Higher doses are very cool but im getting a bit tired of them because they tend to be really mind fucking some times.
Old 29-06-2012, 02:39

I like to stay in the high 3rd-high 4th range for every trip. Unless of course im in public that day, then I just drink half a bottle of delsym and it's a very pleasant low 2nd all day.

mrcowman added 2 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Plus on another note I've built quite a tolerance.... I emptied my suitcase today where I hid all my cough syrup bottles and found 16 bottles of delsym and 12 robitussin bottles... Thats about 8544 DXM Poly and 4248 DXM Hbr over the period of a month =/. I have a problem.

Last edited by mrcowman; 29-06-2012 at 02:39. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-06-2012, 03:19
Silver Member

Jeez and I was worried about tripping once a week.
Old 29-06-2012, 04:23

No noticable side effects though, Feel perfectly normal.
Old 29-06-2012, 14:35

Male from Australia
izerr is an unknown quantity at this point

2 litres? woah haha thats huge, you sure is its safe? as in only active ingredient
Old 29-06-2012, 18:09
Banned

Male from United States
Tripped Out O.o is heading for the Darwin Award.Tripped Out O.o is heading for the Darwin Award.

16 bottles of delsym and 12 robitussin bottles... in one month???
Dude that's way too much. Swim was doing one bottle once or twice a MONTH for 2 or years and now hurts internally (physically) b/c of the abuse. If u must do your dxm at least do an extraction! They are a pain in the ass but 3-5hrs? sure beats wrecking your body for life....
Old 29-06-2012, 21:55

Yes, I completely agree and now that I've got my experimenting and phsyconess out of the way I vow to only dose once a month. Given that dose may still range between 1500-3000mg it will only be a once a month thing.
Old 30-06-2012, 00:41
Titanium Member

32 y/o Male from USA - California
VagabondWraith is on the way upVagabondWraith is on the way upVagabondWraith is on the way upVagabondWraith is on the way up
Points: 518, Level: 3 Points: 518, Level: 3 Points: 518, Level: 3

I trip once a month at most with DXM, and even then, I've begun to get a bit of a tolerance. I usually do 1 gram trips these days, as I want the full monty where trips are concerned. Too bad I cant find 1 liter bottles of cough syrup here. That'd last me quite some time, I reckon.
Old 30-06-2012, 09:46
Silver Member

The good news is DXM seems to be relatively physically safe. It's the mind where DXM does it's damage unfortunately.

Fordun added 4 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

At being said for pure DXM the thickening agents and sugars in cough syrups can do hell on ones liver and stomach.

I'm lucky to be born with a strong stomach. It's sad there are so manny dexers out there that throw up every time they get high and think nothing of it. I don't get any nausea from an entire bottle of delysm. The worst I got was some pretty bad stomach cramps from two bottles of Robo gels which subsided pretty quickly.

Last edited by Fordun; 30-06-2012 at 09:46. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-06-2012, 10:43
Banned

26 y/o Male from United States
blackey is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2
Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordun View Post
The good news is DXM seems to be relatively physically safe. It's the mind where DXM does it's damage unfortunately.

Fordun added 4 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

At being said for pure DXM the thickening agents and sugars in cough syrups can do hell on ones liver and stomach.

I'm lucky to be born with a strong stomach. It's sad there are so manny dexers out there that throw up every time they get high and think nothing of it. I don't get any nausea from an entire bottle of delysm. The worst I got was some pretty bad stomach cramps from two bottles of Robo gels which subsided pretty quickly.
In my group puking from cough syrup has become a "normal" acceptable thing...I have always found it sorta sick and just wrong to think puking from drinking cough syrup is acceptable, its just..gross.

I always kept down syrup, gels, or anything. I used to go through bottles in a day, just chug em down and go about my day lol its the only thing taking the 4 mile walk back home in the winter..its like 12 degrees but when im tripin im like...bring it on natureee
Old 07-07-2012, 22:19
Silver Member

I dosed up on 600mg of polisterix. A lighter dose but i wasn't in the mood for a big mind fucking trip.
I had a great body high and felt like i was rocking and floating and all sorts of shit. But my visuals sucked ass all i got was some very faint looking shit. I think i might be devoloping a tolerance. Although i did take the dose on a full stomach (Just ate a big meal) and spread the dosing out over a period of time (1-2hrs).

I hate drinking the orange delysm it makes me shiver just thinking about it and the grape is only slightly better.

A friend of mine tried and extraction. A simple Cold Water extraction with 50ml of Delysm weighing out to 300mg dextromethorphan polisterix as he was doing an experiment to dissolve the plastic coating to make it more like HBr.

He didn't really feel high but he found that playing video games were really fun all of a sudden and he played some Counter Strike Source and did really well.

He is going to attempt another extraction soon as he is sick of drinking a bunch of Delysm.

I mean Delysm taste pretty good for a cough syrup and its thin too but warm and grainy and when you have to drink a whole bottle of it...Well you can see the problem.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:56
Banned

blackey is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2
Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1%

Heres a tip for dosing Delsym extract if you don't have empty capsules.

Dry it out really nice, take a spoon full and just dump it on the tip of your tongue it will feel really weird at first but as soon as you dump it gulp some milk, you wont even taste it and it has no texture. The first time I did this it was pretty gross but as long as you put it on the right place on your tongue where there are no taste buds (the front) its fine and dandy and you will be happy happy happy.

Be careful with Delsym powder tho you will think its not going to work, sometimes 1 hour and 40 minutes after the dose, than take more and you will get too fucked up. Delsym isnt really something to mess with if you dont understand doses you can trip for weeks off one bad re-dose, 2 bottles of extract had me tripping for a whole week 3rd plateau 24/7, be careful.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:53
Silver Member

I dunno i took a 600mg Dose of Polisterix about 100ml of Delysm and was upset with the lack of visuals. I should have waited another hour or so for the DXM to escalate. But i just took the rest of the bottle the other 288mg. And i tripped freaking hard. It makes me wonder if splitting up a single dose could result in a stronger trip without having to go over the amount normally consumed in one sitting.

Also scratch what i said about the tolerance. I check my bottle and it turns out i only took 80ml of Delsym when i thought i took 100ml So in total i took 450mg of Polisterix.
Old 21-04-2014, 16:21
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from Canada
Phencyclidine is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordun View Post
I dosed up on 600mg of polisterix. A lighter dose but i wasn't in the mood for a big mind fucking trip.
I had a great body high and felt like i was rocking and floating and all sorts of shit. But my visuals sucked ass all i got was some very faint looking shit. I think i might be devoloping a tolerance.
I never developed tolerance to DXM and many users I've heard from report not developing tolerance.

I think an alternative explanation is that you're expecting DXM polistirex to be identical in effect to an equivalent dose of DXM HBr. DXM polistirex is a time-release form of DXM. I am not going to look the patent up right now, but it takes something like 6 to 8 hours for 80-90% of DXM to be released from polistirex, whereas DXM HBr is absorbed rapidly. You also took it on a full stomach and spread your dosing out over an hour or two.

As a general rule of thumb, I find the peak effects of DXM polistirex to produce half the intensity of the effects that I'd expect from the equivalent dose of DXM HBr.

Although i did take the dose on a full stomach (Just ate a big meal) and spread the dosing out over a period of time (1-2hrs).

Quote:
A friend of mine tried and extraction. A simple Cold Water extraction with 50ml of Delysm weighing out to 300mg dextromethorphan polisterix as he was doing an experiment to dissolve the plastic coating to make it more like HBr.
Could you describe the methodology of this extraction? What you're saying doesn't make much sense to me. A cold water extraction of cough syrup? So, he added water to cough medicine and filtered it, expecting what?

It is possible to release the DXM from the polistirex matrix. I have the patent describing how DXM polistirex works and how it's released. I'll find it and post the patent or at least cite the patent. If I recall correctly, in order to release the DXM, an acidic environment is required and it takes hours. Again, I have to look this up, but it requires decreasing the pH (e.g. by adding citric acid) and then waiting for hours for the polistirex to be released.

Could you maybe explain how your friend is going about this extraction? I suspect that he may not know much about chemistry and if that's the case then I doubt that he's going to be successful.

Phencyclidine added 11 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Koffex is basically the only brand of cough medicine with dextromethorphan hydrobromide as the only active ingredient which does not contain sorbitol. There are a few other brands, but they're the same cough medicine and they're made by the same company (just different names).

I think Koffex is the most horribly disgusting cough medicine ever.

Maybe I was spoiled because I generally did DXM in the 1990s. Before 2002, it wasn't difficult to find DXM-only cough syrups without sorbitol. There was one brand, which was sold only in Guardian (and IDA and was their "in house" brand). and it didn't have sorbitol in it and it tasted really good.

I find Koffex so repulsive that from the moment I purchase it to when I drink it, my heart is racing with anticipation of the horrible taste. Even if I put it in the freezer for hours to minimize the taste and it's there for hours, my heart is racing for those hours and I feel nervous. I used to think that I had a cast iron stomach and could basically ingest anything, no matter how horrible tasting or smelling with little difficulty, but not Koffex. I have found bottles of Koffex, 250 mL containing 750 mg of DXM HBr for as little as CDN$3, but I don't find it enticing.

I find Koffex absolutely horrid.

Last edited by Phencyclidine; 21-04-2014 at 16:21. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-04-2014, 20:52

hunter19877 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2
Activity: 12.1% Activity: 12.1% Activity: 12.1%

I like to do 2 5oz bottles of Delsym 1776mgs. That puts me at a nice 3rd plateau. its easy for me to drink, i usually drink it then take a few shots of tequila. I've done a lot of week binges and used a lot of delsym. I used to do it a lot. Like 15 times a month. The only thing i find wrong with me is my short term memory, But even thats coming back. But i do suggest spacing out doses. I've cut back to 2 to 4 times a month or so...

Share this on: