Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Nootropics
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Nootropics Smartdrugs, Brain boosters & Cognitive enhancers.

Old 04-04-2012, 23:46
Basoodler Basoodler is nu online
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu
Basoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,054, Level: 11 Points: 6,054, Level: 11 Points: 6,054, Level: 11
Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2%
phenibut report: 2 day

April 1st:
(applicable information)
Male:
Mid 30's
175 lbs
Natural high metabolism
Past Gaba addiction to both Benzodiazaprines and alcohol
Clean of alcohol approx 8 months
Use of Lorazepam recently but not daily, maybe twice a week
Also use of Kava extract daily
Use of DPH 200mg daily for sleep

No other substance use for months prior:

I received 100g of phenibut in the mail today. This is my first experiment with this substance or any nootropic substance.

1:00pm measure 1.5g and dosed orally mixed with cherry lemonade. Taste was sour mixed with a bitter taste similar to chewing a tylenol. setting: Sitting in a chair watching TV while waiting to go to Boolean Algebra/ trig class at 6pm.

2:30 First effects noted: Mild muscle relaxation, and odd change in light (was not expecting this). Mood felt lifted. I started building a circuit on my prototype board to test logic gates just for fun (I am odd)

3:00- 5:00 mood lift built to a very comfortable and natural state. No sedative effects noted or traditional "buzz" noted. Just a general mood lift and surprisingly drastic drop in anxiety.

6:00 arrive in class. I am more chatty during class, which is odd considering it was a math class. I actually felt like there was a boost in cogitative function which was not expected on first dose.

9:00 I decided to go to lab and tool around with my prototype board and some chips. I can't say that this was productive in any way. I did however feel like I was having fun chit chatting with the other nerdy types about electronics.

11:00 arrived home and energy levels were still high, but not in a jittery way. Heart rate take and tested in my normal resting rate. 200mg of dph ingested because I thought it would help with sleep.

* after DPH kicked in I felt as though I was not breathing properly. My GF also noted this by asking If I was ok because she couldn't hear me breathing. Extremely tired though and fell asleep quickly despite the issue:

9:00 am woke up feeling wonderful.. Normally I take 200mg of caffeine first thing, but didn't even think of it this morning.

10:30 dosed 1.5g orally. same taste was noted. I had loose stools early on, but it felt more cleansing than a negative side effect (if that makes sense).

12:00 arrived at my girlfiends aunts house to visit and spent the next 6 hours just having a good time talking. This would normally be a bit uncormfortable, but felt very natural and fun.

6:00 pm took 1mg lorazapam in the name of science and headed to olive garden with a party of 10 people. I felt almost drunk without the cognitive issues (again if that makes sense). I passed on all alcohol at dinner because I am sworn from it (which in this case I alcohol would have been a horrible addition). We were at the restaurant 4 hours.. but it seemed to go by quickly. No issues with appetite noted as I probably ate too much.

10:00 on the ride home I felt like I should be nauseous but my body was fighting it. It was an odd feeling. This passed after about 30 mins.

11:00 took another 1mg ativan and 30 mins later was just plain goofy. More so than i would normally be on this substance. no bodily side effects and I fell asleep easily.

Overnight I woke up to Pee about 5 times which is not normal. This lasted throughout the morning. I still woke up in a good mood and did not need the daily caffeine dose.

__________________________________________________ _______

overall I feel like I had an extremely positive experience with this chemical. It will be hard to follow my own rule of using it 2 days a week.

no negative side effects to note, other than the combination with dph for which I will not repeat in the future. Even that was not as frighting as it should be because of the anti anxiety action of the chemical

2:30pm

Basoodler added 240 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

downside has become very apparent on day 3. after not taking anything today a strange thing has set in that feels very much like a daily alcohol withdrawal around 6pm. hot flashes, concentration problems, and the all to familiar fuzzy headed feeling.

this chemical seems like it could be very useful but wow . any ideas on what causes this odd and and annoying come down effect?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very good and detailed "trip" report.
Hands down the best report I've read in weeks.
Very well written detailed post

Last edited by Basoodler; 04-04-2012 at 23:46. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-04-2012, 17:07
Silver Member

Male from United States
FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 533, Level: 3 Points: 533, Level: 3 Points: 533, Level: 3
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Re: phenibut report: 2 day

Tolerance and possibly mild physical addiction sets in very fast with this substance. Although I usually take 3g a day twice a week, spaced out by one day, I only get mild if any withdrawal symptoms. So by your dosage, one wouldn't think that this tolerance might set in very mildly, but the withdrawal should be completely non-existant. I think this may be a result of combining it with the other drugs.

The effect you've noted with the diphenhydramine is something that I used to experience quite often on phenibut but I have since learned how to deal with it and ignore it because it really is all in your head. It's just a feeling like you're breathing is "off" like theres something not right, for me it has felt like I wasn't getting any air even though I was. So note that this is most likely caused by the phenibut itself and not the diphenhydramine, although the combination may not be a good idea anyway and since I'm not an expert I cant say either way.

Just know that this is something that I and a friend of mine have experienced with phenibut and it seems to be nothing to panic about.

I've taken massive 3g doses and then literally passed out and I couldn't remember what I was doing for the last ten minutes before I fell asleep and I didn't die due to my breathing. Just a good night's sleep.

Post Quality Evaluations:
thanks for the response to the dph question. with so little known about this chemical it's helpful to substantiate the side effects
This effect of "off" breathing is notable on benzodiazepines, in my experience. Poster is probably right about the mix of drugs over those couple days causing it.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:36
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu
Basoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

I love that it helps with mood the next morning.

It is a wonder on anxiety in general! I honestly look toward to the 3 days I take it. it made the Easter church service much more enjoyable. Being atheist I would normally feel out of place.. This time I listened to all the crap, showed versus of leviticus to the lady beside me, just to spread Easter cheer and inadvertently counted all the stuff on stage

I think at this point the worst effect is it makes me crave benzos. I am sure that if I touched alcohol I would be a mess

Also I've noticed that it also boosts the effects of dph. 1.5 grams and 2mg Ativan with 300mg dph dropped full on delirium. Where I thought I was in the wrong room and closed my eyes to avoid visuals. It seemed more pleasant than usual too as far as dph delirium goes. It's not something I'd repeat.. But could be safer that eating a gram of sleeping pills.

Also the cognitive improvement has been very apparent at times. Which is something I doubted.

Last edited by Basoodler; 12-04-2012 at 03:40. Reason: fixed a stupid Android auto correct
Old 12-04-2012, 04:00
Silver Member

Male from United States
FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.

Cognitive impairment? Could you explain that for me please, as far as what that feels like. Its only helped me in my thinking and made me feel like a superhuman as far as getting work done goes.

I've never used benzos of any kind otherwise I could see phenibut becoming boring really quickly.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:19
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

I meant improvements.. My phone has gone auto correct crazy
Old 12-04-2012, 04:27
Silver Member

Male from United States

I know the feeling... It can make or break an entire text message based relationship

You mentioned 3 days of using it, how have you been dosing weekly?
Old 12-04-2012, 13:44
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

I am taking it Monday,.weds, Friday. Those are the days I go to class. I don't take anything as far as drugs inbetween. For some reason I've only taken benzos while on Phenibut.

I measure 2s 1.5g doses via mg scale and put each in a water bottle with one of those nifty single bottle flavor packs. I drink one when I wake up and the other around 4.

1St effects on first dose come on in about an hour.. With energy and mood lift.
2nd dose takes much less time to kick in.. Maybe 20 mins.

I took one on Sunday last week because of church and family stuff.

so far the only time I've felt WD was the day after my first 2 day span. Could have been flu. I help at a school with special Ed kids, testing dolche words and helping them read. I think I picked up a bug there.

Cognitive effects seem to last All week.

I'd also note strong euphoria with low dose benzo use. especially xanax at low dose <2 mg.

Btw your dreams on the nights you take it are crazy vivid and detailed. I love this side effect!

Last edited by Basoodler; 12-04-2012 at 14:05. Reason: auto correct bullshit
Old 12-04-2012, 16:35
Silver Member

Male from United States

I seem to get dreams intermittently. One night I will and they'll be intense and sometimes I get nothing, such as last night.

You're dosing 3g 3 times a week which is one more time than me.

I was told that even twice a week is in the realm of addiction and I've felt crappy on a Saturday, two days after my last dose. I've been on break from school and so a break from phenibut as well so I hope my tolerance is back down to nothing and I can become superhuman from a 2g dose again
Old 12-04-2012, 17:07
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixDelta753 View Post
I seem to get dreams intermittently. One night I will and they'll be intense and sometimes I get nothing, such as last night.

You're dosing 3g 3 times a week which is one more time than me.

I was told that even twice a week is in the realm of addiction and I've felt crappy on a Saturday, two days after my last dose. I've been on break from school and so a break from phenibut as well so I hope my tolerance is back down to nothing and I can become superhuman from a 2g dose again
It's amazing how much this crap helps with school. I am doing some pretty dull stuff, learning the math behind digital circuits and AC/DC electric then a trig/imaginary math concepts class... All frigging math bleh!

I can tell a big difference in memory and focus.
Old 12-04-2012, 18:16
Silver Member

Male from United States

It helps me with learning French, I can pick up a new grammar concept in like ten minutes and then I'll actually be able to use it when communicating with my friends in beautiful France. Without it I can still speak it alright as well as learn it but with phenibut everything flows so much faster and my memory of the language just seems so accessible and I don't have those embarrassing "uhhh" moments between words.
Old 21-04-2012, 14:59
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

Whelp, its been 4 days since my last dose and no withdrawal symptoms. Granted I only took about 60g in three or so weeks.

Key points:

- for me the first few days were amazing.

- the whole idea of skipping days became difficult and the last week or so I dosed it daily.

- my gf decided she liked it, and was fine taking it at a 1g dose all but one day. That day she reported feeling dizzy almost drunk without the cognitive impediments.

- if you are already socially blunt as my gf is, this stuff will drop some of the natural boundaries of what you should and should not say. Much like a benzo. This made her a bit of a hand full at times.

- tolerance builds quickly.

- it has a negative reaction to any dose of dph. As noted above it can lead to panic attacks while trying to sleep. I can't explain it really, but I noted this with dph doses as low as 100mg. It did not happen at all when dph was not taken.

- while euphoric as all hell, and most likely dangerous avoid adding benzos while on it. Your inhibitions just cease and redosing is compulsive. If you take as much as 2 mg of Xanax you end up feeling like shit.

- cognitive improvements seem to be real, but after a couple weeks I felt skatter brained at times (without benzos fyi)

I am taking a couple weeks off then plan on getting more if for nothing else the anxiety reduction. Which is pleasant and not overwhelming like say a Benzo can be. That being said I am normally quiet. I could see someone who is naturally confrontational running into issues.

I also had my gf hide our benzos because it became an issue. I really don't touch them while not on phenibut, so I figured it couldn't hurt.. it can really make you uncomfortably drunk feeling but with a clear head even at low doses.

Last edited by Basoodler; 21-04-2012 at 15:09.
Old 21-04-2012, 15:51
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

All I can say is Phenibut seems to effect everyone a little differently. Be careful when there are people around you do not trust, or have not known long.

Phenibut has put me into a Narcoleptic State. Especially when mixing with benzodiazepines and alcohol. Then it also effects with my memory. I can't seem to remember where I put things and try to remember what I did the night before. This is only on 1.5g. I take 3 500mg pills.

Now I am out, and plan to stay out. It has caused me nothing but hardship and put me in situations where other could take advantage of me. Unfortunately, it is my own fault for taking it in the first place.

Yes, it is best to take it in the morning, at night it has a completely different effect on me. I don't think I'll ever order it again. It is OTC in the U.S. BTW

salgoud
Old 21-04-2012, 17:04
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

I would think if tend to be impulsive by nature this stuff would be a bad idea. I also don't drink at all, and could only guess I would have fucked up in many ways on this if I were still drinking.
Old 21-04-2012, 17:47
Silver Member

Male from United States

you guys are talking about bad side effects when you combine it with some other pretty strong drugs. No offense, but isn't that really irresponsible? I've only combined it with kratom and it just makes the nod of so amazing but adding a benzo or alcohol seems like you're really playing with fire. I still love the stuff and if I keep my dose under control then I don't really get any of those side effects. Plus I dont have access to benzos or alcohol so I cant say how that works for me.
Old 21-04-2012, 17:52
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

Yea I like it alone! Just have to hide the benzos!

Sal I've never found it otc in stores like gnc.. where ya find it at?

We are mentioning the negatives more to warn others fenix.
Old 21-04-2012, 18:59
Silver Member

Male from United States

Oh ok, I though you were taking those all together regularly.

I've never bought it or seen it in a store as well. But I bet it's way overpriced without buying it online.
Old 21-04-2012, 19:32
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

No I figured out that mixing was bad week one. I did test the dph though to see if it was the reason I was having panic attacks. I tested 3 times on phenibut and 3 days without. Got panic attacks all 3 days with.. as I am not fond of panic attacks I stopped there.

It seems fairly dangerous though if it caught on and the people who are just looking to get moshed used it to amplify alcohol or other drugs. Just IMHO.
Old 22-04-2012, 00:12
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United States
10ftgp is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 8.8% Activity: 8.8% Activity: 8.8%

My friend has recently ordered some of this because he was intrigued by the reports. He does not take benzos or drink alcohol so that is not a concern. From the reports here it seems somewhat safe if not combined and taken in moderation. Is there any other advise that I could share with him?
Old 22-04-2012, 00:48
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

Try to space it out .. maybe 1.5g twice a day ..maybe 2-3 days a week. It gets addicting and people have documented bad withdrawal.

Wait .. edit:

Start lower than 1.5g..it may effect you differently.. like I said my gf was dizzy for 6 hours randomly off a dose

Last edited by Basoodler; 22-04-2012 at 01:13.
Old 22-04-2012, 01:12
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.

When I said OTC I meant over the internet legally. Sorry for the miscommunication. If one has benzo's and phenibut, do not drink. It will turn you into a naroleptic zombie. I know this from personal experience. I never take more that 1.5g, but it always effects me in a different way.

IMO, I would get off them as soon as possible. They are addicting, though I never felt withdrawal symptoms because I am on benzo's also.

Good luck, and good bye to phenibut.

salgoud
Old 22-04-2012, 01:52
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

Ya sal I think the thought of using it as a benzo taper tool are out the window. 110% imho
Old 22-04-2012, 04:38
Silver Member

Male from United States

I thought phenibut was great for tapering benzos? I know it can really help with alcohol from what I hear.

When you're taking 3G a day, do you guys get the phenibut crash that leaves you barely able too keep your eyes open. And if you fall asleep, you're out for hours at a time? For me if I fall asleep during the day on it, I can take almost consistent 8 hour naps. And that really depresses me for some reason. It just makes me feel like I've wasted the day and I sulk.. not fun.
Old 22-04-2012, 04:44
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

Not me.. I didn't even get a hangover. Which I heard about. My dreams were super vivid and detailed. They also seemed to go on forever.. and tied together from night to night. That aspect was priceless!

I used synthetic caninabinoids to get off booze. They filled that void without (I think) messing with gaba.. and allowed those receptors to heal enough. After a couple months I had the am-2201 withdrawal which was minimal in comparison.

I turned down benzo treatment because 1) I knew id just replace one problem with a worse and yet more socially acceptable one. 2) I figured it would be better in the end to leave those receptors alone.. poor guys were abused enough. Ask the hardest part of quitting is dealing with reality and am2201 was a very introspective drug for me in that aspect.

I think phenibut would have helped, but not sure if I would have been able to get over cravings with lower inhibitions. Id love to see a study on it though. Id also love to see some of these cannabis analogs tested for things along these lines, but you know

Last edited by Basoodler; 22-04-2012 at 15:14.
Old 22-04-2012, 15:41
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo

Yes, at night when I take Phenibut it puts me into a narcoleptic state, where I cannot keep my head up. I am constantly hitting my keyboard with my head.

Once I fell off my chair and slept from 1am till 7:30pm, then dragged myself to the bedroom and slept till 10am.

My memory was clouded. I couldn't remember what happened until about 12 hours later. It effects the gabab receptors and benzo's effect the gabaa receptors. Alcohol effects the gabab receptors. So as far as being a good medication to taper off benzo's I will have to see. That mean performing an experiment on myself, stop taking benzo's and replacing them with Phenibut. Then I and we shall know.

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 22-04-2012 at 15:50.
Old 22-04-2012, 17:22
Silver Member

Male from United States

what was your dose Doug? The last time something like that happened I was on 3g but not all at once. It wasn't fun and scared the shit out of me just because I couldn't remember much before I fell asleep. And like you said, later some of it came back to me.

@basoodler, I dont seem to get the hangover either. The depression just has to do with me sleeping too late during the day. I've never really liked it just because I feel like im wasting my existence. Once thing I do see is that after 6 hours of sleep with a little bit of phenibut feels like 10 hours. It was incredible when I went to NYC and had to get up really early but it does seem to catch up with you eventually but it seems better than a cup of coffee because I would open my eyes and then I'm just ready to go.

I dont know if I asked before, but did the panic attacks you mentioned earlier. Did they feel like you weren't getting enough air? I cant seem to find your post on it. But it has seemed to have gone away for me.

Share this on: