Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 13-04-2012, 02:26
Silver Member

35 y/o Female from United States
lovage is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 120, Level: 1 Points: 120, Level: 1 Points: 120, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Safe xanax withdrawal when taper isn't possible

A friend has been taking approximately 4 Mg of xanax daily for the last year or so, she also does approximately .5 -1 gram of heroin daily. She is about to be out of xanax tomorrow and getting more is not possible. She is very concerned about seizures or other serious withdrawal symptoms. What can she do to ease what will obviously be a very horrible experience? If she increases her heroin dose will this alleviate dangerous symptoms? Any herbs or otc options to help? The only substances she has available is heroin and weed.
Old 13-04-2012, 02:40
Silver Member

Male from Earth
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%
Re: Safe xanax withdrawal when taper isn't possible

Don't increase the dose of heroin or you'll find yourself hooked on it. And will have to deal with heroin WD later on which are not pleasant. Try to get some diazepam or clonazepam, or any kind of benzo and taper off.
Old 13-04-2012, 02:40
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Increasing your heroin consumption will not help. At that high dose, seizures are a high risk. This in not an in home treatment, especially with weed and H at your disposal.

Get yourself to a doctor as soon as you can. Medical attention is necessary for heavy benzo use. If you cant get to the doctor, try to find more benzos somehow and do a treatment based on the ashton manual. It can be found online and uses diazapam. If you cant get diazapam, try for clonazapam rather than xanax because its longer lasting.

If you start going into even mild withdrawals with no hope of either of the above happening, check yourself into the ER.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Splendid, sensible and easily understandable advice.
Old 13-04-2012, 02:41
Titanium Member

54 y/o Female from United States
ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3

my rattie girl thinks this might be hard. is there not anyway she could get some other benzo like maybe klonopin and taper with it? if not perhaps buying some kava tea from the health food store could help. hopefully someone here who has stopped xanax like this can help.

if your friend has any problems they can go to the ER and get some benzos. my rattie has done this in the past they will definitely help this can be dangerous.

good luck.
Old 13-04-2012, 02:43
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Its not a risk of being hooked on heroin, its the fact that you can still have benzo w/ds even when you are high on opiates. Its a different mechanism of action, and 4mg of xanax daily for a year needs medical attention
Old 13-04-2012, 02:51
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6

Well, I am no doctor or even an expert on xanax, but I can tell you what I experienced when I was cut off cold turkey, though I was taking a bit more than you or your friend or whoever.

I didn't really notice the first day, I guess cos it was still in my system.
That second night, I couldn't sleep. Hyper; unable to lie quietly or even sit quietly; tremors in my hands/arms; sweating; freezing cold; feeling quite anxious and easily startled.

By the second day, I was seeing spiders on my carpet, on my arms, legs, everywhere I looked there were big black spiders. I knew thankfully what was real and what wasn't, I did my research and knew what symptoms might present during the withdrawals.

Nauseated, throwing up was almost a pleasure to get the nausea quieted, even for a moment. Cried or laughed hysterically for no apparent reason, could not think clearly at all.
I didn't go to work for over a week, nor did I drive the first 3 days of withdrawal.

It is important your friend investigate all the potential risks and plan a proactive response to them, while your friend still has a 'clear head'. It is pretty much impossible to minimize the consequences once already into the withdrawal symptoms.

I never had a seizure or felt I was physically at risk, or I would have made sure to have someone with me.

Have you done a thorough search and used the amount you have been taking in your search query? For your friend.

That's really all I can tell you. But do make sure adequate preparation is made to respond to any potential consequence, it doesn't need to be a major undertaking, but it does need to be addressed.

I wish your friend the best of luck, please let us know how it goes.
Old 13-04-2012, 03:06
Silver Member

Male from Earth
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up

Like I said before, get some diazepam or clonazepam to taper off, whether it's from a doctor or not. You're looking at very bad withdrawals if you stop benzos cold turkey, specially coming from 4mg a day for a long time.

And the heroin is just not helping at all in this situation.
Old 14-04-2012, 16:07
Silver Member

Day 2 without xanax and SWIM thinks she's in hell. She was unable to get any benzos as she was pretty sure she wouldn't be able to. She has been taking a lot more H,, which has helped some symptoms. She has also been drinking kava tea and taking valerian root. Still the anxiety is intense, muscles are stiff, she has a fair amount of dizziness and she generally feels like crap. SWIM wishes she could just sleep through this experience.
Old 14-04-2012, 17:53
Titanium Member

ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.

glad it is going ok. actually my dbf is going through this right now as well. for him the only real problem has been being not able to sleep and mild anxiety attacks. but he has found drinking catnip tea really helps as does kava and also taking epsom salt baths.

pls come back here and keep us posted and also if you feel at all in danger go to the ER. seriously, they will help you with this if it gets too bad. they are not there to judge but to help.

in my rattie girl's experience the people at the ER are WAY less judgemental than other doctors and nurses since they see it all and are really there just to help people through emergencies.
Old 14-04-2012, 18:27
Silver Member

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovage View Post
Day 2 without xanax and SWIM thinks she's in hell. She was unable to get any benzos as she was pretty sure she wouldn't be able to. She has been taking a lot more H,, which has helped some symptoms. She has also been drinking kava tea and taking valerian root. Still the anxiety is intense, muscles are stiff, she has a fair amount of dizziness and she generally feels like crap. SWIM wishes she could just sleep through this experience.
Please stop taking more heroin, you're trying to get rid of the withdrawals by doing more heroin and it's not only not gonna make the withdrawals go away, you're gonna be facing some problems with heroin later on. Never use a drug (specially a dangerous one as heroin) to get out of another drug.

I've been through benzo withdrawal, and I faced it for at least 8 days which was the worst, without any drugs, you just have to keep in mind that time will pass and soon you're gonna be alright. If you can kick that heroin habbit and trade it for a less harmful one like weed (which helps to cope with benzo withdrawal) it would be better that way.
Old 14-04-2012, 18:29
Silver Member

Male from Netherlands
jeitjes is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Hi,I have taken 3 mg a day of phenazepam for 6 months. Quit cold turkey. Was not really hard I got some tremors, but my girlfriend did not notice anything was going on. So maybe I was lucky to get off so easily?
Old 14-04-2012, 18:39
Silver Member

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeitjes View Post
Hi,I have taken 3 mg a day of phenazepam for 6 months. Quit cold turkey. Was not really hard I got some tremors, but my girlfriend did not notice anything was going on. So maybe I was lucky to get off so easily?
I think Xanax withdrawal is much worse than that of phenazepam.
Old 14-04-2012, 22:05
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef88 View Post
Please stop taking more heroin, you're trying to get rid of the withdrawals by doing more heroin and it's not only not gonna make the withdrawals go away, you're gonna be facing some problems with heroin later on. Never use a drug (specially a dangerous one as heroin) to get out of another drug.

I've been through benzo withdrawal, and I faced it for at least 8 days which was the worst, without any drugs, you just have to keep in mind that time will pass and soon you're gonna be alright. If you can kick that heroin habbit and trade it for a less harmful one like weed (which helps to cope with benzo withdrawal) it would be better that way.
SWIM isn't just using heroin for withdrawal symptoms, she has had a daily habit for many years, just finds that using it more often right now also happens to help with the xanax withdrawal, definitely not recommending non users try it for withdrawals though!
Old 15-04-2012, 01:17
Titanium Member

how are you doing?
Old 15-04-2012, 02:30
Gold Finger

33 y/o Female from United States
chibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,404, Level: 7 Points: 2,404, Level: 7 Points: 2,404, Level: 7
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

Your friend did go to the ER, right? This is a medical emergency, no fucking around here.
Old 15-04-2012, 05:59
Silver Member

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovage View Post
SWIM isn't just using heroin for withdrawal symptoms, she has had a daily habit for many years, just finds that using it more often right now also happens to help with the xanax withdrawal, definitely not recommending non users try it for withdrawals though!
Ok lets forget about the heroin for a minute then. Cold turkey from 4mg of Xanax is not deadly, I mean, SWIM has had withdrawals from similar amounts of benzos and he just felt like complete shit, no seizures, nothing too serious, but anxiety through the roof, depression, infinite restlessness, insomnia, complete lack of appetite, sudden mood changes. It's the worst SWIM has experienced, it's kind of like coming down from a heavy cocaine night out, but this comedown lasts a whole week.

Now, I can't say your case will be the same, you could have more serious health problems, maybe even deadly ones (so I've heard) so I advice you to go to the ER and see what help you can get there.
Old 15-04-2012, 07:58
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratgirldjh View Post
how are you doing?
SWIM actually isn't doing too bad, some anxiety this evening, but definitely not feeling as bad as she thought she would be. Overall she was a bit worried, and so far it's not as bad as she was prepared for. If things get too bad she will go to the ER, but so far it's not even close to anything that would warrant an ER visit.

Share this on:

Tags
heroin, withdrawal management, withdrawal questions, xanax