Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxymorphone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 20:45
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
CheGuevara should review received reputation comments.
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
First time doing Opana, please help fast!

I normally do about 50-60 mg of Oxy IR to feel great (not too jacked up, but just really good)...

I can get ahold of some Opana 10 ERs, but I'm not familiar with them at all, how much should I do of them to be around what I'm used to with the Oxy?

and should I chew them up for snort them? (I've never snorted anything before)

thanks

please help fast!
Old 12-07-2011, 20:49
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United States
junkbox is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1
Re: First time doing Opana, please help fast!

I think that your best bet would be to only do one, even less maybe. Also the way you are going to adminster the drug is also a factor. If your used to just swallowing the Oxy thats probably what you should do.

Last edited by junkbox; 12-07-2011 at 20:53. Reason: added something
Old 17-07-2011, 10:34

25 y/o Female from USA - California
thequeenbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

Opana is generally twice as strong as OxyContin or RoxiContin, SWIM is perscribed Oxycodone and Opana, Opana > Any other drug. Tends to be expensive especially if SWIM/Y doesn't have health insurance. Rule of thumb- if you're trying out a new drug take it at a time and place where you're comfortable and don't have any serious responsibilities to take care of for the next couple hours (I.E. work!) and if you eat pills, eat pills! Don't switch it up that's just scary... Almost as if SWIM has only smoked Oxy's and want to try heroin and shoot it up! Wamp wamp!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good harm reducation advice.
Old 28-07-2011, 06:48

30 y/o Male from United States
str8ballin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 734, Level: 4 Points: 734, Level: 4 Points: 734, Level: 4

Opana's are 2x stronger than Oxy's so if it takes 50-60mg of Oxy to make you feel good then I'd say it would take 3 of the Opana 10s to equal the same high you would experience from OCs. If you've never done them before I would suggest you just do one at a time though to start off and then work your way up as your tolerance builds. I think it's a waste to eat these pills and you get a much better high snorting them.
Old 30-07-2011, 02:57

33 y/o Male from United States
Spoonbender420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1

NO !!!!! i pray the above advice didn't kill him most info will state oxycodone is around 2-2.5 X stronger the morphine and oxymorphone is roughly 10 X stronger the morphine So oxymorphone is more like 5 times stronger then oxycodone when IV'd it won't be as potent when taken oraly do to oxymorphone's very low oral bioavalability while oxycodone has a high bio when eaten

Swim would suggest to IV no for than 10mg to get an idea but would strongly recomened starting with 5mg

stupidly dangerous dose advice, and suggesting that an oral user switch TO iv'ing??? WRONG!
advise IV? WRONG
Old 24-08-2011, 10:36

46 y/o Male from Earth
ruk777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

my friend cant seem to catch a break. He has been taking a small doseage (40mg) of methadone for over 10 years. Recently he found a GREAT doctor who will prescribe him anything he likes. He tried 80 mg oxycontins and needed to take at least four to feel good. He would always crack them. Now he is getting opana 40mg. Last time he went through 0 of these in about a week. He was chewing and snorting them. But they were THE BEST! Now, tomorrow he gets to get another RX at 2 per day, along with as much methadone as he likes and also gets about 100 90mg of oxycodone IR. He LOVES it, but wishes that it did not tke the maximum amount to mke him feel good. Should I tell him to try and not take any methadone daily? Or would that require him to take even more opana? The only other med that worked as well are fentora pills. he never has tried duralgeesic patches/fentanyl patch.

ruk777 added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

"went through 60 of them in about a week"...
sorry

Last edited by ruk777; 24-08-2011 at 10:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20-09-2011, 09:05
Silver Member

Male from United States
sweatyd is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonbender420 View Post
NO !!!!! i pray the above advice didn't kill him most info will state oxycodone is around 2-2.5 X stronger the morphine and oxymorphone is roughly 10 X stronger the morphine So oxymorphone is more like 5 times stronger then oxycodone when IV'd it won't be as potent when taken oraly do to oxymorphone's very low oral bioavalability while oxycodone has a high bio when eaten

Swim would suggest to IV no for than 10mg to get an idea but would strongly recomened starting with 5mg
Is it just SWIM or is this horrible advice quoted above? From SWIMs understanding of drug equivalencies...1mg of oxymorphone taken IV/IM is equal to 20mg oxycodone taken orally. The person who (Spoonbender) was giving the advice to (CheGuevara) is taking 50-60mg to feel good. Spoon then recommended a starting IV dose of 5mg oxymorphone with a maximum of 10mg. In reality for CheGuevara's current dose of 50-60mg of oxycodone, the equivalent oxymorphone IV dosage would be 2.5-3mg. At the recommended by Spoon max 10mg IV oxymorphone dose, that would be equivalent to 200mg oxycodone taken orally...which is WAY HIGHER than the 50-60mg currently used by CheGuevara uses.

SWIM sincerely hopes that nobody used Spoon's advice and tried taking that much oxymorphone IV when changing from oxycodone orally. Oxymorphone is much too dangerous of an opiate to be missing IV dosages by that much.

well spotted! excellent job correcting dangerous misinformation
Very good info for new swimmers.
Old 21-09-2011, 02:55
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
hillbilly345 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 436, Level: 3 Points: 436, Level: 3 Points: 436, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Did you ask your doctor? Your talking prescribed medication right?
Old 21-12-2011, 13:57

22 y/o Female from United States
PsychThriller is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1

It takes SWIM about 80mg Oxycodone to catch a good buzz these days and about 20-25mg Opana to do the same. Be careful with that shit though. SWIM snorted 20mg of Opana recently and didn't feel high enough so they snorted another 20mg. . .45 minutes later and they were vomiting, delirious, and pissed that they'd used so much more than they needed. For SWIM, Opana takes a while to kick in all the way even when snorted. Handle with care.

excellent advice to start low, and good personal experience to add
Old 22-12-2011, 04:37
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
chronik is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

Do not eat more than 25mg's of Opana ER!....You do not want more than 2.5 or 3 mg in you at any one time.

chronik added 3 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Oral bio availability is about 10%, If you snort it you will get a plugged up nose but works at 40 -50% bio availability so no more than 4 or 5 mg snorted to start and do wait 30 minutes before adjusting.

chronik added 32 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

I hope no one IVd 10 mg's of Oxymorphone... If they did they won't be back here. It is 10 times stronger than morphine and has 100% bio availability IV so if you can handle 100mg's of Morphine IV, than you could handle 10 mg's of Oxymorphone IV. Read, read, read. Eating delivers about 10% of the medication to the blood, snorting,40-60%, IV100% of course. With a typical maximum therapeutic dose of 1 to 2 mg's IV. Which would be 10 to 20 mg's oral or ~20 to 40 mg's snorted.

Good sensible safety advice.

Last edited by chronik; 22-12-2011 at 04:37. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-04-2012, 04:16
Silver Member

41 y/o Female from United States
abagailadams is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

SWIM was taking about 4-8 5mg Roxicodone a day, got switched to 25mcg of Fentanyl patches every 72 hrs, and is out of the fentanyl now.. Just got about 35 Opana Blue 5mg IR's from a friend. Swim needs to stretch these Opana out till at least the 17th when the fentanyl patches refill and was thinking based on the above posts that it should be enough, however it is taking SWIM 7.5mg Opana snorting to get any pain relief... which then only lasts for a few hours. I thought these Opana were more potent!
Old 05-04-2012, 17:57

Male from United States
Drummer16 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

25mcg in 72 hours? Is that right for fentanyl? That's like nothing lol. Oh, you mean the 25mcg per hour patches.

Dude, maybe you are snorting it wrong. You should only need like 2.5mg or less snorted to feel the equivalent of 1 Roxicodone. Remember, don't suck it all the way up. You want it just in the front part of your nasal cavity, so inhale slooowwwlly. I pinch my nose together afterwards to make sure as much surface area is covered.

It should last more than a few hours for a novice user like yourself. Having a dose last only a few hours is something that happens to a user of Oxymorphone after a long time of usage.

It is possible your body doesn't respond well to the drug.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:35

Male from United States
Opiates n Grunge should review received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonbender420 View Post

Obviously this is terrible advice, but he does have a point about the potency that a lot of you were missing. I'm not sure about ROA by OP of Opana, but Opana is more than 2x more potent when taken intranasally. OxyM being 2x stronger than OxyC is for oral, but the oral bioavailability for OxyM is about 10%, where it's about 40% intranasal.

Share this on:

Tags
14-hydroxydihydromorphinone, analgesic, crack, drugs forum, drugs-forum, faq, methadone, morphine, numorphan, numorphone, opana, opana er, opanas, opiates, opioid, oxycodone, oxycontin, oxymorphone, roxicodone, shoot up, shooting up, snorting