Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 16-04-2012, 17:11
Silver Member

Female from United States
neonblur is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
getting ready to go into cold turkey with no subs. im scared.

well i got down to a bag and a half a day ive run out of dope. i dont get paid for three days. i guess this is itm im going to end up WDng cold turkey and im terrified. i detoxed in 3 days with subs once, but never without anything but over the counter meds. im so scared. theres no detox centers with beds right now, but ive heard mixed reviews on that anyhow.

i was really hoping to be weaned down more. im stressing out. i have klonopins becuase i am prescribed them, but other then that thats it. i have 30 bucks to my name but dealer wont bother with 1 30 dollar bag im trying to come up with some money, but i think this is really it.

can i get some words of encouragement, tips, hints, anything? how long do you think this will last? the habit has been about a year long every day. ive quit twice but never for longer then a week and it was with subs.

im female, i hear wds are slightly less bad for girls for some reason.
Old 16-04-2012, 17:28
Silver Member

Male from United States
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: getting ready to go into cold turkey with no subs. im scared.

It's time to put on the gloves. And if you have any money left then you may want to stock up on the following items:
Water: Try to get enough bottled water for the next 7 days. Your body consists of 70% water. The less water you have in your body then the weaker you'll feel. The more water you’re able to drink and hold down then the stronger your body will become and the better your body will feel. Water detoxifies the body and helps regulate body temperature. Your muscles, especially your larger muscle groups such as your leg muscles will begin to feel much better much faster when they're hydrated with water since your muscles are made up of 75% water.

Furthermore, one tall glass or bottle of cold water can energize your body within minutes. Therefore, water is the most important element your body will need during the next several days. Bread and Peanut butter: Although you may not be able to eat for the first 2 to 3 days, you might still be able to chew and swallow quarters or even half cut peanut butter sandwiches.

This is what they feed the prisoners who are going through heroin withdrawal here at the 33rd Street jail in Orlando Florida. Peanut butter sandwiches provide protein, fiber, sugar carbohydrates and increase endorphin levels as well. And since they taste so good, then they’re easy to eat.
NyQuil nighttime flu medicine, (Night Nurse in the UK): Heroin withdrawal is worst than the worst flu in the world, multiplied 1000 times, and at borderline with death.

Taking flu medicines such as NyQuil or DayQuil every 3, 4 to 5 hours will begin to reduce withdrawal/flu symptoms after the first few dosages. Furthermore, it may even give you a slight buzz to help reduce anxiety as well.
Valerian Root Capsules, known as natures Valium, is an herbal supplement which can be used to relieve anxiety and restlessness. Valerian Root and Valiums seem to affect the brain in a similar manner, binding to the same receptors, and having similar effects to those of valiums.

Valerian Root capsules make an excellent, natural substitute for Valiums when taken in high dosages. (Valerian Root capsules can be purchased at Walmart. And in the UK you should be able to get Valerian Root capsules at any pharmacy, natural supplement or vitamin store.)
Anti-Nausea remedies: OTC (over-the-counter) medicines which may help alleviate nauseated stomachs are Pepto-Bismol, Maalox and Mylanta. A couple of large spoons of either one may help.

You may want to start taking these medicines before you start getting really sick in order to hold them down and relieve the nausea before it even begins. More effective OTC Anti-Nausea medications are Emetrol, Nauzene, and Dramamine, all of which can be purchased at your local pharmacy or Walmart.

Imodium Multi-Symptom Relief, is an over-the-counter drug, which contains Loperamide, which is an opioid drug.

And this may be the reason why it can help relieve diarrhea and other withdrawal symptoms when taken at double the dosage throughout the day.
Gatorade can help restore electrolytes in your system and can be watered down as well. More OTC medicines and remedies are listed below. And if you have any money left at all then obtaining the items mentioned above will help you greatly when quitting heroin cold turkey.

However, even with meds, quitting heroin cold turkey will not be easy by any means and may be dangerous for some depending on your present state of health. But...it can be done. It’s been done over and over again, and you can do too!

I realize that quitting heroin cold turkey is easier said than done. I've been through the bone crushing pains and horrific cold chills many times. Never the less, quitting heroin cold turkey should always be Plan A. Because once you're done, you're done. You wont have to taper down from anything else.

Furthermore, subs and sub doctors are expensive. We learn a far greater lesson and have a far greater fear for heroin when we quit heroin cold turkey. The painful withdrawals are, in a sense, our reaping for being so foolish for trying heroin in the first place, turning our bodies into heroin slaves, and for hurting those who love us the most. Either way, this will be an experience that you will never forget.

thats all i could find.. hope it helps

Post Quality Evaluations:
great accurate info!
An all around excellent post! Jam packed with information, support, and compassion. Loved the pics and format also. Great, great, post and top points.
thank you for the extensive information that not only helps me but will help others.
excellent info
Such an eye-catching and supportive post. It's like a little pep rally right here on DF. Love it.
Old 16-04-2012, 18:08

33 y/o Male from United States
3dayrattle is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

If you can't afford anything else go with the Immodium. Do a goggle search on Loperaide and Opiate withdraw. I can tell you that if you take enough Lope that you will feel almost no withdrawl symptoms.
Old 17-04-2012, 01:10
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dayrattle View Post
If you can't afford anything else go with the Immodium. Do a goggle search on Loperaide and Opiate withdraw. I can tell you that if you take enough Lope that you will feel almost no withdrawl symptoms.

like how much? i know dope blocks you up but if you eat a ton of immodium, wont that be really bad for your system?

neonblur added 5 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

thank you so much to the previous poster for the extensive reply. that had to take you a while. i know the meds will help i guess i was asking for a more personal experiance. i somehow managed to get 80 bucks together and got some more so i can taper down a bit furtther. im still interested in any links or personal advice from other women who have been there.

Last edited by neonblur; 17-04-2012 at 01:10. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17-04-2012, 07:48

Male from United States
CaptainSammy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I wouldn't recommend going cold turkey by yourself. You'll end up stopping at nothing to get your fix. Have someone else there who'll stop you from doing something stupid, such as stealing, etc.
Old 19-04-2012, 11:54
Silver Member

Male from USA - California
Crotch is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

You should get something to help pass the time, like a video game or really long movies. Anything to distract yourself. It's already been mentioned, but WATER is super important. It would also help if you had a friend to reasure you. Good luck.
Old 21-04-2012, 02:16
Silver Member

well its me and my bf were doing it together. i wont let him get more and i dont want more. i have less of a tolerance, so im taking care of him the first day and a half before i get sick, and its just starting for him. i have have a bag left. :/ so this is war i suppose. i dontthink itll be as bad for me as it will be for him hes always needing his shot way before me. its just rough taking care of him right now in the first few hours, hes acting like the exorcist.

im giving him immodium and water and i have a stockpile of sleep meds and anxiety meds and ensure drinks. i hope im not as bad as him.
Old 24-04-2012, 07:42

Male from United States
Opiates n Grunge should review received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

SWIM would never suggest illegally purchasing drugs, but since the suboxone clinics are full, there's always a chance SWIY can find someone that can sell them a few suboxone.
Old 26-04-2012, 05:46
Silver Member

oh ive tried, none around that i can find. thats how i got them last time.
Old 27-04-2012, 06:07
Silver Member

Male from Australia
Joe29 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Im doing it cold, on day 2.
Good luck.
Old 29-04-2012, 09:04
Silver Member

34 y/o Female from United States
lovage is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 120, Level: 1 Points: 120, Level: 1 Points: 120, Level: 1

SWIM has never had the pleasure of using subs to detox, so she has no good comparison. But EternalReality pretty much hit all the tips spot on. It sucks and it's miserable but the upside is you only feel like real shit for 3-4 days, the rest of the time it's just a manageable generally unwell feeling, for SWIM anyways. Good luck
Old 30-04-2012, 07:37
Silver Member

are guys withdrawl symptoms generally worse then womens? or do you think women just tend to tolerate pain better?
Old 30-04-2012, 07:45
Silver Member

34 y/o Female from United States
lovage is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 120, Level: 1 Points: 120, Level: 1 Points: 120, Level: 1

As a female I cannot compare the two but I can say that through MANY detoxes with men we have both seemed equally miserable. I've never heard the gender theory before, although detox pain is so subjective and everyone is so different it would be hard to tell.
Old 30-04-2012, 09:54
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Female from United Kingdom
southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.
Points: 1,921, Level: 6 Points: 1,921, Level: 6 Points: 1,921, Level: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonblur View Post
are guys withdrawl symptoms generally worse then womens? or do you think women just tend to tolerate pain better?
My personal opinion is that women can tolerate pain better than men. Saying that, obviously everyone differs. Im a huge baby. A complete wuss. I have such a low pain threshold, its almost embarrassing. Then again that might be down to a couple of years of chronic pain. No, you know what, I was a complete wuss before that. When I was in labor, I only made it to 5cm dilated before I had a shot a pethidine and after that didnt make much of a difference I wanted an epidural- which was the biggest mistake of my life because that damaged my lumbar nerve-but thats another story. But anyway. My point was, I think women can tolerate pain better because their bodies were made to give birth. Which isnt exactly a walk in the park, its so my personal opinion is that women are made it handle better. Ofcourse, like I said, it is all completely subjective. As far as Im aware, the sex of a user has nothing to do with the severity of withdrawal symptoms. Perhaps your partner is also a wuss? LOL. Im just kidding.

Can I ask, have you two started your detox yet? It was last week (give or take) when you posted that your partner was in withdrawal and you were on your last bag and that you would be in withdrawal the following day. So what is the situation now exactly? Are you planning a detox soon? Or have you decided to keep using for the time being?

Thank in Advance

SG.xxx
Old 05-05-2012, 06:42
Silver Member

my boyfriend is starting his new well paying job this coming monday so hes detoxing as of today, we have been using, albeit less up untill now. im going to go cold turkey after hes better but im tapering as much as i can. he is usually over his detoxes for the most part in 3 days so he thinks he will be fine on monday. i sure hope so.
Old 19-05-2012, 04:10
Silver Member

ok well tonight is the night im going to be getting sick soon. so is my bf. not looking forward to this. i read about kratom and ordered some onlin and have lots of imodium and robotussin. if i just dnt get the pukes ill be happy. the dope around here is so cut and its beena drouught fr 2 months so my tlerance is really low so i hope it wont be too bad. i guess ill just use this thread to check in when i can and hope that i can find some support here...
Old 31-05-2012, 06:15

venusinfurs is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

Get ready for the worst hell of your life. SWIM felt like she was dying, but in a deeper way, like her soul was on fire and crumbling inside her body. Immodium, Nyquil, some whiskey, peanut butter sandwhiches, ginger ale, saltines, gatorade and warm baths are the best you can do. Besides that, prepare yourself for the worst. Last time SWIM withdrew it involved crawling on the floor naked, banging her head aganist the wall for hours, tossing and turning so hard in bed she got cloth burns on her elbows and being jittery as hell. She feels sick just thinking about it. Good luck girl!
Old 04-06-2012, 21:04
Silver Member

wow im glad i wasnt that bad, i ended up getting 3 days worth of subs, and now im on day 3 doing good. im still getting hot and cold flashes but its toning down, thats the only symptom i have left.

Share this on:

Tags
heroin

» New Threads
should I stay or should I go?
Last post by so so sad in vegas
3 Replies, 52 Views
FDA Kratom Import alert!!!
Last post by ianzombie
84 Replies, 5,120 Views
kratom and help on day 5 no opiates
Last post by DepoV