Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Caffeine & Coffee
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Caffeine & Coffee Caffeine, green tea, coffee, yerba mate, energy drinks.

Old 08-04-2012, 23:50
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Zhekarius is on the way upZhekarius is on the way upZhekarius is on the way up
Points: 856, Level: 4 Points: 856, Level: 4 Points: 856, Level: 4
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Crazy Coffee Rush

My friend every once and awhile will go on a caffeine binge and drink large amounts of coffee, one of the times he had had an exceptionally large amount of caffeine during the day, I would say around four entire pots worth mixed with creamer, probably around twenty or so glasses.

He was tweaking out like no tomorrow and speaking a hundred words a second practically, he spent the entire day reading cracked.com articles and by the end of the night he had become so paranoid that if he opened his door he would have a psychotic break that he refused to leave his room to pee until the sun rose, the walls were moving around a lot and breathing and I don't think my friend has ever been so hyper in his entire life, and he has bi-polar axis II so experiences hypomania sometimes.

Last edited by Zhekarius; 11-04-2012 at 00:50. Reason: added information, cleaning
Old 20-05-2012, 06:52

21 y/o Female from United States
MIA-QUEER is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Crazy Coffee Rush

While my friends of friend's have never had that much coffee in one day, they have had a form of caffeine high after a pot of coffee. FOF mistakenly believed sudafed would work as a stimulant to add to caffeine high but it was expired and immediately killed the caffeine high after 4 pills.
Old 12-06-2012, 20:56
Silver Member

Pseudoephedrine would add 'some' sort of stimulation, but it's not really the best choice for that by any means, more likely to make you paranoid than do anything enjoyable.
Old 13-06-2012, 02:01
Titanium Member

Male from Morocco
abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,000, Level: 4 Points: 1,000, Level: 4 Points: 1,000, Level: 4
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Probably not the wisest thing to do. God only knows how much caffeine you consumed, and that puts tremendous strain on your heart and adrenal glands...try and play it safe or reap the consequences.
Old 18-06-2012, 11:08
Silver Member

I would guess, probably enough that it caused caffeine induced psychosis, not something to try repeating.
Old 18-06-2012, 11:48
Gold Member

Female from Earth
Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.
Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5
Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9%

Yuck caffeine high! I dont mind the occasional cup off coffee but too much makes me hyper and irritable with people or things in general. I would not want that body load either. Feel dirty now...
Old 18-06-2012, 15:32
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Yeah, caffeine highs/overdoses never make me feel "good". Usually just the opposite. And especially if I have too much caffeine via coffee, it does AWFUL things to my tummy.

When I was a kid (7th grade, so 11 or 12), I used to take caffeine pills every morning & wash them down with a bottle of Jolt cola. *facepalm* I generally added some form of sugar overload as well (Pixie Stix or Lik-A-Maid pouches). OMG. The crash right before lunch every day was horrendous. Thankfully, lunch usually helped, not to mention the bottle of Coca-Cola (which more times than I care to admit to was "fortified" with some nip of liquor swiped from my grandparents).

Ah, youth.

I used to drink so much coffee, that I could have a cup right before bed & have no trouble sleeping. Ugh. These days I keep it more manageable, and have 1 cup in the morning - 2 at the most. If I have any caffeine after 4pm, I tend to have trouble sleeping.

~Kailey

Post Quality Evaluations:
For sharing, it's good to share
Old 18-06-2012, 15:33
Silver Member

Oh don't I know it, haha, ah my friend was just in one of those "I'm gonna try anything" moods though, normally, he doesn't even really drink coffee on a day to day basis.
Old 18-06-2012, 20:42
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Brazil
Gui316 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1

I have taken some huge amount of caffeine powder once with a big glass of cola. Biggest mistake ever made. Caffeine is good to keep you up to work, study, but don't get too far from the 300mg zone.
Old 18-06-2012, 21:36
Silver Member

Male from United States
been_there is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 172, Level: 2 Points: 172, Level: 2 Points: 172, Level: 2
Activity: 4.0% Activity: 4.0% Activity: 4.0%

lol. There's a reason why people don't go totally overboard on caffeine intake.. Previous experience tells me you'll feel like dying long before you will..
Old 18-06-2012, 21:47
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by been_there View Post
lol. There's a reason why people don't go totally overboard on caffeine intake.. Previous experience tells me you'll feel like dying long before you will..
Yeah, I'd say that's about right, my buddy did not enjoy it, it was an anxious, paranoid night and he had nasty jitters from it.
Old 18-06-2012, 22:13
Silver Member

Male from Earth
thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

Sometimes coffee can surprise the hell out of me. It is the ONLY thing that can get me out of bed everyday to go to work. Once in awhile my morning coffee gives me a glowing, love-for life type of uplifting buzz....other times it just makes me "up" and anxious. Thank god coffee is still legal
Old 31-12-2012, 03:56

Male from United States
mynigguhtrey is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

This one time i went into Starbucks and got a cup of coffee with 10 shots of caffeine in it. It was a 10$ cup of coffee. When i was paying for it they said to me they said "don't eat it on an empty stomach" and when they handed it to me the lady said "don't let me see you end up on the news." The lady behind the counter asked my friend that was with me "why are you letting him do this to himself." I drank half of what was in the cup and i felt the caffeine in my throat as i swallowed the coffee. it tasted awful. When it fully kicked in, i heard a ringing in my ears that sounded like the whistle noise from a bomb being dropped. My eyes picked up on more frames per second, and the world kinda slowed. When i turned my head, it took a second for my vision to catch up to what i was facing. As soon as i was done with half the drink, i walked outside my door and started running laps around the court i live in. I felt uncomfortably energetic. When i was done running, i smoked a cigarette and i felt like the feeling you get when your phone vibrates in your pocket, but all over my body. When i looked at stuff in the distance, my vision zoomed in. i couldnt go to sleep. i was sitting their grinding my jaw waiting for it to wear off. I would not recommend trying this, its dangerous and not worth it.
Old 13-01-2013, 19:30
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
ClockworkBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

When I wake up I almost have to have some form of caffeine otherwise I just walk around my house like a zombie until I'm awake enough to be functional. Caffeine seems to be a shortcut to the end of the waking up stage. I've never been a huge fan of coffee so I brew some tea and drink about 8-12 cups of that on an empty stomach. Often during the onset of the rush I feel sick to my stomach like I'm going to vomit but I never do so I no longer worry about it. After the sickly feeling in my stomach is gone I usually feel awake and pretty good. I like the feeling of a caffeine rush. I feel slightly euphoric and energetic.
Old 23-01-2013, 22:57
Silver Member

Male from United States
Vivix is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Whenever I've taken extremely high dosages of caffeine by drinking excessive amounts of coffee and energy drinks in one day, I feel hyped up with excitement and anxiety and I get chest pains, not to mention insomnia. I don't care for that feeling much, I kept feeling like I was getting miniature heart attacks and I couldn't sit still for more than a couple seconds. I still use very high amounts of coffee every day, but just enough to get the general effects and prevent withdrawal. Usually I have three espressos of a very bold dark roast coffee such as French Roast and I'm good for the day.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:47
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Caffeine is mostly an alertness aid and nothing more, more often than not it has a tendency to make me very irritable in high doses.

I have experienced the caffeine rush before but its rare and hard to get unless I take a few days off from it. I really like the rush, the feeling of wanting to get things done and being very talkative (race of thoughts one after the other) without being irritable is a nice feeling but as I have said, rare event.

Caffeine is nice when used in moderation and sucks when you hit the "addiction" stage where you are just using it to not feel groggy.

Its actually quite amazing to me that caffeine is pretty similar to other drugs. You chase that boost it gets you, your body adapts, you start taking it just to ward off "withdrawals" and its no fun anymore. Granted the withdrawals aren't extreme like heroin or methamphetamine but the paths of addiction are similar.

I know coffee also contains MAO-B inhibitors (Carboline, Harmane), which actually seems to play a significant role in the stimulant effects because I have noticed a significant difference in stimulant effects of coffee vs energy drinks/caffeine pills. May also explain the OPs crazy experience.

Last edited by DiabolicScheme; 10-03-2013 at 07:56.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:08
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.
Points: 1,536, Level: 5 Points: 1,536, Level: 5 Points: 1,536, Level: 5
Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8%

I chugged 3 tall cups of high caffeine coffee once when I was studying. The rush and euphoria was similar to amphetamine for a short while, and I was focused, but then I lost my focus quickly and had a ridiculously bad crash.

I only rarely drink caffeine now, but I love a cup of Coca.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:01

Male from United States
sativa should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

last year a friend of mine swallowed in 1 minute 4 or 5 caffeine pills that gave to him 850 mg of caffeine.
he told me that he felt his body shaking,he felt his body cold and hot at the same time,he felt a lot of anxiety,Dizziness.
And it lasted a lot of time,like 10 h.
he told me that he was not taking coffe for 1 week,so he told me he thinks that his tolerance was lowered,and that was the reason he felt these bad symptoms.
but i think the problem was that this was a high dosage of caffeine and thatīs why he felt those symptoms.
but i also think that his opinion is right too.
what do you guys think?

*if this friend of mine had swallowed 2 mg of xanax or 2 mg of clonazepam,this symptoms would be gone in a few minutes,i think.
am i right?

sativa added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

ohh i almost forgot,he said to me that he isnīt gonna try this much caffeine again.

Last edited by sativa; 10-03-2013 at 11:01. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-03-2013, 17:10
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

Last month, I didn't have my benzos and I decided to take 10 Fioricet (50 bulalbital/40 caffeine/325 APAP) at one time. I always mix Fioricet with beznos to take the caffeine edge off (I've very sensitive to caffeine) but didn't have any and figured the butalbital alone would be enough to over power the caffeine. So that 400 mg of caffeine for someone who rarely even has a cup of coffee.

After about 20 minutes I started getting extremely nervous and my hands were shaking so bad. I remember I got up to walk to the bathroom cus it was messing up my stomach and my hearing almost went out on me. It felt like I was hearing everything with cotton in my ears. My pupils were dilated to the extent that amphetamine does. I couldn't speak properly or keep still and got extremely nasueated. I tried to vomit but couldn't.

I laid in bed on the verge of a panic attack. Luckily the butalbital was having some effect so I didn't have a full blown panic attack. Finally my ride came to bring me to get my klonopin prescription and the ride was extremely unconfortable. Sitting there totally tense and my heart pounding while trying to make small talk. As soon as I got the pills, I went into the rest room at the store and took five right off the bat. About half way home, I felt fine again.

Eww, I am never taking that much Fioricet again without benzos in me. Well, I hope I never take that much fioricet again period.

I jail, we used to snort instant coffee. We'd used maybe a quarter or a half of the amount used to make a cup. It would get use alert and you'd feel a little "rush" at first (not a real rush of course). It was just something to do out of bordem.

There were also "coffee shots" which is 3 or more spoon fulls (one spoon full is enough for a cup) of instant coffee disolved in the smallest amount of water possible to make it drinkable so that it wasn't just a straight syrup. We'd do those and try to stay up all night playing spades or whatever but it usually just made everyone jittery and feel like shit.

Also a lot of guys smoked coffee sticks which is an amount of coffee rolled up in paper (bible paper or the wrapper from toilet paper usually) and smoked like a joint or cigarette. It's supposed to provide a strong kick but the feeling only lasts for a few minutes. I've never tried it.

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 10-03-2013 at 17:16. Reason: added to
Old 14-03-2013, 00:35

45 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Splosh3000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Am I missing something here. Why do people take excessive coffee, when coffee exists these days, like tobacco, without any real ritualistic significance. It exists merely to help people do what they have to do to exist within the hivemind system. I mean I love coffee, in moderation. But using it as an intensely psychoactive drug, it's basically, stupid. A guy died of a caffeine overdose after 36 espressos in Italy. I can think of better drugs to take you out. Can't you?

Post Quality Evaluations:
We aren't arguing sociology, morality, or personal preferences here. Please stay on topic.
Old 14-03-2013, 03:37

Female from United States
jakemoe needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%

Many years ago I used to need coffee to wake up and I programed the coffee maker to have it ready for me when I wake up, so that was my first move of the morning, getting my cup of coffee and lounging for a few while my brain wakes up. I quit drinking eventually, for no reason really, and now I find myself having a cup maybe once or twice a week when I get drousy. I love the way it effects me now cos it's rarely consumed, I get a little buzz and it proves really helpful. I hope it can always be like this so I don't end up needing it again, yet it can really help those times I want to rattle my brain.

Over drinking the stuff is very unpleasant to the stomach and the nerves and sort of makes you feel like breaking out of your own skin.
Old 18-03-2013, 08:25

45 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Splosh3000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Does anybody consider everyday highs like caffeine (especially coffee and energy drinks), alcohol and tobacco on a par with illegal substances, that only my parrot would take, when considering the overall effects. Sometimes I see my parrot suffering recovery time and deduce that the recovery has been considerably lengthened by, say, tobacco. Probably everyone does, but I've only got a tiny bit of scientist in me.
Old 04-06-2013, 00:43
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
zedletter is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 236, Level: 2 Points: 236, Level: 2 Points: 236, Level: 2
Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2%

They say that drinking caffeine while having bipolar is a nightmare, because of the chance of it triggering a manic episode and psychosis. I have bipolar II and I drink a latte and a NOS energy drink every day and I'm fine though, hell a manic episode wouldn't even be that bad considering I'm in a deep depression right now.
Old 24-08-2013, 04:17
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from Earth
Sumeru is a decent psychonaut.Sumeru is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 436, Level: 3 Points: 436, Level: 3 Points: 436, Level: 3

I find that tea and chocolate (specifically bitter or semi-bitter drinking or brewing cocoa) make good substitutes for coffee. They contain more theophylline and theobromine (respectively) than caffeine, but still maintain it in small enough quantities that it can be helpful on some level.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:30

Female from United States
lucidinfraction should review received reputation comments.
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1

Chocolate doesn't help me in any quantity. It just tastes good.

Share this on:

Tags
caffeine, caffeine causing hallucinations