Register Tags

Notices

Old 26-02-2012, 20:22

49 y/o Male from Canada
Stevek is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Drank Booze while on Subs/Oxy -How do I Heal My Sore Stomach

For some reason I keep forgetting how lousy I feel after drinking while on my subs. This time I drank about 10 beers,plus I also took an 80 oxy as well,so now even 2 days later my stomach is still really bad. It has gotten a BIT better after I have now had my daily sub,however Im sure its a long way from healed. Therefore I am just wondering what I can do to speed up the healing process. Should I just eat as little as possible,or will at not really matter if I just go on and eat big meals when I feel like it? Thanks for any help,I really hope this will be the last time I ever have to deal with this problem. Im 47 years old by the way,and Im sure that has something to do with it,since I was a very heavy drinker on and off for about 35 years(more on than off).
Old 28-03-2012, 02:46

26 y/o Male from United States
Cardshark41 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Drank Booze while on Subs/Oxy -How do I Heal My Sore Stomach

I would definitely lay off spicy and hard to process foods (especially nuts and seeds). I would also advise taking Malox and/or anacids to keep you stomach acid a little more "tame". I'm sure you didn't do any major damage, just sounds like you iritated the hell out of you stomach. Also, red meat may be good to avoid as well. Try soft foods like you would eat if you had a stomach virus (soups, grits, mashed potatoes, etc). Feel better soon man!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:22
Mercury Member

25 y/o Male from Earth
Skäggbiff needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

I am very experienced when it comes to stomach problems, heart burn, ulcers etc. I know how it feels and how hard it is to figure out how to solve it.. hard with a doctors active help.. insanely hard without.

Well as you probably know, alcohol and pills, especially mixed, is hard for any stomach - and really tough for one like yours.

The subutex only covers your problem (pain) - Buprenorphine is probably the best painkiller for stomach problems of all sorts - been there done that. Trust me. I was in EXACTLY the same situation as you with the same questions and ideas in 2008/2009 and it took me over 1 year to be able to drink ONE beer without pain, to eat ONE deep fried onion ring without getting super hungry (if you get hungry when you are full/just finished eating, it's serious)... and about 2,5-3 years to figure out how to solve it long-term - doctors can't, I tried it all. Now, 3-4 years later I am quite good but I still have to think about what I eat, not to forget to take my Omeprazol if I have been out drinking or if I have been popping pills or tweaking - to prevent a new attack and phase.

To get better, it is necessary to drink a lot of water, morning lunch dinner, maybe not to every meal but maybe after or before - this helps you digest.
Second: Get some 20mg Omeprazol, a gift from above according to me and many others. Omeprazol cuts down your production of stomach acids (hydrochloric acid etc) this is necessary to heal/get rid off any inflammation or ulcer.

Third, I have tried both of your ideas.. eat as little as possible - at that time sounded logical to me but now I know that if you do not eat, all that nasty acid will attack your stomach wall instead of food. You MUST avoid BIG MEALS, they are the worst. Your stomach is not in balance and when facing a huge amount of food in one time = over produce acids that after digestion stays.. = not good.

The best is to eat smaller portions 4-5 times a day (3 hours before you are going to sleep you must stop eating). If you can do that in combination with 20mg omeprazol every morning and a few liters of water during the day for 2 weeks, you will feel much much better. For some people 2 weeks is enough to heal but it is nothing to hope for :/

I know it sounds boring etc.. but it helps. It is either this or more heavy duty painkillers - and one day, one ulcer - that you could not feel because of the pills.. - opens up for real.. and you are dead without knowing it.

Let me know if you listen to any of my advise, I have a lot of different tips and tricks, as said, learned the hard way.. More than happy to help you!!

Good luck & all the best,

Skäggbiff

Post Quality Evaluations:
good advise
Old 14-04-2012, 06:20
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

38 y/o Male from United States
Sargent Leper is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Hey buddy,
I didn't read everyone else's replies yet so sorry if I repeat info. But I'll be brief.. First of all it's nice to meet someone who also can't drink on subs. It sucks huh? It took me about a year to figure out what was going on. I've been on subs fOr 8 years now. Inreally used to enjoy drinking. I know many recovering addicts would totally disagree with me but I wish I could drink. When I was in my 20's pre-Heroin, I had a great life. I worked hard and went Out to the bars after work with my friends. Ya sometimes i got pretty drunk. But alcohol was never a problem. It never interfered with work, love life, family, hobbies, etc. And no it was not a gate way tO me using dope and coke. I would give anything to be able to come hOme from work and drink a beer or two with my friends.
So ya, I only hear this from a handful of people but I know how yOu feel. For me at least before I realized what was going on, I would go out thirsty for a beer with friends. After the first few sips it just did not want to go down. It made me super tired not to mention a total drag to be around. There I was moping with a stomach ache while my friends were having a great time. I've come to realize that I just have to stay away from alcohol all together. There is sort Of an up side though. I don't know about yOu but I have more energy after quitting drinking. So good luck and for me it's just anOther motivation to get off subs and on with my life. In the mean time I wish you luck finding alternatives for going out drinking. Hopefully your older like me
Take Care Sargent Leper
Old 26-06-2014, 20:23
Titanium Member

29 y/o Male from United States
D0pe must live here.D0pe must live here.D0pe must live here.D0pe must live here.D0pe must live here.D0pe must live here.D0pe must live here.D0pe must live here.
Points: 1,577, Level: 6 Points: 1,577, Level: 6 Points: 1,577, Level: 6
Activity: 31.6% Activity: 31.6% Activity: 31.6%

You should not be drinking Alcohol while on suboxone not to mention taking a 80mg of oxy.. This could result in some serious health issues. Please do not attempt this again !!!

Share this on:

Tags
buprenorphine, combinations, suboxone

Sitelinks: Information: