Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Recovery Journals > Opiate R&A Journals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate R&A Journals Post your opiate / opioid recovery Journal for community support, advice and tracking progress.

Old 16-04-2012, 06:08
Mr.Cr0wley Mr.Cr0wley is nu online
Titanium Member

32 y/o Male from United States
Mr.Cr0wley is captain of the psychonauts.Mr.Cr0wley is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
My dumb cat and her opioid withdrawals

My poor little ol' kitty - her name is Meepz - is trying so hard. She gets through the initial withdrawal symptoms, but the secondary symptoms always get her. They seem to Meepz as though they might never end. She gets really nervous before sleeping and really depressed which, in turn, makes me depressed. I've seen her go 3 and 4 days with no sleep. It's hard to look at her unshaven beard and lifeless eyes. Trust me though, she REALLY wants to get clean. And possibly happy. She's just one of those careless cats who's gotten themselves in a place they simply can't just "stop". Stupid idiot cat doesn't know I'm even typing this. . .

She's been going at it strong for well on 3 years. Mostly just various pills of the 'codone variety. But in her darker moments she'd eat a dried turd if she thought it would get her high. This isn't her first time to the WD rodeo, but I can tell it's the hardest. She's quit before, but this time is different. Like a true test of my kitty's big dumb soul! Anyway, I've sat there with her and read pretty much every bit of information her tired eyes could take in. But perhaps there's something we've missed that could help, maybe?

Eh, probably not. I suppose it's just no fun paying the piper, so to speak. I told her that much myself. She just growled and scratched me. If I can say one nice thing about her it's that she's quite industrious when it comes to certain things. In fact, she just dug up a lunesta from the backyard and took it. One last 'done in the stash to half wake up with and the rodeo begins. If you had any advice to give, or kind words, I would certainly pass it on. To her. My cat.

She means well. She really does.

Post Quality Evaluations:
please use descriptive titles
Thanks for sharing this. It's very well written with a great attitude.

Last edited by Mr.Cr0wley; 20-04-2012 at 05:51. Reason: finally read some forum rules
Old 16-04-2012, 07:21
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United States
anti liers is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 370, Level: 3 Points: 370, Level: 3 Points: 370, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: My poor cat :(

Crowley/meepz

I started a nice long reply but somthing happened and it disappeared so ill try to hit the main parts again

Its wonderful to hear that ur lil puss want to stop that is a huge step in the right direction

Trust me all the wds will go away and life will get better and easier for all involved

This is a great place to come too. Most if not all of us are truthful with what we have experienced and are experiencing in recovery. Also there is endless amount of info for u and the lil puss

If she can't just stop she needs to do a taper to not only feel better but to make it easier for u to look on

I to know alot of cats and dogs that would not only eat turds but they would sell their most prized chew toy. Its ashame but it happens to the best pets

She can do this. It will unfortunately be hell for a lil while but she can do it just give her lots of encouragement and love. If she needs more then u can give her she is welcome to smack the keys with her lil paws we are here

Good luck and fight for the freedom of being clean

Good advice and support of OP
Old 16-04-2012, 18:59
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
vic-king is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Hi there!
Hope all is well

My feline friend has also had his share of the ups and downs of addiction.

He is currently on methadone maintenance and 2 months free of all drugs(except for the 'done of course) .

I just wanted to drop by and say that meepz can get through this. Going through opiate withdrawal truely is hell on earth but that passes. As you stated, its seems meepz has trouble when the secondary wds come on. Have you read the thread about paws? There is a lot of great info in there. I would post the link but I am on my phone right now. Your cat may also want to consider 12 step meetings if you feel like it could help you in any way. Its has surely helped my cat with support and also gave him structure and a sense of belonging that he did not have before.

Best regards to you and meepz
cheers

Good advice about reading the PAWS thread.
Old 16-04-2012, 22:15
Titanium Member

54 y/o Female from United States
ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3

Meepz can do it

just hang in there. every day it will get better til one day Meepz will wake up and the sun will be shining and everything will seem new and beautiful! trust me on this!!!

tapering really helps - but it sounds like you have made it pretty far already to start adding opies back - but if this is not so try doing just enough to feel passably well and then stay on that dose for several days until you feel 'normal' on it. then go down again. repeat til on super low dose and stay on for a couple of weeks and then go to every other day.

when my rat does this she eventually forgets to take the dose and then voila! no more opie addiction!

another thing Meepz could try would be to take kratom. kratom is much easier for my rat to taper off of than anything else for some reason and it only takes 1/4 teaspoon of bali leaf to hold her for several hours!!! she finds this amazing!

good luck and keep us posted

Good advice and support of OP
Old 16-04-2012, 22:44
Titanium Member

Mr.Cr0wley is captain of the psychonauts.Mr.Cr0wley is captain of the psychonauts.

My cat says thank you.

It wasn't a full relapse. She ate xanax and everything but 'codones for the first two weeks of the secondary withdrawals. Then she quit taking the xanax and had a terrible insomnia for 4 days. It was enough to cause her to make a quick phone call and get a handful of innocent opies.

I bought some kratom for her earlier which she just took. I believe it is thai leaf and it seems to have taken the edge off. It was all the head shop had to offer.
Old 16-04-2012, 23:11
Titanium Member

ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.

the kratom should help a lot. just make sure your cat doesn't become dependent on the kratom

also xanax is hard to come off of without a taper. the not being able to sleep is totally normal. my rat's dbf is going through this right now. it is better to taper from xanax but since your cat is already this far along she should be fine soon.

if the kratom helps she can use it daily and then slowly taper the dose. in my rat's experience it is much easier to taper from kratom than other opies.

yay
Old 17-04-2012, 23:44
Titanium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratgirldjh View Post
the kratom should help a lot. just make sure your cat doesn't become dependent on the kratom

also xanax is hard to come off of without a taper. the not being able to sleep is totally normal. my rat's dbf is going through this right now. it is better to taper from xanax but since your cat is already this far along she should be fine soon.

if the kratom helps she can use it daily and then slowly taper the dose. in my rat's experience it is much easier to taper from kratom than other opies.

yay
Kratom was a fail. Perhaps she bought some lesser quality stuff but i think it just made her hungry for her favorite cat food.

My cat laughed when she read the acronym PAWS, by the way.

Unfortunately, reading about and participating in PAWS are two different experiences. She has all the knowledge for success these forums have to offer. It's the willpower that comes and goes. She has a few xanax left, which she got from her vet, and is just trying to hold out til 6 everyday. Morning sucks for her but is manageable. The afternoon restlessness is a different story.
Old 18-04-2012, 00:01
Titanium Member

good luck! just keep going day by day. my rat finds that if she tells herself wait til tomorrow and then when tomorrow comes she puts it off again... just get through one day at a time.
Old 18-04-2012, 08:44
Silver Member

34 y/o Female from United States
Relapse_Rollercoaster is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 194, Level: 2 Points: 194, Level: 2 Points: 194, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: My dumb cat and her opioid withdrawls

I can completely identify with what you're going throught with your kitty. My cat pooter has been on that ride for 10 years, and is also ready to get off for good. Life is so much better sober, and kitty actually has real friends, and healthy relationships. Our cats have a long road, and it won't be easy, but look into all the how to threads in the opiate addiction and recovery category. When the kitty is tired of it completely the advice there is very helpful..... Well wishes for our sick kitties
Old 19-04-2012, 23:42
Titanium Member

How is Meepz doing?
Old 20-04-2012, 05:48
Titanium Member

Thanks for asking, Ratgirl. Meepz said to tell your rat hello.

She's alright. Been surviving on like one hydrocodone a day and half a xanax bar at night. It's really almost a silly amount to keep using considering it might as well be nothing, but it's oddly enough to keep her soldiering on. In a few more days she'll have no more anything and has no plans to visit the neighborhood doctor. She's out of the darkest part of the woods, I think.

No matter how awful she feels if there's at least the tiniest bit of relief in sight once or twice a day, well, that seems to be enough. Especially because my cat works and can't miss anymore days because of this silly shit. Today was the first day she didn't feel like absolute shit for the entire day. Didn't have to force food down either. So, not quite to that beautiful light at the end of the tunnel, but the hair on her neck stands up and dances once or twice a day at the thought of life, peaceful and sober.

Mr.Cr0wley added 3 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relapse_Rollercoaster View Post
I can completely identify with what you're going throught with your kitty. My cat pooter has been on that ride for 10 years, and is also ready to get off for good. Life is so much better sober, and kitty actually has real friends, and healthy relationships. Our cats have a long road, and it won't be easy, but look into all the how to threads in the opiate addiction and recovery category. When the kitty is tired of it completely the advice there is very helpful..... Well wishes for our sick kitties
My cat giggles at your screen name and cries a little at the same time. She's gone on that rollercoaster a few times. It's a shame too. She really does like sobriety. There's just this little evil tick that whispers in her ear sometimes.

Best of luck, to Pooter, that is.

Cats always find there way home.

Last edited by Mr.Cr0wley; 20-04-2012 at 05:48. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
addiction and recovery, alprazolam addiction, alprazolam tapering, hydrocodone, hydrocodone addiction, hydrocodone and alprazolam, kratom for opiate withdrawal, kratom for withdrawal, opiate addiction, opiate addiction recovery, opiate taper, opiate withdrawal, oxycodone, withdrawals

» New Threads
what was the first drug that you...
Last post by laron16
123 Replies, 10,029 Views
How Hard was it for you to get...
Last post by tidruid
21 Replies, 1,274 Views
loperamide what do you know?
Last post by Beenthere2Hippie
1 Replies, 19 Views
lyrica for opiate withdrawal!?!
Last post by LuLu81