Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 16-04-2012, 05:05
Silver Member

Male from United States
quazzbert is an unknown quantity at this point
SWIY's "meth story"

Before my hamster types this, it is not meant to insult anyone.

My hamster was thinking; if meth is a pretty well known, highly addictive drug, why do SWIY decide to use it? My hamster isn't asking anyone to share anything they don't want to, but just kind of wants to hear some stories.

i.e., why swiy decided to use, etc

Again, my hamster is sorry to sound ignorant/naive.
Old 16-04-2012, 06:59
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,678, Level: 6 Points: 1,678, Level: 6 Points: 1,678, Level: 6
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%
Re: SWIY's "meth story"

I don't think anyone starts using methamphetamine expecting or wanting to become addicted. However, the drug, and its users, have gone through lots of changes over the years. What was true years ago, is no longer; and what defines addiction and withdrawals has also had an adjustment over time.

In my case, back when I started using it (early 90's) it was a common myth among users that it was not addictive.
Everyone I knew defined addiction and withdrawals according to what we knew of 'hard drug' use such as heroin. Certainly there was nothing like that to be expected if one quit using meth!!

I can distinctly remember in early days when with friends and using, we would discuss the fact that meth was 'not addictive'; there was a 'psychological addiction' but hell, surely we could handle that, or prevent it even! We were sure we had it under control.

It was cheaper (and I mean really dirt cheap) than cocaine, longer lasting, and I thought, the 'perfect drug' for me.

But the addiction creeps up on a person. I didn't realize I was addicted for a very long time, I thought I was just a recreational user.
That lasted until I lost a job because I had gone to sleep after a binge, and didn't wake up for 3 days. When I realized I had to have a 'bump' to get up and go to work, I knew I was addicted.

Now I have a question.

Why do you want to know? The same question could be asked of any user of any mind altering substance, why did you choose to ask about meth?
Old 16-04-2012, 07:36
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

23 y/o Male from United States
arousemyselfonspeed needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

swim has a methamp problem because he is passionate about chronic masturbation while under its influence

Post Quality Evaluations:
Seems reasonable.
Old 16-04-2012, 07:46
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Earth
bravez is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My hamster was totally ignorant and naive when he initially encountered this particular drug.

I was twenty and barely started drinking or had even experimented with pot or cigarettes. Long story short, met a dude on a late night internet hookup during a spring break staycation at my parents' house, didn't realize the substance's prevalence in the community, thought it was rare and that dude was trustworthy enough (a nurse, even!), and went for it. It was beyond amazing, but I'd rather not share the exact, blow-by-blow details here.

I didn't even worry about addiction at the time because I didn't know how/where to get it in my college town where I lived full-time. I didn't make a point of running back to it immediately because the comedown kicked the crap outta me---dehydration, seeing spots, almost driving off the road, and trying (I honestly suspect failing) to hide the symptoms from my folks when I got back.

I'm also with Sassy on this one---of all substances, why did you pick this one to inquire after?
Old 16-04-2012, 08:59
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

I got a kinda interesting story.. I think anyways. Three years ago, I did a lot of MDMA pills, and I had a good connect. She sold me these brown coloured capsules. One day, I got 10 MDMA's, and this time they were white... THey lasted longer and werent as euphoric. Every time I picked up, they were still white... Sooner or later I realized they were speed pills, but I kept taking them anyways, because I liked them and was probably addicted anyway.

One day I go to order up 10 speed pills, she brings em and...... UH OH... they were brown... MDMA.... which is all fine and dandy, but Im an addict now, I need my speed damnit! So my speed source was gone. I could have given up and put it behind me, but instead I told myself "I need a replacement"... Speed caps are hard to come by around here, but I knew I could easily find meth/ice... So i tracked down a dealer and the rest is history.

I kinda knew what I was getting into tho actually. I was really depressed, and was going through some shit when I discovered the speed pills and I basically planned it out that I was going to just kill the pain and start popping lots of these newly discovered white pills. I realized then that I will definitely become addicted...

Its weird tho, even when I was around 16 or 17 I always thought Id end up becoming an addict of some kind, and I was always okay with that fact... The whole lifestyle just seemed cool and fun to me. I knew of course it wasnt all fun and games, but I was willing to deal with the detriments. Today Ive been addicted three years and I gotta say, I enjoy being tweaked out all day... One day I might feel differently, but Ill deal with that day when it arrives... For now Im just goin with it, and not caring about the future.

I know it may seem kinda dumb, but Im not confused, or uneducated or naive. I knew and still know exactly what I've done to myself.

Im in the thick of it, and I manage to uphold my lifestyle, and Im not depressed... The amount of money I blow doesnt get to me... I just smoke another bowl and keep on truckin.

-CanadianBakin
Old 16-04-2012, 23:28
Silver Member

Male from United States
quazzbert is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravez View Post
I'm also with Sassy on this one---of all substances, why did you pick this one to inquire after?
SWIM chose this drug to ask about because of all the propaganda. He has been reading experiences and life stories about this drug on erowid for a pretty long time, too. He is interested in many different types of drugs and their effects/side-effects (especially drugs that swim wouldn't do - just part of his personality he says).

Share this on: