Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Phenethylamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Phenethylamines Phenethylamines and amphetamines.

Old 23-04-2012, 07:53

23 y/o Male from United States
Entheocat is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
2C-x Meaningful Experiences

Does anyone else feel like most of the 2c-x chemicals are kind of empty or is it just me?
Everytime I do a 2c I end up having a good time, but they usually seem rather meaningless. Like a good recreational psychedelic to do with friends or something.

I had one meaningful experience on what I was told was 2c-b-nBome, which is so rare I'm not sure if that's actually what it was. It was very LSD like though. I 'saw' the universe.

I did 2cp recently and it was a really intense trip, but I don't feel as if I learned a thing.

Does anyone have any advice on getting the most out of a 2c? I'm really looking for those spiritual realizations, and 2c never seems to get me there. They also seem to be very picky, as in I feel as if it's easy to have bad vibes, even easier than L.

Anyone know where I'm going with this?
Old 25-04-2012, 06:35
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from Canada
twoiko is captain of the psychonauts.twoiko is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 273, Level: 2 Points: 273, Level: 2 Points: 273, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: 2c-x Meaningful Experiences

My friend 2 has years of experience with 2Cs and he thinks they are equally spiritual, it just seems the overall high is more of a body load, especially in lower doses.

He says 20mg+ is the only way he can really enjoy the experience (though this is 2x the common dose for this chemical, and weighing only 65kg or 125lbs for you Americans. :P) and he says it really brings out the spiritual aspects, especially outdoors with nature.

He actually finds larger doses are a problem when just "hanging out" or going to a club, he prefers little stimulation, a walk outdoors or just sitting in a room trying to stay comfortable with a few good friends also dosing similar amounts, just enjoying music or possibly attempting some form of communication.

The body load is what he thinks most people have a problem with, makes them feel like it's more speedy, they can't usually sit still without getting mild body tremors or fidgeting a lot. Though 2 has no problem dealing with it in larger doses after getting used to the substance.

I hope this helped, I noticed nobody has been posting lately... :P

Last edited by twoiko; 25-04-2012 at 08:55. Reason: unneccessary
Old 25-04-2012, 06:58
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,442, Level: 12 Points: 7,442, Level: 12 Points: 7,442, Level: 12
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoiko View Post
Self-incrimination is not allowed here, please edit your post.
Your take on the rules is very out of date, there is nothing wrong written here.

OP: I have indeed had a couple of life transforming experiences on phenethylamines. 2C-D in specific has been very helpful on my journey - the experience which influenced me the most was actually on a low dose, 26 mg if I remember correctly. The trip was not intense but I learned something invaluable. But I do understand what you mean, and you're not alone in your opinion.

"Meaningful" is a rather subjective term. One man's trash, etc...
Old 25-04-2012, 09:01
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiometer View Post
Your take on the rules is very out of date, there is nothing wrong written here.

OP: I have indeed had a couple of life transforming experiences on phenethylamines. 2C-D in specific has been very helpful on my journey - the experience which influenced me the most was actually on a low dose, 26 mg if I remember correctly. The trip was not intense but I learned something invaluable. But I do understand what you mean, and you're not alone in your opinion.

"Meaningful" is a rather subjective term. One man's trash, etc...
Quite right, sorry about that, though the rule only changed *50 days ago* (my word, I just double checked the announcement and it says 2011, not 2012, my bad, I need to lay off the liquor when posting at night. XD)

I have yet to research 2C-D I wonder how it would compare to the others like E, P and I.

My friend 2 says I is just good for lower doses as the psychedelia can get very overwhelming for him, but 2C-P seems like a milder 2C-E because the come-up and come-down are so gradual, the high lasts at least 14-16 hours every time for him, doses ranging from 5mg oral up to 10mg intranasal which was still quite enjoyable, it seems to have a much milder body load and he finds he gets more out of it because of that, he's not focused on dealing with nausea and such from the body effects.

Post Quality Evaluations:
The rule changed 13 months ago, not 50 days.

Last edited by twoiko; 25-04-2012 at 18:46. Reason: misleading information
Old 25-04-2012, 15:26
entity of sorts

Male from United States
Shampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,785, Level: 12 Points: 7,785, Level: 12 Points: 7,785, Level: 12
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

I think that part of the discrepancy lies in the approach that people take to RCs rather than the traditional psychedelics of psilocybin, mescaline, dimethyltryptamine and LSD. Most individuals approach the traditional psychedelics with a sort of mystic shrouding that imparts an inherent wisdom on any experience garnered within. However, RCs are generally approached with a slightly more recreational or scientific manner (depending on the individual), due to their novelty and the blatant acknowledgement of their chemical nature (while all psychedelics are chemicals, many individuals draw an arbitrary line between those which arise from nature and those which are knowingly synthesized).

This difference in approach likely accounts for the discrepancy you are experiencing. After all, the psychedelic experience, aside from the neurochemistry inherent in the individual brain and chemical interaction, is defined by the set and setting of the experience; the former referring to the mindset and psychological disposition of the individual. As an individual who has approached all psychedelic experiences with a healthy balance between personal, emotional exploration and scientific inquiry, I can assure you that profound and enlightening experiences can be equally acquired from traditional psychedelics and those of the 2C-X phenethylamine class.
Old 25-04-2012, 18:39
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,442, Level: 12 Points: 7,442, Level: 12 Points: 7,442, Level: 12
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoiko View Post
Quite right, sorry about that, though the rule only changed 50 days ago, I wouldn't say it's "very" out of date, but I hate to argue semantics and I'm sure you meant only to correct me.
Not even that really, I just wanted the OP who is a newbie to feel reassured. Cheers!
Old 25-04-2012, 18:48
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiometer View Post
Not even that really, I just wanted the OP who is a newbie to feel reassured. Cheers!
I understand and I was just not in a sober state of mind that night... Not that it's any excuse, I just shouldn't have been posting.

I agree with Shampoo completely, set and setting are 2/3 of the experience so take it with a grain of salt when you don't get expected results. I hope I could at least have been a little helpful.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:24

61 y/o Male from France
Lee-O is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

[Btw: The rule about pretending to speak for someone else when in fact you talk about your experience is what turned me off the very day I subscribed, I thought this forum was not for me (total lack of spirit in my view: the formalism of the letter of the law takes precedence over the truth and the courageous attitude of some of us willing indeed to engage something, to take a risk in conscience to challenge the status quo...). After moving in instead for a while on another forum where that ill-inspired rule was not in effect, I'd forgotten about it and came back here last night for my 1st post. I wrote it "normally" and no local police authority seemed to have anything to say about it. Glad to see that things can evolve with time in the right direction. :]

My post was about my recent 2C-T experiences. Within RCs, I'd only tried MD until now. I thought this molecule (2C-T) was better for what I need at this point. Less euphoric, not empathogenic chemically but largely so spiritually. No more visuals than MD, nothing psychedelic about it, but a real heightening of inspiration (contemplation, and any form of creative expression -- poetry for Shulgin, guitar-playing for me) and entactogeny, which is better "sold" as eroticism/aphrodisiac.

I can only feel particular kinship with someone who has "entheo" in his user name. But it is rather natural that we have different needs at different stages in our lives, Entheocat, and it depends what "meaning" or spiritual experience you are looking for. On the forum I've been dwelling in the past 10 days (French section of Psychonaut), I read a TR yesterday of a cat who did 2C-E and reached at one point what he called "mystical ecstasy" ; his description of this state was clear, it was not so much "mystical" as "humanistic heaven" (embracing the whole history of mankind, marveling at the potential of our species, feeling the tragic of the human condition and the basically good orientation of each of us...), so this really looked potent spiritually.

But I wouldn't want to go through the various less agreeable aspects of the trip, "bodyload", etc. and in any case, I've amply done my time exposing myself to the stronger waves of psychedelics and have had numerous glimpses of these mental heights, enough to then guide me on my path. Three months away from the glorious and wise age of 60, what I'm after is augmenting all good traits and potentials that I have.

I found 2C-T really excellent in that respect (looking forward, for instance, to drop it when playing/singing in public). The TRs I've read on all other 2Cs ALL mention some nefarious aspect, danger (deaths with 2C-T-7 ??!). This one, 2C-T, doesn't appear to have ANY drawback. The down epilog is even in fact more of an up epilog!

It's light, very gentle, won't do it for a lot of us looking for something more powerful. In my view, it's an advantage: you can share it potentially with anyone, even friends and familly who are not "heads" at all.

Lee-O
Old 03-10-2012, 15:16
entity of sorts

Male from United States
Shampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,785, Level: 12 Points: 7,785, Level: 12 Points: 7,785, Level: 12
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

What is the chemical, "MD" which you keep referring to? MDMA? MDAI? MDA? MDE? MDEA? MD is not a known substance as far as I know. Please specify.

Also, as you seem to have noticed, the rules regarding self-incrimination for personal drug use were abolished more than a year ago.
Old 03-10-2012, 19:41

61 y/o Male from France
Lee-O is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Hey, Shampoo, thanks for your reply!

"MD" is sooooo used within the French community and quasi 100% recognized as short for "MDMA" and nothing else starting with "md" that I thought it was the same in the US community. So, above, I meant "MDMA".

Thank you for confirming (and dating) the change in the self-incrimination rule. Someone should definitely reword the generic Welcome message sent to newbies, because in that message, it's said to be fully in effect, and that's what turned me off from this forum for a while, and maybe other newbies.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:35
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
5-HT2A probably knows what they are talking about.5-HT2A probably knows what they are talking about.5-HT2A probably knows what they are talking about.5-HT2A probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 729, Level: 4 Points: 729, Level: 4 Points: 729, Level: 4
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

I have to say I have noticed this phenomenon the OP talks about. The 2Cs I have tried seem more suited to detailed examination of reality, but seem to have less of an emotional push in either direction. This may make the experiences seem less meaningful when they are over due to a lack of emotional reinforcement. Compare this to LSD or Psilacetin, both of which I would say have a longer-lasting impact and are more religious or almost magical, compared to say 2C-E which seems analytical and cold.

Share this on:

Tags
2c-x, spiritual drug use