Notices

Old 31-03-2012, 20:36

Male from United States
alexanderalexis is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Adderall Adjustment

Hi
I was prescribed 10mg adderall a week and 2 days ago and am supposed to see the doc 2 weeks after the first visit. I am to take 1 half of the tablet in the morning and the other half in the afternoon. However 8 days ago I took 2 tabs(20mg) and i did the same the next 3 days.
I did this because i basically wasnt feeling the enhanced focus that the drug is supposed to induce and I needed to get a lot of studying done fore school. After the 4 days of taking the 2 tabs (in the morning) I stopped taking it so i can catch up with the daily dosage that i'm supposed to be taking so by the time i see the doc again i would have the proper amount of adderall tabs that i'm supposed to have.

I know it just seems like i'm making the situation complicated but i just wanna know if stopping the usage of adderall was a bad idea i just committed to. And I know I should have contacted the doc. before i uped my dosage i guess i got desperate.

BTW the 10mgs had no effect other than the small time frame (like 30 to 45 mins) of euphoria but i still wandered off in my mind whenever i was supposed to be focusing on something.
Old 31-03-2012, 21:05
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Adderall Adjustment

The reason the doctor starts low, is to slowly bring you up to the smallest necessary dose to achieve desired results.
That will aid in holding off the tolerance a little longer, and also assure you are taking the minimum therapeutic dose.

No, you haven't totally screwed yourself, but you need to make a decision.

Are you going to trust your doctor, and try it their way?
Or, are you going to continue self-dosing and running out of pills long before you should?

Your answers will have a definite impact on how you respond to this medication.

good luck, please let us know how you do.

Old 02-04-2012, 22:26

Male from United States
embreed is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

From person experience i am asking oyu to not run out early! take what is prescribed or less, because maybe not now, but when youve been on it long enough and the dose is high enough you will realize how dependent you really are on it.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:16

Male from United States

I'm sry for the late response, i'm still new to this site and all and i didnt even get a notification via email.

But anyways I agree 100% sassyspy. I should have faith in the the doctor's instructions. In fact just 3 days before i saw the doctor it seemed that the adderall started to kick in and it wasn't just giving me a euphoric feeling but also helping me to stay motivated and focused. However this only lasted like one hour. When i finally saw my doc. again I told him the drug was just recently starting to work but the euphoria was a more significant effect than focus. So he prescribed me a drug called vyvanse and i am to return to the doc in a month. I took it today and i didnt really feel anything but a little bit of "happiness" i guess, for like 20 mins.... I looked it up online and supposedly this drug was synthesized in a way so that you cant easily become dependent on it. So lets see what happens. Thanx for the advice.

alexanderalexis added 4 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

I know I actually felt dependency becoming a threat because after my high was over i felt worried that i needed the drug in order to calm down whenever i was too tense. Its too much of a risk i won't take a higher dose than instructed anymore. Thank you embreed.

Last edited by alexanderalexis; 09-04-2012 at 05:16. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22-04-2012, 16:15

Female from United States
Bealite3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyspy View Post
The reason the doctor starts low, is to slowly bring you up to the smallest necessary dose to achieve desired results.
That will aid in holding off the tolerance a little longer, and also assure you are taking the minimum therapeutic dose.

No, you haven't totally screwed yourself, but you need to make a decision.

Are you going to trust your doctor, and try it their way?
Or, are you going to continue self-dosing and running out of pills long before you should?

Your answers will have a definite impact on how you respond to this medication.

good luck, please let us know how you do.

Hi, really appreciate the answer you gave, I'm going be starting this drug soon, but I have chonic pain issues. I ware a Butrans Patch now and have been for about a year. Will Aderall effect my pain meds from working? Do you know?
Thanks
Old 23-04-2012, 18:25
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bealite3 View Post
Hi, really appreciate the answer you gave, I'm going be starting this drug soon, but I have chonic pain issues. I ware a Butrans Patch now and have been for about a year. Will Aderall effect my pain meds from working? Do you know?
Thanks

I can't say for sure, because its not a combination I used. There is no reference to any interaction with pain meds that I can find.

I did use pain meds while using methamphetamine, and it didn't seem to have a noticeable interaction.

Be safe, good luck.
Old 28-04-2012, 13:22
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
ebolarama is a decent psychonaut.ebolarama is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderalexis View Post
So he prescribed me a drug called vyvanse and i am to return to the doc in a month. I took it today and i didnt really feel anything but a little bit of "happiness" i guess, for like 20 mins....
I find that extremely odd, i know everyone responds to drugs differently but i also am prescribed vyvanse 50mg daily, it works wonderfully and i can feel it very much every day. It takes about 2 hours , maybe a little less, to start kicking in and lasts about 10 hours very prominently with dwindling effects for about another 4 hours.

And as far as it being less addictive than regular adderall, i would have to agree. Been on vyvanse for about a month and a half and never feel the need to redose throughout the day. Also it's not hard for me to take a day off if i don't have anything to do and just wanna relax all day. Occasionally i will take 2 of them if i have an extra long day ahead of me, i'll just take both at the same time in the morning as i find the effects don't really stack that much, it justs adds to the duration. But i never really have the urge to take another one when i start coming down as i hardly notice any comedown effects at all. Vyvanse is a very smooth drug.

ebolarama added 5 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bealite3 View Post
Thanks
I've never heard of a butrans patch but i'm assuming it's an opiate or similar type of pain killer?

The side effects sheet doesn't mention any specific interactions with painkillers. The only thing I can think of is that can cause muscle tightness which leads to discomfort, but if i had to guess the painkiller would override the muscle tightness anyways. Be sure to ask your doctor about it.

Last edited by ebolarama; 28-04-2012 at 13:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-05-2012, 05:20

Male from United States

I was prescribed 20mg and to tell you the truth i don't really feel anything... sometimes i feel "good" most times i don't. Overall the first week i was like:"HUH? what am i supposed to be feeling cus focus definitely isnt there". I'm about to see my doc in 4 days, I want to up my dosage because honestly, the high affect of adderall was good, but i really don't want to get addicted to it. I'm gna hope he ups my vyvanse to like 40 or maybe 50mgs perhaps, because i don't wanna go back to adderall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolarama View Post
I find that extremely odd, i know everyone responds to drugs differently but i also am prescribed vyvanse 50mg daily, it works wonderfully and i can feel it very much every day. It takes about 2 hours , maybe a little less, to start kicking in and lasts about 10 hours very prominently with dwindling effects for about another 4 hours.

And as far as it being less addictive than regular adderall, i would have to agree. Been on vyvanse for about a month and a half and never feel the need to redose throughout the day. Also it's not hard for me to take a day off if i don't have anything to do and just wanna relax all day. Occasionally i will take 2 of them if i have an extra long day ahead of me, i'll just take both at the same time in the morning as i find the effects don't really stack that much, it justs adds to the duration. But i never really have the urge to take another one when i start coming down as i hardly notice any comedown effects at all. Vyvanse is a very smooth drug.

ebolarama added 5 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

I've never heard of a butrans patch but i'm assuming it's an opiate or similar type of pain killer?

The side effects sheet doesn't mention any specific interactions with painkillers. The only thing I can think of is that can cause muscle tightness which leads to discomfort, but if i had to guess the painkiller would override the muscle tightness anyways. Be sure to ask your doctor about it.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall