Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 29-02-2012, 16:15

22 y/o Male from USA - Nevada
DeToKz needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Dope turning dark brown, NOT Burnt

My pet alien wants to kno why his dope is turning dark brown? He puts it in the pookie melts it down & cracks it back everythings all good puddle cracks back pale with nice webs, But as he keeps smoking & the puddle shrinks it will start to turn brown he knows it isnt scorched (he would throw it away) so what do you guys think??

he has an idea but would rather not post it for he wants your REAL awnsers not some spin off of his own.
Old 29-02-2012, 17:03
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United States
cloud_nine is a decent psychonaut.cloud_nine is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Dope turning dark brown, NOT Burnt

Sounds normal to me.Some stuff will turn a dark color after it cracks back.It doesn't mean anything is wrong.But,if it tastes burnt and you're not getting any hits then it might be the way you're smoking it perhaps?Are you holding the flame too close?Not spinning it slowly once it melts?If that's the case than you are wasting your stuff.But if not,then it might be the batch you got?From what you described,this could just be because you've smoked what was in the pipe and what's left is just nasty shit you dont wanna smoke anyway.Depends on the dope though..some stuff will crack back differently.Are you at least getting good hits and getting high??
Old 01-03-2012, 00:50

22 y/o Male from USA - Nevada
DeToKz needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

yea the dopes descent, get fat rips N use the tail of the flame so theres never direct contact. ( not even so much as a black smudge gets on this pookie) Positive its not burnt (half T's have ben thrown away from being scorched) My pet knows what he's doing to be honest he's kinda a pro with the pookie..

DeToKz added 36 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToKz View Post
yea the dopes descent, get fat rips N use the tail of the flame so theres never direct contact. ( not even so much as a black smudge gets on this pookie) Positive its not burnt (half T's have ben thrown away from being scorched) My pet knows what he's doing to be honest he's kinda a pro with the pookie..
Reading over that it sounds ignorent, wasnt ment to.

DeToKz added 184 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

i feel like i got more awnsers trolling this forum then actully registering and posting, Sad....

DeToKz added 222 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

swim Thinks itz amazing how he can post a question on on this forum, Have almost 100 people look at it & not even get the smallest shread of input on the subject (with the exception of 9, Appericate it Bruh) But the guy saying hes constapated gets 6?? c'mon???

Well its to late Swin has already smoked that bowl, im thinking was just some poorly put togeather Bake..Wasnt bunk as swim is still awake. Just got dark brown to the end, i dont know fuck it

Post Quality Evaluations:
Don't bitch cuz someone isn't responding to a thread thats pretty much against the rules anyway, no one can ID drugs for you without chemical analysis

Last edited by DeToKz; 01-03-2012 at 00:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-03-2012, 08:51
Banned

33 y/o Female from USA - Nevada
SB1981 is learning how to become a psychonaut.

In my younger days I would smoke the nasty dark shit and end up having trouble breathing from it; hasn't happened ever since when I finally learned how not to turn the shit dark.
Old 19-03-2012, 00:16
Banned

36 y/o Male from United States
Kidx needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

That's cause it's really good shit.
Old 25-03-2012, 22:14
Silver Member

amannddaa1885 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidx View Post
that's what i thought. my stuff's puddles will turn dark brown and smoke for a loooooooong time. I've never gotten so spun from smoking. it's amazing. the pieces are kinda brown and some hits look like monster hits but hardly nanyhing comes out i love this dope.
Old 25-03-2012, 23:40
Mercury Member

Male from United States
Stepin Fetchit needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
My pet alien wants to kno why his dope is turning dark brown? He puts it in the pookie melts it down & cracks it back everythings all good puddle cracks back pale with nice webs, But as he keeps smoking & the puddle shrinks it will start to turn brown he knows it isnt scorched (he would throw it away) so what do you guys think??

he has an idea but would rather not post it for he wants your REAL awnsers not some spin off of his own.
I think that eventually the stuff simply gets brown from the melting, cooling, and reheating process. If you heat something up enough times, it's gonna cook a little bit.

Stepin Fetchit added 6 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidx View Post
How is someone who has been banned for 3 days at their 2th post still able to post and now has 50 posts credited to them?

This site is shady if moderators can take over profiles and post things under other user names.

Last edited by Stepin Fetchit; 25-03-2012 at 23:40. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-03-2012, 23:50
Silver Member

stephin what are you talking about? this thread is old. found it on third page.

and then why has my shit never acted like this before? i'm sorry but that response was pointless

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thank you for kindly pointing that out.
Old 26-03-2012, 00:38
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,579, Level: 12 Points: 7,579, Level: 12 Points: 7,579, Level: 12
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

Quote:
My pet alien wants to kno why his dope is turning dark brown? He puts it in the pookie melts it down & cracks it back everythings all good puddle cracks back pale with nice webs, But as he keeps smoking & the puddle shrinks it will start to turn brown .
is dark brown like almost black, or is it redish brown like amber?

does it have a yuk taste or does it have good flavor?

beentheredonethatagain added 2 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepin Fetchit View Post
How is someone who has been banned for 3 days at their 2th post still able to post and now has 50 posts credited to them?

This site is shady if moderators can take over profiles and post things under other user names.

shady? thats the first time I have heard this place called shady, but I have been in the sun a while , a little shade sounds good.

Last edited by beentheredonethatagain; 26-03-2012 at 00:38. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26-03-2012, 01:19
Mercury Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by amannddaa1885 View Post
stephin what are you talking about? this thread is old. found it on third page.

and then why has my shit never acted like this before? i'm sorry but that response was pointless
Are you using a new pipe? If you got a new one and the glass is thicker, thinner, or if the bowl size is larger or smaller than you're used to it will take some getting used to. It would be nice if every pipe was the same, but there are lots of glass blowers, some using more expensive glass, some using cheap glass, and their isn't a standard metric that they have to follow, so there is some variety. Heat will transfer differently to your studf depending on the thickness of the glass, the temperature it is heated, and the amount of time it is heated for.

When I switched to a more expensive pipe, I found that the stuff was harder to melt, yet once it was it vaped like hell for a while with no additional heat. I then switched to a torch and everything was golden, because the glass heated up quicker, so the stuff stayed completely clean until the bowl started running out, then it would turn brown, or black if I was too impatient.

Both a thicker glass and using a torch allowed me to load bigger amounts because thicker glass is more insulated, but the properties of glass are such that once it's hot it stays at way for a while. So as long as I didn't keep heating it after it was at it's vaping point, and as long as I was willing to keep hitting it and roll the pipe around until it started to cool, I wouldn't burn until the very last little bit like I mentioned. But when I didn't feel like hitting it like that and when I loaded smaller amounts I fucked it up and had some burned nasties at I had to recesutate by washing it and mixing it with fresh stuff.

The reason that a torch helps not burn the stuff is because the glass gets hotter faster, so the stuff isn't cooking for as long at the lower temperatures. As long as the vape is pulled out and the bowls is turned, the product cat burn. But if it is heated up and only a puff is taken and you don't turn the bowl, the stuff will sit there and cook the whole time until the temperature decreases to where it recrystallizes.

Since I like the torch, I also prefer thicker glass for it's insulating properties. It can retain the heat better, so you can add more to the bowl, but, this may not be your thing. When I was less careful, less attentive, and less patient, I had some burning issues that I had to deal with, and we all know how easy it is to get careless, spaced out, and impatient when we're on it.

Also, I had to learn when a pipe is through. I found one that was the perfect shape, size, thickness, and I liked it so much I decided to use it as much as I could till I broke it. The problem is, when you heat glass up over and over with a torch, imperfections start to form. Even with repeated cleanings it eventually has too many imperfections to be the perfect pipe anymore, and burned spots on the inside will cause little burned bits to form in the stuff.

I also noticed that nothing would settle in the the spot where I naturally held my hand the most, so I obviously was causing a large imperfection in the glass where my stuff was more susceptible to burning.

Anyway, you can choose your equipent based on your smoking style. I try to have more than one available, and you can ecpven have a small one, thick one, thin one, large one, torch, lighter, so you can smoke differently depending on your mood. I don't do that because I get spacey and forget how many I have and where I put them, and I don't want people to be accidentally running across them when their looking for the toilet paper at my house or whatever.
Old 26-03-2012, 10:25
Silver Member

No but I will go home tomorrow and use my other two to see for you. I know how pipes and lighters work, I use all kinds but thanks..
Old 26-03-2012, 10:38
Mercury Member

Male from United States

Quote:
No but I will go home tomorrow and use my other two to see for you. I know how pipes and lighters work, I use all kinds but thanks..
I only said that because I thought I had everything figured out and mastered, only to start having trouble out of the blue, and I couldn't figure out what the problem was for...well, ok it wasn't that long, but it was tweaker time, so it seemed like weeks.

I'm starting to try and think of ways to fix the browning issue. Maybe we can figure this out together. I'm going to see if a small amount of water on the brown material will possibly dilute it and help it burn better.

It's good that at least it's just a matter of color/consistency and that nothing is going to waste, but I still would rather have the clean-burning vapor days backpack again. *SNIFF* Those were beautiful times...

Of course, maybe the issue on my end is the thick glass, and I was just lucky and "in the zone" when I was torching down those beautiful clear puddles with ease...
Old 05-04-2012, 06:01

Male from United States
LetMeSeeThat is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

AFOAF had this happen to him for the first time today. The dope turned dark brown, (closer to black then amber) twice from the same batch of 1 gram shards he received. He always separates his shards into different containers when he gets them, and smokes them from smallest to largest. This happened to be the last shard he smoked, and also the largest in the batch.

The meth was of decent quality, but not the greatest. Probably the worst he received from the last 3-5 batches, but he's used to stuff that he believes is more pure. The bag slightly reeked of sour cat piss, which was an odor he never encountered before. There were also yellow tints on some of the shards, but not all of them.

The effects were decent but lacked the "tingles" and euphoria he usually desires when smoking. I want to add that he smoked the rest of the shards prior and they all melted rather slowly, but eventually into a clear puddle, which seemed pretty normal to him. Up until this point, he just thought he got a bag with some cuts he's wasn't accustomed to. This was the first time he used this this hook up, because his usual dealer is on a hiatus.

When he got down to smoking the very last shard, he broke it up into enough small pieces for 3 bowls allowing him at least 10-15 hits per bowl. The first bowl immediately turned dark brown when it melted down and gave off a burning smell. He thought he accidentally contaminated the bowl with something that was evidently, not meth, even though it resembled it. He wrote this off as a mistake and cleaned out the pipe and reloaded a second time, using shards from the same piece of rock. The problem was that whatever mixed in with the good meth, left a black residue that was irremovable with the usual utensils he used to clean. Usually, it just takes some water and a cotton swab to remove any leftover residue. He cleaned it the best he could and reloaded.

This time he was sure no contaminants were loaded in the second bowl and it was only crystal shards. When heat was applied slowly and the rocks started to melt, the puddle turned to a dark brown color again. It was so dark to the point where he could barely make out the patterns of the crack back.
Since it didn't have a burning smell or taste, and he knows he didn't burn it, he continued to smoke the bowl as he usually would. Even towards the end, the very tiny dark brown puddle leftover was still smokeable without being burnt. It seemed to last longer than usual because he received a bunch of decent hits from it.
He had never encountered white/opaque shards that melted down into a dark brown residue immediately, without it being burnt.

Does this mean it was cut with something dirty? Only one shard out of the gram smoked like this. But, on the 3rd and final bowl, it melted into a clear puddle again, even though it was remnants of the same shard that caused the other 2 bowls to turn dark brown.

Oddly enough, the crystals that were stained yellow melted down into clear puddles and smoked fine. It was the white, glassy shard that caused the dark brown color when it recrystalized.

He's heard people say that it's supposed to good stuff when it turns an amber color when it recrystalizes, but then he hears others say it's more pure when it melts into a clear puddle and recrystalizes white. He's worried about using this hook up again, as the batch he received seemed kind of odd, but he can't say for sure.

He wants to know if this is normal or if anyone else can explain why this happened?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:51
Silver Member

From my experience when i got a baggie of some brownish shards mixed with white shards, the white stuff was yuck and the brownish shards would melt down to a nice reddish brown puddle tasted and smelled not at all, and smoked a good long while. Towards the end i would look like a monster rip but id exhale hardly any smoke. I could see the c4ack back fine, and i would exhale very slowly through my nose only. Ive never been so twacked. I remember one day in particular. Ooooo man. But your shit sounds weird.

amannddaa1885 added 3 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Quote:
that's what i thought. my stuff's puddles will turn dark brown and smoke for a loooooooong time. I've never gotten so spun from smoking. it's amazing. the pieces are kinda brown and some hits look like monster hits but hardly nanyhing comes out i love this dope.

Lol see what the dope does to me. Got me sayin one thing twice. Heheheh -__-

Last edited by amannddaa1885; 05-04-2012 at 11:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-04-2012, 07:49

27 y/o Female from United States
openyrmind is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

what do I do w burned meth, to still get high? ways to clean the puddle?
Old 25-03-2013, 08:45

29 y/o Male from United States
2DaBrain should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

How come whenever swims friend friend passes it to him it looks like straight motor oil, yet doesn't have any real harsh taste to it. It actually gives swim that high octane boost! Swim has some stuff from the same supplier as his friend, (all three are mutual friends), but doesn't get the same results when not smoking with his friend. Instead, he ends up keeping it a lighter color all the way through; which isn't bad at all, it's just not that high octane boost he would like. How is his friend turning it to this motor oil color and texture?

By the way, i would compare the feeling of the high octane boost to hitting a bong
Old 26-03-2013, 07:57

24 y/o Male from USA - Florida
Psyconauticus is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

When it turns pure brown it was cut with something, pure meth will turn into a light beige creamy color when your smoking it. Not completely either, just a very light tint that is mixed in with the white, the white definitely takes over. It's pretty easy to tell the difference between cut shit and exceptionally "pure" meth. If it turns brown/black then you need a different connect ASAP. The stuff you have (OP) might be good but if it's turning all brown or mostly brown then it's definitely cut with foreign materials. I am sure you know how to not burn your stuff right, keep lighter on blue flame (lowest possible) 1/2in from glass (don't touch) burn till puddle, spread around puddle no more lighter when spreading, hold hit in 5+sec, exhale. I can keep the lighter on my recrystallized puddle for 20+sec and it doesn't change at all it stays the same consistency as previous hit a very light beige/mostly white mixture (usually towards the end of the bowl it starts to turn like that, it's basically all white for the first ~10-15hits from a .15) the beige cream is barely noticeable even towards the end if it is pure shit, and if you know how to smoke it properly. Once you get the good stuff you'll easily be able to tell the difference between qualities. Holla if you agree with me. Stay safe, know your limits. <END POST>
Old 26-03-2013, 08:09
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyconauticus View Post
When it turns pure brown it was cut with something, pure meth will turn into a light beige creamy color when your smoking it.

I agree this is a possible reason, but not necessarily true. There is another reason why good bowls of meth turn brown. Sometimes people pack bowls that are too large. By the time you get near the end of a massive puddle, it' has melted and resolidified countless times and basically just gets old and brown. Since I don't like when it turns brown, I usually pack small-medium sized bowls. Not too small though, because it's hard to get big hits from small puddles. Gotta make it just right

-----

Also, not maintaining pipe cleanliness. Usually after every other bowl or so, I just quickly rub off any little marks on the inside with a q-tip, then pack my bowl. Those little brown/black marks will make your puddle go brown as well.

In my experience, a little bit of brown from time to time doesn't necessarily mean the meth is poor quality, or you're lighting it wrong.. It's just the nature of the beast. It can be reduced though if you follow the two reasons I stated above.
Old 27-03-2013, 02:07
Banned

21 y/o Male from United States
codris should review received reputation comments.

The color change is a great thing it should never stay clear or white. Red/Brown is good, Yellowish not so much (from experience).

Share this on:

Tags
crack, crack pipe, dope, drug, meth, meth amphetamine, methamphetamine

» New Threads
Lets say it takes an hour for tea...
Last post by Alka_holic
18 Replies, 444 Views
Weaning off GHB
Last post by gthug
2 Replies, 73 Views
How Hard was it for you to get...
Last post by Alka_holic