They had revised the legislation to allow the sale to adults 18+. While it's been discussed in the Senate that portion has been removed. It's SB 130 if you would like to review the text for yourself.
Crowe (SB 130)
Present law provides that it is unlawful for any person knowingly or intentionally to produce,
manufacture, distribute, or possess with intent to produce, manufacture, distribute a material,
compound, mixture, or preparation which contains a prohibited plant which is intended to
(1) Placed in the oral or nasal cavity.
(2) Prepared in a manner to be suitable for smoking in a pipe, cigarette, or other device.
(3) Burned and inhaled or exhaled in any manner or form.
Proposed law adds "Mitragyna speciosa
" to the definition of prohibited plant.
Effective upon signature of the governor or lapse of time for gubernatorial action.
(Adds R.S. 40:989.2(C)(5)(m))
Summary of Amendments Adopted by Senate
Senate Floor Amendments to engrossed bill.
1. Deletes all provisions making it unlawful to distribute Kratom
to a person
under 18 years of age and for such persons to purchase or possess Kratom,
as well as the penalties for so doing.
2. Provides instead for the inclusion of "Mitragyna speciosa" in the definition
of prohibited plants in current law provisions prohibiting the possession,
production, manufacture, or distribution of prohibited plants and specified
derivatives as provided in the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances