Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 12:36
Silver Member

Male from United States
SkipBrutale is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 384, Level: 3 Points: 384, Level: 3 Points: 384, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
scent smell

When in withdrawl everything has a bad musty smell to me. Like old stale cigarettes and b.o. and almost like urine. As soon as Swim takes a hit it goes away. Do you guys experience this? Swim has a hard time believing its just him smelling bad because he doesn't sweat while in withdrawls and like he said it goes away as soon as he gets well, so if it was him the smell wouldn't immediately change.

Seems it effects our sense of smell? Anyone know about this. All I know is when Swims sick, his blankets smell bad! Hope its not like that all the time but he just cant smell it?
Old 10-04-2012, 22:02
Silver Member

41 y/o Female from Ireland
ructions is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 113, Level: 1 Points: 113, Level: 1 Points: 113, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: scent smell

Hi Skipbrutale!!! Yeah i know the exact smell that you are talking about & it always comes with W.D's! Its nasty & it always makes me feel worse then i am already feeling!

I think the smell is all the toxins leaving your body, well that is the only thing that i can think it might be! It always seems worse after i've been sleeping.

My Boyfriend & i have both used heroin for years & we both suffer from that same problem. I'm always paranoid that the smell is really strong & that everyone can notice it off me so i'm always showering & scrubbing myself! My Boyfriend worries about the same thing.

But hand on my heart i can never notice the W.D's smell off him & he sez that he can never notice it off me. So it seems to be something that people notice off them selves.

But it is an horrible feeling when you wake up in the middle of the night, normally from a terrible nightmare, & then when you wake you feel sick as hell with W.D's & then to make things worse you get that W.D's smell, i do sit up in the bed close to tears & think "How the hell did i get myself in this awful mess........"
Old 10-04-2012, 22:49
..and your eyebrows

48 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,904, Level: 13 Points: 7,904, Level: 13 Points: 7,904, Level: 13
Activity: 35.5% Activity: 35.5% Activity: 35.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ructions View Post
Hi Skipbrutale!!! Yeah i know the exact smell that you are talking about & it always comes with W.D's! Its nasty & it always makes me feel worse then i am already feeling!

(...)
But hand on my heart i can never notice the W.D's smell off him & he sez that he can never notice it off me. So it seems to be something that people notice off them selves.
Funny,
Two hours ago I was talking this topic with a friend of mine and we both never noticed that w/d-smell from anyone else except for ourselves. It has to be a mis-setting of our noses while withdrawing.

Having discussed this years ago in rehab with other (ex-)users we came to the same conclusion.
This smell is not really existing, it is only our noses, smelling random shit. If everyone would be able to smell this, w/ding junkies would be easy to spot.

Perhaps dogs can, but I'm not sure, time is too long since I lived with a dog to recall how she reacted when I was w/d-ing.

My experience is that this goes away, shortly after physical w/d is done.

TBBW

Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 10-04-2012 at 22:51. Reason: addition
Old 11-04-2012, 08:26
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Male from Canada
eggomyeggo should review received reputation comments.

Swim gets high and smokes tobacco in his room. The next day before swim uses he cannot stand to be in the room that tobacco was smoked in even after it has aired out for five hours. Other than that swim only notices a slight increase in a bad smell IF there really is a bad smell there to begin with. Swim thinks of this heightened awareness to bad smells as just part of being irritable and swim takes no notice.

Share this on: