Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Cocaine addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cocaine addiction Support for coping with Crack & Cocaine addiction and Crack & Cocaine addiction treatment.

Old 30-03-2012, 16:56

28 y/o Male from USA - Texas
Will B should review received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Addicted to free

I don't pay for the cocaine that I use ever. My buddy is the one who will buy it about 3 or 4 days out of the week and he invites me. He even buys me beer. I always feel bad about it when I go home, saying things like "I'll stop going" or "I can't do this anymore." I don't have a lot of friends and I trick myself into thinking its okay because I'm not paying for it, which makes it really easy to just go for it and sniff. But I'm disabled and on depression meds and the coke gets me more depressed. I've had a problem with breathing through my nose for more than a week, its congested and stuff I blow out boogers all day. I hope its nothing serious.
Old 31-03-2012, 17:49
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Addicted to free

I don't mean to offend you, but is there a point to this thread?

We try to keep a good signal to noise ratio, so am just trying to determine which your thread is.
Old 31-03-2012, 17:59
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

If you are concerned about addiction they perhaps you should either take some time out from visiting your friend so that the temptation is not there, and also so you can judge how you can get by without it, or you should ask your friend if the next time you visit would it be ok to have a clean night, with no drugs.

Its possible your friend might be relying on you to be around so they are not taking it alone too.

If you are concerned about your nose or any other health issues then go to your doctor and explain what you have been taking and get yourself checked out, for peace of mind if nothing else.

Post Quality Evaluations:
that is sound advice
Old 01-04-2012, 00:42

@ sassy, I guess I was just looking for support because I don't have anyone in my real life to help me out with this situation. @zombie, I agree that my friend is relying on me to be around so he doesn't take it alone. I have been on coke now for about 4 months, using multiple days of the week. I think I am done with it tho.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:15
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6

awwwww... I think I am better at support than anything else, mostly because I know just how it feels to be convinced you're 'in it alone'. Adrift on the sea and all around you all you see is nothing, and no one.

But really, support and empathy is all around us, if we can just recognize and accept it. Or for that matter, ask for it.

Have you considered enlisting the support of this friend? My friend always has stuff, but when I quit using methamphetamine and told her, she was nothing but supportive. At first I didn't see her at all, but after a couple months I seemed to be able to handle occasional visits.
She never uses around me or even bring up the subject.
Yes, I know she has it. It's a real test of my willpower sometimes, and if I am feeling weak, I forego seeing her.

you'll have to get off the fence, and decide if you 'think' you're done with it, or you ARE. Stopping something like coke is not done successfully, half-heartedly.

Don't give up, post your questions and worries anytime, someone is always around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will B View Post
@ sassy, I guess I was just looking for support because I don't have anyone in my real life to help me out with this situation. @zombie, I agree that my friend is relying on me to be around so he doesn't take it alone. I have been on coke now for about 4 months, using multiple days of the week. I think I am done with it tho.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:56

I think since this is the first place I'm bringing up my situation, I will try hard not to go back on my word. My friend also says supportive things when I tell him I want to quit. Honestly its hard to see my friend like that he has chosen to live this really bad expensive life, doing no good in the eyes of the ones who care for him. I need to make a run for it, can't be caught up in other people's messes.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:15

Its been 3 days since my last use. Still talk on the phone to my friend but will keep up the good work by not using.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:28

Male from United States
embreed is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Good job man! kicking something like coke is a hard thing to do! feel good about yourself and know that your doing what you think is best for you, no matter how hard it is!
Old 05-04-2012, 19:26

TY embreed for the support. Its really easy to think about using again since my friend uses everyday and really he's the only friend I hang out with. But my streak of not using is what is keeping me going, I really don't want to interrupt it. I have depression and the thought of using again gets me anxious and that can feel good but I have guilt so.... nope just can't do it.
Old 05-04-2012, 22:48

Male from United States
embreed is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Quote:
TY embreed for the support. Its really easy to think about using again since my friend uses everyday and really he's the only friend I hang out with. But my streak of not using is what is keeping me going, I really don't want to interrupt it. I have depression and the thought of using again gets me anxious and that can feel good but I have guilt so.... nope just can't do it.
I know its hard, but if he's your only friend get out there and make some new friends. Believe me im super awkward and stuff so i know its WAY easier said than done, but itll help to chill with people not using. You'll crave it way less. I also have depression, anxiety, and paranoia, and its really rough man. But hey i'll make a deal haha, if you successfully stop using coke, I'll reduce my adderall intake to therapeutic levels, because i know that causes a lot of problems for me. (might even ween myself off eventually..hopefully)
Old 10-04-2012, 03:12

I went to the park today and walked about 3 or 4 miles. Light excercise but it helped a lot. When I got home and it was the usual time for me to get picked up by my friend, I was feeling way better about staying home and doing my own thing. In the past, boredom might have been a big factor... why it was so easy to use. I also use a little marijuana but that has never caused me to have such horrible problems such as coke or alcohol. I smoke about 1 or 2 bowls of weed a day and I like it, but its no big deal I think. Overall I'm feeling great about not using coke.
Old 16-04-2012, 18:45
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from USA - Michigan
Donald Duck is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 163, Level: 2 Points: 163, Level: 2 Points: 163, Level: 2

Quote:
I went to the park today and walked about 3 or 4 miles. Light excercise but it helped a lot. When I got home and it was the usual time for me to get picked up by my friend, I was feeling way better about staying home and doing my own thing. In the past, boredom might have been a big factor... why it was so easy to use. I also use a little marijuana but that has never caused me to have such horrible problems such as coke or alcohol. I smoke about 1 or 2 bowls of weed a day and I like it, but its no big deal I think. Overall I'm feeling great about not using coke.
That's extremely good to hear, man. Keep it up. I've never (nor do I plan on it) tried cocaine, but I can only imagine how hard it is to break the addiction of it. From what I got from what you posted, you're not sure if you were addicted (prior to your previous posts) because you were using almost on a daily basis? That's how it is for me when it comes to nicotine. Like, I feel like I'm addicted, but I just smoke every day so I can't really tell if I'm really struggling to get nicotine.

And definitely cannabis is the way to go over both cocaine and alcohol; no need to worry over the "come down" effects. Keep at it man, I'm positive you can continue without use and you won't regret it. I'm not sure the type of situation with you and your friend is, but have you ever thought of trying to get him to quit with you? You can both work with each other, supporting each other, and both try to quit. Like I said, I've never tried cocaine so I'm not sure if what I suggested is a completely stupid idea or whatever, but yeah.

Good luck, keep at it.
Old 12-05-2012, 23:45

It was tough at first, I think I went a week off but then went back to using again every couple of days. I muscled up enough to quit again and its been 2 weeks now since I've used and it feels like longer and I'm very happy about it. I still have other problems like depression and stuff like that but am working on it. Marijuana seems to be helping a little bit with depression. It makes me laugh after I use and also the munchies and happyness.

Share this on:

Tags
addiction, cocaine