Register Tags

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 06:55

33 y/o Male from United States
PunchThomas is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Duration of action over multiple doses

When SWIM takes a single shot of IV heroin, he reports that the effects last for about 12 hours. Say he takes one shot (T+0) and a second shot 6 hours after the first (T+6). What effect would that have on the duration? Would he experience a come-down as first shot's effects wear off at T+12, while the second shot's would last 12 hours after taking it, or until T+18? It's not like his body knows which heroin molecules were injected when, right? Or does adding a second shot mix with the first and make EVERYTHING still in his system last until T+18?
Old 09-04-2012, 16:18
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from Canada
Mainline Love is a decent psychonaut.Mainline Love is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Duration of action over multiple doses

If the effects of a single shot are lasting you twelve hours, I'm guessing you don't have much of a tolerance to heroin.

So you take one shot. Six hours later you take another. Twelve hours later the effects of shot one are wearing off, and you WILL notice. Eighteen hours later all of the effects have worn off. I'm not sure I totally understand what you are asking. The high from shot one will be gone in twelve hours. The high from shot two will be gone in eighteen hours. You can't make heroin's effects last longer by injecting more often.

It sounds like you are wanting to know how to maintain a strong buzz. That is a good way to overdose if you don't have any tolerance. Also if you keep that habit up, injecting every six hours, you are on a fast track to physical dependance and the horrid withdrawals.
Be careful

Post Quality Evaluations:
Hit all necessary points.
Old 11-04-2012, 17:19
Palladium Member

Male from United States
baZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11
Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6%

I think Mainline covered this pretty well, but I will add one thing. The effects of heroin, for most people, last anywhere from 4-6 hours. If you can get 12 hours out of a single shot of heroin, consider yourself damn lucky. You get twice as much out of your dope as a normal user, and an immeasurable amount more out of your dope than an addict... and yet you're trying to extend it? If you ask me, that's just being greedy.

Mainline also makes a very good point that this is a fast-track to either overdosing or physical dependence. Though, the psychological dependence will set in first and it's just as hard to break. I hope your use always stays at the point you can get 12 hours out of one shot, for that would mean you were able to keep it under control.

In addition, in my experience that second dose is never what you want it to be if you're already high. You think it's gonna be great and really add to the experience, but it almost never does. If anything, like stated, it just ups your chances of adverse effects. More often than not, I find it ends up being a complete waste and better kept until the next day or longer.
Old 13-04-2012, 03:16
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from Australia
Black Transit Blues is a decent psychonaut.Black Transit Blues is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 146, Level: 1 Points: 146, Level: 1 Points: 146, Level: 1
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%

If you do not have much of a tolerance and do a large enough shot, Heroin can get you stoned for a long while. When I first started using I remember shooting up at lunchtime after work on Saturdays and still being stoned when I went to bed late at night.

You do not have to use for very long before those "glory" days become but a distant memory.As mentioned above if you are shooting while you are still stoned you are increasing the risk of overdosing and also heading for a nasty habit.
Old 13-04-2012, 03:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainline Love View Post
It sounds like you are wanting to know how to maintain a strong buzz. That is a good way to overdose if you don't have any tolerance. Also if you keep that habit up, injecting every six hours, you are on a fast track to physical dependance and the horrid withdrawals.
Be careful
You are projecting attributes to SWIM that aren't there, and you didn't answer the question anyway. SWIM isn't trying to learn "how to maintain a buzz," SWIM is wanting to find out how exactly his or her body processes a drug.

Like I asked in the OP, does the body somehow "know" which heroin molecules were injected when? In other words, if a shot lasts 12 hours, and another shot is taken 6 hours after the first, will there be a defined come-down after 12 hours? Or will all the heroin in his or her system be treated the same, meaning the only come-down will come 12 hours after the second shot?

PunchThomas added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainline Love View Post
The high from shot one will be gone in twelve hours. The high from shot two will be gone in eighteen hours. You can't make heroin's effects last longer by injecting more often.
I may have misread this the first time around. So you're saying that the body DOES know which molecules were injected at specific [different] times? How does this work?

Last edited by PunchThomas; 13-04-2012 at 03:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-04-2012, 16:15
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from Canada
Mainline Love is a decent psychonaut.Mainline Love is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I have no idea. Probably the same way your body processes alcohol. Or anything else. Heroin is metabolized by the liver I believe. You could check out the wiki here, there's a lot of information. Or do a forum search.
Old 14-04-2012, 05:28

Thanks, ML, but saying "search google" doesn't really help. I'm asking here because I couldn't find what I needed anywhere.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Rude... she didn't say "search google." She said search DF, because she didn't know the answer to your very specific question.
Old 14-04-2012, 05:47
Palladium Member

Male from United States
baZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11
Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6%

I don't really understand what you're asking either, Punch, and there's no need for attitude. All drugs have a limited duration of action... some are limited to only a few hours, some have durations of 60 hours or more. Once this time is up, the dose will wear off. If you redose (on opiates, anyway), this won't extend the duration of the first dose, ever. Whenever that first dose is set to wear off it will. Whenever the second dose is set to wear off, it will. It's as simple as that.

I guess in a sense this means your body does indeed know when specific molecules were injected, but I couldn't tell you how that works specifically... I can only tell you that it is.

Share this on:

Tags
heroin, opiates

» New Threads
Relapsed 3 times after 12 days...
Last post by Freely
0 Replies, 1 Views
Concerned for friend's children...
Last post by Iggypants
2 Replies, 24 Views
come up different in rock form vs....
Last post by elperuano