Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 20-07-2011, 20:35
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United Kingdom
On The Nod probably knows what they are talking about.On The Nod probably knows what they are talking about.On The Nod probably knows what they are talking about.On The Nod probably knows what they are talking about.On The Nod probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,261, Level: 7 Points: 2,261, Level: 7 Points: 2,261, Level: 7
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Re: Health Profile of Heroin (debate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by missparkles View Post
is getting awfully bad now. Sparkles.
Yea but you're off it swim was wondering if you'd stayed on it.

Sorry to hear you had cancer, youv'e got to admit though there is something there swim never got ill on smack and while his body totally fucked it when he got off it he always wondered well he actually felt that heroin had some sort of protective status over the body and taking that to the next level he genuinely wondered if it would slow down Cancer or even stop it all together.

Alzhiemers as we all know (I think ) Is where the brain works so hard for so long that it starts to breakdown with old age and detiorates to the point where you can't remember anything etc..With Heroin it clearly does slow the ageing process thats not up for debate in swims opinion seen it with himslef to say that ito doubt it. But yea, not sure if it would go further, my personal opinion is it would reduce or seriously reduce (with potent Heroin) the chances of getting memory loss, mental problems older people face just because as he said in his experience it softens/ protects the brain or whatveer you wanna call it (cocoons/ seals off..)

Obviously there aren't many older people to test this on but Id be surprised if there wasnt any effect.

Don't Opium addicts have this they? Maybe.

p.s. When you come off Heroin you do feel much older swim always find that the first six months off Heroin you feel like an old man so beware that any rejuvinative effects of H are taken away when you detox..

Last edited by On The Nod; 20-07-2011 at 20:42.
Old 20-07-2011, 20:42
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,968, Level: 17 Points: 14,968, Level: 17 Points: 14,968, Level: 17
Activity: 18.7% Activity: 18.7% Activity: 18.7%

You're thinking that if heroin is a CNS depressant and that it slows things down (people who use always seem to look younger) so maybe it also slows down the aging process? And by extension slows down the speed of any illness?

In the UK it's common for end stage cancer patients to be given diacetylmorphine, but they still die? So it doesn't slow down illness at all. In fact I was always sick as fuck when I was using, never healthy.

Sparkles.
Old 20-07-2011, 20:45
Silver Member

On The Nod probably knows what they are talking about.On The Nod probably knows what they are talking about.On The Nod probably knows what they are talking about.On The Nod probably knows what they are talking about.On The Nod probably knows what they are talking about.

Quote:
In the UK it's common for end stage cancer patients to be given diacetylmorphine, but they still die? So it doesn't slow down illness at all.Sparkles.
Yea of course there still gonna Die

Jeez I wasnt saying you know its gonna stop an ill person dying thatwasn't the point, merely questioning whether it would stop the illness in the first place with regards to cancer/ Alzhiemers.

You must admit MS thatHeroin addicts do not get the common cold, swim can personally say all the time he was on Smack he didnt get any illnessess that normal/ sober people recieved.

I'm not bigging up Heroin here just reporting what happened to swim if he wasnt Dope sick other illnesses just wouldn't touch him.
Old 20-07-2011, 20:48

31 y/o Male from USA - Pennsylvania
mrfreedomx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

can anyone tell swim if snorting street heroin for years, but never shooting it, is extremely damaging to the organs? swim is recently clean for the first time in months... he has also cleaned up several times before dating back almost 3 years now... basically swim is in a band that tours a lot, and he ends up getting clean whenever he runs out of H on the road... he'll go through 3 days of feeling like complete shit, and muscling through it, then feeling fine for the rest of tour... then come back home after the tour ends, and eventually getting hooked again until the next tour. Swim finally kicked it while in his hometown this time, and is planning on severely cutting back, if not quitting entirely. But now Swim is concerned about some faint abdominal pain that may or may not be related... Swim already had his kidneys checked, and they seemed normal. But Swim is jealous of all this "pure" H that every other Swiy has apparently had, and is worried that all the street stuff he did is going to lead to something bad
Old 20-07-2011, 20:49
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,968, Level: 17 Points: 14,968, Level: 17 Points: 14,968, Level: 17
Activity: 18.7% Activity: 18.7% Activity: 18.7%

I didn't think for one minute that you'd "big up" heroin, but I totally agree, these things are interesting to discuss, aren't they?

Sparkles.
Old 20-07-2011, 20:56
Silver Member

Quote:
In fact I was always sick as fuck when I was using, never healthy.

Sparkles.
Well yea the life thats another story if thats what youre alluding too, but to state you were sick as f*ck while using I do understand, but people are prescribed pure Diamorphine and they aren't sick as f*ck just like someone who is prescribed Oxy isnt sick AS f*ck unless they abuse it!

No offence..

I really didn't mean any

Quote:
So it doesn't slow down illness at all.
Sparkles.
I think it does Miss Sparks just a question of when you begin using it not saying its gonna cure cancer or stop you dying

Last edited by On The Nod; 20-07-2011 at 20:59. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20-07-2011, 23:07
Silver Member

49 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Pablo64 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1

Just add my bit..while on H (many decades) I never got flu,cold or any other infection of this type..the first time in twenty years that I could not score was last Christmas.I had to take bad crap and a bit of meth.I was in bed for ten days with swine flu.coincidence .?
And any way if I couldn't think of a positive about most of my life on H it would have all been a waste ! Thank god for the rejuvenating effects hey.ha
Old 25-08-2011, 07:12
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Kev 94 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

swim says having been a heroin addict and currently on a methadone script to say heroin is safer that cannabis well swim just dosent know. If you just smoke the heroin you dont usually get a comedown or risk overdosing or developing pyscological problems. So there will be areas were heroin may be safer than cannabis.

I read somewhere that heroin is a safe drug its just the cost of the lifestyle that causes so much damage and problems.
Old 26-08-2011, 16:33
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United States
urkuh is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1

I've actually heard this as well. I mainly believe alcohol is more damaging then the illegal drugs. Bristish scientists ahve been researching... ( I couldn't find the official study, yet, but this is a news paper about it)
http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/...6A000O20101101

I'm not trying to offend any recovering user's by saying "alcohol is a worse addiction" or whatever, I'm not trying to offend anybody. I just think that our governments aren't listening to what our researchers are proving... I was talking about this topic with my grandmother, who is a conservative as well as, a psychology professor, & she too agrees, that while illegal drugs CAN be dangerous, that fact that nicotine & alcohol is legal, is too hypocritical.

For illicit drugs, if you get rid of cutting agents &/or some adulterants, as well as being able to be monitored, the drugs in question could be a lot safer. Harm Reduction could be practiced mainstream; Naxolone available like needles are today, would bring down heroin overdose, at least.

I hope I'm not coming off, too crazy, haha. Their is no doubt that Heroin can certainly be dangerous, as it is now. But, I think the criminal element has a thing to do with that... I mean, Portugal decrimizlied drugs 10 years ago, & its being hailed as a huge success! They have less weed users, then we have cocaine users... Little off topicish, but it's all relative. I'll add more, I gotta process my thoughts, better, before I get more off topic. haha
Old 26-08-2011, 23:47
Gold Member

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
jon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medline
Points: 3,676, Level: 9 Points: 3,676, Level: 9 Points: 3,676, Level: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by urkuh View Post
I've actually heard this as well. I mainly believe alcohol is more damaging then the illegal drugs. Bristish scientists ahve been researching... ( I couldn't find the official study, yet,

No need to keep looking, the study was added to the file archives some time ago by Catseye.

Drug harms in the UK: a multicriteria decision analysis

Old 27-08-2011, 03:08
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United States
urkuh is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon-q View Post
No need to keep looking, the study was added to the file archives some time ago by Catseye.

Drug harms in the UK: a multicriteria decision analysis

Oh, Thanks! I haven't yet been through it, but that saved me alot of time!
I should check it out!
Old 27-08-2011, 17:17
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo64 View Post
Just add my bit..while on H (many decades) I never got flu,cold or any other infection of this type..the first time in twenty years that I could not score was last Christmas.I had to take bad crap and a bit of meth.I was in bed for ten days with swine flu.coincidence .?
Not really; it actually makes a lot of sense, since your body is run down & in a state of flux when detoxing, so it makes sense that during a detox you'd be more likely to be affected by any germies running around.

I know what people are saying in regards to 'I never caught a cold, etc etc while on Heroin', but I have to wonder how much of that is perception. Opiates are fantastic cough suppressants, for one thing, & they make you feel really good & not give a flying fuck about anything else in the world anyway...so maybe people are getting sick but just don't notice?

I definitely got sick when I was using opioids daily, and I had a 'script, so I never really ran out. I got the flu, colds, stomach virii, etc. In fact, I'm on MMT right now & currently have a nasty fucking headcold & I feel like shit. First thing in the morning, before I dose, everything hurts like hell & I cough up all kinds of nasty gross green mucus. But once my dose kicks in I feel a lot better...which kind of sucks, because the methadone is acting as a cough suppressant, but I think I *need* to be coughing this shit up. Anyway, as the day goes on, I feel ickier & ickier again. I'll be woken up during the night by coughing fits so violent that I almost vomit (& did vomit a few times), until morning comes when I'm at my worst.

But yeah, I actually feel like the opioids are *prolonging* my illness, by not allowing me to expectorate this crap.

In regards to the 'Heroin users look younger than they are' thing, to some extent I agree with this (until someone's strung out...then again, when I was strung out & looked like shit, I still looked far younger than my actual age *shrug*); however, it seems that it all catches up eventually. Like, someone will look 10 years younger than their actual age until they're, say, 45-50 years old, but then they catch up with the rest of the non-Heroin-addicted population. So it appears worse, like they all of a sudden look their age, instead of it happening gradually like everyone else.

I don't doubt there could be some neuroprotective effects from (pure) Heroin usage, but how many of us have access to unadulterated diacetylmorphine? However, as others have mentioned, the chronic constipation that accompanies daily opioid use CAN'T be good for one's body. Especially since it also can suppress the appetite, both from the drug itself & being constipated.

Also, with methadone in particular (I know this is about Heroin mainly, but I thought I'd throw this in any how), I am constantly at a low level of dehydration, because it makes me sweat so fucking much; that can't be good for the body either.

Thoughts?

~Kailey
Old 27-01-2012, 07:47
Mercury Member

34 y/o Male from United States
smegg needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

opiates actually are very gentle on the system. its the constant risks you take to stay well that are generally what kill you i.e. hep c [like me] or the classic o.d. i am only 32 and i look around and most of my old friends are dead, in prison, sick with hep or you just dont wanna be around them.

smegg added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

shit. makes me wanna cry.

Last edited by smegg; 27-01-2012 at 07:47. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-04-2012, 19:06
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
Cynder is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

First statement is wrong sorry. I ended up with endocarditis from needles and my organs and health in general is still scarred today. Its more common than you think, I've known others, and it's the easiest drug to OD and die from. If you haven't had the experience then you don't know much about it so don't make ignorant statements.

Post Quality Evaluations:
It's rude to call someone's statements ignorant. If you disagree you should say with what and give reasons as to why.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:19
Silver Member

Male from Canada
TurboGolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

wow , old thread but had to respond to dude saying legalize heroin , it is way healthier then weed.. in reality its not .. if if you take heroin for the rest of your life and don't OD .. so we rule out that factor and Heroin is still 100 times worst .. and im sure poeple have argued in this tread i just havent felt like browsing everytthing first to state the weed being worst then heroin thing.. actually i'd say weed is the Safest of all these drugs bcuz it is the most non-addictive compared to all this

Post Quality Evaluations:
It's considered rude to post if you "don't feel like" reading the posts that came before yours to see if it says the same thing. If you want others to read your posts, you should take the time to read theirs.
If you would have "felt llike" reading all 2 pages of this thread you would have seen your opinion has already been discussed in length. In the future try to not resurrect old threads unless you have a new piece of info/science to add
Old 02-02-2013, 05:49

Male from USA - Arizona
sirlaughman should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

I wish this wasnt dead, I wish there was an option to "Favorite" this thread, and if there is I dont know where to find it, I wish I had the time to state my debate, and I wish I wasnt necroing this right now. Sorry. this is an interesting topic though and I wish I could Fav it to easily find it later.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:08
Silver Member

Male from United States
dankplantgrower is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 140, Level: 1 Points: 140, Level: 1 Points: 140, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Pot doesnt cause enough harm to chalk it up next to hard drugs like heroin. If cannabis didnt exist the "stoner burnouts" would just be getting buzzed on something else like alcohol... And then youd have people driving several thousand pound projectiles whilst drunk. America is safer because we have so many potheads.

Heroin doesnt lend itself to being productive. I just nod in and out of a stupor on heroin. On weed I do everything I can do sober with no issues. Also if your heroin dealer runs dry or you run out of money, youre laying around deathly sick with vomit and diarhea shooting out of you until you can get your next fix.

Pretty obvious which is more harmful to me.

Last edited by dankplantgrower; 12-11-2013 at 04:11. Reason: holy shit didnt realize thread was years old. sorry mods can you delete it
Old 13-11-2013, 04:28
Silver Member

29 y/o Female from United States
Kate023 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 119, Level: 1 Points: 119, Level: 1 Points: 119, Level: 1
Activity: 8.3% Activity: 8.3% Activity: 8.3%

While heroin and opiates in general are safer than many other drugs out there, it's really not accurate to say that they're completely safe or do no damage to the body. Long term use can lead to conditions like chronic digestive problems, colon problems, and urinary problems to name a few. After 15 years of chronic opiate abuse, I developed gastroparesis and a urethral diverticulum which I needed to have surgically corrected. The gastroparesis is lack of perastalsis in the digestive tract caused by damage to the vagus nerve, I assume because of repeated suppression of this nerve due to chronic opiate abuse. I have also heard of many other cases of chronic opiate users/ abusers developing this condition and is a theory supported by my gastroenterologist. The urethral diverticulum is basically a herniation of the urethral muscles caused by repeated straining to urinate- this is due to long term opiate abuse for sure (from the urinary constipation caused by opiates). Both have been extremely painful conditions for me, although not life-threatening. Not to mention chronic back/ spinal problems from years of heavy lifting when I was on so much dope that the pain I was experiencing simply didn't "register."

Share this on:

Tags
drug, drugs-forum, heroin, iv heroin, marijuana, opiates, opioids, quit smoking, smoking heroin, weed