Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 05-04-2012, 23:56
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
SpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline Medline
Points: 3,448, Level: 8 Points: 3,448, Level: 8 Points: 3,448, Level: 8
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%
A first-timer's commentary about Kratom Powder (quality extract)

In the course of a night, three grams of Kratom powder of the more decent sort, from what I was told, appeared in my life. It somehow ended up becoming mine to do whatever with. In fact, despite having done everything and then some in the "tree of drugs," this very strange ethnobotanical has been something that I haven't gotten a chance to try. I was slightly intrigued with the opiate-effect qualities and the general nature of "natural, clean, and fair" as opposed to most of the opiates you find.

So why the heck not: 3 grams over the course of 7 hours was my assessed value that was reasonable for the first time given the projected quality. I split two 1.5 grams dosage-sets into five capsules taken 5 minutes each where I could step up the first half slowly. After that, I would do the second half in a large capsule dose after the start of the first half's declination-of-effects so I could raise the effects slightly but not overload myself on a first time experience using on the drug and the batch. By the way, this is not a trip report; it is a first-timer's commentary.

Here is all I can say:

Not bad... not bad at all! It is a very gentle body high and leaves the mind feeling loopy and detached. Not to mention, I was doing this while extremely tired, so when I passed out, the sleep quality was good. I also dreamed a little and had some form of closed-eye visuals. It even had an arousal factor that was strange and nice at the same time. Overall, Kratom is exciting to me for further exploration. I am very glad that I did this and will definitely spend time trying it more in the future. I will need to step into it carefully though and scale up at very spaced-out intervals as to prevent potential "chemical love affairs" that I can see being possible with this sort of drug. I am no expert and a general newbie to opiate-receptor agonist outside of pharmaceuticals and certain specialized ethnobotanicals such as Salvia Divinorum (yet that thing has a different experience-base entirely). Although natural, strange, and nice-to-you in terms of dosage, I can see this also being a very bad "teeter-totter drug" where a higher-and-higher amount is desired over time until it lands you in a bad place for the first time clinging on to sanity/life.

Also I recognized that this plant has a great self-medication potential, but I can also see it being addictive to the wrong people. As for side effects: I noticed my eyes became bloodshot from it upon waking up. So I assume that "hangover-like" effect I heard about was simply that. I didn't feel bad waking up. I felt great in fact. I was better rested than usual. So in this case, because it seeming worth my time, effort, and the paper-based bartering tools, I plan to explore this more deeply. Also since it is legal in my state, the source is researched and the product is deemed safe, and it can be taken without adverse effects (given no MAOIs), I am going to recommend this experience for others. I think it has more value than just that of recreation and relaxation. It seems to have potential and definitely needs researched for medicine.

Also this was a beautiful way the universe acted... this stuff found me at the right time. My mom was going into surgery in the morning, and I was finding it hard to sleep and quit worrying that night... this stuff worked better than a benzo for my apprehension. Thanks universe for the gift! (Oh and for those who care, mom came out of surgery fine!)

Last edited by SpatialReason; 06-04-2012 at 00:08.
Old 06-04-2012, 17:08
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Re: A first-timer's commentary about Kratom Powder (quality extract)

Glad you like it and seeing as you've just started make sure you use it sparingly!

Otherwise these effects (esp. euphoria) fade relatively quickly.

I'm also suggesting you stick to regular grade kratom vs extracts, unless you have good income because the price for extracts are relatively high for what you get and it drives tolerance quite quickly.
Old 06-04-2012, 17:12
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Welcome to the Forum SpatialReason, and to the wonderful world of Kratom.

What type of extract did you use?
I would recomend avoiding extracts and using plain kratom powdered leaf.
Extracts as well as being overpriced and usually of poor quality, will also raise your tollerence rendering regular kratom useless in normal doses.

As DS said, you will lose the positive effects that come with kratom faster from using extracts.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:00
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
SpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline Medline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
Welcome to the Forum SpatialReason, and to the wonderful world of Kratom.

What type of extract did you use?
I would recomend avoiding extracts and using plain kratom powdered leaf.
Extracts as well as being overpriced and usually of poor quality, will also raise your tollerence rendering regular kratom useless in normal doses.

As DS said, you will lose the positive effects that come with kratom faster from using extracts.
See that is where I am confused. I think what I had was powdered leaf in the finest and most concentrated powder I have ever seen. It was titled "Gold Reserve Kratom" and it was very bitter, pungent, and tan-yellow. Apparently it was a strong powder from what I was told, so I figured it was an "extract."

Now there was indeed the ability to get liquid extract, but that was obviously not a first timer's best bet. So what I am wagering is that I had a super-high quality powder as opposed to an extract. Is that correct ian?
Old 07-04-2012, 10:58
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

It depends on where you got it, because several vendors offer products with the same name. But we can not discuss vendors here.

What you possibly had was an enhanced product, similiar to Ultra Enhanced Indo (UEI)
It is plain leaf enhanced with a high dose of pure alkaloids.
Its probably one of the stronger products available, just a tiny step down in potency from UEI in my opinion.

Personally, i would avoid it. Unless you want to only use kratom once a month or so.
And i have seen a lot of people say they only plan to use it for special occasions, or once a month who then end up taking it once a week, then on weekends and then every other day.

Make no mistake, enhanced products like that are addictive and the withdrawals from them are every bit as bad as other opiates.

Like i already said, they will raise tollerence so fast that using other kratom products will not get you anywhere without taking big doses.
Old 07-04-2012, 19:07
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpatialReason View Post
See that is where I am confused. I think what I had was powdered leaf in the finest and most concentrated powder I have ever seen. It was titled "Gold Reserve Kratom" and it was very bitter, pungent, and tan-yellow. Apparently it was a strong powder from what I was told, so I figured it was an "extract."

Now there was indeed the ability to get liquid extract, but that was obviously not a first timer's best bet. So what I am wagering is that I had a super-high quality powder as opposed to an extract. Is that correct ian?
Kratom's marketing is quite confusing, extracts generally have "x15", "x20" etc. to describe the so called strength, then there are the different types that come from different places and then it is further complicated by the fact that some batches of the same type may be more potent than the other batch you've previously bought , you even can get varying potency in the exact same batch.

Then you have the scum that sells "kratom" that is totally something else like tramadol, these are pretty distinguishable fortunately as they usually come in little fancy smoke blend packs. These are the boys that are threatening Kratom's legal status.

I personally come back to bali most of the time, its cheaper than others and provides good effects. Others that I've come back to is maeng da and green thai (grainy consistency) but these are more stimulant in effects. Indo is the only "type" that I haven't enjoyed as it just puts me to sleep.

Try different types don't just settle for the first type you try you might find another that you like better.
Old 07-04-2012, 21:09
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabolicScheme View Post
Kratom's marketing is quite confusing, extracts generally have "x15", "x20" etc. to describe the so called strength, then there are the different types that come from different places and then it is further complicated by the fact that some batches of the same type may be more potent than the other batch you've previously bought , you even can get varying potency in the exact same batch.

Then you have the scum that sells "kratom" that is totally something else like tramadol, these are pretty distinguishable fortunately as they usually come in little fancy smoke blend packs. These are the boys that are threatening Kratom's legal status.

I personally come back to bali most of the time, its cheaper than others and provides good effects. Others that I've come back to is maeng da and green thai (grainy consistency) but these are more stimulant in effects. Indo is the only "type" that I haven't enjoyed as it just puts me to sleep.

Try different types don't just settle for the first type you try you might find another that you like better.
Oh I plan to, and I really look forward to having a tea brew. I am a tea lover myself, so this is a great way to make my personal "sleepy time tea" brew really legit. There is already an established rule in my room: don't drink ANYTHING in my fridge unless I have approved so wholesomely. The last thing you want is for your guest to help themselves to sweet tea. The last thing you want to hear is: "That is Ayahuasca Brew with Kratom leaves and Valerian Root... Go lay down... NOW!"

I love finding things that I can drink with interesting results. This tickles my fancy quite well.

Share this on:

Tags
first time kratom use, kratom, powdered kratom