Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > LSD > LSD Discussions
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

LSD Discussions Discussions about LSD

Old 08-08-2005, 12:44
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
pokergod0588 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 810, Level: 4 Points: 810, Level: 4 Points: 810, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
how much LSD is too much: Possible to od?

can you OD on acid? how much is too much? and whats the most you've done?

im new to acid and dont know much about it, only dropped like 8-10 times
Old 08-08-2005, 16:50
Silver Member

dletterman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
From Ask Erowid:

Quote:
The physical danger of ingesting LSD at normal doses is quite low. There are two reported deaths from unusually high doses documented in medical journals.

The first, which is mentioned in Psychedelics Encyclopedia by Peter Stafford, is discussed in a 1977 Journal of the Kentucky Medical Association article. In this case, "the quantity of LSD in the blood indicated that 320 mg (320,000 micrograms) had been injected intravenously" under the mistaken idea it was speed. The amount (320mg) was an estimate by the authors of the article and not based on direct knowledge of how much was taken.

The second reported death, for which there is toxicological data but no details about the circumstances leading up to the death (ingested dose is not known, though post-death blood levels are), is documented in a 1985 Forensic Science International paper. Unfortunately, so little is documented in the article that it is hard to say much about this event.

There are a handful of other reports of serious problems (but not death) caused by very large doses. One person who took 40 mg survived. Another report outlines the case of a group of eight individuals who snorted large quantities of powdered LSD on the mistaken assumption that it was cocaine... all survived. See the LSD Dose page for details.

Estimates of the half-lethal human dose -- the dose at which half of the participants would die -- vary widely, with different calculations extrapolated from animal data putting it anywhere from 12 mg to 5+ grams.

Massive overdoses are possible only in cases where a person has access to manufacture- or distribution-level amounts of material; the average LSD user is unlikely to ever come in contact with such high doses.

peace,

fire

References:
Fysh RR, Oon MC, Robinson KN, Smith RN, White PC, Whitehouse MJ. “A fatal poisoning with LSD”. Forensic Sci Int. 1985;28(2):109-13.

Griggs EA, Ward M. “LSD toxicity: a suspected cause of death”. J Ky Med Assoc. 1977;75(4):172-3.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 14-06-2011 at 01:00. Reason: hotlink removed
Old 08-08-2005, 17:08
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Ireland
Nature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8
I'd be more worried about the mental implications of dropping too much rather than the physical implications. I haven't heard of anyone overdosing from LSD.
Old 08-08-2005, 17:59
Gold Member

28 y/o Male
Chaote is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 1,143, Level: 5 Points: 1,143, Level: 5 Points: 1,143, Level: 5
To my knowledge there has been one OD because the guy thought it was speed and IV'ed it, it will be moe of a mental thing than physical if you take to much, you might get the FEAR
Old 08-08-2005, 20:52
Silver Member

Male
pabel_giboon is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 176, Level: 2 Points: 176, Level: 2 Points: 176, Level: 2

for a beginner 75-150 ug (micrograms)is more than ok, that´s 1 or 2 nowdays blotters. SUppoused lethal dose could be arround 12000 ug (micrograms). So go figure how much an OD would cost you!

Do not increase the dose too quick if you don´t know yourself on psichedellics. SWIM had a very cheap and constant source of blotters 7 years ago, so he did acid every day. started with 1-2 blotter doses, and 45 days later he could only get hight enought having 15-20 blotters at the same time. so acid builds a lot of tolerance. years and years later SWIM needs at least 4 blotters to have a decent tripp, and they are so expensive now

so take it easy and have fun!
Old 08-08-2005, 22:54

PenguinPhreak is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
Quote:
years and years later SWIM needs at least 4 blotters to have a decent tripp

Are you sure the blotters haven't gone down in potency? I was under the
impression LSD tolerance both builds and disappears very very quickly.

Old 08-08-2005, 23:47
Silver Member

Male

That´s a question I keep asking myself. But only way I can check it is on how it feels for another folks. Most of them feel well on or 2 blotters, buti can´t get intheirshoes and feel what they feel.
Blotters seem to be dropping potency every year,there´s a general agreement about that. I used to tripp on 1/4 or 1/2 blotter 12 years ago, and if someone would do a full blotter we would call him insane.
So I think there´s some of both, somebody tolerance, I might have gained10 kilos, some higther standard on tripping, some golden memoryes one would like to go back, and some loss in potency on the blotters.

Old 09-08-2005, 01:03
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
I made a mistake and did 3,000ug of pure Sandoz lab acid. I'm still here...I think...
Old 09-08-2005, 19:19
Silver Member

Male
nagognog2, I can´t wait to hear how it felt, did you write a report of the tripp?
Old 09-08-2005, 20:16
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8

This was back in the 1970's. My girlfriend's mother was an LSD researcher in the 60's before the stuff was outlawed. Of course she kept a bottle of it. Dissolved in dark rum and kept frozen. There was a glass tuberculin syringe with the bottle. One c.c. So three of us pulled up 1cc and squirted it into our mouthes. Oops! 3,000ug down the hatch - as we found out later...

Within a few minutes we realized our mistake. The walls made a few deep breaths and disappeared into colored fragments. After that there was nothing but blazing white light and a feeling of pure bliss. There was no 'I' or 'You' - just the clear light and bliss. This went on, it seems forever, for about 8 hours before I noted colored meteors on the horizon of my viewing plane. One meteor collided with whatever I was. It contained a thought. The thought was the word/concept: I. Then another meteor found me. It was the word/concept: Am. Then a third: I. I Am I. Soon more meteors landed and I slowly found myself in the room in the house. I was functional after about 14 hours.

Show me LSD these days, I tend to laugh.
Old 09-08-2005, 20:29
Silver Member

Male

WOW, WOW, WOW

I wish there could be a legal way to test that experiences under care and in a reasonable price nowdays. I was bor in 75 so I missed all that action

great story nagognog2
Old 09-08-2005, 21:43
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Ireland
Nature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagognog2
I made a mistake and did 3,000ug of pure Sandoz lab acid. I'm still here...I think...
Holy shit!! That's all I can say.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:05

Male
Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3

Needing 4 Blotters to Rock-and-Roll . . . What's wrong with That?

Over the years I have known several hard-core LSD Psychonauts. Some people want to Trip HARD. So, if they take one Hit, it is just Not enough. I knew one guy who Tripped once a month. Each Trip was fueled by 6 Hits, and this was back when the Micro-gram amount was higher than Today.

It may be, Pabel, that your friend likes to Trip Hard. In the past he may have blasted through many surface layers, and now he needs a hearty Dose to dig into new territory. He takes 2 Hits ... yawn, not enough. Four Hits: Hey, this works!

Although I do not have any LSD at present, if I did I would be taking multi-Hit doses myself. I have taken RCs the last couple years, and once in a while I like to OD. I take enough for 3 hard Trips (90 MG). When I do this, it's like a balancing act. I have to work Hard at keeping myself in Control. It's sort of like a Battle: Me against 4-HO-DiPT. I win (at least so far).

It's Cool being on the Edge. I am looking forward to popping 4 or 5 Blotters my first time ... now that I've done a lot of RC prep-work. I will probably pass, however, on a 3-milligram Hit even though "there was nothing but blazing white light and a feeling of pure bliss." I sure would like to feel that. Who knows?Now that I have heard of it, maybe I can coax my Brain to Let Go that much. Mmm, pure bliss. Thanks Nagognog, for giving us a Wonderful "Trip" report. That just beats all.
Old 12-11-2005, 13:58
Silver Member

Male
Silence_Inc is captain of the psychonauts.Silence_Inc is captain of the psychonauts.Silence_Inc is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 499, Level: 3 Points: 499, Level: 3 Points: 499, Level: 3

i think your lucky to have done such a big doseNagognog ... not only because of the experience and the dose and stuff - but because it wasSO high ...it got you straight out of your thinking mind... when one doesn't think under the influenceof this substance - lsd is NO danger ... you could be in tornado's of colour - echoos of unending music - but when you got no mind ...everything is so peacefull ...

your own psyche and the patterned echoos of your egoare the only thing poeple should be afraid of - not the high doses.

(btw - i'm all for moderation - so - high dose isn't neccecary - good experiences happen on all planes)Edited by: Silence_Inc
Old 14-11-2005, 08:27

Male
bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 694, Level: 4 Points: 694, Level: 4 Points: 694, Level: 4

SWIM's dad claims to have had a 3 day non-stop acid binge with2buddys a waaaaaaay back when...not sure how much he actually went through, but hes all there to this day.
Old 16-11-2005, 02:46

kaniz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Did 6 hits of some fairly potent blotter, going to assume it was closer to the 100-150ug of the scale. It came on pretty strong, I remeber at about 6ish hours into the trip, it had finnaly weakened to the state of my previous 'strongest trip' (2 hits).

There are parts of the night I simply dont remember, cant say if it was black or white or what. The visuals, instead of just being things distorted or patterns ontop of things, but started to extend into the room and seem to have mass/form/wetness to them.

I felt like I was melting into the floor, like my concisousness was a liquid melting down the drain. Staring at a picture, and having an entirely new world form before me - looking so beautifull that it left me speechless. - staring at the picture drawed me into it, and became complelty unaware of my body or myself - then being startled when I came back to my body. never knew visuals/hallucinations could go so far - and I got a feeling that is only the begining.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 14-06-2011 at 01:01. Reason: format fix

Share this on:

Tags
journal, kentucky, lsd, lsd basics, lsd dosage, lsd health risks, lsd overdose, overdose